I love when some dickhead said in a company: "Heyyy...

I love when some dickhead said in a company: "Heyyy, let´s do a tatic rpg with a licensing with NO FUCKING EXPERIENCE IN TATIC RPGS" and they do a shit as big as Taj Mahal.

Atsuro is best bro

Characters and plot are okey, may not as good as other Shin Megami Tensei, but it´s acceptable, the problems come with the stages, they are not tactic, I mean, there´s no place to think in differents strategies, is like a plain and you move the characters, in Fire Emblem there ere mountains, rivers, places that make you think about your next move, in this game you are just playing chess but without thinking in the risk.

Felt like I was the only one that didn't like it.

>NO FUCKING EXPERIENCE IN TACTIC RPGS
Majin Tensei exists user.

Jesus Christ Pablo, learn to speak english.

my mistake, I didn´t know it. I haven´t played it, but whet I wanted to say is that the stages are empty.

I love these games

>NO FUCKING EXPERIENCE IN TACTIC RPGS

The people that worked on Growlanser were merged into Atlus and they're the ones that worked on DeSu

Okay I'll bite
>FE
>move to enemy unit
>hope the RNG doesn't fuck you over
>repeat until you finish the game

>tactic

Ay my compadre, that´s because I´m really busy eating aella and dancing flamenco (you are right, I´m from spain, not my mother language, sorry if I don´t explain myself really well)

Joto

The Devil Survivor games aren't perfect, but they're still better than Shitgaea, Fire Emblem Awakening/Birthright, Stella Blow and the vast majority of other jap srpgs to come out since 2009.

And Atlus didn't make them. They were made for Atlus by CareerSoft, the makers of Langrisser and Growlanser.

ok i'll bite

the tactics in Fire Emblem is about manipulating the RNG to your favour by taking advantage of the enemy's movements and varied terrain.

Seconded

Lets not pretend that Stella Glow was good enough to be listed at all

I'm not sure how to read your post OP but I actually really enjoyed DeSu

It was my first SMT game, a little tough but generally fun and balanced when you get the hang of it

Only other SMT spin off I like is Persona. Hate mainline, didn't like DS Soul Hackers. Haven't tried other Summoner or DDS games

SMT is just weird

>where's muh chokepoints

It's about different kind of tactics.

>DeSu doesn't have terrain

You either didn't play them or are really fucking retarded.

Of course there isn't going to be a fucking mountain or stream blocking your path in a subway or urban park. That's why they made use of things like walls, debris, stairs leading to different levels of the stage, etc. DeSu stages are not just open spaces. Most Fire Emblem games don't even have good maps. Out of the modern games, Conquest is the only one that doesn't have shit maps.

And there's no such thing as manipulating RNG, unless you're a savescummer.

Does this resemble the man who molested you? I know this is hard for you to remember, but you have to understand it's the only way we can catch him.

This is what i mean, FE right, SMT-DS left, in one you can difference war zones, some points to defend and that makes you think in your next move, in the other one the stage is empty and you just move everywhere.

DDS games are the closest SMT comes to being standard jrpgs. The original Devil Summoner is like Soul Hackers, so you probably won't like it. The PS2 Devil Summoners are arpgs with combat kinda like Tales games, but they have arguably the coolest setting and among the best plots in the franchise.

Fucking stage obstacles are not a make-or-break factor in a TRPG, evident by how if you can't strategize for shit then Devil Survivor is one of the hardest TRPGs on the market despite not having muh mountains or whatever.

Why do you hate mainline?

Urban zones is not a excuse to make a stage that put a challenge to you

Everyone knows what you meant.
It's also retarded since once could easily argue that having a free, open stage where your enemies are as easily exposed to you as you are to them requires a fuckton more strategy than having obstacles to cover your ass behind.

>Local demon gets beat to death with Christmas Decoration

What?

>ensuring you get 100% hit rate and the enemy gets as low as it can isn't manipulating RNG

I don't even know shit about DeSu I just saw your dumb ass talking shit about FE while I was browsing

It´s not the main point, sure, but it makes it feel more realistic.

Tokyo is being destroyed by demons and there are no places to run or hide and you have to face them head on or get killed.

Here's your realism in a game about summoning vagina monsters from a DS.

