Other urls found in this thread:

arcsystemworks.jp/portal/post-4671/
youtube.com/watch?v=8eyJUceGZJg
youtube.com/watch?v=QZLGnPKo-R4
youtube.com/watch?v=X7qcNKcCzmg&t=1h2m45s
clips.twitch.
youtube.com/watch?v=TmlAqWEwewA&t=151s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

xrd added shitty mechanics, balancing issues especially with the new chars.

I wish you fags would stop pretending to play games already, even more so with fighting games

Xrd is as tightly balanced as the series has ever been, what the fuck are you on about?

>Removed Bridget
>Got better

U wot m8

Nobody else here actually plays Guilty Gear so I guess you win this round OP.

>removed Bridget
>added Sin

I can live with that.

>#Reload Eddie

nah

I can't agree with your statement, OP. Across the series the balance has been a bit of a roller coaster ride. It's not terrible, but it's had its ups and downs. And frankly I'd say a bunch of things were changed for the worse when they rebooted the series with Xrd. Xrd is still an enjoyable game and one of the few ones I keep playing.

i-it's bad cause I can't play mai waifu very well...

When is Rev2 coming to PC?

June 1

YRCs are trash

Perfect!

the new characters aren't terribly broken as they are braindead compared to old characters, even if you compare similar top tiers together.

Like Zato and Elphelt are both S tier characters with really strong setplay and unblockables but you can have a strong Elphelt in the fraction of the time it takes for you to get Zato to that level. Elphelt, Sin, and Raven are pretty cancerous but almost every character in the game can be viable if you're willing to put in the work.

In what way is this game so much worse than +R? Faggots like yourself have this obsession with elitist circle jerking and can't enjoy a game unless it's completely dead. Fuck off back to playing dead games on netplay then.

Source for anyone interested. arcsystemworks.jp/portal/post-4671/

I hope they'll keep having timely PC releases for future versions of the game.

Post your mains

You DO actually play the game, right?

BUSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

gayfag reporting in

is jam good now

Isuka
Overture
/thread

NO ABA

NO BUY-A

hows pot in the new update. i heard he got a faster hammer fall and a reworked crouching hitbox/instance but it doesn't seen to do much for the character.

I'm slowly improving.

What's a real god damn shame is that it didn't get a Sunday spot at EVO, and babbyblue got it.

He got some quality of life buffs but nothing really gamechanging. It's as you say. It's still possible to make him look good though, it's just a ton of work.

Xrd was a step down, albeit a minor one compared to a lot of other series.

Did Jam get any mote buffs for Rev 2?

Axl low baby. I'm trying to learn/get better with Venom and Faust, i tried Pot but it just doesn't sync with me.

>He also got 2 new air normal to cover every possible angle.

There's a new combo potential now.

bring back ghosty mcaussie

>my main has being nerf-bullied into oblivion

Keep it up, dreamboy. I will always be wih you.

Fuck you isuka was great. Having to manually face the other direction was revolutionary.

What was wrong with #Reload Eddie?

youtube.com/watch?v=8eyJUceGZJg :^)

still an uphill climb in most matchups due to his terrible movement options and massive hurtbox but he's better in REV2 than XRD, that's for sure.

He has some touch of death combos on some characters and some get touched, get stunned on others, if you have the meter and execution for it but you still have to make every hit count because you might not get another chance.

Likely picking up Baiken when Rev2 hits since Ky has gotten pretty boring. Though from just fooling around with the demo her routes and new specials don't really feel as fun as they were in +R so if she doesn't excite me enough I don't know who I'll end up playing.

>but you still have to make every hit count because you might not get another chance.

But that's exactly the problem with pot, he has to do a lot of work to get damage while other characters can get the same same or more safely.

Shit, even trying to watch tournament players playing pot is fucking suffering.

You should give answer a try, his mind games with the scrolls are actually really good and he also has a counter he can do while in or out of the scrolls.

