Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen Expert Guide

So, I'm looking for this. No I don't read Japanese. My first project is to find this, in print or in PDF. Once I get my hands on it, my second project is to get it translated. Any anons in here have a PDF of it? Short of two Japanese sites (of which I cannot know how legit they are) I can't find it for sale in print with a reasonable price thus far. By reasonable I mean less than 40 USD. Ebay has them all at 60 USD and up. I'm not really willing to blow that much on a game guide, hell I don't typically buy game guides at all. This is a special case.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BKS25IM-NXg
amzn.asia/avXP73p
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/366440/volume1/
chic-pixel.com/2016/08/how-to-make-an-ebook-japan-account-to-download-free-manga/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.ebookjapan.ebireader
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sadly no, but good luck, user. Have a bump.

Thankya. I honestly don't expect any results but there's no harm in trying. I might actually have better luck getting it translated between anons here and a few other contacts I have (being a bit of a weeb and all). This is by no means a short term project I know that much. Unless I shell out money to get it translated which kind of defeats the purpose.

Pity bump.
Sequel when?

Never, Capcom is already making preparations to convert MH into DD-lite with its upcoming 5thGen

Likely never sadly. To quote my roommate... "It's Capcom, they don't do cool things anymore."

I wish so much they make a sequel, or at least a spiritual sequel. Kinda sad that all we've got now is the online, and it hasn't even left Japan.

I've also heard some pretty bad things about the online one too. Like cartoon cat head promo items and shit. Then again, MMOs have a tendency to fall to silliness rather quickly. And between that and the fact that they often lack any distinct storyline (due to needing to be infinitely repeatable) and almost always lack that sense of completion (again, they want you to play forever) it's been a long long time since any MMO interested me much. The closest thing to that I can think of that caught my attention was Diablo 3. Oh, Destiny interested me a little as well during its Beta, but it was a totally different game when it was released and I wasn't interested as much anymore. Games that emphasize online play and MMOs in general only interest me these days if I'm playing with close friends, and all of my close friends lost interest in MMOs years ago.

>Dragon's Dogma isn't on Xbone's BC list

But they'll port literally who arcade games, god damnit.

>Make Dragon's Dogma Online.
>Add Pawn system with different AI personalities that are less spammy and interact with one another and bantz.
>Make it so even at the highest level it's not easy to survive outside.
>Make proc gen quests based on the ones of the original DD.
>Make it so there are jobs and meaningful interaction with npcs.
>Got all those items? You can craft shit. Got all those herbs? You can brew potions. See that beast? You can hunt it down and cook the meat with some herbs. Miner is already there and thief is also there, just needs better implementation.
>Make it so some players can take over some forts and castles during events, marry they're husbando/waifu and love them.
>Make a faction system.
>Add some über special skills and make it so one player is the dragon knight. Literally a walking boss who defends the dragon.
>Make a cult faction and bandits so people can be the bad guys, perhaps join them.
>Make holy orders that hunt specific creatures and get specific bonuses.
>Add more choppable pieces on monsters.
>When this is done, you have all the shit you need for a DD2 that will outshine the first on every aspect.

What would you guys add?

>been playing DDO all day

Feels great man

Make the "Online Interaction" part of the game entirely optional. Games that start from "Online" tend to suck for story. Games that have "Online" as a side dish however can be bloody amazing. Look at the Souls games, and early Halo, Diablo, Fable 3, the list goes on. These are games that did "Online Multiplayer" and "Online Community" right.

Are there any good English ones? Or is reading Japanese pretty much a requirement? I still haven't played it but if I'm able I'm willing to at least give it a try. Which is more than I can say for... like any other MMO since D&DOnline.

There is fan created translation packs. They translate the bulk of the important stuff like main quest, abilities, controls, etc but the entire game isn't translated.

Vindictus did this in an enjoyable way, despite the uglyass grindfest.
Speaking of which. Add breakable armor.
Nothing screams more "I've just had the most fucking amazing battle of all time" like a character with his gear all battered up. Besides, lewd sells.

