ITT: Weapons that are always OP in video games

ITT: Weapons that are always OP in video games

Broomhandle was the worst gun in Fallout 3. Even the unique version was complete dogshit.

this gun is garbo in fallout

The one in WATAMINUT was pretty terrible.

Has there ever been a rail gun that wasn't toptier? I can't think of one.
Yes, Gauss rifles count as rail guns.

Terrible in every call of duty game.

>gimme a clip so i can do some damage

cuz fallout is garbo

Why do the japs keep jerking off this piece of shit
Historically they were generally low quality and rarely used

Useless in every modern game.

the joke weapons

What pisses me off in games is when guns share ammo calibers or even have lower calibers and do more damage.

Like say in Payday 2, which I understand isn't shooting for realism at all, but a 9mm does more damage than a .45 in some weapons.

Or like in siege the P90, MP7, and 5.7 doen't pierce armor.

the AT4 was pretty great though for initial spawn kills on that airport

Bad in payday

What was Todd thinking? Even starting 10mm is better.

They sucked in Shadow Warrior 2

>What pisses me off in games is when guns share ammo calibers or even have lower calibers and do more damage.
The only thing worse is when a gun does more damage than another gun of the same caliber even though it's suppressed.

>Shadow Warrior 2
That series has the weirdest weapon balance. I swear all the guns that'd seem good in the original sucked shit and vice versa. That quad shotgun had me diamonds before I actually used it.

Except for Fallout 3, just more proof that game is shit.

How could you fuck up a chainsaw?

>"It ain't me" starts playing

*one-shotts you*

Nu-DOOM has fucked up chainsaw.

it's down to barrel length etc
the suppressor that overheat i mean what

Lower calibers can do more damage, I forgot the gauge but there's a lower one that's infamous for not making an exit wound and instead will just bounce around in your skull

it's still op tough
it's OK in bf3/4 tough

>Historically they were generally low quality and rarely used

Why are people mentioning this all of a sudden? It's not true, katanas were superior bar some small exceptions.

was actually outclassed by the other bolt action rifles in Battlefield 3

I remember some turkroach bolt action was my favorite for long distance. M39 semiautomatic was still the best recon weapon.

By making it do the same damage as every other melee weapon.
Seriously what the fuck Overkill

it's so fucking ugly tough
i always preferred the mk11 or the sks

>put same caliber round in a different weapon
>does more damage
>mfw

sks was sorta underpowered imo

mk11 was good, but I still liked the M39 better. think it had better damage, so that 2 headshots at any distance were a kill

>playing recon
>using a dmr

The AN-94 can easily out shoot all dmrs in bf3
its fucking unfair

Sokolov AR in Saint's Row is absolute unusable trash

Because they look cool. Why else?

this is true IRL though

generally, longer barreled weapons allow the powder to completely combust, whereas in shorter barreled weapons, the bullet leaves the barrel before all the powder can burn

so you can have the same round have different kinetic energy when fired from 2 different weapons.

yeah but with silencer it's greats at close range
i played rather aggressive with recon

left 4 dead 2

not really, just modern shooters

Nah it's pretty useful. Most games have a lot of random elements. Takes some brainpower to calculate all of that risk. Modern games might be piss easy to play but some of them are actually pretty high tier gambling games.

maybe not always OP but always a safe bet

>chainsaw is a consumable that makes enemies explode into ammo
I mean yeah, I get what they were going for, but was I the only one in the OG dooms who used the chainsaw to conserve ammo and not when I had already ran out of ammo?

>the suppressor that overheat i mean what
Don't ask man. How does the suppressor not wear out after hundreds upon hundred of shots? Why are elite Nazi troops equipped exclusively with them?
Just shut up, stop asking questions, and use the OP silenced garage gun to kill ancient Nazi zombies.

Deagle was pretty meh in Fallout 1 and 2. Decent midgame but nowhere near as good as the Needler Pistol or the the .223 pistol by the end of things.

Forgot about this. The special weapons in L4D2 were all pretty trash.

its pretty nice for a starter side arm in DayZ, no magazine needed.

forgot pic

>imblying mowing down an entire wave of zombies isn't orgasmic

shiggy diggy

>when your katana is 10$

BF1 says hello. That pistol blows dick pretty hard. The 1911, 1903 Hammerless (and by extention mle 1903), and every revolver are better secondaries.

>sword on sword
i hate weebaruai a lot but this is ridiculous
katanas were meant to kill unarmed/ un armoured people

meh i'm mp40 guy

Every game, without fail.

every melee weapon in the game lets you do that. chainsaw has a delay after switching to it and limited gas which cant be replenished even though there are gas cans in the game. you also magically get a pistol when its out of gas

You have to be joking. It's accuracy and fire rate are amazing

>The 1911, 1903 Hammerless (and by extention mle 1903)

literally the only good Mormon

Shut up you retard. The katana was made for the sole purpose of replacing the tachi because while the tachi was extremely light for its length, when they tried to use it on the mongols it broke on contact with their armor. The katana was made for the SOLE PURPOSE of being able to collide with armor without breaking. The katana is heavier, tougher, and shorter. The tachi is a far better weapon for killing unarmored opponents.

Even at worst, this gun or variants of it, always seem to better than average.

Even the knock-offs are all toptier. Pic related is one of the best guns in its game.
The silenced version is one of the worst guns in the game funny enough however. Weird how that is.

Pretty much any automatic shotgun.

rimfires are crapola in BF1

Accuracy and fire rate mean dick all when the damage is so low. Can take five or six shots to kill with that useless piece of shit. 1911 does it in three. 1 on 1 I can miss a shot and still kill you faster with the 1911.

>Willingly studying the boring history of a society who's only remarkable trait is that they take things from other cultures and pretend it's their own.

Why?

>automatic shotgun.
automatic shotguns are almost universally trash because MUH BALANZ tho
When they're not shit they're usually OP as fuck however. Pic related is fucking ez mode on maps with no glass/fences.

I can't think of a single game with a bad auto shotgun

Most of the recent cowadooties (recent to me mind you) has pretty shitty autoshotties imo. They felt like squirt guns you slowly doused people with over the course of half a mag instead of water cannons that would blow fuckers away in 1 or 2 shots as they should be

Wasn't there one rifle where the silenced version shat on the nonsilenced version?
Neotokyo was weird, man but I'd definitely play a campaign/non-competitive shooter with its grafix

slices through common easy, makes you immune to smoker
>runs out so its not op
>lasts a long time regardless
its fine