When I was 14 my favorite DS game was The World End with You, I´ve replayed it...

When I was 14 my favorite DS game was The World End with You, I´ve replayed it, it´s still a really good game but with the years you realize that it´s edgy as fuck.

>edgy
You need to be older than 18 to post here, user.

>edgy
It isn't edgy at all. It's just teen-angst. It's pretty gay though

I loved this game as a kid, helped get me into RPGs, I should really play it again for max comfy

I´ve passed some years ago the Linking Park fase

The MC is an angsty little shit at the beginning but he gets better.

Overall the characters in that game were top tier. One of the best games I've ever played.

>Linking
>Linkin Park is bad
End this fucking meme

What's the meaning of edgy?

you know when a characters is always sad, he´s always saying that the world doesn´t understand him/her and behaves in a weird way...well, that´s edgy.

No, that's angst. If you want edgy, Hatred is a better example.

Then the game isn't edgy, the character is edgy. And in this game he is taught being edgy is retarded

>Sequel never
It hurts

is the mobile version worth it?

I see... so is buzzword in english.

No user, edgy would be a character getting angry that the world doesn't understand him and then he'd get a machine gun and shoot pregnant ladies

True, I haven´t explained myslef properly

I'm sorry that your sensibilities are so fragile that a teenager being awkward skirts their boundries, op.

Well the entire purveying theme of the game is that being an edgy faggot doesn't make you cool, it makes you a loser. The game is anti-edge.

Yes, the messages is positive, you need people arround you, but the style, some parts of the ost and some phrases are just a little bit edgy.

You have insulted someone randomly on internet because of yes, congrats, sure interpool is looking for you right now

The main theme is that the world ends with you, ain't it; so get out there and enjoy yourself. And don't worry about people not understanding you, they're never going to, and you're never going to understand them, so make do with the best you can do (or something)
Also anyone know what Hanekoma says in the Japanese version when he tells Neku that the world ends with him? I assume it's the same as that's probably where they got the title from, but just curious.

I don't trust SE to make a competent sequel anymore.
The time frame for a possible good sequel has long passed

You missed the entire point of the game.

Yes but Neku has closed off the scope of his world by being an edgy faggot, thus making him a loser. These things are not mutually exclusive.

Also, in the 100% ending you get picrelated.

The main character is edgy and the entire story is about him becoming less edgy.

This is why I never take anyone here seriously. They're always phoning in buzzwords, and even worse, still use them incorrectly.

>tfw no sequel
>tfw you will never play the reaper's game

ive always wondered what would happen if a dead guy went into a shop, and died there

I couldn't play this shit because of the garbage angsty protag, noose him

That sounds too familliar and I'm sure I haven't 100%'d the game. Isn't that just the default ending?

Sounds more emo/angst to me. Edgy would be corny one liners like "they don't know suffering YET", shit you say to get a rise out of people. Unnecessarily confrontational and kind of childish about it.

>hurr it's angst not edge
they're literally the same thing in this day and age, nobody uses the former anymore

Wasn't it some personal trauma like a death that turned Neku into a loner in the first place?

Of all edgy teenage protagonist, Neku is probably my favorite.

His inner thoughts are actually funny.

>main character gets called out on his asocial tendencies and told multiple times to lighten up and fucking interact with people for a change
>edgy

you're dumb

what

>Shiki will forever be advertised as Eri instead of her qt original form

Neku's definitely an emo given "must supress emo urges" is a line in Another Day, which yeah it's an alternate version of him, but that's why he's supressing them I guess
>because everyone misues a word it's not misuse
While I get that words change meaning due to use, I'm still not happy about blatant misuse of words; especially when it's just broadening the meaning of the word, which makes the world less useful as you no longer have a word to mean that specific thing

you're literally a pedantic autist

He closed off his world because he indirectly killed his friend and never forgave himself

It's a good port if that's what you're asking. I have it and it runs and plays exactly the same except you don't need to worry about mashing a D-Pad.
It has microtransactions for food if you wanna spend a buck to give yourself an unfair advantage for some reason.

Fuck you, i enjoyed LP till minutes to midnight.

>It's a good port if that's what you're asking. I
>literally cut out half of the battle mechanics that tied into the lore and story of the game
>slow as sin
>good port
Who thought it was a good idea to put a dual screen game centered around partners on a single screen platform?

>Indirectly kill friend
>Become edgy angsty faggot
>Close off world
I don't see why it's this one or the other thing with you guys.

They don't really though. The battle mechanics are still there, you just switch between them. That's why I said it was a good port, because it still includes the things that are in the base game, except slightly changed for mobile/tablets.
I never had a problem with it being slow? What kind of shit flip phone are you using? Loading the game takes maybe ten seconds and then there's no slowdown from that point on.
...Have you even played it or are you just retarded?

>They don't really though.
Yes, they do user.
They only mechanic retained for battles is Neku's half your other partner warps in and and you control them like you would a pin which like I said messes with the whole idea of noise straddling two planes of existence which is why you need a pact to begin with. Having them as a glorified pin tramples that idea.
Hell Sync attacks are just glorified mini games.

>I never had a problem with it being slow? What kind of shit flip phone are you using?
>he thinks speed is just referring to performance.
They cut Neku's speed you dumbass to simplify it for phones.

>...Have you even played it or are you just retarded?
Have you actually played the original? The phone port gutted the game.

I played it on my phone with the DS emulator

Wait, how does the eden set work if there's no active partner?

Do you think it was a better experience than just playing the mobile version?

That's pretty much what the whole game is about, Neku learning that being a moody faggot is shit

How do you play the game twice and completely miss it's message? Do you just go through the motions with your brain off?

I haven't played the mobile version so I have no idea how it compares.

It was certaily not optimal, since all the inputs are touch and you need to stack touch upon touch and the dual screen makes everything smaller which adding the fact you have to use your fat fingers instead of the DS pen makes things a bit awkward. I still managed to play it through though so it's good enough if you want to play the game. Again, I haven't tried the mobile version so that may just be the same thing but easier on mobile.

The gameplay is AIDS and the art makes me want to puke.

See if you weren't a nigger; you would've said cancer instead of aids.

>there are people who defend the mobile port