Is this the biggest commercial flop in gaming?

Is this the biggest commercial flop in gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_failures_in_video_gaming
youtube.com/watch?v=xTqhyHuKVKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not the Virtual Boy or the Ouya, so no.

We're not even at the actual release phase. The first year is all about generating demand through artificial scarcity. We'll know by next year this time if it's a flop. The people who bought a switch at launch are also the kind of people who would buy a virtual boy at launch. They aren't really a gauge for the market as a whole.

it far exceeded Nintendo's expectations, lackluster games are selling like hotcakes, and Ninty can't even keep up with current demand.

it's funny how desperate Sonybros are to shitpost about it tho.

Oh shit, the Ouya. What happened to that thing?

It's kind of hard for it to be a commercial flop when success is measured by selling more than the Wii U.

Seriously, that's its expectation. In reality this thing is a flop at anything less than 80-90 million units since this is now a combination of Nintendo's home and portable market.

this

Nintendo is purposely not meeting current demands, shipping consoles out weekly. the "real" release is going to be this holiday. Nintendo desperately wants the Switch to be the tickle me elmo this year.

I'll just want for the Switch XL

It was discontinued in late July of 2015, after Ouya Inc. was sold to Razer, in order to pay back investors.

It's a complete failure, glad I didn't buy one. I'll enjoy playing Bloodborne on my ps4 thank you very much.

This. This shit is the key detail that nintendies are ignoring.

Watch them ignore it anyway lolz

>lolz
I cant imagine why people ignore your posts

>sold out of stores all over the place
>sold far more than the WiiU did at this point in its lifespan
>projected to outsell the Scorpio and Neo
>lel it's a flop guys xd

Goddamnit neo Sup Forums.

Bruh, let me tell you something. This thing is selling hard and it really only has Zelda as it's killer app currently. Do you know how much harder it will sell once Mario Odyssey and Pokemon Stars comes out?

This console may not hit Wii levels of sales, but it will definitely get close.

Where is this weird notion coming from that it's a flop?

It's selling like hotcakes and it's not even mid year yet. Can you imagine this holiday? When they actually start marketing it? With actual fucking bundles?

Fucking hell. The only thing it will have to compete with is the Scorpio and that will be way overpriced and not for kids.

They're going to have a heyday with this thing sales wise. Then once the sales take off some third parties will finally come crawling to it.

After the blunder that was the Wii U this one is shaping up to be brilliant.

What is Neo?

Imagine the sales in Japan once Splatoon 2 is out.

Did not buy a virtual boy, did not buy Wii u. I did buy a switch. Very happy with it so far.

I want one. I waannttt onneeee.

See It's not going to make it.

We're not even close to the holiday season yet though. We have no idea how well this thing could possibly sell by then with a proper ad campaign and word of mouth.

Nobody knew what the Wii U was. Most thought it was an overpriced addon for the Wii. This thing has nothing but potential.

Shortages will continue for months over there.

Like a million? I mean it's not actually all that popular in the grand scheme.

And I suspect paid online is going to eat into it's longevity hard.

Third parties are not going to jump in at this point regardless of the sales. Sales of a Nintendo platform don't matter to 3rd parties. Wii 3rd party was shit. DS third party outside of Japan as shit, 3DS third party support was shit.

It's never happening. Buy a Playstation...or build a PC if you want 3rd party games.

Close, 60 million is the success barrier for consoles. Only two Nintendo consoles to get there have been the NES and Wii.

Switch won't make it, and drones will ignore this fact when it fails to perform at that level.

What did Nintendo mean by this?

WiiU holds that tittle. Despite having strong support it completely bombed. Virtual boy was unplayable. WiU was just not wanted by anyone

but the success of the ps and xbox is for their 3rd parties alone.

The shitposters aren't even mentioning the actual sales numbers anymore because they know it destroys any nareative trying to paint Switch as a failure. This is gonna be a fun year.

how come when i go to the store to check out the switch there's only like 4 games worth getting, and two of those i've already played?

is there literally any reason to get one before january?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_failures_in_video_gaming

No.

Remains to be seen if it can keep its current pace though.

hello, underage!

I love it and all but I'm actually surprised the Vita isn't on that list.

Yes, don't believe nintenbro lies

youtube.com/watch?v=xTqhyHuKVKA

>Yes

And I'm Capting Bosh Von Ronsenburger .

Stop lying Nintenbro

Btfo.

>lolz

I want 9 year olds to leave

>artificial scarcity
You're an idiot.

Splatoon basically kept the Wii U alive in Japan single-handedly for a year and a half. Splatoon is BIG in Japan.

>S-stop bringing up facts, idiot

Are you 5 years old OP? That's the only thing I'll accept as valid for you having no perspective. Either that or bait troll post.

How is it artificial scarcity if it's only selling 10% slower than the PS4 did, as of our last available data point? And during March instead of during the holidays?

Furthermore, how does it make sense for them to do artificial scarcity bullshit on something that sells large numbers of highly profitable games and accessories?

And how does the artificial scarcity theory square with the fact that they shipped in units using air freight, which is very expensive?

>artificial scarcity of a product Nintendo rushed to market to get out before the end of the fiscal year
The fury of their shareholders would blot out the sun. There can't be anyone who seriously believes this, right?

We already know the meme is bullshit because you don't go around creating artificial scarcity while burning money shipping the things via airmail. He's just a typical faggot shitposter.