Well, I´ll try to explain this for dickheads, If a fucking orde of ogres/zombies/idiots/whatever comes to fight you, and you and your dummy friends, becouse of LSD, move by turns, It´s not the same have several points to defend, gather, or something than fight in the middle of a street with no places to take adventages or make it interesting.

Desus difficulty comes from the objectives you have to complete and countering what the level laid out for you. Fire emblem is easily solved with "turtling" where as you can get overwhelmed on certain leves trying that shit in desu. You also need to switch up your demons constantly since you need certain mobility or extra power on certain maps. I don't get that feeling in fire emblem since theres typically ~5 units that are so good you don't need anyone else. They're both good games but I hestitate to call one more strategically demanding than the other

>cherry picking examples

Kek. Tons of DeSu stages aren't open. Like the cemetery.

It´s not incompatible.

>Devil Survivor is one of the hardest TRPGs
Not even close unless by "can't strategize" you mean "can't open the fusion menu"

I enjoyed them but they're extremely easy and shallow. Encountering any obstacle basically just means fuse a better demon or grind a free battle. The battles are just something you cruise through between events and demon diddling.

Because you are taking out the factor of strategy, you just are moving in the stage with the propouse of killing something, but you don´t feel secure or exposed, you are just there moving by turns.

how about dem tits tho

DEM tits

>arguing with people who think FE are good srpgs

Don't bother Anons. This is a fanbase that celebrates 4, 5 and 9 in spite of the fact that 4 and 9 are so piss easy they shouldn't even count as srpgs, while 5 has some of the worst maps in genre history. Meanwhile they hate 10 and Conquest because "muh story" even though 10 and Conquest have the strongest gameplay in the series. They're casuals of the worst kind. Remember most of them are just Smashbabbies.

Not every stage is a route map

>grinding in SMT
I don't have an anime girl smug enough for this

>no experience in tactical rpgs
Atlus is one of the oldest jrpg developers out there. I am sure they would know more about tactics than you. Another thing, it wasn't Atlus who took care of development. They just supervise it while Career soft did the rest of the work. They have been doing tactical rpgs since 1996? If you read the dev blogs and the intentions with devil survivor you would understand that it was never meant to be super tactical but instead be a more accessible entry in the SMT series. Also most of the focus went to demons which is where most of the work is at. Cracking the right skills and making sure your demons are up to the task is the key. I bet you are one of those dudes who got butt blasted because they couldn't beat wendigo lol

Langrisser x SMT when?

Imperials a shit.

Shining Force > Fire Emblem, tbqh

Honestly I don't understand how people like this game, and I especially don't understand how they could call it their favorite SMT (it's not even a true SMT game). Everything about it is either mediocre or bad.

>grind a free battle

Check this scrublord. You should go play persona on easy mode like a baby casual you are.

Hopefully never at this point. Did you play the 3DS Langrisser? I'm pretty sure it killed my soul.

SF/Langrisser/Front Mission > FE

I've only ever played Der Langrisser which kicks ass. Your experience basically confirms what I've heard, that everything after that blows.

No man, Der is only Langrisser 2 (a port of it). Langrisser 3-5 are still good.

Honest question. What makes Shining Force so good? I've only played bits of the first one.

My cousin swears by it but he tells me that the 2nd one is the one you have to play

eat a fart

suck a dick

DeSu focuses more on the 'battles' you have with your demons, which makes sense as the parent series deals more with actual fighting than FE's method of cutscenes and RNG.

And no terrain and thinking about your next move? Bullshit. In DeSu you have enemies with ridiculous range, teleporting, demon spawners, and the like. That's what makes it interesting. Note that when the game DOES have terrain (read: Jezebel fight) it turns into a shitshow. Fuck off.

with pleasure

I already played Stella Glow.

FE is actually a boring and shallow shit fest.
It would never sell because of it's "gameplay" alone.
We all know that only waifufags fap to this pile of shit nowadays.

Anybody got that infographic on the SMT games where it tells you what they're like and describes the difficulty?

