Yfw some day by the 2030 Steam is going to dissapear just like GameSpy Arcade or Games for Windows LIVE

>yfw some day by the 2030 Steam is going to dissapear just like GameSpy Arcade or Games for Windows LIVE
>yfw your entire game collection will be gone forever

Wouldn't have happened if Hilldawg was in charge

Probably not.

I also hope I will be long dead by 2030.

that's for the better then

steam is doing great 99% of pc gamers use it besides people who just pirate.

it's only 13 years from now

even less considering it's May already

fuck - it's closer from now to 2030 than from now to 2002

You go girl!

kys

That's why I buy physical copies. The only way I'll ever buy digital is if it's on a really big sale. Those who pay full price for digital are fucking retards.

even buying physical copy of a game you need to register it on steam

Steam dies, pirate the games, problem solved.

B-but.. oh..

thats why I play on consoles, I got totally disinterested with PC gaming after they started forcing Steam on us.

I wonder what's going to happen if Sony declares PS3 a legacy platform and considers taking down all PS3, PSP, and cross platform content.

But that's why I have my physical copies. They all work offline no problem. Worst thing is no update support but that's a lot better than not even being able to play shit you paid for.

>m-m-muh console""""gaming""""
whoa I didn't knew you were so poor

hacker NEETS will prevail.

>2017
>piracy
Denuvo made it fucking impossible

Isn't console gaming more expansive?

I probably make more than you faggot.

Depends. The console itself is cheaper but the games are more expensive.

>v-valve is my friend and I trust them with the ownership of all my games

By the time Steam shuts down you'll have a jack installed in your spine and you'll spend your free time in a VR sim with Audrey Hepburn grinding her hairy pussy on your face as Marilyn Monroe straddles your cock, the two of them massaging each others breasts and exchanging tonguey kisses.

Marilyn fine but I dont want that stuck up mouse faced bitch hepburn anywhere near my cock.

>your entire game collection
>your game
I bet you wept about losing YOUR movie collection when Blockbuster got shut down too.

But that's wrong you faggot.
At blockbuster you paid rental fees to rent movies instead of the full price.
Steam you pay full price for a game, it should be yours logically.
Legally speaking you're right though, you have no ownership over your games. And I reiterate: people who pay full price for digital copies are fucking retards.

the alternative is keeping 20 consoles plugged in and reserving a wall in your home for plastic boxes. Fuck that.

On Steam you pay full price to rent a digital copy of a game for a long time. You don't own anything on Steam.

Something tells me if Steam shuts down there will be a plan in place to ensure people can keep their games.

You guys suck at thinking further ahead than a week or so.

>udrey Hepburn grinding her hairy pussy on your face

Are you a retard?

I don't think anything will replace PC gaming, ever. Console users on the other hand lose all those games with every new generation.

By the time Steam goes down I wont be playing games anymore.

Judging by how I treat my PS2 Games, that are just sitting the basement I really won't care.

Valve have said that there will still be a way to play your games If steam ever gets shut down, but I'm not sure what it would be.

games like Total War:Warhammer or FIFA 17 are not cracked to this day

I can't wait to quit video gaming

Steam has such a massive library the concept of it going under is kinda like the concept that Apple would consider closing iTunes.

Even if Valve went under another company would buy Steam just for that playerbase that uses it.

As it stands it would be impossible, they'd have to some some severe changes. If servers were to close I don't think they'd bother at all.

Isn't there a folder on your PC for every game you download from Steam containing all game data and the .exe file? Even if Steam were to shut down you could play games directly from there, you'd just need to make a backup copy and your games are safe.

Steam is synonymous with PC gaming. Seeing them going under would be a rare site.

>Steam is going to dissapear just like GameSpy Arcade or Games for Windows LIVE

It's not going to disappear like those things because people are too invested in Steam.
Whats going to happen is Gayben is going to have a heart attack and Valve is going on the open market, get a board of directors, and a fuckton huge numbers of fingers in the pie who all want one thing - money - and it's going to turn into a madhouse as they slowly ramp up the money juicing machine as they hold everybodies game library hostage.

Can't wait for that day.

You'd need a crack to play those games since it needs something from Steam to start. I guess they would make a universal crack for all the games.

I highly doubt Gabe hasn't picked who will lead Valve next in the case of an emergency. That fat fuck knows his time is near.

>you would just need to make a backup copy of all 5TB of your games

cool idea bro

>compare the most successful digital gaming platform in existence with two abject failures

every time

if you think steam will disappear you are retarded straight up

do not lewd audrey

The backup is optional, you can still play games without having a backup copy (assuming that a crack exists like
said)

Why is there a microwave in this image depicting Hilary memes?

Who gives a shit considering no one lives forever?

>Why is there a microwave in this image depicting Hilary memes?

Wow, good point, it's either a microwave or an almost 30yo TV model.

She very well might be after Blumpf gets impeached. Pence will be in office for two years and an election will be held. At which point we'll all scream in joy, Hill yes!

Hillary's sworn off taking any public office. You can stop false flagging now.

Go back to your babyspeak infantile Colbert meme.

>Hillary's sworn off taking any public office.
About as likely to be true as when loser paul ryan swore he didn't want to be the speaker. Say it with me, Drumpster, Madame President.

I mean, at least this has some semblance of effort put into the bait.

Sup Forums's gotten real depressing lately, they've all regressed to the mind of a 3-year-old. It's pretty sad.

Won't they email everyone their cd keys at least?

Why would an old tv model be used to meme current events, is what I'm getting at.

All of you go back to Sup Forums and take some gas for the gas chamber. Be sure to take enough to kill everyone there.

>Playstation will stop existing someday
>So will playstation network
>All my trophies will vanish

wew lad

>All of you go back to Sup Forums and take some gas for the gas chamber.

Wow, what's your problem buster, all I did was point out the TV in the image looked like a CRT from your parent's attic.

shut up faggot