Will we ever have a creative platformer like Plok again?

Will we ever have a creative platformer like Plok again?

Was I literally the only person who played this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OTSW4M28XQg
youtube.com/watch?v=3ODKKILZiYY
youtube.com/watch?v=2jbJSftFr20
youtube.com/watch?v=eHy6vEbh464
youtube.com/watch?v=FRWNOUJCyjc
youtube.com/watch?v=ofsOYKYOP0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's a rumor that when this game was presented to Shigeru Miyamoto, he was so blown away by the music that he thought it was coming from an external speaker, and not the TV. It was done by the same guy who did the Silver Surfer NES music, which is also really good.

youtube.com/watch?v=OTSW4M28XQg

How is it creative at all?>

mane what a game. never managed to get further than 80% on original hardware

Plok was literally just another dime a dozen eurotrash platformer from the SNES days.

The combat on it is fun.

That's what I like. It's sort of hard with no saves.

You're cruisin' for a bruisin'.

I hear they are making a sequel called Plokkers Mcgillicuddy

>combat is fun
>it is creative
Either elaborate on your statements because you don't make a good salesman.

Nigga the only thing that stands out in Plok is the music and maybe the graphics.

Yoshi's island Rayman

Two bad games. Okay.

i bought this game back then
i still have it pristine
one of the best platformers i have every played
and hard as fuck
i never finished it: once i get into the flea world, my ass is served

That's your opinion so what a shame.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ODKKILZiYY
youtube.com/watch?v=2jbJSftFr20

Time trax ost is also fantastic. Equinox not so much imo.

Want to hear something funny. When the game was in beta they brought it to Nintendo of japan to see if they would publish it. Miyamoto had them take the cartridge and examine it. The rumor goes that they dumped it and stole parts to make Yoshi's island. Plok predates it by two years and looks fucking similar.

Stole how?

plok throws his arms at enemies and uses them to hit switches. yoshi throws eggs. plok grabs presents and can transform for a limited time yoshi does the same. remember that Nintendo didn't pay argonaut for star fox 2 but they still used the camera code from the beta in sf64 and mario 64. they kinda have a record of this if you dig deep enough.

Game was a blast, don't think I ever beat it as a kid but I cleared it a couple of years ago. Held up pretty well if I remember right.

why is plok so fucking mad?

they stole his fucking flag

Nah. Objectively they're badly designed.

Again, that's your opinion which I respect but I disagree.

I never stated my opinion. This passive-agressive female behavior of yours is detestable to say the least.

>same guy who did the Silver Surfer NES music
Well that explains it

How is Yoshi's Island badly designed?
I mean Rayman 1 isn't badly designed either but the devs themselves admitted the lack of play testing for it so that's definitely where most of it's difficulty comes from if anything. Also what are some platformers besides Mario that you think are well designed?

Your must be the first person who never enjoyed Yoshi's Island then. Which as I said is your opinion.

You are "objectively" wrong though.

Tim Follin was cursed, his music was mostly in shit games, Plok and some other being the exception.

He broke that curse himself by MAKING the newest game his music was in

>How is Yoshi's Island badly designed?
Watch any speedrun of it.

Rayman 1 has some moments I'd say are unfair. Also you can't run for the first part of the game.

Again I never stated my opinion. You're female aren't you?

>You're female aren't you?

100% with my own cock and balls and hairy chest.

They have the autism title so yeah it's a girl (male) likely

>You're female aren't you?
I might be, what of it?

Can't even impersonate me right. What a retard

It'll be years before you can even properly pretend to be me, impostor.

>Watch any speedrun of it.
Answer the question, dont try to fucking bail out on your arguments by pointing people in other direction, faggot.

I found you, fakers!

Faker? I think you're the fake OP around here. You're comparing yourself to me? Ha! You're not even good enough to be my fake.

I'll make you eat those words!

Stomping poles to find hidden red coins does not make a good game. It's a gimmick that's a novelty exactly once but gets recycled throughout the entire game. It adds absolutely nothing to the game but pad the time it takes to beat a level.

>It's a gimmick that's a novelty

So you're just parroting buzzwords and somehow you contradict yourself by pointiong out speedruns that dont always require to complete optional objectives, just to make it to the end fast, kay got it bye.

Bitch.

What was your first vydia purchase Sup Forums?

Preferably dates and backstory would be nice.

I got this when I got my first CC. I needed the best memory for my PSP and got this. Card only had 300 bucks.

Retarded, I know.,,

>see this game in a video from some underground youtube channel
>suddenly see it fucking everywhere

YI speedruns are 100%. But you don't want to put effort in your posts so why should I give you the attention?

>not posting the best one
youtube.com/watch?v=eHy6vEbh464

and the other amazing one
youtube.com/watch?v=FRWNOUJCyjc

>YI speedruns are 100%

Then there's nothing wrong with them, you're just being a little bitch that needs to get good instead of repeating buzzwords like an autism ridden parrot.

Plok Vs Rayman Vs Dynamite Headdy

Who wins the limbless 2D platformer battle?

I love Plok, it's one of my favorite games, but objectively speaking it is deeply flawed.

All we know is that Nintendo rejected a collab with Software Creations on Plok with the reasoning that they were already working on a similar game, and the creators have speculated that it's YI. Even if they did, who cares? Yoshi's Island is better.

When there's so many brilliant 2D platformers on the SNES, why would you settle for the merely 7/10?

>tfw we got a webcomic instead of a proper sequel

So you'd rather have a game that fails to live up to your expectations? Like Nick said to Roo "let it go, let it go".

The current owners of Plok take forever to put out games, but they're all fairly high quality.

Besides, this was made in a week by one person. youtube.com/watch?v=ofsOYKYOP0A