SUUURRREIIYAAAAAAAAA

post big damage
youtube.com/watch?v=QZLGnPKo-R4

That's the tradeoff, you have insanely damaging normals and huge stun combos with Potemkin but you'll always have to slog through his terrible movement speed and relatively sluggish normals by playing almost perfect defense.

I love watching FAB though, easily my favorite pro player from any game. He does WORK with Potemkin.

youtube.com/watch?v=X7qcNKcCzmg&t=1h2m45s

Someone give me a rundown on Dandyism

>That's the tradeoff
Yeah, but it is not a trade off that work in his favor due to relying too much in reads and defense while other characters can do the same thing with little effort.

I'm not saying pot is bad, although i think he is the worst character in the game, i just think the top tiers shit on him way too easily.

I agree for the most part, he has to put in a lot more effort to win against most of the top end of the cast and his damage doesn't outweigh his shit movement and reliance on defense without any real reversal.

i honestly think one reversal could do the trick.

clips.twitch.
tv/ModernChillyShallotNerfBlueBlaster

It's had it's ups and downs over the years with balance (Sol main since Missing Link), but it always stays consistent with itself, save a few poorly executed spinoffs. To this day it's the only series (fighting game or otherwise) I have left that didn't cash in against fans for normalfag brand, mass appeal funbux.

Sad soldier since 1999 reporting in.

Isuka was misguided, but also had some of the best stage art in the series, and arguably the best OST. It's also where ABA got her start, and Judgement fixes what Boost Mode couldn't do.
Overture is a decent RTS, albeit not what anyone wanted.
Also don't "/thread" your own post. It makes you look like a newfag.

>tfw main Sin
Still dumb as ever but whatever. His new combo routes using air beak driver loops is fun.

I play best girl Jam currently. But chances are I'm going to be an Answer main now.

my glass cannon ninja chipp zanuff.
I'm not good at him at all, but I need the speed.

I kinda wanna pick it up on PC but I'm not sure if I should just wait for R2 to drop.

It might be cheaper but we don't really know at this point. It's only about 2 weeks away anyways though.

He'll eventually be in Rev2 right?

if he appears in the story mode he will probably be in the game at some point.

He make a small cameo in Baiken story.

Overture was the peak you fools
Bedman but hopefully Asuka someday

So isn't the update suppose to be today?

Next week I think

Melty blood also got better with each installment

Been mainless since Xrd because no A.B.A., so I've been fluctuating between Jam, Ram and Chipp.

Xrd is not free from issues. The RC slowdown still eats inputs and some of the new characters are stupidly easy and strong. I don't even know what they were thinking sometimes, and also Xrd is pretty damn good but Isuka was an abomination.

Fellow May player here. I also used to play Bridget.

I want to see her made in the Xrd style so badly. Se'd look amazing.

It's rather likely.

As a meleefag should i get into GG or SFV?

GG since you are probably into having lots of movement options

Xrd doesn't have enough redheads.

GG, execution barrier is higher and allows for some really weird and interesting combos that work and there's more movement options which also ties into the weird/interesting combos and execution, which I assume a melee player loves. That and everything is an actually intended gameplay mechanic so you don't have to get stuck in playing a busted game with unintentional mechanics that the developers changed in all future installments

GG is the better game but sf5 has more people playing it.

you pick.

Only 1 Venom in this thread? Where are all the faggots?

As an SF5 player, I would say try GG if you want an actual enjoyable experience. Once you realize how shallow the game is, SFV is only fun when you're winning and there's no personality when two different people play the same character (you know what I mean if you watch SSB4 high level play).

If you want to play SF, just play an older version for fun on fightcade.

Who should I play if I want to play mind games with the opppnent?

Danger Time, YRC, Sin, etc.

What's wrong with your face?

Dust Strikers.

Yeah yeah hate me all you want

Potemkin, are you gonna Hammerfall Break and Pot Buster or are you gonna Hammerfall Break and sweep or are you gonna Hammerfall Break and Hammerfall or are you gonna Hammerfall or are you gonna Hammerfall Break and Heat Knuckle?

