So will this kill stardew valley?

So will this kill stardew valley?

Other urls found in this thread:

destructoid.com/interview-xseed-executive-vp-ken-berry-315659.phtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't believe so. However they may feel pressured to improve on harvest moon to compete with Stardew which is good.

Haven't followed harvest moon well but isn't there something with story of seasons or whatever? That harvest moon is just the localization team trying to make their own games.

The real harvest moon is story of seasons, you dumbass.

Yeah anything after "A New Beginning" is where the series split. It is now as follows:

Story of Seasons: The original series, this is closer to the series name in Japan. Finally with trio of towns the series is actually becoming good again, almost up there with the PSX/N64 games.

Harvest Moon: Purely Natsume, no involvement with the old devs so the series doesn't really have the "history" for the developers. Wouldn't be surprised if it eventually gets decent, but IIRC their first release under the name was almost minecraft-ish in terms of being square block digging/placing to make shit. Or something. Don't really care about the series.

Stardew Valley is pretty solid though, I do like the farming mechanics. Combat sucks though, wish they would have took cues from Rune Factory in that regard.

>Natsume Harvest Moon

i might try it but i feel like i already have enoguh farming simulator games with stardew valley, rune factory 4, and story of seasons

Anything released as Harvest Moon now is shit. The REAL Harvest Moon games are now Story of Seasons.

This whole time I thought Harvest Moon was first party Nintendo.

Not anymore boy~o. Lmao.

>anymore
It was never first party, ever.

>not knowing the real Harverst Moon changed its name to Story of Seasons after problems with Natsume.

Now harvest moon is nothing but cheap shovelware inteded to be a cashgrab from ignorat morons like yourself while all the devs from the Harvest Moon saga kept working and releasing games under the Story of Seasons name due to lisencing issues.

I don't think most of the people who played Stardew are even aware of Harvest Moon also this

???

HM had games released in PS1, PS2 and PSP.

Ok I'll bite

What is harvest moon?
Why should I care about harvest moon?
Does it fill the void?

Story of Seasons and modern HM is sort of garbage.

Nothing can top original Harvest Moon.

Wake me up when they take out the cringe-worthy 'romance' bullshit and I'll be interested.

If Story of Seasons has the same devs for Harvest Moon before the split then why is it trash?

It's not trash

Fuck no. This shit is Harvest Moon in name only.
The actual devs were bought by Marvelous and now make Story of Season and I hope one day they make a Rune Factory 5 seeing as they also own that IP.

Trio of Towns was a 6/10 at best.

Why do you say its trash?

Trio of towns is one of the best in the series.
Better than some of the old games for sure.

But the social interactions are literally like 60% of the game

To put it simply, ToT is boring, it constantly throws tutorials at you like you're retarded, townslfolk are generic, there's barely any inovation compared to its predecessors.
At times, it feels like a lesser version of its predecessor.

Romance has been in almost every single HM. It's like half the point of playing the games.

Don't care. I first played it on the gameboy, then later on the N64. I like the core gameplay of Harvest Moon games, what I don't like is the faggoty animu waifu bullshit. Fuck off with that.

I was particularly salty when the mayor told me he wanted me out because I didn't marry some bitch in town. Fuck you, nigger, I inherited the farm from gramps and you have no authority to toss me out of my own land.

No gays allowed in Harvest Moon, iirc.

You do realize that most of the games let you marry regardless of gender, right?

I want ALL that romance shit to be removed.

The tutorials in Trio are so unintrusive and they give you an option to skip them.
There's also plenty of QoL changes. How can you say that the tool upgrade system or plot movements are barely anything?

>townslfolk are generic
If the townsfolk in Trio are generic, then so are the townsfolk from the other games. Not only do they have tons of rotating dialogue, but they have more events than any prior games.

The improvements and QoL are there. Did you even play the series the past few years?
Sounds like you've got nostalgia goggles on.

You are a farmer in a happy town filled with really happy people (most of them).

Is the inspiration for Stardew valley.

the last good harvest moon was back to nature so who the fuck cares, not even the same devs anymore

Aren't they the same game just different names in the west/east?

How does something kill a singleplayer game that has been out over a year? It already got its sales.