Was thinking of playing another SMT game, not sure whether to play Raidou, Digital Devil Saga or Nocturne. My only experience with SMT is Persona 3, 4 and 5.

what does stella glow have to do with eating farts, I must know

Disgaea isn't that bad. It atleast tries to be creative, unlike FE which you mentioned alongside it.

just play nocturne on hard. If you don't like it, then stick to your waifu poop

Why not play Persona 2? Then just move to nocturne.

Langrisser and Growlanser are my favourite series

God that fucking battle on in the 4th day is fucking bullshit.

Basically it had nice graphics, was one of the only TRPG series available in the west at the time, and some people really really like centaurs for some reason.

>Disgaea isn't that bad

It's the same tier of casual garbage as FE13/14B and Stella Glow. Disgaea is mechanically even more braindead than FE, which is an accomplishment, and the "maps" in that franchise are pure trash, some of the blandest srpg maps ever. If it didn't have gross moeblob animu art, le zany humor and muh big numbers, no one would care. Same can be said of most Nignog Itchy srpgs. ZHP is ok though.

Amane is the cutest

Der Langrisser is great but many people prefer Langrisser II's maps, music and gameplay despite only having one route. Langrisser IV is the peak of the series and Langrisser V is also quite fun.

Thank you

Agreed. DeSu2 is better

>but many people prefer Langrisser II's maps, music and gameplay

Yup. Der would have been perfect if it hadn't been a downgrade in every way except plot. Still pretty shocking that a port from MD to SNES somehow managed to even have worse music.

It's not like Der Langrisser's music is bad, the mega drive version's music is just amazing.
Speaking of which, although it's a terrible game overall the 3ds Langrisser game has some god-tier remixes of Langrisser II tracks.

I love her change in personality
Gives me a boner

What's wrong with FE5 exactly?
What SRPGs are good?

The maps are fucking insanely huge for no reason without any sort of legitimate tactical design theory and the objectives are just braindead route/throne over and over while the shit AI sits on its ass waiting for you. They're just boring, unfun, non-tactical maps.

Langrisser IV, Shining Force II, Front Mission 2, Dark Wizard.

Maybe i should start a second playtrhough

DeSu is the best SRPG on both the DS and 3DS.

>not your 7th
Sometimes a game is so good that you have to buy a remake and its sequel and its sequel's remake even after beating the original five times.

Io

It's true but it's also not saying much. Which makes me sad.

is a dumb cunny.

>bait

Another Bible, also.

Did dwmon route last time, time to become gods bitch now i guess

Are you thinking of the right game? This is FE5. Turtling is strong but there aren't any 'rout' maps and most maps have some sort of unique objective.

Langrisser IV and Front Mission 2 are some of my favourite SRPGs but Shining Force II is among my least favourite. There were a couple decent maps but the vast majority is bland and non-tactical. The gameplay mechanics are also rather poor due to the RNG reliance and the balancing, the gameplay is needlessly slow, and the worst part is the writing.
Is Dark Wizard similar to SF2 at all or is it more like the other games you mentioned?

How good is Desu 2? I heard it had better gameplay but a more retarded story.

Pretty much exactly that, yes. So it's better.

Dark Wizard is a hex grid game and I would say feels more like Brigandine. If that doesn't help, watch a gameplay video. It's a very good srpg.

The game is more light hearted and the characters are a bit more tropey. The gameplay is similar to overclocked except demon abilities evolve later on so you get some crazy strong abilities, making demon choices even more important. As for whether or not it's better or worse, I dunno. I like the atmosphere and the characters overall in the first one more but the second one is still good.

>tfw having a hard time without having even met the Bels yet
Am I doomed to being a casual?

The retarded story is a plus.

I WANNA SNIFF YUZU'S SMELLY TITS

*ARMPITS

FUSE NIGGA
also I bet you haven't even done a hard battle. Do one asap you can level up at least 2 levels from them not to say get some good amount of macca. Also here is a tip try to compliment what the team leader lacks. For example equip yuzu with a demon that has pretty good STR and of course also one with with good magic. Make sure you crack magic skills for her. For atsuro do the same thing except the opposite. How you want to be your hero is up to you. By the third day you should have a good team and a good selection of demons.
That is actually a plus
The MC is the definition of autismo

One job

Autism bunny had the best dialogue choices. Joker seems to be challenging him though.

>nice cloak
That's legit something he would say.