Does it ever get good? The exploration is boring, the combat is subpar, the map is confusing

Does it ever get good? The exploration is boring, the combat is subpar, the map is confusing.

No
Just download the OST

If you don't like it you probably just don't like it. I thought it was fine, enjoyed shooting and sword swinging though. The map isn't too bad, just remember it's two levels or whatever.

It's good from the word go, you just have terrible taste user.

It does... for the bosses.

Not gonna lie. The story's pretty lame and is never quite explained. The combat and platforming don't always play by the rules they teach, but the bosses are good, good fun.

If you're not enjoying what you've played so far, though, then I doubt you'll have much enjoyment out of the rest.

Yea I agree with this. Speaking of which, I can never seem to reliably chain dashes in the game. It's kind of weird since ive beaten vanilla and ng+ at this point, but is there any advice for doing that?

Git gud lol

Practice it. I find chain dashing to be very satisfying.

>that 800 chain dash achievement

I can only get to like, 100-200. My autism is not strong enough.

Yea I mean I get that I was asking for advice on how to do that though

The thing that confuses me is the cooldown. I assumed it was just that white bar, but even when it recharges I can't do it again, sometimes not for a while. I don't know if I'm just being retarded but sometimes it's so easy to do I almost accidentally pull it off, sometimes despite my best efforts I can't even chain 2

The wait after the first dash is longer than the wait after the subsequent dashes.

the combat is too fast and I can't see what the fuck is happening half of the time

I see, I did not realize that. I'll try it again with that in mind then, thanks.

what's the story to this game anyway.

I think it has something to do with the creators heart condition or something. In all honesty I found it to be nearly if not completely incoherent, and it seemed like it was trying too hard to be deep without having the metaphors it wanted to use cemented down enough.

Man. Fuck the confusing map, I cleared the first area, got a key thing that I think I could use to open a door somewhere in the area, but fuck if the map even tells me where that door could possibly be.

I'd rather not go through it all again having to kill all the monsters so I could find that door. There was also another door that required 3 of these diamond quarter things that I couldn't open when I first got to it, but after getting the entire diamond thing, I have 0 clue on where it could be.

This makes exploration too much of a bore.

The only reason this game is known is because the lead developer has some serious illness and the game is supposed to be some kind of deep representation of coping with mortality.

The video game blogs ate that shit up.

Yea those secret doors really suck. Unless you note where they are yourself I don't think there's a way to know. I have enough for at least 2 of the doors I think, but I don't remember where any of them are so it's tough to just go back and find them since they could be pretty much anywhere.

Oh wait the diamond doors are almost always near the teleporters they aren't hard to find, I thought you meant the secret doors here

The areas are small enough that you could run through them again in ~5 minutes and find the diamond doors (which are necessary to progress so they shouldn't be hidden). Secret doors are fucked, though. Get a notebook.

>this whole thread so far
>wahh it's too hard
>wahhh why doesn't it hold my hand
>wahh I don't know where to go
>wahh where is the narrator to give me a 2 hour long plot dump

jesus christ how casual has Sup Forums gotten over the yesrs...

Don't be an idiot.

to each his own I suppose, this game was already good despite the 30FPS limit issue, then I heard it got fixed, easily the best indie game of 2016