How much can we expect Switch to sell in Japan?

It currently surpassed Wii U's sales WoW and the latter was released during the holidays. But it's still behind the 3DS WoW and 3DS's sales skyrocked after the price drop, so that's not a good sign. I think it will probably do better than the Wii when all is said and done, but won't be even close to 3DS's total numbers, unless they do a much cheaper version for something like $150~$170, which seems to be impossible with current tech. Around 15 million in Japan is my guess. What's yours?

For comparison, during week 10, 3DS was at 948.546 and Switch is now at 825.163.

More than Wii U, less than 3DS.

>More than Wii U
But that's obvious.

Probably 70% of 3DS'.

Its not overtaking 3DS despite 3DS's very slow initial sales. Notice how the sales spiked up significantly after the price drop?

Ultimately consoles are a dying market and the sales trend shows.

>It currently surpassed Wii U's sales WoW
What does WoW mean?

Probably a typo for YoY, which would be year over year?

WoW is on PC, not 3DS and Switch. I doubt the cartridges are even large enough to hold the whole of Azeroth.

It's also significant that right now, the Switch has a 100% sellthrough and a stock shortage. Most consoles level out fairly quickly after launch, but the Switch is still climbing, because would-be launch customers are still trying to find one to buy. I'd hold any predictions until we see what happens when there's a proper supply of Switch hardware.

its tailing only 1 week behind 3DS and at the current rate it will over take it anyway. also 3DS didnt have stock issues as I remember.

ITS A BIRD HEAD!

>Japanese sales only
Shit thread, contain your autism fanboy. Japan doesn't reflect the rest of the world.
This much is true. I expect about 30 mil max.

I don't think the stock shortage is as bad in japan. That seems to be mainly a US problem. You can also find them fairly easily in Europe apart from a few countries.

>Shit thread, contain your autism fanboy. Japan doesn't reflect the rest of the world.
Specific sales figures are much harder to find for the rest of the world. We have NPD for US sales, but they're pretty slow, so they can't tell us anything about Switch's second month yet.
It is selling out worldwide though. You can't ask for more than that.

My guess would be that it's gonna get similiar sales to the 3ds because it's probably going to receive a portable only version (no base included for like 50/80 bucks less) when the sales start to slow considerably

If they do that I will personally go to Japan and shove my Switch squarely inside Shiggy's ass.
Fuck them and their revisions. Get it right the first time, you shit. Everyone else does.

>selling out

That is a meaningless metric. As you can make anything sell out by controlling the production/supply.

The question is will it be another DS -> 3DS drop? If so, is it because of Nintendo's fault, or simply because mobage have grown even bigger since 3DS?

I doubt the Switch is competing against PS4, since PS4's momentum shows no sign of slowing down at all.

The subject of the thread is about Japan, retard. Learn to contain your own autism

Then why make this pointless fucking thread and get hyped over nothing when the data you have is misleading you fucking retard?

Not only that, but even with your own data points, you see a very clear stagnation after the initial burst, yet you Assume that the Switch will continue down a linear path rather than the obvious logrithmic one for... some reason.

Use your fucking head for once.

Week over week

$80 less makes no sense when the dock is sold for $60.
At the very least they would sell it for $240, but more realistically $250.
However, not including the dock defeats the point of calling it Switch. I suppose there's still tabletop mode though.

It's worse in Japan, there are stores making lotteries to sell Switches, everything that is shipped is instantly sold there. The stock of MyNintendoStore for instance sells out in 10 minutes every time.

I don't get what you mean, what I'm suggesting is similiar to the 2ds, not the new 3ds. It would be like removing the gimmick to sell to people uninterested in it that would buy it with a good enough pricedrop.
It wouldn't really be a revision, just the same switch with less accessories.
sorry, got confused because here in Italy it's 330 € for the console and 90€ for the dock.
The name/gimmick is not really a problem, just look at the 2ds.

Let's be real. There's no fucking way the dock isn't being sold for 90% profit if not more.

Of course it's being sold for way more than it's worth, but why the fuck would they let people buy both separately for less?

The Switch costs around $250+ dollars to produce. It's not getting a revision anytime soon, if ever, and Dock is probably less than $20 dollars to produce, no sense in making a version without it.