Stop being nice

Stop being nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nx6_gdBqWZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop being mean.

I will consider what you have said.

She wasn't teaching you to be a saint or an asshole, she was teaching you to be pragmatic.
Don't do goody things if there's no benefit (be it short or long term) in it for you and don't do bad things simply to twirl a mustache, but out of necessity if the situation requires it.

[influence with kreia intensifies]

>there's no benefit
The benefit is that I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Fuck you bitch.

>The benefit is that I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Which evaporates as quickly as it appeared.
As cynnical as it may be, it's better to be polite only when it benefits you, even exclusively in the long term.

>Don't be nice
>Don't be mean
>Apathy is death!!!

she is bitchy whatever happens user

That's fine, as long as you acknowledge that you're doing it for a selfish reasons and aren't particularly concerned with the consequences of your actions.

Her point is to make you understand your actions you goddamn retard. You're looking at it from a meta-game perspective, when you should be roleplaying instead. She simply wants you to be aware of your own actions and consequences and that you aren't a monkey driven by instincts, and if possible, shape you into a person she never could be.

>Which evaporates as quickly as it appeared.
Much like life itself.

>Much like life itself.
Only in the grand scale of things, not in human perception. The warm fuzzy feeling you get from doing good for the sake of good like a moralfag literally evaporates within seconds of human perception.

Fuck off i do what i want

Maybe if you're a sociopath.

>Maybe if you're a sociopath.
Better than being a moralfag like you.

Its easier to understand her if you listen to her and begin to understand exactly how the Force works. Everything is connected spiritually, through a weave that you can tap into directly. Thus it is important that you are careful and know what you're doing, as everything you do changes the weave around you, she's teaching you how to manipulate people and the Force within them so that it benefits you.

>and begin to understand exactly how the Force works.
no one even knows exactly what the force is, much less how it works.

Not completely, but you can begin to understand that in the Force there are ways to manipulate the whole through weak points. She tells you not to do anything carelessly so as not to squander an opportunity to quickly and easily reach your goal. She doesn't want you to kill people for no reason, and she doesn't want you to be charitable for the sake of it. Never do anything that doesn't stand to benefit you. In the lore there are detectable weaknesses which are called shatter-points, and the window of opportunity to influence events in this way is short-lived. She's teaching you this technique so that you might reach your goals more effectively, goals which she hopes to make align with hers.

A FUCKING TREE
A FUCKING TREE
A FUCKING TREE WITH A GOD DAMN CAIN AND ABEL BACKSTORY WHERE THE PURE GOOD JEDI GIRL IS KILLED BY HER EVIL JEALOUS SITH BROTHER

Revan understood snacks.

I will become a pretzel.

Her point is that strict adherence to ideology causes one to focus heavily on moment to moment actions rather than great outcomes, which is a problem because "good" actions don't always result in "good" outcomes.

Look no further than the Jedi: their downfall can be traced directly to their refusal to meet the Mandalorian threat. If they'd focused on their ultimate objective of galactic peace and acted decisively in eliminating the Mandalorians, Revan's hand wouldn't have been forced and none of the events that lead to the Civil War would have happened. Instead they obsessed over their codes which prevented them from going to war, which not only lead to billions of unnecessary lost lives early in the war, but it fueled the schism that ultimately destroyed their order and strengthened the Sith.

That's Kreia's ultimate goal: for the Exile, somebody who is unbound by the Force's will and was capable of betraying their ideological code to take necessary action, to reform the Jedi into an order not restricted by ideology and free to act in a manner that will best serve the galaxy.

hows 7th grade going buddy?

you gettin' good grades?

I would pay a triple-figure sum of money to hear these lines read out by their VAs

Hell I'd spare £100 just to hear Cygan do "revan understood snacks"

>Cygan died literally today.

WHAT THE FUCK

Stop being neutral

Revan understood snacks

I don't give a heck what you say. I will not let someone suffer if I am able to prevent their suffering.

You know what they say, neutral people have the hottest seats in hell

Betrayal

Mistress?

Kreia was the writer's mouthpiece and the whole game was a criticism of the franchise. They thought the extreme black or white stance most people took with the Force was fucking retarded so encouraged players to straddle the line.

user...

>muh truth is in the middle
Because a guy who saves hundreds of innocent lives but is being smug and condescending about it is just as worse as murder psychos. T-thanks Kreia.

Fuck, now I have the itch to replay this. Do you fags know if there is some prepatched version around (restored content and yada yada)?

Pic for attention.

too bad they dont give you chances to straddle the line. You can either give a beggar money 4 different ways or tell them fuck off before i kill you.

It doesn't make sense as a grey jedi to say "Fuck off or Im gonna kill you". So either I go against my character's morals or I get bitched at by Kreia.

THe entire game was like that. They should give you neutral options if they're going to be cunts about you picking one of the two options they give you.

Instead they try to make you be a saint in certain circumstances and a flaming cunt for no reason in others in order to stay grey.

Both Kotors are bad.

we will never truly understand snacks after all

guess you can save your hundred monopoly money

lel before I played Kotor 2 some Sup Forumsirgins said here that it's the pinnacle of video game writing.

>instead of being good or evil, you can be be a mixture of them, omg so deep

please read a book other than harry potter

Well, compared to [current year] RPGs KotOR is fucking Dostoyevski.

>decide to be nice for once and give away a game on Sup Forums
>some faggot argentinian with anime avatar and over 1200 games takes it without even responding back or saying thank you

I will never be nice again

The point is to show you that your choices have consequences that you may not have forseen and may be unintended. Kreia wants you to to consider your options and think about the potential implications of your choices, and then she wants you to make a choice without regret.

>Scan Steam profiles before you gift things
>Avoid this problem

echoes

Yes I'm retarded. It was sent through email because I wanted to hurry

>giving shit out online to people you don't know
>not just giving a game or something to someone you actually know and being nice

You deserve it fampai.

Helping people more often then yourself is now considered foolish huh? Hope you find someone to help change that attitude, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nx6_gdBqWZI
Not the original VAs but it's something

bit ironic that the Exile winds up leaving the galaxy anyway, though I guess your followers do the work for you
>we will never get Canderous for KOTOR3 if they ever do it, or it will be some shit VA
REEEEEEEEEE

Are there any more games with Senseis, Teachers, or Masters who teach you pragmatism, following inner gut, gray-jedi, and being mindful of your actions instead of "BE GOOD!" "BE EBIL!"?

Call of Duty

Do you see now? Reckless altruism will only lead to eventual pain and disappointment. As for the receiver of the gift, you've only added to the trash heap of games they'll never play.

You need to consider your actions more carefully, for they echo across the universe in ways you may not understand.

Fuck I love Kreia. I always saw her as such a cunt but by the end you know. You learn. That the force isn't good or bad. That it should basically die and that it's all a power struggle that fucks everyone else.

>be nice
>"stop being nice"

>be mean
>"stop being mean"

Great writing obsidian

There isn't, and if you use steam workshop a bunch of your mods will conflict because they all edit the same file. The only way to do it right is to do it with TSLpatcher and manual downloads. It's fucking annoying but I don't know a way around it.

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

>It's fucking annoying
Indeed. Guess I'll do it tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

I feel the same way about Fallout NV right now, I want to play it again but I don't want to spend the time modding.

You're forgetting
>be neutral
>"you can't be neutral forever"

>Level 30
>Still can't get into the cave on Korriban because my alignment isn't good/evil enough
REEEEEEEEEEE