Super Space Marines are fucking stupid.

Not the fanbases fault they cant make a decent video game to save their lives

With the easiest fucking material to make a goddamn video game with

i like dawn of war 3.

GW can go fuck themselves

>never supported my army
>ending bit orders
>switching to cheaper materials while raising the price at the same time

Bit orders as in the individual piece orders?

Massive universe.
Multiple races, with tonnes of "deep lore" for each of them.
30 years to start serious video game brands for their IP.
>Whops, there's only really Dawn Of War

They're the fucking worst.

They even got the devs who shat out Ride To Hell Retribution to make a fucking mobile game for them.

What the fuck is wrong with them?

Imagine how fucking amazing it would've been if they originally gave their IP rights to Blizzard so they could've made an actual 40K game instead of Starcraft.

They're so inept, its unbelievable.

same

It has potential but at the moment each race basically has one viable build and as long as you aren't a complete retard Eldar is extremely overpowered. I have a 93% win rate as Eldar and I'm not even that great at RTS games.

What makes it worse is the occasional gleam of what could be if WH40k games had actual effort in them. Space Marine was a pretty enjoyable ride that made you really feel like a lore Space Marine power wise.

and then dropped and forgotten.

That is true, Hoping the balance patch will be substantial.

Kerbal Space Program.

>These b-bolters don't sound right!
>Why can't my be in the game!
Shit game~! 0/10! A literal slap in the face to all the loyal FANS!

Warhammer Total War's adding every WHFB race that had an army book to the game. What's so hard about including stuff like Necrons/Dark Eldar/Space-Marine-Chapters-That-Aren't-Blood-Ravens in 40k games? Why did Dawn of War 3 only launch with 3 races when the first two launched with 4.

>even better, stronger space marines

What is even the fucking point.

What's next? Will Orks get Omega-nobz?

I was tentatively enthused for 8th edition, too.

>never supported my army

SoB players need to hurry up and die off.

>What's next? Will Orks get Omega-nobz?

You don't know about the beast, do you?

>What's next? Will Orks get Omega-nobz?

well they certainly need some monstrous creatures to be like every other army

but all that will most likely happen is that the few non garbage units (all two of em) will be nerfed

kys my man

I know that it was a shitty Black Library series and they shouldn't have anything more to do with it.

Well then you know that superultramegaandincrediblysmart orks already exist and they match up to primarchs.

Having them as an HQ unit isn't the same as a troops/elite choice.

Mega Man

~20 games and still crying like little bitches.

I'm talking lorewise not TT wise, for that at the moment only chaos is getting a counterpart with the new deathguard.

>incrediblysmart

How did you come to that conclusion? The Imperium attacked Ullanor three (THREE) fucking times and each time they reached the Beast's throne room, until the final time when they killed every clan warboss. And the Orks did nothing to prepare for each consecutive invasion.

It was the a classic example of a villain acting stupid so the heroes could win.

Incrediblysmart for an Ork maybe

>I'm talking lorewise

And lorewise, there are no more orks like the Beast. There's foreshadowing that Ghazghkull is on that road but we haven't seen much of him for a while.

40k video games have become more and more shit as time goes by. At this point, it's another way of saying "free money." Relic doesn't know what they're doing anymore. Any 40k game that's come out in the last 6 years has been shit

Space Marine? More like Gears of Warhammer
Space Hulk? Broken Mess that needed a second game to fix the bugs. A SECOND GAME.
Space Wolf? Cellphone game
Carnage? Cellphone game
Storm of Vengeance? Cellphone game
Regicide? Fucking chess with spess mehrins
Drop Assault? Cell phone game. Really the list fucking goes on.
Battlefleet Gothic? It just failed to impress and is pretty much the same shit over and over
Eternal Crusade? Remember when it was called Dark Millenium, and actually looked good, with screen shots of not hollow gameplay and fucking titans?
Deathwing? Yeah thats a weak as fuck FPS and a buggy hot mess
Dawn of War 3? Yeah it's an esports game
Don't forget their failed MOBA too, which was actually good but just didn't go anywhere at all. it got dropped with no reason given

Fuck 40k games. They're dead to me. I don't want to see them anymore. None of them will be good, and I hope they never get made ever again. The industry had a chance to cash in on a great franchise, but instead they used it to grab as much money as possible and run with it. Fuck it. Let it die

Yes I am bitter. Your opinions mean shit to me.

