Sup Forums told me the dungeons in BoTW were bad

>Sup Forums told me the dungeons in BoTW were bad
>turns out they're creative erections and a masterclass in non-linear level design
>can't think of anything remotely similar to them except for the colossi in SotC

Why is Sup Forums always wrong?

ruta a best

>creative erections

>creative erections

First time was cool. Interesting. Wow! Shit got stale really quickly for me though. I mean why didn't they just add a little bit of the old with the new? All dungeons felt the same. Boss fights were good though

>"...creative erections..." -Anonymous, May 16, 2017

>creative erections

>creative erections
include me in the screencap

Nice evading the question guys.

Honestly, they don't actually feel all that complex.
Not much about them interlink, and the majority of the terminals are just blocked by singular puzzles, mostly doable in whichever order you wander in.

Previous Zelda games have had more interwoven aspects to dungeons.
Ocarina of Time's Water Temple had you controlling the water level throughout, which limited greatly where you could navigate until you found the longer hookshot.

Link's Awakening's Eagle Tower saw you navigating twisting corridors, up and down floors with switches that open and close paths, as you worked to demolish pillars that collapsed an entire floor so you can reach the end. The dungeon exclusive item is merely helpful in reaching the next dungeon too.

The Temple of Time in Twilight Princess worked in two directions, on the way to a point and then a way back, with the dominion rod now allowing you to transport a statue from one end to a central point. Each room took on a new meaning on the way back thanks to it.

Honestly, a lot of the dependency for puzzle design in BotW is "You have a nice physics engine", and little of it works on a grander scale than the individual components.
You don't notice this problem as much during the individual shrines, they're usually quite well focused in that regard.
On closer inspection the divine beasts handle more like a bunch of shrines glued together, using that basic control mechanism. Of all of them Vah Nabooris probably had the most complexity.

Faggots got mad because there were only 4 dungeons + Hyrule castle. Then again they forget to name awesome shrine quests like Eventide Island and Typhlo ruins which are far more interesting than your average Zelda dungeon.

user, I haven't even played the game. What do you want me to do, make something up?

>erection: a building or other upright structure

spotted the uncultured swines

Elephant and camel were a lot of fun. Bird and lizard were shit tier and way too easy.

>masterclass

These dungeons take less than 30 minutes to figure out. They were glorified shrines.

A flying bird is not an upright structure.

Double Entendre noun
A word or phrase open to two interpretations, one of which is usually risqué or indecent.

?

Well yes, erections.

They're like 20 minutes long. They suck.

>"creative erections"

>puzzle is figuring out the map controls them
>once you figure that out the dungeon becomes a joke
>also only robots a floating skulls for enemies
the dungeons were pretty shit

Gameplaywise they're very good, but too short. Should've had some high level guardians in them instead of just shit tier ones. Instead of shitty guardians they should've had none at all.

>creative erections

That logic applies to previous dungeons in the series too, autist

What's a "creative erection?" Legit question

the only argument autists find against the divine beasts is that "they're too short" which is a fucking bullshit excuse.

jesus christ all these fags trying to get in a screencap because they don't know the meaning of erection
yeah op used it in a stupid way to try to sound smart but it literally just means buildings

Because Sup Forums is Neogaf.

The Divine Beasts are ludo as fuck. Only shit taste plebs don't like them.

I think other zelda's had more than just 2 enemies in all their dungeons. I will give you that the dungeon items in the old game were basically the same as the Map in BOTW though.

The length is the problem, though. They finally kinda broke from the Ocarina of Time dungeon formula, which was a good formula don't get me wrong, but it felt like something new and refreshing. But it's disappointing too because it's over before you know it, and there are only four of them. The rest of the game makes up for it, it's my GOTY, but I really hope they go balls to the wall on bigger dungeon again in the next Zelda.

If they're short then they're not much of a creative erection are they?

I don't understand this complaint. The Bird, which was the shortest one, took me around 45 minutes to finish which is basically the same amount of time than 2D dungeons in previous games. The Camel took me over 2 hours to complete 100% because some chests were a bitch and that's basically over the average time for 3D Zelda dungeons.

>go do vah ruta as first divine beast
>find the lynel and fight him instead of sneaking around like a little bitch
>Have to backflip like a madman, headshot him with every arrow i have and still burn through all my food because after every attack i was at .75 heart.
>eventually kill him after a few attempts
>Go to Vah ruta
>Waterblight ganon is a cakewalk compared to the lynel
I get that the whole "you can control a part of the divine beast to solve puzzles" is cool and all but that's all the dungeons are.

Dungeons in previous games had you use more than one item though

>Dungeons are so fucking short there aren't even mini-bosses
Might as well replaced them with Shrines

OP, you probably misunderstood because you hadn't played them yet.

they're fucking awesome pieces of level design, and fun as hell, but they are in no way zelda dungeons and they don't replace the need for a traditional zelda dungeon

they were far more like huge shrines - which was cool, i loved them. but people were expecting proper dungeons and felt disappointed, and took that out on the beasts

one of them took me about 10 minutes, seriously. the camel did take me more than an hour, but only because i was seriously stumped. there isn't an hour's worth of content in there like a zelda dungeon, they take more time because the puzzles are vastly more detailed / difficult than standard 3d zelda puzzles

This.

Literally did not even touch the boss, just used arrows. These bosses are so fucking underwhelming.

brainlet

The dungeons were great.
Sup Forums will complain about anything.

I know this doujin
It's her leg

Yeah, they were cool and all, but not as good as some other dungeons in the series.

This, they're amazing.

Eh, I enjoyed their concepts, and appreciate Nintendo doing something other than the umpteenth iteration of the fire temple and so on.

