What games let me play as a mother fucking mage?

What games let me play as a mother fucking mage?

Fucking dicksucker OP

Morrowind is for me the best mage game when it comes to giving some good utility, magic beign able to solve a lot of problems. Older infinity engine games like Baldurs Gate probably have the mostoverpowered mages, /tg/ is better at explained why. Dragon's Dogma has the most spectacular and impressive looking magic, though it's mostly for damaging enemies and you will spend some time doing nothing but casting it. But at the same time you get some good variety here.

I'm sick of mages that always have some kind of cool melee weapon like the mage in OP's picture. Fucking can't even commit to the aesthetic.

>that
>a mage

What kind of fucking mage has a 2 handed anime sword.

A mage in a weebshit setting

Isn't that a warlock?

a mage that thinks it's hilarious to animate a sword, sit back and drink his tea while whatever soldier tried to foolishly challenge him gets beaten up by it?

>cast strength buff on self
>have fun swinging a sword better than anyone training their entire lives for it
get fucked

>What games let me play as a mother fucking mage?

Skyirm, if you put in a sex mod and then use the creation kit to make your mom into an NPC.

>I'm sick of mages that always have some kind of cool melee weapon like the mage in OP's picture. Fucking can't even commit to the aesthetic.
>What kind of fucking mage has a 2 handed anime sword.

A battlemage.

heh, gave me a chuckle

Soul Sacrifice.

lost kingdoms

I like it when mages are more about wits, knowledge, artifacts and magic equipment. It is a pretty boring mage gameplay when you are just casting spells all over the place. I think immortal did this. Any other suggestions?

There should be a comprehensive list of things that people expect mages to be able to do in games.
>polymorphing
>transmutation
>flight
>time stop/slow
>elemental explosions
>clothing removal

>>cast strength buff on self
>>have fun swinging a sword better than anyone training their entire lives for it
>get fucked

If the game is balanced as it should be, the training you spent on the buff on swordsmanship wouldn't really make up for the deficit in pure swordsmanship. It would leave the two evenly matched if nothing else is considered.

That is the ideal situation anyway. A player would have multiple build choices that end up in the same place. Or multiple builds that end up in different places.

>If the game is balanced as it should be
It never is. Any magic class is either so overpowered it can basically skip combat or just another archer who replaces arrows with tiny fireballs

warlocks receive power from a higher from a greater being
wizards(mages?) get their power from within themselves
that is actually a sorcerer as they use books and tomes to cast their magic
though, that armor and sword kinda throw a wrench in things

I'm not sure a sorcerer has to literally use a book to cast shit, the entire point is getting the magic through studying so he should have them memorized, right?

>I like it when mages are more about wits, knowledge, artifacts and magic equipment. It is a pretty boring mage gameplay when you are just casting spells all over the place.

I agree. Mages should be utilized in more support roles, rather than just a different kind of projectile fighter. The possibilities for non-combat stuff is way bigger.

Puzzles of any kind for crossing barriers is one thing. And a puzzle can be almost anything. Environmental effects for messing up enemy tactics. Like creating fog if the enemy uses long range weapons only, so the fighters can get close and chop them. Or if the mage player has to focus on in-game knowledge to navigate an endless maze.

Wizards study, Sorcs have it naturally and Warlocks make pacts.

>pick mage
>can either throw fireball or throw snowball

>combine them to throw steamball
>the horrible screams

>It never is. Any magic class is either so overpowered it can basically skip combat or just another archer who replaces arrows with tiny fireballs

If the mage is more removed from the combat aspect it would be easier to balance. Swordsmanship is an attribute of warrior types. That means that only the buff towards whatever statistic affects the sword fighting has to be balanced with the warrior's statistics that affect sword fighting.

Trine, Divinity original sin. Heroes also do this.

I'm not saying it can't be balanced, I'm saying videogames never, ever manage to do it

>Divinity original sin
I still haven't played it even though I love the series (>tfw too many games to play) but somehow I doubt that mages are purely in a support role in that, given how Larian usually handles them

You can play any mmo and there is a mage class. You can play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic if you wish to be battle mage with a compulsion to kick everything fleshy to spikes.

>wizards(mages?) get their power from within themselves
>that is actually a sorcerer as they use books and tomes to cast their magic
you got it backward retard

I've played about 2 hours of Dark Messiah ages ago and it seemed completely pointless to even use "proper" combat with swords and adrenaline moves or whatever those executions were called
Memes aside, is the game really just 90% kicking enemies into environmental hazards because you get fucked in a milisecond otherwise?