Are you joking? Those orks prepared tricks and traps that normal orks would never have, like the city literally closing into the imperial troops or having enough common sense to send ork diplomats that talked perfect high gothic to the high lords of Terra.

GW are bigger megalomanical jews than any video game company

They're a miniature company. They barely give a shit about video games

Maybe it's because the only decent game in the series was an RTS that came out over 10 years ago.

>Are you joking?

Are you? Ullanor had one trick (the planets crust was mined out and filled with guns and shit) and they used that the first time.

Every time afterwards, the Imperium fought their way to the center of the city, fought an ork clan boss (killing one on the second attempt and all of them on the third), and then left.

Let me put it this way - if one of them had the bright idea to simply not be on Ullanor when the Imperium attacked a third time, the war would have gone very differently.

Like said, they were smart as far as orks were concerned. So that makes them about as bright as an ogryn.

fucking this. It's just sad.

i mean its just kind of a new version of the thunder warriors, could be worse

>The industry had a chance to cash in on a great franchise, but instead they used it to grab as much money as possible and run with it.

The problem is that GW asks a cut of your profits when you use the 40k IP. So if you're some no name developer (like 90% of the devs that make 40k games) then that's an acceptable deal, because you already have a setting and brand recognition that you wouldn't have otherwise.

But a well know, well funded dev isn't going to hand over part of their profit just so they can use Space Marines and Orks, when they can just come up with their own setting and characters, and people will buy it because "Hey it's a game from those one guys whose games I like."

>But a well know, well funded dev isn't going to hand over part of their profit just so they can use Space Marines and Orks, when they can just come up with their own setting and characters, and people will buy it because "Hey it's a game from those one guys whose games I like."

Pretty much why starcraft exists.

>when they can just come up with their own setting and characters
but they don't do that anyways. Devs keep making sequels or rehashes or clones.

>Devs keep making sequels or rehashes or clones.

And those sequels, rehashes and clones make them money that goes straight to their pockets.

Basically this

Game is good but has heavy balance issues, and only 1 game mode

>be me
>Wanna get into Warhammer40k
> Read some lore
>WhatTheFuckThisIsPrettyFuckedUp.jpeg
>See the FPS game or whatever
>say this outta be fun
>Play as Chaos cause edgy
>Fun as fuck but game is just shit
>I like the lore and everything just don't dig the Tabletop game.
Would like a Dumb mmo that's just lore heavy as fuck
what do i do?

Warcraft was going to be Warhammer Fantasy as well.

The games are pretty shit lorewise, unless you want to look into 90s stuff like Final Liberation which is pretty much an emulation of the TT.

And we'd still never have a good 40k mmo. Sucks.

>ungrateful fanbase
Guessing you know literally nothing about the history of GW fucking its own fans.

Play the Fantasy Flight RPGs, basically do nothing but make snow angels in the lore.

PS. I'm naming my next chapter Snow Angels

I don't think you can even take cover in Space Marine

thanks man

40k games are still shit tho, but I love snickers bro

We already had Super Space Marines

Women over 20 who are into Disney.

Done.

but user, these are super DUPER space marines!

not gonna happen faggot

I'm looking forward to Inquisitor: Martyr but I like Neocore more than I should

With a big tuper

glad to help

Not to mention multiplayer just isn't fun anymore. Almost everything is an intense and boring grind. It's worse than the early CoH2 days where Germans were the ultimate Cheese machine that had RNG on their side. And these Elite units just turn the endgame into whoever can spam big tanks with huge AOE attacks supported by anti-armor the fastest.

And of course playing against the AI is just the same. By the time you get enough resources to put out one devestator, they've already swamped your base with all their Elites.

