twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SLAVE TO PAGE 10

youtube.com/watch?v=5xo0cNmCV30
goat

No lack of courage

BUILDING
UNIT READY

Red Alert 2 is superior in every way.

It was way too casual and literally designed for kids. It and Generals are where the game went off the rails and ever came back.

EA, go make a new C&C you lazy asses.

Are you fucking retarded or did you not play Twilight?

If you call casual staying away from missions that go "here's a rifleman, go take out that base" then I suppose so.

git gud, scrub

WORKING JOBS THAT YOU HATE

user, Twilight was 7 years ago. About time we get a new entry.

>that pic
It still sorta surprises me how hard they dropped the ball on C&C after TS.

I know it's been 7 years but fuck EA, I seriously doubt they would make us proud and not fuck up again.

My young self shit himself once that Cabal core defender annihalated my army super quickly. Then I got him stuck on a bridge and rekt him EZ that way...

Yes, because being good comes from blind luck rather than tactics and skill.

C&C 3 was OK to me, C&C 4 was a massive mistake...

C&C TW wasn't insultingly bad like TT. TW was actually kinda fun on LANs but damn TT was like being hit in the face with a rusty shovel while the EA CEO shat in my PC.

I'M A MECHANICAL, I'M A MECHANICAL, I'M A MECHANICAL Ban

Both RA2 and CnC3 are more mechanically interesting than TS

youtube.com/watch?v=XFn_nElicHs

Don't forget to play your mandatory two mods, TI and Mental Omega.

/r/ing the C&C version of posted image please, I can't somehow find it.

I played the first C&C and really liked it, I want to buy another one from the series, but I'm short on cash right now so I can only buy one game, what's the best game in the series?

You guys ever get real mad at colored folks and go on C&C and pretend that all GDI are nigger scum so when you wipe out their pathetic base you can feel ultimate satisfaction?

>luck
Hahaha do you need the game to hold your hand and put powder on your bum?

>unimpressed_fish.png

Nod are the niggers

no

Post C&C pics please

Preferably ones from the Tiberium games.

Mental Omega is great now they jumped on board with the ARES crew.

My only gripe with TW was that they took out all the base building stuff like roads and walls. I want my pretty bases dammit

SLAVE TO A BROKEN ORDER

No, but when the way to win is by guiding your guy to a corner of the map to get re-enforcements, and you can't see the enemy patrols because of the shroud, so either have to save scum, or get LUCKY, I'd call that poor mission design.

Might as well have the game toss a coin, then tell you if you won or not.

>short on cash
C&C Gold, Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun are all freeware. Download as you like.

>what's the best game in the series?
Varies wildly from person to person but of the ones that are not yet free, Red Alert 2 and C&C3 are well-liked.

RA2YR is great for modding, and has a decent community behind it too, even better if you're halfway talented as a graphic artist, making units is fairly easy, there are progs and plugins to make converting them quite easy.

thanks my man

I never quite got Westwoods insistence on live action in the fucking 90s.

you can't just wait to buy the collection on Origin? I'm no fan of the platform but all the games for $20 is pretty great

you're a scrub, that's all

>freeware
Where can I download them exactly?

>all the games for 20$
>still have 23$ on my credit card
>mrw
youtube.com/watch?v=a8c5wmeOL9o

Easier to tell the story than with ropey 90's CGI.

The RA happened, and it was insane and glorious.

Never said I hadn't beaten it, it was just bad.

Game is fine, you are bad.

The actual game took up fuckall space on the CD and they wanted to stand out.

Yes, I'm so bad I beat it. Are you.memtally deficient? Oh wait, you play Tib Sun, of course you are.

A child could beat it and yet here you are, an adult, complaining about how hard it was.

Mentally even. Stupid touchscreen.

Wait, so we've gone from "DURR IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFUCULT" to "HURRDURR IT'S SO EASY ANYONE CAN BEAT IT!" please make your mind up.

And you're a dumb phoneposter to boot.

