Is it true that South Americans grew up with Sega instead of Nintendo?

Is it true that South Americans grew up with Sega instead of Nintendo?

Nah. I grew up playing Mario and Zelda. (Playing Viewtiful Joe on the Gamecube was the shit)

yes but by the fifth generation everyone got a ps1 or a pc

they grew up with aids and 60 iq

>Sega instead of Nintendo

You realize were on an underage board? Most people here grew up with Microsoft and Sony

No, we grew up with Sony.

No, everyone grew up with Counter Strike and F2P MMOs.

More of a Sony continent, simply because you could burn cds and play them. Even then I'm sure most couldn't afford a console in the first place.

This is true just for Brazilians, some of the major SEGA sales and profit came from there during the 90's

naa we play RTS them RTS die and then 2001 happen

no, we grow up with snes then playstation

First game was sonic(genesis)
Grew up with the ps1 and ps2
But I prefer nintendo games

Yep. There were Chinese NES knockoffs and 99999999999 in 1 cartedriges everywhere though. None of those included The Legend Of Zelda. I didn't know about its popularity until Twilight Princess.

es hora ?

Yep. That's the reason cucks are not common here. Unlike US or Europe.

yes,In my region Sega used to be much more popular than nintendo in the 90's

well mods let 2 (two) dangerously autistic threads to hit bump limit today, so maybe.

>There are Mega Drivefags on Sup Forums right now
lmaoing at your childhood.

Brazil was one of the countries where SEGA got in hard, even before the Genesis. master System was a huge success there and it spew the brand to other nations.

I'm argentinian and me and all my firend s had a Genesis or a clone machine (there were LOTS of clones, some of them even multi-region). I can assure you only rich kids had a SNES or a NES (NES not being PAL was a rarity). Also, there were no pirated SNES around and it was very expensive.

So yeah. Genesis was WAY bigger than the SNES back in my day. Then Playstation came and kicked the board across.

Both marketed in South America, but Sega decided to give the rights to a local company in order to produce games in Brazil. It's how they are still selling Sega Genesis down there. Most other companies have mostly given up, although apparently Xbox is still popular.

playstation is popular

>That's the reason cucks are not common here
>huehue's aren't as bad/worse than cucks
Huh.

I grew with nintendo, my best friend had a genesis
then we both got a playstation

Not really. I'm BR and always had Nintendo/Sony consoles from childhood but never a Sega console.

How true is this:

Older siblings played the N64
Younger siblings played the Sega
Only children had the PS1

I'm an only child and had all 3.

So, as expected, your post is BS.

You're only one person. I want a larger sample size.

Nobody I knew had a N64, people simply jumped from their NES/SNES or other to a PS1

segas were made in Brazil at piss poor prices but there's also shitloads of chinese famicom clones also absurdly cheap.Most people who were born in the 90s and early 2000s still have famicoms as their first console if they were low or mid class.

Argentina
Bootleg Famicon and Sega Genesis

So what I'm getting from this thread is that most HueHues are Sonyroaches?

That actually explains a lot...

Peru here, can confirm

South americans don't grow up. They die by the age of 19

Everyone that I grew up with from South America is still alive

For what I've read and heard, some countries like Chile, Colombia and Mexico (not really south america but you get the point) were more Nintendo dominant in the 90's while the rest were more Sega territory.
I'm from Chile and had no idea what a Genesis was until I played Sonic 2 on an emulator, but played a ton of games in both NES and SNES.

I grew up with PS, Sega, a computer, a Game Boy Color and bootleg Famicoms.
My father bought me a N64, but that shit didn't have a lot of games.

Don't lie, I have 19 and I am fi

>have 19

"Soy 19"

I grew up with Nintendo but nearly all of my friends had Sony consoles, and other two who had Sega.

Nope. Grew up with the SNES and I considered the Mega Drjve inferior but Sonic and Streets of Rage were good.

Slav here, also we are grew up with sega as 5 gen console.
Snes was hard to find and was expensive as fuck. I do not regret it. Megadrive had amazing games.
And most important games(i.e. real 3rd party games, not *bling*WAHOO-shit) were ported to other consoles like ps1.

General system cycle for cykas is:
dendi(chink nes clone)>sega megadrive>ps1>pc. Most of us stayed as pc gamers.

>and now slavs fill up all f2p shit on PC
Ending the cold war was a mistake

Huehue here

I started with a Master System.
then got a N64, traded for a PS1, got a PS2, a Wii, PS3 and now a PS4

The PS1 and the PS2 was super easy to crack and play pirate games on it, so it was a lot cheaper than getting a NGC

But I bet the ridiculously expensive PS3 sold amazingly there right?

That's what you get for playing f2p shit. It's we in yorope servers or brs in murrican servers.
Games with sub and normal expensive games don't have that problem. Even if you meet russian here it will be most likely adult that speaks english, not your average angry dota/csgo kid.