If Sony don't use this controller on PS5 I won't buy it

If Sony don't use this controller on PS5 I won't buy it
It took 20 years but they released the perfect controller

Is there ever going to be a console which natively supports mouse + keyboard? I would possibly buy one if it did that, and was more powerful than a high-end PC. Also it should allow modding, and the mods shouldn't be policed, I need my titty mods.

PS3 supports any chinese keyboard. I played CoD and CS:Go back then with a 6 bucks chinese keyboard.

L2 and R2's shape is problematic, when trying to put down the controller they keep getting pressed.

>symmetrical bottom place thumb sticks
>30 min battery life

maybe a keyboard but not a mouse.
Mouse would destroy the illusion that consoles provide which would be a serious problem that could never be resolved.

Xbox is going to support keyboard and mouse pretty soon

>Not using the new model with USB connectivity
>using Bluetooth shit technology
you are the problem

Battery lasted like less than a day on my PS4 when I had it.

Literally irrelevant to me.
Don't get me wrong, I agree that DS4 is by far the best controller of all time.

It's just that I have a Xim4 so I can use whatever device I wish , and I highly doubt it won't be compatible with the PS5.
Anyway why are you thinking half a decade ahead? It'll still take a while until the PS5 comes out.

>Left joystick below d-pad

FUCKING STOOOOOOOP! NO ONE ELSE DOES THIS SHIT, IT'S UNCOMFORTABLE AS FUCK

Does the top of the controller still have that obnoxious, useless glow while you're playing?

There are games with native M&K support on PS4, I only know of FF14 and Warthunder but I didn't look.
The support is there, but the devs must allow it. Either way if you want the best aproximation to native m&k look no further than

Go play with your asymmetric controller designed for retarded hands.

>controller rests on its buttons
>creaks like a rotted out sailboat
>sized extra small for children and manlets

This is not what peak performance looks like.

user, it's the worst controller of the current generation.

Unless of course you have baby hands like most Sonylets.

Etf is wrong with you, any other way is retarded

That thing costs $124.99, the PS4 already costs $400. For $525 you can make a fine computer.

>not emulating old games

>controller rests on its buttons
the shape stops them being depressed when set down

>creaks like a rotted out sailboat
no more than any other controller, especially if you torque the hell out of it like an angry autist

>sized extra small for children and manlets
errr ok, pic related

looks like those controllers are mating from the thumbnail

Every dualshock controller are complete ass garbage

Any thoughts on the Elite controller? I pretty much refuse to use a typing instrument to play games anymore and the thought of having programmable triggers sounds nice.

yea but where will you find a bigger eco-system of easy retards to kill on a regular basis?

>the shape stops them being depressed when set down
Wrong.

>no more than any other controller, especially if you torque the hell out of it like an angry autist
Not a single other controller I have ever owned has ever creaked, even after ten, twenty, thirty years of use.

>errr ok, pic related
At least post The Duke if you're trying to be smug about your tiny hands

>the PS4 already costs $400
Do you live in 2013 or under a rock?
The thing costs 260€ new and bundled with a game. You can easily find one second-hand at 200€ just the same way you arrived at the $500 price with your PC build.

>That thing costs $124.99
Did I ever argue it was cheap? Still a nice price to pay in order to use almost literally any input method, including joysticks.
Seeing that you're clearly a PC gamer such a price isn't too surprising, is it? Good mice and keyboards also cost that much if you're willing to invest.

It's far from perfect.

ha ha x-box manlet small

They had the perfect controller, but people afraid of change complained so hard they had to go back to a shitty design.

I forgot to add: I love how you bitch about Xim4's price but didn't bat an eye at the mouse in that pic, G700s which cost almost the same years back

there are much cheaper controllers that have extra triggers, if that's all your looking for.
Plus the elite controller has some pretty well documented quality control issues

Do they make 3rd party PS4 controllers with an XBox layout? Asking for a friend.

>For $525 you can make a fine computer.

... umm, user? My last gaming rig was $1600 in parts.

I keep having to buy new ones every 4-5 months cuz the buttons turn to shit

Yes. google "PS4 elite controller" and you'll find them. There are 2 official ones, one of them uses Xbox's layout.

They aren't wireless though

I liked the ps3 one more

I hate how non consumer friendly consoles are. If I want to use my Xbox 360 controller on my Ps4, why the hell cant I.

