*CLANK*
*CLANK*
"Spy's a-sappin' mah sentry!"
*CLANK*
"Erectin' a WAHOOOO"

bump for interest

>Wrench 1 hit kills Spy

>Building your shit on public
No wonder people like you get backstabbed.

This. Always build at respawn door.

>Not having the jag
Get get enough and fast enough scrubbie

did they ever fix that thing being half as effective as it was supposed to be?

>get get enough

Dumb Simpsons poster

yes, it's the best wrench now

It's got worse burst healing per swing and does considerably worse against sappers. It's better at getting shit up and running (and relocating), but it's worse at holding your ground especially when focused.

It's gotten pretty nerfed since then though, it's only worth it to use it with the rescue ranger. I fucking hate spies so I stick with stock shotgun, and prefer the stock wrench or southern hospitality

Don't forget to purchase a Tiny Desk Engineer at your local retailer today!

Yer ugly

yeah, it swings faster and also upgrades faster as intended at the cost of not doing so well with getting rid of sappers and healing them.
I personally use eureka effect, make two teleporters, teleport to spawn and use the jag, and then i'm good.

If you're a baby turtle, sure

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY HAWWWWwwwwwwWAAAAAAAAAWww

Thing is your shit in pubs is going to get fucked up because nobody's gonna protect your butt from spam/spies, so the sapper/healing downside ends up not really mattering in my opinion. Only case where I think this is not the case are lasts like upward or badwater.

I still think that shotty/shortcircuit/jag is a really good combo when playing combat engineer, but gunslinger is just more consistant overall if you are just going to play combat engi, that +25 hp is just too good.

GOTCHA FAGGOT

HHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAEEEEEIIIIIIIIEEEE

how to spot a pleb: he doesn't use widowmaker

YOU AUTISTIC LEETLE SHIT

Post deathcams

The sentry part engineer is not satisfying, but providing healing and teleports is oddly. Just building an aimbot machine who does all the work for you is kinda lame, gotta use the wrangler.

>Double tap because I'm using the Southern Hospitality
>Blood starts gushing out of thin air

>spy has cloak and dagger and he's just sitting there doing nothing but spamming voice lines

But is the worst primary for engie , even worse than the pomsom

>Defending the intel
>CnD spy is being cheeky and spamming voicelines
>I spam back
>We're having a good time
>Locate him by mistake with the spy command
>"Oh, merde"
>I schadenfreude at him
>He decloacks, gives me a thumbs up with C+7 and goes away
Sometimes this game is just beautiful

get gud

Maybe if you can't aim, that is.

>widowmaker over RR

i got a trick for that, using the mark 1 ear sensor
no really close your eyes for second and listen closely

>I let my sentry do all the work
*yawn*

>not stock shotgun

>he doesnt fuck people up with the rr
Its like you cant even use projectiles.

>RR + wrangler
>not the best engineer combination
i see you've played a combined total of 10 minutes with engineer
also
>having such bad aim that you can't kill shit with the RR

I'll admit that the only way I play engineer is widowmaker + pistol + gunslinger. Preferably on KOTH.

>RR + wrangler
How long ago did you stop playing? Because you can't repair for jack with the wrangler on now

Stock Shotgun works if you're using the Gunslinger or Eureka Effect. Same thing with the Widowmaker.
RR is a direct upgrade in any other situation though.
I just gone done playing for today, actually. It still works fine, it's just a bit harder to use now because of the Wrangler's repair nerf. It's still the best combination since it helps quickly repair your shit and get back to firing at the enemy team.

you are straight up cancer

please stop playing the game

Nope, which is why I dropped the Jag and started using vanilla wrench again. At this point it's everything the Jag initially was save for set up speed.

how to spot a pubstar: he thinks widowmaker is a straight upgrade

but it is if you don't miss

mad soldier/scunt main detected
stay grounded flyboy

>"Erectin' a WAHOOOO"

why do I always click

The hitscan and projectiles in TF2 feel so fucking bad after playing QL

You can really tell Source is an engine made for singleplayer

>it's another engie builds nest at the last point on CP and no one wants to move and push because they're too comfy at the sentry nest episode

Engineers should be banned on maps with control points except Attack/Defend.

it really isn't.
>have to choose between buildings and shooting
>can't do chip damage or spam at long range
>if you use all your metal you are defenseless
>spies don't give metal
>clearing stickies costs metal
>nobody has 100% accuracy and even if you did random spread/lag comp will fuck you over occasionally
>upside is very situational, engineer is unlikely to survive a fight where he needs more than 6 shots
the only thing it excels at is pubstomping with kritz but then again a power class will probably be better for that

The problem is that there is literally no way for scout to counter a sentry that's already built.

