You know you have to buy it for them to actually release Yakuza 6, right? Are you going ti get it, Sup Forums?

You know you have to buy it for them to actually release Yakuza 6, right? Are you going ti get it, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/20170515_rt2020_e_final.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Of course i will, i bought every Yakuza game and i won't stop now, No matter how many times Sup Forums tells me how "shit" K and 6 are

>K is a remake of the original
>6 has Takeshi Kitano
>either of them having the ability to be shit

I was going to buy because I never played the original

reminder kiwami is still not the definitive way to play yakuza 1 and you should play the ps2 version first

The first Yakuza is the only Yakuza game I've played.
Is it ok for me to play 0?

They already announced that 6 is getting a western release though.

>$24 with a prime order

Yea this ones a no brainer.

Sure, it could be weird playing the rest of the games afterwards though since 0 has the best gameplay

>implying that extremely poor sales of Kiwami wouldn't "delay" and then cancel the release.

That's exactly how I felt when I saw it pop up on my dashboard. I didn't even hear the NA release announcement, but that's a steal.

That logic doesn't work on me anymore.

Do you not want Kiwami? Memes aside I'm really wondering if people have issues with it.

Bump

nope, stop your shilling

Both Kiwami and 6 are trash, with 6 being worse.

Botched remake.

Takeshi is barely in 6.

Already preordered

Great, i'll buy them

Kinda surprised at how much fun the idolshit in 5 has been.

Not saying not to buy them, just don't get your hopes up. They're nowhere near as good as Zero.

Not him but honestly that's fine. I like Yakuza enough that a weaker game isn't going to mean I don't still enjoy it.

It's £25, of course I'll get it

pre-ordered on amazon weeks ago, can't wait even if it isn't as good as 0.

Name one thing it does worse than the original, Goro fights don't count

That didn't really stop me from enjoying all the other games either

>Takeshi is barely in 6.
what?

Kiwami just has terrible music and boss fights. You're forced to lose to Majima early on, and he is doesn't feel like a mysterious threat like he did in the first game. He's treated like an annoying ass clown who keeps popping up.

You don't feel like the dragon of dojima, you feel like a chump as you did in zero.

6 is just 3 all over again except Hanuka gets ducked. 6 is also shorter than 3.

0 was my first and made me a believer, so yes.

Playing Yakuza 0 as my first Yakuza game right now, not very far in yet, I just did the first boss fight against Kuze

I'm loving it so far, everything about this game is cool as shit

Is it worth playing the rest of the series after, and is the gameplay really that much worse than 0 in them

He's in like 4-5 scenes.

Boss fights.

6 was already confirmed for localization.

I hope they announce Ishin this E3

>name on thing it does worse
>this one thing doesn't count

>gameplay really that much worse than 0 in them
Literally the same in most games, Yakuza 0 introduced multiple styles instead of having one huge style

lmao

Of course I will, the game is $30

No you don't. 6 is already being localized regardless of Kiwami sales.

>Is it worth playing the rest of the series after, and is the gameplay really that much worse than 0 in them
Yes and it's different. You have to understand that 0 is a culmination of years of them trying different things and adding new stuff all the time. Tons of the Heat actions you get even in 2 and 3 aren't even seen in 1 (Though Kiwami should have them), all the Red Heat stuff isn't introduced until 3 along with the Essence of Fear, you couldn't even reliably backhand or backkick people (Where you press away from you + attack and do that swift hit in the middle of a combo) until 3 or 4, in 2 you could do it but it was still very iffy. There's also less Weapon Heat actions, for example in 0 the tea kettle has a unique Heat action but even all the way to 4 (Don't know about 5) it just uses the generic small weapon one where you keep smacking the guy over the head with the weapon.

The general gameplay is the same regarding punching, kicking, and Heat stuff, but the amount of variation increases as the games go on. Style changing was only a thing in Kenzan and Ishin and 0 was the first time it was actually used how it was. In the other games Kiryu had one style and one style only, you just had a massive array of Heat actions you learn as the games progressed via Revelations and Komaki.

I've always been interested in the series but never got around to starting from 1. Then i heard 0 was a good starting point. Loved the shit out of the game.

I would play the shit out of the whole series before K releases, but 1 and 2 are impossible to get since its ps2 and 3 isnt in psn.

This series is so insanely overrated. Out of almost a dozen games, it only has 2 good entries.

Did you end up finishing 4 yet?

Yep, a couple days ago, Dead Souls tomorrow though I'm worried about that framerate and 100% on Dead Souls mode sounds like it's going to be rough.

I don't own a PS4 yet. Still buying it when it comes over.
Yakuza games on PC when?

>2 good entries
>Yakuza 2,isshin, 0

Kek, gotta love how everyone suddenly starts disliking the series

Nice. Working my way through 5. Aside from most of the second chapter, I've really liked it.

Anyone know if Yakuza 6 will have steelbook?

Not counting Ishin as it isn't localized, and the gun ruins the entire game.

Probably. 3, 4, 0 and Kiwami had steelbooks

>play as a member of a Japanese crime organizations

Explain why I should be playing as bad guys?

>"PS4 Console Exclusive Game"
>which basically means "you can get this on another device *ie PC*"
>Sega then said "PC is our most profitable platform and will look into restructuring to maximize profits"

>they STILL
>STILL
>TWO THOUSAND AND FUCKING SEVEN TEEN
>REFUSE to put anything that isn't an ages old last gen port on PC because of "licensing issues ;)"

Literally what's their fucking problem?