>the shape stops them being depressed when set down
>Wrong.
objectively talking out of your rectum, matey

So that moves the left stick and replaces the Dpad with something that's not that segmented bullshit?

it is perfect, aside from the shit battery life

>ellipsis unironically
>gaming rig
go back

And the size.
And the joystick placement.

It depends, really. For games that paddles are good for and make your hands sweat a lot, the Elite is the GOAT. I say this as someone who fucked around with Scuf controllers for a little bit. Don't make that mistake, the people who buy them and have them break aren't retards who can't take care of their things, Scuf controllers are just legit crap.

For regular old video games though, I'll usually use the PS4 controller. I couldn't exactly tell you why, but it just feels better to me for games where I wouldn't be using paddles. I guess I don't like the trigger length on the Elite and I've had issues with the triggers registering when you use the trigger stops in certain games(Dark Souls 3 being the biggest offender).

It's a good controller though. If it sounds like you would like it and you've got the cash for it, give it a shot.

Playstation fanboy here.

This:
Also, the battery life could be better.

>pointless flashlight
>shit battery life
>dual lower joy
>terrible shoulder design
>Facebook button

Nah

Why would you be so retarded to move the D-pad and analog from it's perfected location?

Or do you have asymmetrical hands?

GameCube had M&K

how the fuck do you use this

ps1 had a mouse accessory, and as far as I know all playstation consoles support usb keyboards and mice for the web browser (if there is one).

Devs can support mouse and keyboard if they want, problem is nobody does.

Are you this stupid? Seriously?

And you can, at an extra price.

You can and I do. $60 for an adapter though, which does kind of suck.

Now try it on your couch, assmunch
Shit fast-forwards a Netflix show every time

I do have the adapter Chronus too. Does not mean it's not unfriendly as fuck.

How is this stupid? I can use any controller I want on a PC.

The stick placement is the one thing I've always disliked about Sony's controllers. It's also the one thing they'll never change.

he said fine computer, not enthusiast. My first PC was a shit $300 compaq with a 6150se and I pretty much played halo ce all summer when i was 16.

around that age you take what you can get

>Best controller of all time
Fuck off, underage faggot.

not really, the friction burned my thumbs

>And the size.
perfect
>And the joystick placement.
perfect and symmetrical. like my hands

Symmetry does not work like that. Also, you will use the buttons more than the second joystick in games.

You know you can control netflix (and a lot of the other media apps on ps4) with your phone, right?

>complains about suspicion of bullshots
>complains about screenshot capture key
never change

>Also, you will use the buttons more than the second joystick in games
y'know, apart from any game that uses the second stick to control the camera...

The triggers always get activated whenever I put down the controller. So many wasted quicksilver bullets in bloodborne just from putting the controller down.

>Not asymmetric
>Prioritizing D-pad over analog stick
>Still using analog triggers
>Keeping touchpad when gyro aim is superior

Nope.

Why is the select button a giant fucking touchpad? The one game I played that did use the touchpad on a map screen made me think my controller was broken.

>perfect controller
>shit battery
>cheap triggers
>retarded led
lol no, ds3 is better in every way

You control the camera with your bottom thumb, not with the actual nail part.

this.

>Want to watch netflix on ps4
>use playstation app to remotely turn on ps4 and open netflix
>either cast from netflix app on phone to ps4, or use playstation app to control ps4 ui directly
>controller stays off
>faster to find show I want (touch type on phone > on-screen keyboard)

>leaving controller on while watching shows
It's like you want the battery to be dead.

you can control the whole ps4 ui remotely from your phone, you only need the controller to play games.

Sorry, replied to wrong comment. Phone stuff's cool.

>How is this stupid? I can use any controller I want on a PC.
Yup, you're THAT stupid.
Next time think for 2 seconds before vomiting out shit.

"Why do I have to pay Sony to get a controller on a Playstation system? Why don't they easily let me use a Microsoft controller on their system? It's almost as if they wanted more money!! INJUSTICE"

As you may have noticed, "PC" has no platform holder, thus there is no advantage to restricting peripheral use. On the contrary, it's in the best interest of those who make motherboards and OS's to be as compatible as possible so that they may sell to as many people as possible, if they weren't the competition would and those MOBAS/OSs would get a market advantage instead.

