How does Sup Forums feel about pirating games?

How does Sup Forums feel about pirating games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just fine. I do it all the time and nothing you say is gonna make me feel bad about it. I do it because I want to

This.
I do it because I can.
If I could pirate petrol for my car I'd do that too.

i pirate cuz free. now fuck off.

yes any introspection or justification for any action or decision makes you a faggot now I see

I think this is the right attitude. Some people think they have to justify shit either way or feel better about themselves for sucking corporate cock

Did your mommy cut you off from your allowance this week?

I'm the dwarf in the shades, except instead of piracy I've proudly embraced the vice of rape.

you're a silly guy

I think paying someone for hard work and a nice product is, like, ok.

I don't do it. People who do it are barely above nigger tier. If they can reconcile that or just don't care then so be it.

I don't believe the pirate and the faggot are always mutually exclusive.
You ask half the anons who pirate why they do it and they say "j-just trying before buying" when it goes down like this.
>Pirate 60 dollar game that just came out
>Get game for free
>Enjoy game for 30+ hours
>"Hey user, why didn't you buy that game afterwards?"
>"Shit game"
>"But you put more than 30 hours into it"
>"I had to make sure"

You're a faggot and a cuck

u all need to get a job and stop being poor!!!!

dont really care what people do but the people who do pirate like screaming about it so it automatically makes it super gay

I haven't done it in a long time. Expendable income coupled with games I actually feel like owning, not to mention I don't consume games at the rate I used to anyway.

is this you?

>play game for an hour
>call it shit
>"How do you know? You barely played it!"

>play game for 30 hours
>call it shit
>"lol if it's shit why did you play it for so long?"

For you

Same thing

If you have the wealth to support your favorite developers do it by all means but if you don't then just pirate, the faggot is right when he says the developers wouldn't be getting any money from a poor person anyway

The majority buy games. Most get them in sales. People who want to go to the effort to pirate always will, it's no real problem.

I just wait till sales and pick them up cheap.

Where do you fall if you don't give a fuck about why you pirate but liked the game enough that you went and bought it later?

My wife teaches high school in a 99% white, upper middle class city in America. Last Friday, she had the students write a short essay on whether or not downloading books without paying is ok.

Every single student said it's perfectly acceptable because it helps achieve a greater good for society.

Yesterday when my wife explained why it's not ok, students argued with her until they were blue in the face. Just 1 student came to their senses and finally understood why it was wrong.

America will be fully cucked by liberals as soon as these students reach voting age. We have 2-4 years left anons....

As a buyfag I don't really care if people pirate stuff, its just the way it goes. Pirates that go out of the way to justify their stealing are funny though.

I don't care what people do. The one time I have an issue with piracy is when the people who do it try to posture themselves as intellectually or economically superior to the people who actually pay for their product.

My least favorite type is the people who actually think their piracy is teaching the "big bad evil corporation" a lesson. EA and Nintendo games are full of these.

Shit story, shit post.

Do better next time.

I pirate pretty much everything. I like to tell myself I do it because I don't have the money to buy. I don't know how much more money would make me buy though... Like I'm not exactly super poor either. At the end of the day I know it kind of sucks and know it's not healthy for the industry, and I am aware I probably won't be able to keep doing it forever as laws and precautions get updated, and I fear the day I no longer can because I honestly don't know what's going to happen, am I gonna pay or say fuck it and look for a cheaper hobby

The kids were objectively right. Your wife is a horrible person that should be put to death for trying to brainwash kids.

>lol you're a c uck if you buy media just like you buy absolutely everything else

You should only pirate if you're okay with not getting any more games because shit isn't made for free.

>Sup Forums will never stop me from buying video games
>Sup Forums will never stop me from buying AAA video games
>Sup Forums will never stop me from buying AAA video games that Sup Forums hates
>Sup Forums will never stop me from buying oversimplified AAA video games that Sup Forums hates
>Sup Forums will never stop me from killing video games

congratulations, you're a faggot

I played skyrim for 70 hours, the first 40 hours where fun but the game started to get stale after that and it wasn't worth a $60

Books is even more reason to torrent. The publishers lock you into viewing restrictions, they price gouge, they don't let you share your book. Hoarding knowledge just so you can line your pockets is disgusting.
>Now you'll call me a child because I have the same opinion on something as students.

fuck off piece of shit commie

There's too many faggots and not enough pirates on Sup Forums

How does Sup Forums reconcile both pirating games and complaining when games move to pander to markets that do buy games?

>user can't handle getting called out for being a faggot

Sup Forums needs people to make fun of
godspeed user

Your wife is a slackjawed jew, thanks for ruining another generation.

>40 hours of enjoyable content isn't worth 60$

wahhh its not fair!

That's how they feel.

Jesus christ. How do you get so fat your body starts sending it to your hands

I think when I pay for games, I'm paying for the convenience of easily finding it, updating it, keeping track of it, etc. When I can pirating is far easier than just buying the game (such as the FreeShop on 3DS) I'll stick to pirating

>you're a commie for thinking downloading books from greedy ass nigger corporations that don't even write a new book, just rearrange pictures then charge full price that schools require are bad

As an amateur writter i would hate it if people were to just download my hard work like it means nothing but then again it's not comparable a poor NEET with a Nintendo stockholder, it's still wrong but games are very expensive (at least for a poor/middle class person) and some "indie" book isn't

If your "hard work" was worth it, they'd be paying for it

Your shitty animu fanfiction isn't worth shit

You might be interested in this.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI&t=1s

I buy most of my games these days, but when a really awful game comes out I pirate it several times so the devs lose money. It's the only way to make them understand what they did wrong.

As a professional developer and also a writer, I don't give a fuck what people do with my stuff as long as they talk about it to their friends

I don't pirate because I have a weird obsession with having the game in my steam library.