Please just go and die.

Yes, god forbid I browse on my phone while waiting for stuff to happen in the game I'm playing.

We're really clutching at straws now aren't we?

I agree with this. There are mods tho that SOMEWHAT turn it into Tiberian Sun.

Wait, you didn't like those missions where you don't get to build a base and have a very limited number of troops AND a time limit? Sad you can't turtle your way through like easy mode?

It's because of people like you that RTS died, kys.

>playing a game with so little gameplay you have to shitpost for a whole hour to wait for something to happen

This just keeps getting worse.

No, those missions are fine if done right, what wasn't done right was the re-enforcment hunting, basing the game around dodging patrols is fine if you can see them, basing the game around finding re-enforcments is fine too, as long as you know where they are. Tib Sun did neither of those things. It created a state where you needed to save every 3 seconds, and after a while, it just stops being fun, and gets stupid, annoying, and poor.

Not really, waiting for cash to accumulate in cities skylines, so I can set tax to 4% so I can build the Posh Mall. I'll need about 5 mil, and I currently have 3 mil, so I'm killing time til then. Boring yes, but there's an achievement tied to it, so yay gamerscore.

The fog of war is there for a reason and there is a reason it is called the fog of war, referencing to the concepts laid out by Carl von Clausewitz. Do you want everything to be completely predictable? And why do you "need" to save every 3 seconds? I don't get it...

>cities skylines
Ah, that explains it. You really shouldn't be here. The opinion of a grand strat convert has no weight in rts discussions.

You just suck dude

His argument of playing such a shitty game with so little gameplay you have to AFK for hours to progress still holds up and it makes you seem retarded...

Reminder that Generals was the best C&C, and anyone who disagree is american coward fight in the ground like men youtube.com/watch?v=XZfBgrOn8QA

Yes the fog of war is essential in an RTS game, however, hiding shit under it to murderfuck your troops is shit. It'd be like playing MGS on euro extreme with all the enemies invisible. "Oh you got seen by the invisible thing, game over, time to restart".

Cities Skylines is a fun little game, nothing special, but it's something to do when I'm not playing other stuff, people are allowed to play more than one game you know?

Generals was easily the worst. I'm wasn't even real C&C.

Generals are not C&C.

Is your lunchbreak done, Yuri?

Except I've played the game for a while, and built my city, so yeah, you then have to wait to build up funds, it's entirely optional, but I do like 100%ing games, so here I am.

So does Tib Sun.

Shockwave mod is great, put plenty of time into that.

This one?

Choose your side.

Much preferred SC as a kid. Tiberian Sun was fun for a bit but didn't seem like a "real" RTS to me with it's strange interface and resource system.

Also 1v1 against the AI would always be whoever could get the walkers first. Nod seemed so weak in comparson.

Maybe if you suck at playing RTS.

but definitely a lack of common sense.

Do you want a C&C MOBA? Because that's what that shit will be

>didn't get it for 5

NOD was more micro focused, GDI was deathball typically

Yeah, made Nod a lot of fun with their subterranean and cloaked stuff.

GDI gets all the cool toys though.

Nod best defense for comfy fortresses.

Their toys include best aircraft.

Men, look at this, this is the opinion of the pleb. It has no imagination and cannot relate to things it cannot recognize. It rejects the wonderous sci-fi or alt-history setting for real world nations and stereotypes.

Yeah but I did like the Nod alien bombers more than the GDI ones. Helicopters sucked though yeah

The "whoops" voice line the Nod Bomber says when it gets shot down will never leave my memory

Generals had more diverse factions (and generals in zero hour), more fun shit like allahu ackbar motorcyclists and other wacky units, humour, gamemodes. The setting is less interesting sure, but it allows for a lot more fun stuff.

>git good at wasting 2 hours on a 2 minute task because 'challenge'
Being forced to do everything slowly is not challenging, it's boring. Let me build tanks or get the fuck out.

Mine is the SAM Site rocket as it blows up my super expensive bomber.