Play the SNES game
Fall in love like everyone else did

Is it also pixel graphics?
What keeps you going in this game?

>still playing Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons / Stardew Valley / Nu Harvest Moon

I sure hope none of you actually do this.

WILD GUNS RELOADED WITH ONLINE WHEN NATSUME

Leftism killed SJW Valley

>When the town major ask you to leave since you didn't wanted to follow his patriarchal view of fixed marriage, and since you feel offended you call him out for violating the non-aggression principle, giving you total moral authority to fire 3 nukes into his house.

What farming sim should we be playing ?

No that's false. Harvest Moon has always been heterosexually exclusive. Only recently I heard that Story of Seasons will allow cosmetic changes that make the appearance of homosexual marriages. However, the sexes will still be opposite.

>modern Harvest Moon
I guess you never learned what happened, PCfriend. Ignore it, HM isn't HM anymore, Story of Seasons is

Get on my NAP level, pleb

Multi-player perhaps? Better portraits?

Doesn't story of seasons allow me to be gay? I'd rather try that (never played a harvest moon though) on switch. Also isn't story of seasons the good one and harvest moon now has like minecraft terrains?

>fucking casuals

No, it only allows you to cross-dress.

I'll only care about this depending on the waifus.

The biggest problem of Stardew for me is the way socialpartsget handled.
The entire thing is far too american.

HM/RF/SoS girls:
>the tomboy
>the cute childhood friend
>the already perfect wife
>the shy girl
>the cool girl
>the born farmgirl

Stardew Valley
>the fat girl
>the REALLY fat girl
>the trailer trash
>the (((smart))) black girl
>the town bicycle
>the lesbian

Who cares about the chinese bootleg HM?
The next installment of Story of Seasons is going to be a switch exclusive.

A PSA to people new to the series. Do some homework on the history of it.
The real series that people grew up with is now called Story of Seasons.

Natsume HM games after the release of HM: A new Beginning are essentially shovelware that belongs on mobile devices.

That has no charm

why HM fags are so belligerent?

you forgot one category in HM/RF/SoS;
>the absolute garbage/boring girl who happens to be the canon romance

>that has no waifu pandering

fixt for u

No, Story of Seasons is what you think of as Harvest Moon, but the company that owns the rights to the name "Harvest Moon" doesn't publish the games in the west anymore, and is instead making shitty knock offs using the Harvest Moon name.

At least there is a mod to date the loli.

Because almost every spinoff is better than the original and their game has been slowly dying a painful death the last couple years

Someone call me when Rune Factory 5 is announced

The only thing holding me back from getting stardew was the non-virgin roastie girls, the gays, and the terrible looking potraits (though I know mods for that exists).

it has no interaction with npcs period which is half the point of HM.

Also the literal godess.
Honestly I have been told countless times that Stardew Valley is a good game but the character archetypes turn me off from it. Not a fan of the portraots either.

Wait, what's wrong with Stardew Valley? Did I miss something?

>Someone call me when Rune Factory 5 is announced

Possibly.

It shouldnt be hard though tbqh. Stardew isnt very well put together and how you can mod it doesn't save it from its problems of lack of immersivity,things being too spacious for its own good and low interaction characters

Fuck I forgot about stardew valley.

Its raining a lot outside, and I'm drinking some hot cocoa in my comfy pajamas.

its the perfect time for some chill vidya.

No, they really split companies and are different games now

no anime portraits to give Sup Forums a boner so they hate it

>Someone call me when Rune Factory 5 is announced
yeah...about that...

But it's REALISTIC.

Harvest Moon started on the SNES and it was about a young boy who inherited his grandfather's farm. The goal was to raise crops and animals and make the farm successful in 2.5 years. Also you can get married and have a child, some games allow you to have two children though. In more recent games they've removed the time limit and gave the player other goals to shoot for in terms of story and why you're running a farm. It's a multiplatform series too, on mostly on Nintendo and Sony hardware and spans consoles and handhelds alike.

One thing to remember is the games are split now. The series is developed by Marvelous and was known over here as Harvest Moon. After the first 3DS game, A New Beginning, the series went from Natsume to XSeed and goes by a new name, Story of Seasons. Natsume still continues to release Harvest Moon games, but they're not developed by the same people as the previous ones.

destructoid.com/interview-xseed-executive-vp-ken-berry-315659.phtml

>Dtoid: What about Rune Factory (a spin-off series of the Bokujou Monogatari franchise)?