The problem was, aside from the Zora and Goron beasts, that whole aspect of the game felt half-finished. The Rito one for example has fuck-all for a pre-beast questline, and infiltrating it actually gets easier as you bomb the turrets. The Gerudo beast does one simple attack you're basically invincible to as long as you're not a retard, while you have plenty of time to bomb its feet. There should have been more to these sequences to ramp up their difficulty.

great but way too short
basically just 5 shrines combined

the bird one took like 10 minutes

stone tower temple took me 30 minutes the first time. the elephant beast took me more time. i guess stone tower temple is trash

Look at this reddit spacing
(space)
Faggot

>which are far more interesting than your average Zelda dungeon.

What a waste of quads, nimrod.

Kill yourself, fucking redditfag, he actually using the shit correctly, each theme had his own paragraph

You just suck, longest one, the lizard took me 45 mins, and that's cause it took me a while to figure out the firewall bit. I kept trying to use the ball to get past, but it wouldn't let me despite blocking the flames. The rest were like 15 mins each.

>stone tower temple took me 30 minutes the first time
Well, you shouldn't have used the strategy guide you scrub.

brainlet spotted. kill yourself already

Kek has spoken, eat a dick fanboy.

>swines
>plural

They were alright but I would rather have actual dungeons. Hyrule Castle was an actual dungeon if you started from the bottom floor and it was probably my favorite part of the game, really well done there. I hope DLC2 adds dungeons.

I'm not the one who thinks BotW dungeons are hard and had to use a strategy guide on MM.

also the lost woods

>follow the wind
>hard

I only liked the bird dungeon, Elephant was meh other two were awful

Va Ruta was the best of the bunch, but the only roadblock in puzzles in this game is forgetting you have your ice power.

They're easy and pretty much on par with other Zelda dungeons, but they're not vast and aesthetic like other 3D Zelda dungeons so they seem underwhelming.

You had to follow the wind for that? I just walked randomly through like 4 times until I got through

You made your first mistake by assuming Sup Forums was one person.

>implying Stone Tower Temple is hard

Getting all the chests in the Lizard is unironically more challenging

People here can't judge a game objectively, that's why games with sexually appealing waifu's but shit or average core gameplay are always held up in such high regard.

The concepts are great and overall I think they're a decent success, but despite their sizes the dungeons themselves are too small and short, aside from maybe Ruta.

If they were twice as big (so the inside of Medoh's wings would be two stories tall and not just one, for example) they would have been a lot more satisfying. Also, too many of the terminals are just too easy to reach, I often overcomplicated things because I expected more of a challenge. Instead, the actual tricky parts tend to be reaching all the chests, which are all entirely worthless and optional when they should instead have contained stuff like keys so those puzzles actually had to be solved.

That explains why you thought that shit was worth mentioning as a "dungeon."

>being autistic enough to collect useless loot from chests in order to artificially increase the difficulty of a dungeon, JUST to win Internet arguments

Getting all the faires in the Stone Tower Temple is more difficult than anything in BotW.

Real talk how many dungeons were in this game

Easy to spot shill thread.

>creative erections

Four 15min dungeons, with rehash bosses, each focused on one of your 4 starting abilities: Elephant: Cryo, Camel: Magnet, Eagle: Stasis, Lizard: Bombs.

The divine beasts are gimmicky dungeons good for only this game. Hyrule Castle is the kind of design that should be the future of the series.

wow kys

Sup Forums is full of babies who grew up with OoT what do you expect

>Sup Forums literally has the personality of a bratty anime loli

They are bad, its the same fucking shit each time, there's only 4 of them, they're extremely small, and they're boring.

I'd rather take something like an LttP or OoT dungeon any day.

Don't get me wrong, BotW is a fun game, but dungeons are not where it shines.

Sup Forums is full of autistic manchildren. They're basically Zelda dungeons without filler which is a good thing.

t. triggered shill

Sorry I made your job harder, but he asked a question, and I gave him an honest answer.

>actual gameplay and content is filler

>i made a bunch of shit up :)
kys yourself

No need to same fag and shill your own posts, autist.

>Posts picture of the easiest one.
These dungeons were nothing. They were super fucking simple and short, and the bosses were just arrow-bait.

Literally the only shitty part of the game.

This is the actual gameplay and content you had in previous Zelda dungeons. Fuck off.

>He literally told it exactly how it is.
>"OMG MADE STUFF UP"

Holy shit, Nintenbros in full force.

What a drone

>posting babies waker
try with an adult zelda

wow I heard Zelda puzzles were hard but this... how did he solve it...

Are you stupid?

They are short though. Considering there only four of them, it's a bad thing. BotW is missing dungeons and don't give me that shrine crap.

They're just super shrines with a boss. There's no sense of danger because the only thing damaging you is one shot fodder that you can stop completely with a single arrow by destroying their portal.

This confused the hell out of me because it was so obvious. Seriously this must've been some programing error from copy and pasting the same room or something.

Wait a minute, those candles...

Don't you have a daughter to save?

This. BotW is good but its dungeons and bosses are not.

But then again this is Zelda and it takes a while until there can be actual discussions about it.
It's good and some right steps in thw right direction but drones go crazy if it's not considered a masterpiece

Is it as good as A Link Between Worlds?

The desert one is a pain and the ass and I actually cheesed it and skipped an entire puzzle but still finished it. You can cheese everything in this game.

I actually look forward to Nintendo realizing some of the flaws, and expanding on BotW in a sequel. Could you imagine a more focused world? I mean, we're literally steps away from 3D LTTP.

I don't.

give source, none of my sleuthing was successful

>Could you imagine a more focused world?

Judging from my boner, I can.
>the future of vidya is bright again
I love 2017 and I'm considering to postpone suicide