Is this worth buying today? I really don't like Injustice 2 gameplay but really want a good fighting game

Is this worth buying today? I really don't like Injustice 2 gameplay but really want a good fighting game.

All the season 1 and 2 content plus the game comes at about 60$ on PC and if it really offers a lot of content it may be a good buy for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CoreAGaming/status/862932238945599488
twitter.com/WTHamad/status/862880304465416192
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's pretty solid. Most people were complaining about the online, but I haven't had any issues. You just have to search exclusively for people with 4-5 bar connections. Plus if you're just getting into fighting games, it's much more accessible than previous entries into the series.
If you prefer 3d fighting over 2d, you should probably just wait for Tekken though.

Sup Forums isn't the place to ask this question.

In case this is a serious thread, I'd recommend Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator instead. SFV has an easier learning curve and a greater number of new players, but it has shit tutorials and the gameplay is ultimately bad. If you're just looking for single player modes, MK9 or MKX would be better purchases.

Counter to this I would recommend getting SFV over Guilty Gear, nobody plays Guilty Gear and fighting games are meant to be played against human opponents :P

When it came out, Street Fighter 5 was definitely a game that should've been delayed by about 8 months, so now that more than 8 months have passed I'd say it's a pretty solid game. Injustice 2 probably has more to offer someone who just wants to play single player, though.

I tried GG at a friends house it seems fun but the artstyle is not my thing.

I've had my fill with MK9, MK XL on the other hand is pretty chep as well and I've played X a little to know the gameplay is really good. Maybe I should buy that one instead.

Listen user there's gonna be a bunch of ham and eggers telling you to buy Guilty Gear and KoF but here's the scoop.

Wait till Tekken comes out and buy that since it's the only fighting game franchise besides Street Fighter that people actually play and don't just pretend they do.

If you want a "really good fighting game" you wont find it with SFV. You'll develop really bad habits because very few skills learned in SFV are transferable to other fighting games. Unless you enjoy strictly an easy offensive/brawler type fighter, pass on SFV.

>really want a good fighting game

You should probably stay away from this then, lol.

If you're not a fan of Injustass, maybe your best bet is to just wait for MVC Infinite or Tekken 0

>spending money on a rootkit
lmao

Man I've had better success finding people to play in Guilty Gear than I have in SFV, despite playing on the less active platform (PC). You're right that the overall number of players is lower.

To be honest with you, NRS games are not good competitive fighting games. I wouldn't recommend buying them if you want a fun, balanced game to play versus human opponents.

If you're really not a fan of the Guilty Gear art style and are new to fighting games, then SFV is an alright choice. I'd recommend it over MKX if you're planning to fight humans, anyways.

SFV is fine if you're a beginner and don't have knowledge of basic fundamentals.

If you know ANYTHING about what you're doing, get GG or wait for T7

no, its the worst fighting game in the past 10 years, bought it from g2a for 20$ cause i was doubting its gonna be worth 60$ and i still regret buying it, even if they payed me 60$ I still wouldnt play this piece of shit

Don't bother with fighting games. All the current ones are terrible. Injustice is completely awful, SFV is a virus basically. Tekken 7 may be ok but probably not who even likes Tekken anyways? All anime games are dead after a week and you have to spend 6 hours in a discord chat filled with autists to get a match that will probably be laggy as hell and unplayable.

Lol at how you replied to him just to shit on NRS games

NRS hate is almost as bad as capcom

You'll get nothing but split responses here which might make it difficult to decide. Ultimately, as shit as this advice is, all I can say really is give it a try and see how you feel. If you can get a decent price for it or even try and refund it on Steam then go for it. Personally I really enjoy it and would say I got my moneys worth. Just don't expect a solid singleplayer experience.

The game desperately needs more characters. If you don't already have SFV I would recommend waiting until a few more seasons have passed which will take a few years thanks to capcom's incompetence.

Don't bother with shooting games. All the current ones are terrible. Battlefield is completely awful, Destiny is a virus basically. Battlefront 2 may be ok but probably not who even like Battlefront anyways? All COD games are dead after a week and you have to spend 6 hours in a discord chat filled with autists to get a match that will probably be lagy as hell and unplayable

It was like 7 years ago. Not anymore.

no arcade[\spoiler]

survival mode is exactly the same as arcade why do people keep complaining about this

>implying anime games and COD are on the same level

Why do I never see recommendations for Killer Instinct in these kinds of threads? I don't play it myself, but it seems like a fun alternative.

character designs are kinda lame and generic honestly
couldn't get into it at all

But thats also correct.

>Haven't had any issues
get a lot of this shill
twitter.com/CoreAGaming/status/862932238945599488

No its fucking not.
You have to spend 20 minutes fighting retarded cpu's until they start putting up a fight and if you lose guess what? You have to start from the beginning again.
SFV needs an actual arcade mode like SF4 and previous entries.

Nope. SFV is trash wioth no signs of improving. You can learn fundamentals in literally any other fighting game.

Might as well hold out until Tekken 7 or MvC Infinite if you don't like Injustice 2

That's just regular lag you get in every game. That's why you search for people with good connections.

I think the gameplay feels too easy most of the time. You should still have a bit of a time learning your character but ultimately you could do so quickly. First character I tried was Guile. Super e z to play as but fun with the couple different ways you can launch projectiles. I tried Akuma who appears to be a more traditional fightan character. His commands are comprised of half circles & what not at least. Again, e z to play. Maybe I'm just used to the way fightan is set up now but MKX felt way harder to learn & on the surface it looks a lot easier.

The only fighting game I'd recommend would be Melee. The learning curve is enormous & the community won't let the game die. Though, species are the only chars truly worth it, there are plenty of viable picks (Shiek, Peach, Samus, C. Falcon, IC, & so on) It's a blast to watch too.

But to answer your question, I'd say it's worth it unless $60 is all of your entertainment budget for the month. Something feels wrong with the game. The story modes are fucking horrendous as well. Don't even download the free story. You don't get any chievos & it is so shockingly bad. It still looks like top dog. Looks. The gameplay isn't horrible tho.

You stupid nigger, I get better connections to brasil on fightcade than this piece of shit copy pasted sf x tekken netcode.

It's literally the same shitty netcode

I played it a lot during the two betas, it feels really simplified compared to USFIV but still good. I couldn't imagine spending much money on it if I got it and if I owned it outright I couldn't imagine playing it often without getting really stale.

>character designs are kinda lame and generic
Compared to what? Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat? These games are like the generic fighters trinity.

Why are you so angry? I only said I hadn't experienced any issues. I didn't say other people haven't had issues. I am using a wired high speed connection though so that might be why.

Because it's dead.

Like not even on life support but just literally dead.

It's alright. There's some issues but it's not the unplayable mess shitposters make it out to be, you can probably get it for like 20 burgers on cdkeys

nash is a viable character right

Definitely. He's not obscene anymore like he was season one but he's definitely not bad

twitter.com/WTHamad/status/862880304465416192
SFV netcode is some next level shit.

Lots of fun learning different characters.

Wait, only one player experiences the fucking teleports? Holy shit, I feel a new sympathy for the poor fuckers I've beaten in this game thinking I had giving them a fair match.

How do I get good with Kolin? Her normals are shit.

Stop playing unga bunga with her. Take calculated risks, use her command dash to create and close gaps. You are going to need to lab a bit until you find the spacing that works best for her in against different matchups (hint: It's always the space where you can discourage dash-ins with cr.mk without getting your shit pushed in). If you let your opponent dash in on you then may god have mercy on your scrubass.