Is all of Metal Gear Rising as good as the final boss...

Is all of Metal Gear Rising as good as the final boss? I watched a video of the Armstrong fight & cutscenes and it was fucking amazing, I love that kind of balls-to-the-wall over the top action (generally a fan of platinum games in general) plus it was nice to see Raiden being cool for once. Just wondering if it's worth playing through the thing myself, or if I've experienced the best part.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HWowdW6gj6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. It's a solid, fun game but the final boss is one of the better moments.

Yes. It's a solid, fun game and the final boss is one of the better moments.

Nice job, you just went and ruined the amazing finale for yourself.

And yes, its good; one of the best Metal Gears actually.

why would you not play it if you like platinum games

I don't mind. Knowing what's coming will make me anticipate the ending more I think. Does it have overlong codec calls and cutscenes like regular MGS though?

I've been stung before by developers I liked, and recommendations of shit games from others because of one "cool bit". Just trying to gauge if it's worth my time

>is all of mgr as good as armstrong?
imho his was the weakest fight after monsoon
it's not that it was bad it's just that all the others were so amazingly mindblowing
especially the first one being played the first time
God that was an experience

its a good game but armstrong is the best part

nah armstrong is the best boss, others have a set move. youtube.com/watch?v=HWowdW6gj6M Pick up the game when its on sale it drops down to like 5 dollars its a good slasher game.

The rest of the game is actually pretty decent, although short. The bosses are the peak though.

No.

There are codec calls but the long ones are optional. The game doesn't get anywhere near MGS2 territory.

The game is pretty much one short, sweet series of "cool bits". Just about every boss in the game is hype as fuck. Get it sometime.

The armstrong cutscene which you probably watched is the longest of the game (with around 20 minutes of cutscenes), but it has interactive parts during it.
The codecs are much shorter but are very amusing to watch. There is a shitload of them like in the older MGS games, so if you want to listen to all its gonna take a small while

Sam kind of is, but other than that I'd say the best part of the main campaign is Armstrong
Good job spoiling yourself, by the way
But I'd still say it's worth playing

Thanks for all the input. Will probably try to pick it up for a couple quid when I can.

One last query though how much foreknowledge of MGS does it require? Was thinking of playing through with my bro who's never touched a Metal Gear game, I can see him enjoying the gameplay though

The only good boss fights are Monsoon, Sam and Armstrong

And the rest of the the game is another generic shallow platinum game just like Automata

>Good job spoiling yourself
I just wanted to find out where the NANOMACHINES SON meme started. Ended up falling down a rabbit hole

It's pretty much it's own thing, the previous games get at most a callback in the codecs, so it's not all that necessary, but more of a small bonus

The memes, Jack, they ruin everything
Even then, seeing it and actually playing it are two different things. I wouldn't worry too much

I mean, the MGS lore is massive and quite cool, but the very basic setting of the game is:
>Raiden is a fucked up child soldier with heavy PSTD and a robot body who tries to leave war behind but always end up returning
>The world shadow goverment made the world a permanent war economy. People fight and die not for morals or goals, but rather to keep the money flowing
>The shadow government got taken down, but the war economy still around, there is a lot of private military companies, and wars for profit.
>Game start.