This is like THAT kid that made up bullshit so his toys could beat yours
> BUT MY GUY TRAINED FOR 1000 YEARS WITH GOKU SO HE CAN BEAT YOURS

It's literally because it's a way for GamesWorkshop to introduce truescale marines, i.e. actual size relative to other figures. The guy's in the front are Primaris, while the ultramarine tank hero commander whose name I forgot in the back is regular sized. You can see the size difference.

>make a MOBA and make the artstyle ugly as Fuck and look like a cartoon
>reveal the game when it's in extremely early stages so you actually have plenty of time to fix things if feedback is negative
>feedback is overwhelmingly negative
>don't fix or change anything and continue saying this is the game the audience wants
>surprised that your game fails and is dead in two weeks

Fuck Relic

>reveal the game when it's in extremely early stages

Don't fall for this meme m8, if it's in alpha you can do nothing to drastically change it without scraping the entire project and starting over, though the first footage ever shown was clearly in beta.

this all started when GW kill Fantasy just so they could put Space Marines in

I remember back in the day when something was in Alpha it was just lines crude placeholders taking the space of actual in game objects

Then Alpha-became the new Beta and now it's all about pre-Alpha (which should be nothing but lines of code

>alpha
This meme needs to die.
If your idea is still just that, an idea. A concept. Anything that can't be played, it's an alpha. The moment the game is playable in its most basic state, it's in beta.

alpha is feature complete, beta is content complete

You are falling for Imperial Propaganda from the Imperial Cult. That's part of the theme of 40k of things being extremely shit and horrible yet the Imperium would have it's citizens and soldiers believing things couldn't be better and that their soldiers can shit lightning and destroy planets by clapping. How can you not realize this when people have been constantly hyped up and then die to the weakest of things over the course of 40k's 30 years of story and fluff?

This is real?? Praise Tzeentch

>You are falling for Imperial Propaganda from the Imperial Cult.

You're an idiot. It's marketing material from GW, not an excerpt from a codex.

Fantasy>40k

I'm I the idiot when you see that people are hyped up like crazy and then die to a Lasrifle on the tabletop? Of course when you market something you aren't going to mention how shit it is. You hype it up. This is the case for both in universe and in real life. In universe people believe the God Emperor is a divine being who can destroy all evil, when in reality he got fucked over by his son and is now stuck on a golden toilet on life support because he was such a retard and didn't have a clue how to run the Imperium. A big recurring theme of 40k is propaganda and obviously it went over your head because you believed all the descriptions at face value.

Metroidfags.

Nigga wat. Alpha is for a playable, yet super incomplete build that's riddled with placeholders. Beta is when the game can be played start to finish technically, but has lots of polishing needed.

Hijacking this thread to something a little more positive

What's your favourite chapter and why?

>I'm I the idiot

Yes, you're the idiot. It's not written from an in-universe perspective.

Or do you honestly think the Imperial propaganda machine is writing "Watch Trailer" at the end of every puff piece they release? If Joe Hivedweller clicks it, will it send him to SpaceYoutube, where he can watch the Primaris Marines kick the shit out of some Orks? If the video has grainy cell phone quality footage, is it okay for him to give it a thumbs down, or will that get him a visit from the Adeptus Arbites?

Fucking retard.

Alrighty then Grognard, have a nice day

Still second rate super soldiers....

Astral Knights.

They epitomize the triumph of all Space Marines - victory in the face of overwhelming odds.

>gets absolutely blown the fuck out
>only response is low tier insults

Better luck next time.

Not bashing them, but the Crimson Fists are kinda the same, literally 300 but with Orkz

Nah, my marines betta. They got the mog of the foilet.

Yeah ahaha I was silly :^)

Edit: OMG thx for the upvote!

This. Games Workshop falls into the same catagory as Nintendo when they screwed Sony over. I hope the GW exec that messed up the Blizzard deal was fired on the spot once they saw Starcraft's sales numbers.

Yeah but Orks are entry level enemies. Everyone has killed plenty of orks at this point.

Taking on an entire Necron dynasty, and their planet killing superweapon, is a whole other story.

FUCKING THIS. How hard can it be?

Touché