>Berry: There are continuing discussions on how to keep the Rune Factory series going, despite Neverland, the original developers, no longer being around. Hopefully, something will come of that in the not too distant future, because Rune Factory 4 was the best-selling title in the series, I believe, and it's a series that's been growing and growing over the years. Marvelous knows fans are clamoring for a sequel and are looking for ways to make it happen.

Probably not, but it's the kind of game we need more of.

Natsume said it's going to be SNES style. This is an obvious and desperate response to Stardew Valley.

If its realistic then where is the literal 10/10 virgin goddess who will have nothing to do with me?
Checkmate, rektm8

No. A game that isn't made by an autistic fan over 5 years can't be as good as Stardew Valley

Didn't Marvelous re-hire the neverland guys after they got disbanded? Don't think it was ever game sales that killed the company, just some weird other shit.

I fucking want Rune Factory 5 goddamnit. Preferably on a console so it could be more graphical. The style of Oceans was great, too bad the actual farming was nonexistant and the overworld was shit.

>let me guess, 2015
>open article
>2015
But still why don't they try to just make a new one?

Someone please teach me how to code so I can make the perfect harvest moon game

Imagine old harvest moon only about six times more autistic

Marvelous absorbed the developers yeah.
But they haven't given them a new studio yet - Just used them on other stuff.

RF4 sold more than any other RF game but it ''flopped'' because Nintendo has fucking retarded 3DS policies which the DS did not have.

I read that new hope is going to have "clear cut goals" and a focus on story. Makes sense since new hope is essentially going back to their roots.

Most of HM games are pixel graphics, Stardew valley is pixel graphics.

Nothing really, you can finely play by just sleeping after you wake up.

But what keeps me going is just having a nice, cute, and comfy farm that gives me money.

The article is around a year and a half old. If they weren't even able to secure the means to make RF5 then, we should be a bit more patient. Good games take time to make. They are making it, right?

Go on

The director of RF also does HM and that's what he's been up to.

The RF team actually put out a game after the absorption. It was called Forbidden Magna and i was shit.

The most RF we've gotten since then has been the costumes in the latest SoS game.
RF definitely isn't dead despite what some people on here say. They are just uninformed parrots.

>source needed.

>Marvelous Producer Yoshifumi Hashimoto, known for his works in the Rune Factory, Story of Seasons [formerly Harvest Moon], and Luminous Arc series revealed that he has several titles in the works.

From 2016

So there's going to be a time limit? I'd be okay with that, I partly think the games went to shit because there isn't an ultimatum or way of failing.

What? How did it flop then?

>Nintendo DS is cheap and Nintendo is handing out free dev kits
>lots of third party games get made
>Nintendo sells a shitload of DS consoles and makes a lot of money

>3DS happens
>Nintendo think they can make devkits and platform licenses/fees ultra expensive because they are king of handheld
>developers like Neverland and imageepoch pay with their lifes

Neverland went under because of their poor business decisions with games that aren't RF.
See Lufia DS. That was a money sink for them. Even the great sales of the RF series couldn't help them.

>Natsume
Get fucked.

>no involvement with the old devs so the series
Not true. Natsume's president is the only remaining original member of the BokuMono dev team, while Marvelous has no involvement with the old devs at all.

The reason why people play Stardew over Harvest Moon isn't because Stardew is the only one on PC. It's because Harvest Moon has sucked shit for over a decade. The entire reason why Stardew exists is because Eric Barone was tired of playing shitty Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games every year.

Is it okay to say your game is 20 years old when you've only been developing it for 3 years?

And then Trio of Towns released and is literally the best game since Friends of Mineral Town.

>Natsume releases Harvest Moon 64 on the Wii U Virtual Console.
>After the Switch has already released.

I'm the odd one out because having played BTN and FoMT I actually find the latter inferior.

>Harvest Moon after name adquiral
>Kill Stardew Valley

If you're still eager to know, the answer is no

>after name adquiral
user, Natsume always owned the Harvest Moon name.

Imageepoch developed for several platforms. They went under simply because they weren't that good at making games.