GG is universally the better game but SFV has more players online.

It also lacks her risk/reward style. Taking a shot of blood and recovering 75% was the greatest feeling.

>Johnny got his meterless unblockables back
>Raven can one-hit-kill Dizzy off a lvl 3 CH tk scratch
>Chipp can spam his gamma blade, trade, and still win the trade since the projectile comes out SUPER fast
>Elphelt still has her unblockables, and has to YRC it, making the escape even harder. Not to mention her 6P gained invuls
>Millia does Sol damage now
>Sin remains Sin
>Bedman is even more a Marvel character now. He gets a knockdown, there's no fucking way you ever get up again
>Faust's golden hammer does as much stun as Potemkin's Gigantor, and his new meteor will basically make you take 200 damage if you get caught by it
>Kum now has the shishinken loops and 2K2H, giving him the possibility to deal basically AT LEAST 250 damage meterless, whenever you are on the screen
>Axl gained two moves that will basically be his new neutral summarized. Nothing can contest IADB j.6K, and j.2S is even harder to anti-air than Chipp's j.D
>Potemkin and Slayer still the same garbage
>Leo has even be nerfed with added hurtbox on his 5H, and changed his 6P to be the worst in the game : shit hitbox, not armor from frame 1, not gatlings or jump cancels anymore
Oh yeah, I'm so fucking glad Rev 2 is a thing now. They managed to buff top tiers, nerf some lower tiers and add some of the most stupid shit I've ever seen in this serie.
Fuck you Pachi, fuck you Ishiwatari. You guys don't have a single idea on how to balance your kusoge

Axl
trust me

faust has one of my favorite mind games where you either

jump FDC air attack for a quick overhead
or
jump empty j2k into 2k for a low that looks just like the overhead.

also his whole neutral game is a mindgame of "am i gonna stick out my halfscreen normals or wait for you to do something dumb"

>Bedman is even more a Marvel character now. He gets a knockdown, there's no fucking way you ever get up again
I miss his old move honestly

how long until Sin gets a gamma ray?

When his mommy un-nerfs him. She got pretty mad when she heard what he did to Uncle Johnny at both EVO and Fighting Game Awards in 2016.

probably because venom is fucking hard, i still don't know his ball setups so i just play him like faust, i press 2 buttons whenever i want to set up balls and i work my way from there, my setups are always random.

Is Ram still as bad as she was in Rev 1? All I remember back then was that she had almost all bad matchups and her neutral was booty.

Dangertime needs to go, everything else is fine.

Just wish roster was a bit more diverse.

Her neutral game is still shit but she can corner carry off of anything and her corner game is still stupidly strong.

>Sin
>nerfed
>still shits damage and converts off of fucking anything while pressuring from full-screen

Waiting to die since 1998

Fuck Leo.

>everyone ignores the comment about shitty mechanics which really makes the game bad

+R was a fun and better game, people actually enjoyed playing it, unlike xrd which is a fucking chore to most people besides a few autist like fab. Us elitest know what good games are and actually play them, too bad xrd players don't even play this shit. Really makes you think

enjoy your zappa

DELETE THIS!

XX is a different series than Xrd. So OP is tehcnically right.

I couldn't get into Xrd but I ended up really enjoying BB.

Don't suppose you or anyone else here know where the rest of these videos are?

youtube.com/watch?v=TmlAqWEwewA&t=151s

Japanese player, or imported? Missing Link didn't get ported to NA until 1999. Either way, nice to meet another lonely guy here.

try combovid.com/ or nico

Well Blazblue has these 5 cute girls. can't say I blame ya

>Xrd better than AC+R

Actually he's very hunger meter dependent now. They nerfed his damage and his midscreen hawk baker corner carries does significantly lesser than before. His corner j.K loops don't work anymore since wallstick is gone from his j.K so he has no efficient combo route to end safely with eat if youre lacking in calories. He's strong yes, but he's clearly not as good as before. Im surprised that no one is crying more about Raven since he got pushed so hard this patch.