I honestly don't know why engie mains are so obsessed and rabid over "class counters" and shit. So who cares if scout has the best speed and movement options? Just aim good. That's a counter good enough.

Is this the banana of TF2 threads?

>building at spawn
>ever
>not just flicking your view in between wrench swings

>stab someone in the chest
>get a backstab
>not been fixed since launch
>its a feature!

i really really really like this webm

>spys don't give metal
because of dead ringer or what?

It's all yours my friend :)

>engineer accidentally fires his pistol, immediately rupturing his ear drum

On the other hand though engineer can't move up so it's really only good for forcing a stalemate. I'd like to see regular sentries target slower but make engineer a bit beefier so he can move up easier.

Any weapons that have bonuses on hit do not apply while the spy is disguised. Ubersaw being the most obvious one.

>there is literally no way for scout to counter a sentry that's already built.
That's the point. One of the downsides of Engineer is that it takes a long time to build his stuff. If you gave him time to build, you suffer the consquences.

And it's not like you can't change to Soldier or Demo for a minute to take it out.

yeah but when you kill him he's still gonna drop 100 metal

Wish I could find the source for this

What skins did you use?

no guarantee you will, especially if he's using dead ringer.
that reminds me of another downside you can't spycheck with the widowmaker.

Portal Shotgun

Most of these problems can be resolved if you use the pistol as your secondary, but that's the real problem with the widowmaker. You *have* to use a pistol with it.
It's a great weapon for gunslinger battle-engies, but I wouldn't use it for anything else.

only one

again why use it in the first place though? when are you going to need 6+ shots?
the upside is so situational there's not much reason to use it.

all the posts that remind me that Sup Forums is bad at this game

probably less than 1,000 on all of you

Love moments like that in TF2. I wish someone made another game with a goofy atmosphere which made people do shit like this when they're supposed to be killing each other.

>engie takes a long time to build
Mini sentry
>just change to power class
I know. I'm just saying that there shouldn't be a class that completely nullifies another class. TF2 isn't an RPG.

RR thwacks as they hit flesh are satisfying as fuck.

Shoot son, y'all slow as molasses.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

5.5k counting alts senpai

sours my milk

>having trouble with minis
bad

Because a good hit will give you metal back.
If your aim is consistent then you can just keep throwing down mini-sentries the moment they get destroyed.

>You can paint it green, yellow and purple
NO

I'M OUT OF THE HAT GAME
OUT OF IT

>complaining about mini-sentries
>he cant do 100 damage to a stationary target

As a scout. Any other class that's worth a dime kills engie. It's annoying as a fuck when an engie forces me to change to soldier for the billionth time when I wanna try scout for a change.

>the plumber's cap is currently going for $20
steam community market was a mistake

Not a deathcam, but I enjoyed this.

I used to always hear "that sours my grapes"

Just unbox one :^)

>Because a good hit will give you metal back.
At the cost of not being able to use it in many other situations.

>If your aim is consistent then you can just keep throwing down mini-sentries the moment they get destroyed.
You can't spam minis anymore.

a cosmetic has never made me feel like this

SeeI'm not saying engie is OP or anything. It feels like to me the class is just there to be a big nuisance who's whole purpose is to waste my time and drag the game down.

>Paint it slate
>Become more powerful than a god

oh hey toten
surprised you still play

it would only take 3 or 4 scattergun shots at mid range to destroy it, or just pull your pistol out at longer range.

Randomly got back into it. Not sure if I'm riding on a wave of nostalgia, but I'm having fun.

>wrench that forces you to completely tunnel vision on a single building and set yourself up for being backstabbed
>the best

How do you read 'sigma ario'?

When get close enough to do actual damage to the gun so can the sentry. Not to mention engie can literally whack the sentry once and your progress is back to square 1.

>he's not going to make a fat wario engie with yellow cap, level 3 chin and egghead's overalls

Screw luigi, being the fat jew is where it's at.

>change to another class
>destroy the sentry and kill the engie, and then destroy any other buildings

I don't see the problem. I piss engies off with my loch.

I never get tired of reading this

Sig-mario
At it's core, the game is still fun, enjoy it while it lasts and don't push it once it start getting on your nerves again, nowadays it's best to take a break before burning out on it too much