I buy keys instead.

If his work is worthless then why do people download/read it?

This is always the weirdest argument for me. The 'the game is worthless' when coupled with 'I want X game'.

I pirate when there's no demo and I need to check if the game works on my toaster. Or older console games, because why would I look for it on ebay, when emuparadise exists?

>the "not worth it" excuse
>not just "I wanna free shit"

Role playing games with only 40 hours of enjoyable content doesn't deserve full price

I bet it's ok for you to pay $15 for a movie ticket for an hour and a half movie you cuck sucker

I wish I knew how

All things that can be shared freely should be shared freely. Putting artificial limitations on them is immoral. Someday we'll be able to replicate food and medicine too, but corporate shills like you will try to halt progress for as long as possible.

You're lucky if anyone gives a shit at all. You think garage bands are crying over lost profits from pirated copies?

which books are we talking about?
textbooks? fuck you, textbook publishers are massive faggots, they fill their books with bullshit agendas, throw all sorts of bs restrictions on them, work out agreements with each other to price gouge, etc. all this because they paid some faggot professor to design his course so that you have to have the book even if you can get the same info elsewhere. fuck them.
if we're talking about books for entertainment purposes, there are too many shitty books out there for me to spend money on them without some assurance of quality. i download first and buy it later to add to my collection if i enjoyed it. same with games.
>greater good for society
yeah no shit it's a greater good for society, that's not an excuse. the reason goods and services cost money is BECAUSE they're useful. quid pro quo is the basis for any functional economic system. if something is useful, the person providing it should be compensated.
that said, if the person providing the good or service is being a massive fucking prick, i'm not going to feel too bad about pirating their shit, either.

its great
but pls seed

Trips of truth and wisdom

see

Nothing against pirating. I don't understand the cucks who pay to pirate though.

That would be 30$ per hour of content, you're saying 1.50$ for an hour of content isn't worth it. I can't tell if you're just baiting at this point, especially when you used the term 'cuck sucker'.

What do you put as your price point per hour of content? 1$? .50$? Less?

>Piranting games
>Then ranting because game companies make DLC and micropayment

So what's the general idea behind you guys pirating? Is it Money, Try before you buy, or just some immature sense of "Sticking it to the man"?

You are correct. Services should not be compensated. Only actual faggot think that paying someone for work is sensible.

see

>Le epic "if it were good they would pay for it" meme
Pirates download shit because they can, they aren't going to stop themselves if the thing they're about to download is good, on the contrary they will download it even more eagerly
I've wrote a few short stories and i distributed them myself but i'm writting a much bigger story right now with much more effort and if it were ever to be published i would like some reward for it, i'm not rich i need the money
I'll watch it later

hey, can you share your ssn with me, as well as your name, dob, full address, credit card number, mother's maiden name, cvn number, expiry date, and full checking and routing information for your bank account? the pw would also be helpful. thanks bud, sharing is caring.

I'll just pirate the DLCs too

I'm not trying to make you feel bad. I just want to know the reasoning. It seems to be just "I deserve to have these games".

>Pirates download shit because they can
pirates download shit for a variety of different reasons, "because they can" is merely one of these reasons

No, because that has actual consequences. Your analogy is shit and you should feel bad

>Pirates download shit because they can, they aren't going to stop themselves if the thing they're about to download is good, on the contrary they will download it even more eagerly
see

I just don't care. I do it because I can. If I could download a car I'd do that too.

and sharing other stuff doesn't have actual consequences?

I generally pirate games I've played in the past that I want to feel a bit of nostalgia for. I'm not going to rebuy a dreamcast just for Powerstone 2 to only play it for a week and forget about it again.

Pirating only doesn't have consequence because it's too widespread to police.

i really want to post the uncropped one but i dont feel like getting banned

THAT FUCKING HAND

Don't care. Game piracy has been around since DOS days and maybe even before. I don't know why people act like its a new thing.

Sharing someone's intellectual property against their wishes has no consequences?

For someone who doesn't care you link your post a lot m8

A $20 dollars game should give me 80 hours of enjoyable content at least

I buy my games and I hate when companies gate content that they usually cut from the game behind paywalls and luck.

As far as I am concerned they were never going to get the pirate nigger's money assuming he had any. Why should I the paying customer have to deal with that bullshit?

You're just too retarded to read

>adding 'cuck' to an age old meme

Act only on that maxim through which you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.

It's because I can and who the fuck cares?
It's all virutal anyways lol

Incorrect. It should be a roughly nickel to hour of content.

Five dollars should be 100 hours of content, otherwise the cuck devs deserve to be pirated from.

Nice to know you didn't play any video games before 2000

And you're too mad to stop replying.

This is very accurate. I know a lot of indie game devs who would be very happy to see their games being pirated. It just means people have taken notice to it, and that's only good in the long run.

No. You taking money from my bank actively and directly removes value from my person. You stealing my computer actively and directly deprives me of my property. Copying something does none of that
Source?
List the companies that have gone out of business directly because someone Ctrl + c, Ctrl+ v their work too many times
Copying has no bad implications

That post never said anything about compensation. In fact, compensation works better when things are shared freely. Just look at Toady One or any museum. They operate off of donations and are doing fine. Video games as a whole would actually be a lot better if they were only made by people who enjoy making them, and only supported/compensated by people who enjoyed playing them.

post a link to it or where i can download it just please don't leave me cucked here

>you're mad because my projection about why pirates do what they do is false

Also on this note I know there's also indie devs who put the torrent for their games up themselves.

Game development costs lots of money, so sometimes publishers insists in using cheap content that can be quickly profitable, like paid costumes DLC. But sometimes the game is finished long before shipping (because of marketing and stuff) so we take time to make decent expansions for day/week 1.