>Like cartoon cat head promo items and shit.
I have no idea how did those felyne masks exploded into a meme in nipland.

Will the ones I've seen as quest rewards in DDO are utter trash and pointless to use. Even on your pawn

youtube.com/watch?v=BKS25IM-NXg
boob physics

PS: Dragons Dogma did good with the online portion as well. It could have done more, but when it comes to online too little is almost always better than too much, so long as the single player story is still good.

Might be worth it then. I mean, I'd love to eventually learn Japanese, but due to mixture of not enough money, not enough focus, and not enough motivation, I haven't yet. One of those wasn't a factor recently and I had a plan to learn to speak Japanese at least while I worked, unfortunately I won't be able to do that anymore. I planned to use glasses with bone conduction speakers in them to listen to the Pimsleur Approach in my factory job, while still being able to wear my ear protection. But life kicked my ass again so it's back to square one.

>Add breakable armor.
Depends on how they do this. There's nothing worse than getting your awesome loadout finally perfected only to have one or more pieces break and vanish. I don't mind having them be damaged, but too many games have the break and vanish system, which means if you're unlucky or just not prepared enough you might just lose your favorite gear, and people have ragequit games for far less. I've never played Vindictus, but the many of the few MMOs I enjoyed in the past were Nexon games so they have a better track record than most in my book.

Oh, and as a Final Fantasy Fanboy (mostly retired) probably the most painful MMO to ever come out was FFXI... Between that, XIV, the sequel-itis, and all of Crystal Chronicles, Squeenix has betrayed me way too much. There were some "not terrible" moments since Square's last year, but pretty much since their last year before Squeenix everything they churned out was a disappointment. Only the Ivalice games weren't a complete waste of money, and even then I have complaints. Seriously, the moment they tried making an MMO I died inside. Kingdom Hearts was their last good thing before the merger.

Pretty much every time I encounter something like that I have to take a moment to consider the guy who's job it is to handle that. I know they didn't actively animate it in most cases, but still, to have to sit and design the entire 3D model and anchor each part to a skeleton... It's not surprising that the physics of some parts get weird. It's even less surprising in the more mature and strange games.

>break and vanish system
Hell no. I meant the break and armor looks all torn up and has 50% less def or something.
Can you give us a quick rundown on the game? How different is it? What's better than DD? What's worse? What's new?

Is it weird that I wish I could give that thing an in-game mastectomy?

So combat wise it's more or less the same. Same skills, abilities and vocations. I haven't researched if there is a level cap and if so how it affects min maxing. There are quests for days. Just quests on top of quests.

Two type of quest rewards. Those that complete automatically, typically giving money and rift crystals, and quests where the rewards are sent to a storage box. Speaking of storage box the armor and equipment load out for you and your pawn are handled at the storage chest. No changing on the fly.

They updated the crafting system which your main pawn does now. Good way to get things done while you're offline. Pawns have more options to then in terms if tone of voice, style of speaking and how often they speak.

Quests are a whole different animal. There's the main story quest. Personal quests and world quests. You gain knowledge of the area you're in as you're questing and killing shit. This in turn increases the types of quests that will become available to you in the area you're in

To be continued.

Arisen MD
>I've spent my entire career battling the breast cancer plaguing the monsters of Lestania. This is my story.

why
not
bring
this
to
the
west
?

see

out of curiosity, why? are you training to be a professional translator or something?

I really liked DD online's graphics, character creation (for you and your pawns) and character movement, but everything else sucks.

I'm continuing

The world quests are repeatable quests in the area you're in. Some are locked behind a level or area knowledge. Essentially go from a to B to c killing or retrieving monster or finding goods quests with nice rewards. The rewards have a chance to go into really nice rewards and you won't know until you get the completion reward.

There are also new delivery quests. There are delivery mailboxes all around the towns and cities and stuff. Quests will have it be like "deliver 5 insect venom" which you can go turn in once you have the required amount. Questing in general seems miles ahead of DD:DA especially with location and identifying specific objectives or creatures.

The entire keyboard and mouse control system got overhauled after DD:DA and its a million times better.