Sony / MS / Nintendo are only interested in selling their console and in you investing money into their platform (by buying any game on it, or subscriptions, etc). Controllers are just another part of that. The number of consoles that aren't sold because of controller compatibility is negligible. Not even you are going to buy or not buy any one console just because you can't you X controller on it. Even if that's the reason you won't buy one, you merely belong to an irrelevant number of people who'd do the same.

Seeing that every platform holder does this there is no pressure to open up compatibility. Even if one of the three companies did this it might not be a big enough selling point to make up for the money lost of having a near controller monopoly for your system.

>stick placement
I seriously don't get this complaint.
What game uses left stick and buttons primarily?
What game uses d-pad and right stick primarily

I love my Xbone Elite and the only difference between DS4 and Xbone lies in which one you personally find more comfortable.
except for the extra features of DS4, which are minor but exists.

>Hori N64 Pad
I'm mad jealous

Is this the most aesthetic controller ever made?

Dumass you just described what essentially is a m-atx form factor gaming pc. So no that will never happen. Console developers really on making money off their over priced peripherals and APUs will always lag behind dedicated CPU+GPU setups.

But my Razer Raiju is the best controller ever user

It has a sort of dated cyberpunk aesthetic to me looking at it now, I'd never noticed that before.

I think it looks better than a ds4 or 360 pad purely by the shape, but maybe the xbone pad beats it on that front.

ITT: people can't accept DS4 is the best controller ever made
it's shit. Buy Gamecube to N64 adapter and you'll get better results

What? What you're describing is clled a PC... Just use Steam big picture on a high end PC and you get exactly what you described

It's mostly used only by professional writers. Chinese normies just use Qwerty-based keyboards with IMEs.

>was more powerful than a high-end PC
This doesn't make any sense.

Why not just buy a small form-factor PC and use a PS4 controller with it in the living room just like you would a console?

>Stick still in the wrong place
>Dpad still segmented
>Lightbar that does nothing
The only reason Sony still insists on cramming both sticks on the bottom of the controller is because they were an afterthought for the PS1 and they couldn't be bothered to change it.

Literally who cares?

It still gets beaten in most games by my 5 year old 10 dolasr wireless mouse.

DS4 d-pack is the best d-pad ever, just buy a 39 bucks fight stick if you want to play KoF ir SFV.

>I seriously don't get this complaint.
>What game uses left stick and buttons primarily?
Most of them?

And the Dpad is still garbage.

>Most of them?
Name ten.

>best Dpad ever
>segmented
lolno

>Name ten games that use both the left stick and face buttons
Virtually every game in existence?

>primarily
Please read.

l-lewd

>Most of them?
Nope, most shooters are dual stick with shoulders. Face buttons are secondary inputs.
Racers usually use only one stick for steering and triggers for accelerator/brake, but even then the second stick is used more than the face buttons for looking around
Even in platformers you'll spend just as much time with your thumb on the right stick to look around than you will tapping face buttons to jump.

Sports games are the only ones I can think of where you might use the face buttons more than the right stick.

2d platformers too I guess but who the fuck plays those on console

>Still defending Sony's backward left stick placement
Shooters and racing games """PRIMARILY""" use sticks and shoulder buttons, that's about it. Platformers, RPGs, adventure games, puzzle games, fighting games, virtually everything else uses the stick and face buttons.

Happy now, Sony apologists? They're the only ones that do it, and again it's because analog sticks were slapped onto the PS1's controller after the N64 launched and Sony didn't bother to change it for PS2 despite the fact that it's an awful layout.

>LOL SYMMETRICAL STICKS
it's not like your hands are symmetrical aswell you brainwashed retard

>Using a mouse with 30fps.
Even 60 fps is bad.

>HURR SYMMETRICAL HANDS
It's not like you wanna hold the controller comfortably you cuck

You named genres, I asked for games.
>I promise it's backwards! Listen to me!
If I'm defending Sony, you're full force attacking and missing praying you'll be right and I don't know which one is worse.

Yeah this is why I have a ds4. Xbone controller is for manlets.

I'm confused as to why people prefer the Xbone layout of sticks.

I don't even own either console, I got a switch and my main problem with it is the asymmetric sticks.

When I play games, my right thumb defaults to the right analog stick because I want to always be moving and turning the camera at the same time, shoulder buttons are usually for important actions like attacking, so face buttons are generally only needed for item use or running.