Do you still care, Sup Forums?

Do you still care, Sup Forums?

no

I never did, but I love how tortured the fanbase is

What angle could they take with the 3rd installment anyway?

They already launched Lamarr into space so there goes the main plot.

i probably wouldnt even play it, honestly

half life 3 is right in front of you user it's everywhere. the sequel you wait for it's actually here. It's the whole fps genre who's been shaped by the impact it had on the industry

yeah i do

No one does

I don't think Valve is even capable of making a single-player game anymore. Or at least a good one.

"Always"

- Snake, Lord of the Rings - 1977

Nah I've given up years ago.
Valve isn't even a game company anymore

I never did. HL2 was overrated as fuck. I quit playing after spending an hour playing boat simulator. Who thought that section was a good idea? The gun play was mediocre even when i did get to shoot things.

Yeah, but I’m not counting on it or spending any time thinking about it.

Kinda hoping it will just pop up in the Steam Store one day. No marketing, no advertisements, just a store page and a notification that comes up whenever you log in. It’s not like they need to tell people about it at this point.

honestly, at this point is too late to release anything. literally everyones forgotten about half life. the franchise is even less relevant than halo now, and thats saying something :/

yes, but they are going to release the HL movies first to gain attention

YES!

honestly no
everybody who matters is gone
it's been too long
it's upsetting but valve doesn't care so I don't care

the child is grown
the dream is gone

Yeah. I also know deep down that it's going to come out eventually

Always and forever. I don't give a shit if Valve have moved their focus. I still believe.

Not its current version, i want what it was supposed to be.

Judging just from the sheer ammount of rework and difference between the leaked versions and the released ones of both 1 and 2, as well as all the fact that plans of 4 episodes were laid out, if a HL3 or EP3 ever comes out, it will be nothing compared to what it woulnd have been (for good or bad).

Plus, i think most valve devs who worked in the HL2 era isnt working at them anymore.

>jar jar abrams

I do but not nearly as much as before
I first played Episode Two in my teens

HL3 is in development and it isn't a singleplayer game, it has 'Journey' or 'Souls' style pseudo-multiplayer

if he did a cloverleaf style FPS view from Gordon, it could work

no

HL2 has sold 14 million copies totalling about 300-500m in revenue. DOTA 2 has probably already made more than that, and it was nowhere near as hard to mak

>Valve isn't even a game company anymore
tru dat
Their golden age was 2004-2007(although they were still making some decent games up until early 2010s when they've stopped making videogames altogether)

I wish I could. I remember beating Episode 2 9 years ago and being super hyped to have the story all tied up. All the developer commentary giving little hints to Episode 3 got me hyped, even those little mentions in TF2. I've just became so disenchanted with Valve in recent years that I almost find it impossible to actually care anymore. I remember hearing the name VALVE and getting excited with friends to see what the news was.

I just want to go back.

It's not gonna happen.

But it would be nice if it did.

But it's not gonna happen.

HL3 will be another shity Bloodborne ripoff

/thread

that ENHANCEx100 picture of the icon in the VR room is the only thing that makes me think HL3 even exists.

I'd like to see a third game.

Of course it could never live up to it's astronomical hype, but that's not Valve's fault, it's the fans' fault.

I'd still like to see it continued. Even if it did nothing especially groundbreaking or revolutionary.

>implying I ever cared
The halflife series was boring as shit, the story sucked and the only good thing going for it was the engine.

As much as Valve does

June 12

Nuff said

what hype?

[citation needed]

kind of, but not really

a HL movie would be a flop

Is this nigga serious?

>implying
HL3 most likely won't be mentioned,let alone released by Valve this decade

I think Valve should just make an Episode 3 to tie up the loose ends and leave it at that

Really? Are you new to video games, or even the internet in general?

Nope

THIS
so much this
I want Half-Life 2:Episode Three over Half-Life 3
As promised..

he's right

the "hype" is just dumb people being dumb
there is no actual hype

OP, this is Sup Forums. The only thing anons care about here is dickgirls.

I care. Please kill me.

Never cared about Half Life because the game is an eyesore and Kitty0706 effectively transformed all Valve characters into memes.

i want L4D3 desu

I forgot the series existed till i saw this thread

I'd rather have a Portal 3 but I think valve lost all the good writers

Why would they still have any writers. I think everyone is gone

none of those games are ever coming out

Yes and no?
I don't expect a new game that lives up to the hype, a game to be as big a revolution as the first two were.
But I do still want to see the ending to the story damnit.

It never was tho

>Play through Half life 1. A little dated but still have fun.

>Play Half life 2. Fun game but always makes me nauseous. Can't beat it because of that sole reason.
Same thing with Portal. What the fuck is going on? Something about the movement

Probably Source engine. That or those Havoc Spaz moments.

i really just want the same thing half life 2 was.

dont want vr or sandbox or some other whacky shit.

just want a nice little conclusion.

I'm with that user.

HL3 missed its boat by over a decade. Valve knows this which is why they quietly scrapped it when they realized that FPS market moved onto COD-archetype cancer. DNF's polarizing reception was the final nail in the HL3 coffin. Valve is only keeping "HL3" around as a punchline to an inside joke.

Yeah. There's some small background hope. I periodically check in on it and it's still there. It doesn't hinder or influence what I do, but it's still there, waiting.

At this point I would just like a book with rest of the story, because I am sure we all agree that leaving things as it were at the end of EP2 is fucked up.
Too bad all their real writers already left.

It wouldn't live up to the hype.

I just want a new single player valve game, it doesn't have to be HL3.

epic xD

No, because the half life games were never anything more than good anyway

>Jew Jew Abrams
Look at the ass on his nose.

My dad is a gay asian prostitute at the brothel gabe goes to. He told me the blue box is coming out this year with l4d3, portal 3 and hl3. Also whenever he comes here he always insists on banging this 300lb 18 year old girl.

There will be at least one single-player Valve game released within a year.

It won't be HL3, It'll be VR.

Change fov value to 90 or smth in console