Inventory space is extremely limited but there is storage space for fucking days.

Leveling seems pretty quick with a good mix of main story and personal quests.

They said they wanted to, perhaps on 2017.
Sounds like they're going on the right direction so far. Pretty good.
Now they're at it, and since they get stuff from Greek mythology and shit I'd love to see a Medusa boss.

If DDO is any indication of the direction, in terms of the core game play stuff like questing and the zone and stuff then DD2 is going be fucking amazing.

I want a goddess dragon to take my heart!

It seems they changed combat against larger creatures some. You can stun them while their enraged to knock them over for free easy hits for days.

Orcs can suck the fattest dick in the world.

While therw are pawns and you can run a full pawn team it seems more geared towards multi-player but it isn't rammed down your throat which I like.

Nothing like that. Mostly just that this is the first game in a while that I've really enjoyed and it's just something I'd like to do. I won't be able to read it or translate it personally, but even the untranslated content might be helpful for maps and the like at least. And if I can find someone to translate it, even a little, it might shed some light on some questions I have that the existing online resources can't seem to answer. There might also be some hidden lore stuff in it, some game guides I've seen have had some. So overall it's just a curiosity project.

It does have an added bonus if/when I learn to read Japanese as a tool I can use to learn more though. But the odds are quite low that I'll use it for that. Heh, I'm more likely to become a full time graphic designer or character designer than I am to get that far with reading Japanese.

Water God's Altar was built by lizardmen.
I just made that up.

>implying DD2 is ever happening
DDO is here to stay. Enjoy your updates and expansion packs!

Oh Oglaf. Though methinks you should have spoilered that at least, just in case

It's not a stretch to believe it. Maybe some sort of ancient and more intelligent ancestor to Saurians. This Proto-Saurian was likely exterminated by humans because that's a thing humans tend to do. Either that or they pissed off the Dragon really badly lol. So the few survivors had to go into hiding and interbreed and perhaps even breed with large wild lizards to survive, thus their rapid decline in intelligence into common monsters.

Fuck Yeah I will. Glad I went through getting it all setup this morning. Didn't take long either.

Thanks for the review, user. I'll be sure to install soon.

If you like DD:DA there is pretty much no reason why you shouldn't play / enjoy DDO

if used is okay amzon jp
amzn.asia/avXP73p

hey guys whats a good level to start bbi (on normal)

Do it faggot.
As soon as you face the dragon or the drake. If you are underlevelled you will fix that on your own, after a few kills.

>30
Git on mah level faggot. I was running through there like a madman naked with unenhanced Rusted weapons at level 4. Run to the Helix and knock shit off edges, or dive into the Rotunda and knock shit off edges. Power leveling at its finest. Bonus points if you do it in Hard Mode with a pair of Rings of Perseverance.

You know, playing any of the yellow classes in this game kind of makes it too easy. After all the training the Souls games have given me, I don't have a problem staying alive. My pawns do though kek.

Play alone and no buying consumables game. Makes the game intense. Also not save scumming. Got the extra challenge I needed with this.

OP, you could try getting an ebook version from ebookjapan. Like under 10 bucks or something. Some ebook retailers put region locking on their books, but ebookjapan doesn't do this as far as I've heard.
ebookjapan.jp/ebj/366440/volume1/
chic-pixel.com/2016/08/how-to-make-an-ebook-japan-account-to-download-free-manga/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.ebookjapan.ebireader

I barely ever use consumables already. I bought some once, when I went to challenge the Drake the first time, didn't use a single one, most of the time I just pick up everything and dump it in my storage. Oh and I haven't enhanced anything yet. I also tend to forget that my support pawns need to be leveled, so they're generally half my level already lol. They're mostly loot mules anyways, I just load them up and throw them to the Brine or something at random.

Rather than region locking, what I mean is some places like amazon japan try to restrict sales to within Japan.

So I have the original Dragon's Dogma. No money to buy Dark Arisen. What am I missing out on anyway? Still worth starting a new game?

You're missing out on a whole new multi-layered dungeon with the strongest enemies, best gear, and best areas in the game.