It's time to discuss the greatest antagonist of all time

It's time to discuss the greatest antagonist of all time.

nobody played long enough to know that

Even if they did they wouldn't know, it's a DLC.

>tfw i level solashit up all the way

what?

I havent paid a single bit of attention to him, in the end i was like "Oh okay" and forgot about it. What's great about him?

He's right, that's what.

>Bioware baited tumblr audience with alt-right husbando

What an ugly character.

Ugly on the outside, ugly on the inside. Exactly what american media always taught me.

>DLC
lel k

The deceit of Fen'Harel itself--known as the Great Betrayal--is sometimes described as a truce suggested by the Dread Wolf,[9] and other times as a hunt by the Creators and Forgotten Ones in the Heavens and the Abyss, respectively, for a blade Fen'Harel promised would stop a war.[10] It may even have been a bid by Fen'Harel to rule the Fade--or even Elvhenan itself--without the interference of the other elven gods.[11]

Some evidence suggests the Betrayal was a much more complicated situation than originally believed. Cryptic conversations between Cole and Solas do not deny that Fen'Harel sealed away the other gods. However, they seem to imply that the Dread Wolf may have felt he had no choice in doing so, that in fact it was a decision made with great regret in order to save them and the elven people from internal war and civil strife, and that he expected the future to be better for the elves and was shocked to find it otherwise.[12]

Abelas also indicates that Mythal was murdered, not sealed away, and that the Dread Wolf was not responsible for what happened to her.

Following the initial events of the Exalted Council and the attack by the Dragon's Breath conspiracy, The Inquisitor learns that the "Fen'Harel", or "Dread Wolf", was a mantle given to Solas by the Evanuris. He took it up in his fight against the "false gods" of the pantheon. Following their murder of Mythal, he banished them by forming the Veil. The destruction and dissipation of the elven people and their culture and marvels as a result of this caused the Dalish legends to view the act as a betrayal, while according to Solas "every alternative was worse."

Quick rundown:

>Fen'Harel led a rebellion against the other elven gods known as the Evanuris. His original name, however, was Solas. Though meant to be an insult, Solas took the name "Dread Wolf" as a badge of pride, as it inspired hope in his friends and fear in his enemies as he fought against the false gods of the pantheon - in reality, mortal mages - called the Evanuris.

>In their lust for more power, the other Evanuris murdered Mythal, whom Fen'Harel saw as the best of "the first of [his] people," a voice of reason and one of the only decent beings among the elven pantheon. As punishment, Fen'Harel was driven to create the Veil, banishing the Evanuris forever in torment and causing the legend of his supposed betrayal. Furthermore, Solas claims that had he not banished the Evanuris, they were sure to destroy the world.

>During the height of the Evanuris' power, Fen'Harel fought as a powerful protector and rebel who worked to free slaves bound by vallaslin and granted them sanctuary from their tyrannical masters. His people defended the valley in which the sanctuary sat, and he protected them all. Many the Dread Wolf freed joined him in his fight for freedom from the gods.

>In contemporary times, Solas' unswerving dedication to restore the elves' glory has amassed him many followers among the elven populace across Thedas. None can guess how vast the agents of Fen'Harel are, but many of them span across Thedas and some were even embedded in the Inquisition. Fen'Harel hopes to restore the People and the world to what it was--the world of the ancient elves--even if it means destroying Thedas and its people, including modern day elves. This had in fact been his initial plan: to use the Orb of Fen'Harel, as well as the Inquisitor's mark (which would not kill him), to remove the Veil and restore the People after Corypheus died unlocking its power.

>can't go with him and make things right even if you were his cocksleeve slut through out the game
I am still salty as fuck, bioware could show at least some balls and let you do that, it is not like they would make another DA in a decade for it to matter.

>tfw you will never bear his supreme primordial celestial seed

This - I actually beat the game, did all of the sidequests possible that didn't bug out. I didn't buy any DLC because while the game was okay, it was not worth spending more money on.

>he think he needs to buy dlcs to play them
It is bioware we are talking about, user

If I'm not willing to pay for it, I'm not really interested in spending my time on it. I have enough of a backlog already.

>If I'm not willing to pay for it, I'm not really interested in spending my time on it

this is the most american thing i've ever heard

I liked him being the antagonist, but I don't like Dragon Age going for more WORLD SHATTERING EPIC FANTASY STORY shit.

DAO wasn't. The darkspawn could mess up a whole region but there were other bands of gray wardens so it's not world destroying, just country destroying.

DA2 sure as fuck wasn't. As bad as so much of that game is, I really appreciated the smaller scale story.

DAI is, and then it's setting up DA4 to be more of the same. I almost wish that DA4 would have you play some tertiary character while someone else is the big damn hero doing world saving shit but I know there's no way in hell they would do it because reviewers and (Bad) players would complain about it.