It's not as good as people let on, honestly.

1 is a clunky mess.
2 is decent.

3,4,5 are all bad games.

Zero is decent.

Kiwami and 6 are back on being trash.

Why should I buy this on PS4 when sega strongly hinted towards a PC release?

When?

Dunno, i had fun with all of them, that's what conts to me. Deadly Premoniton is also a horrible game if we go by that logic, but i loved it

Your love is subjective.

A few days ago.

You must hate a lot of videogames out there

I don't think they were in America though

Why would they invest money in PC ports when these games sell like shit in the west?
Japanese people only play on consoles.

But they were, you couldn't get the business edition in EU

Sony funded localizations for some of them, it would be counterintuitive for them to release on a competing platform.

I've only played Zero and I have no why those guys want to be yakuza. Seems like everybody just wants to fuck you over. On the other hand, real estate and cabarets seem like great career options.

One of them.

Sony funded Yakuza 5 and even offered some translators for localizing 0. Dunno about Kiwami.

I don't hate anything. Many of the games in the series just aren't that great. It's fans just think it's the Jesus Christ of video games, and it annoys the shit out of me.

Proof they were? At the time I heard nothing of the sort and even now trying to reseaarch anything I only see the UK and AU getting them

Not really, a lot of people like the series, but noone says it's perfect

nothing states a PC release for Yakuza

>expand existing IPs and obtain new IPs for North American and European PC games
>picture of Yakuza / Persona 5

Are you legit retarded or are you going to tell me that "and" doesn't mean "and"?

>Sup Forums says it's the best niche series ever
>get into it
>games are all the same shallow shit
>zero is the only half decent title that still shares a lot of problems with the older games

It's hilarious that 6's combat goes back to being a clunky mess again.

Nothing states PC release. You're just grasping.

You know what. Okay. If that's what you want to believe then be my quest.

How's Akiyama's chapter? He's my new favorite character, especially after the Hana returns epilogue scene. Also, is the enemy spawn rate really as bad as people were complaining about? I feel like 6 is bordering on excessive since there's like two basically around every corner but it's still tolerable there.

>We will never have a Zach prequel game.
>We will never have a Zach sequel game.
One can only hope.

4 is not a steelbook in the US, only PAL regions got 4 and Dead Souls in steelbook form. 0 was never a steelbook according to Google, it just comes with a steel business card holder with the Business Edition. Kiwami is the first time we get a steelbook for Yakuza in the US. I'm not sure if 3 had a steelbook in PAL either.

How about you go on a quest to kill yourself, you illiterate retard.

Oh, so you were just shitposting all along. Who'd see that one coming?

Akiyama's chapter is cut in half to make way for Haruka's garbage.

they already said they're bringing over yakuza 6

I see no proof Yakuza 3 ever had a steelbook at least outside japan. Wish 6 had a steelbook

link

nothing in that picture points to a PC release

if anything Yakuza falls under revival of major IPs

Yeah because Yakuza 6 and Persona 5 both had their last game in 2016. It's obvious that both of those fall under "revival of major IPs".

segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/20170515_rt2020_e_final.pdf

>Yakuza is all about MUH LOYALTY!
>betrays you as soon as you turn your back

That hasn't stopped them from localizing the games for the PS4 in the first place.

Bear in mind that Sega considers sales of PC games at sub-20 dollars to be profitable, and they consider five digit sales of niche console games good. Porting shouldn't be that big of an issue, especially since the two pieces of hardware are so similar in the end. We're not porting to the NES.

I can confirm no Business Edition in AU.

But Dead souls had a steelbook, too.

>That hasn't stopped them from localizing the games for the PS4 in the first place
Actually it did for a very long time.
They only started localizing again after Yakuza 4 because Sony offered them money.

No because the Yakuza games are mediocre.

It'll probably become Asia only english where we get horrible Singapore English

You really are an illiterate retard.

How do you know

Atlus is also a contributor to all of this.

However, while 0 had Atus localizing the game, Deep Silver is localizing Kiwami to the best of the my knowledge.

>"wah wah please don't make my exclusive toy multiplat because it loses imaginary value for me"

No, you're just trying to bend reality so you feel less shitty about yourself.

Yes, they're been talking about reviving Yakuza in the west for a while now. This is why they're bothering releasing Zero. Kiwami, and 6.

Why are you completely ignoring persona 5? Yakuza has been getting games in the west pretty frequently aswell.

You're an idiot. I couldn't care less if Yakuza comes to PC or not. I've already emulated 1 and 2, and they were nothing special.

k

Haven't gotten to do a lot of Akiyama's stuff yet, most of chapter 3 is focused on Haruka. It doesn't seem like the encounter rate is that bad, though there have been a few cases where two are practically on top of each other.

Because Persona hasn't had a mainline title for 9 years.

Akiyama shares POV duties with Haruka but has enough side-content to make up for it. His combat is also a lot better this time around, with a larger focus on speed and juggling.

A bit of a shame. He felt fun to use in 4 and had some really fun Heat moves (The downed full force kick to the face is so satisfying every time) so I don't really see what needed to be improved really, but now you've got me wanting to play it more.

Sorry to make you butthurt. Your poor man's Shenmue is nothing special.