Last thread capped out and died

Last thread capped out and died

The Surge discussion thread 2.0

Are you still using your starting weapon or moved on to one of the cool fire sticks?

>grab generic saw
>saw is now permanently in my inventory
>upgrade saw
>it's now too overpowered
>can't get a level 1 saw anymore

Wow, Deck 13 will never learn.

If being too strong is an issue you can just switch weapons, there are decent amount for a reason.

The saw as in the one handed sword thing? I'm using that, but it feels pretty useless due to the lack of range.

So, what's the point of the drone? The damage is so low, the only use I've gotten from it so far was to pull enemies away from groups one by one.

You eventually get other drones to use.
He opens certain doors for you as well.

Forgot pic

>Can't get P.A.X Imperator v2.0 because the stupid terrain/robot keeps clipping the missiles and damaging itself.

Next level hardcore when you gotta fight with the terrain itself for a clean kill.

If you're using the agility rig then you can dash in to close the distance since you get like -10% stamina consumption on it per leg.

Is armor broken or something? I seem to take exactly the same amount of damage with heavy gear as I do with the light lynx stuff

Are they different MK perhaps?

Deck13 think that soulslike means dying in 2-4 hits so your armor isn't meant for defense but for the other stats benefits.

What's the point of the block evade move? The only enemy that you can really use it on is that robot but those are easier to kill just by circling them

Anyone got a strategy for fighting those tripod bots? They just seem to do a one shot leap attack on me every time.

Attack the tail first they will die quickly. Once you do that.

Just tried that, as soon as the tail was gone I got jump attack at point blank range and insta killed

Looks like techno souls, how is it?

>Heavy duty weapons
How the fuck does swinging a hammer THAT SLOW do any damage? That's not a swing, its a gentle fucking shove.

Who else is tired of the shills saying shit like "omg the surge is harder than dark souls 3, that game is for casuals" as if that means the surge is better. not to mention, playing the surge for the first time will obviously feel more difficult than going back to your 500+ hour save on dark souls 3. Just play the fucking game and stop trying to compare the two.

Not as good as Weebsouls, but still good.

Its technosouls

Only different mechanic so far is you can target specific parts of enemies, and usually when you do the stupid execute you get that part, which salvages into what you need to make it. It's neat.

That said, the executes get real fucking old, real fucking quick.

mass times energy

I don't know if I think this game is extremely lame or extremely mediocre

Just found out there's a quick save/load function using F5 and F8. Have fun.

This game looks really shit. Is it as shit as I think it is?

Are the only people that like it Dark Souls 2 fanbois?

>Another dev forgets what pacing is
>Become too overpowered early on
>JUST NERF YOURSELF DUDE???
What a fucking joke

Nah it's actually surprisingly fun, stop watching streams and actually try the game

Just pirate it and try it yourself. If you have low tolerance for garbage, then you'll hate it

So it's worse than lotf? How the fuck did they manage that?

Impact still matters.
A 50 ton car bumping into me at 2 MPH will hurt a lot less than a 1 ton car ramming me at 100MPH.

Well first he flings you up in the air and then slams the hammer down on top of you, you fucking retards

What exactly is the Plot of the Surge?

Guy from Avatar gets metal robot parts shoved into him instead of turning into a blue cat thing. Nigger creates AI that kills everyone and turns them into slaves. You gotta kill AI.

Thats pretty much it

No, I'm talking about the horizontal slash where you just kinda shove sideways. Feels like shit to use.

there is no twist right? just unraveling the mystery

How did these fucking hacks get the funding for this

A struggling studio decide to ape the success of a JRPG called Dark Souls. and create a more western version that is horribly bugged.

This fails and they decide to put Sci-Fi paint on it and hide their involvement with their first game in order to make people think the game will be a quality purchase.

In all seriousness how does this game compare to LotF, i felt that there might have been a decent game buried in there amongst all the bugs and glitches.

How is it, on a scale from LotF to Dark Souls?

What Mystery. There is no mystery. Theres no story. Theres no characters. Its just bad guy who made the last boss of the game that you will never actually see and some generic dude in power armor.

about halfway, it has some nice additions to the souls combat but some flaws of the LotF still persist

LotF --ll-------------------- DS

Pretty much this
Its the same developers, who got out the scifi paint to make the same game, and fixed some of the bugs

have no idea why you guys are ripping on this game so hard
its not a bad game

It's not a good game either

It's far more actionary than any souls like game at least to me. That being said you are far squisher and die easy so can be pretty difficult to fight more than one enemy at a time.

The biggest dissappointment is the world doesn't 100% connect together since there are Zones in the game, but the zones are massive and you could easily get lost in them.

I like the weapons more in this game than I do in souls but souls does have more variety which was nice sicne I often ended up playing a ranged character in souls games.

So I rate it "it's got enough different that its something I could see getting a sequel"

i am playing it and its good

Theres definitely effort put in. Could get better with an expansion and some fixes maybe. Also they need to get rid of the hit counter. Destroys any ambience.

Fuck you Sup Forums, I do what I want.

Who's the audience for this trash?

Good on you lad but-

>console

The game is so sexy on pc

People who still enjoy video games and don't spurge out over every tiny detail.

Oh sweet it's on PC? Well then.

You can duck under the spin attack of the excavators so they dont one shot you.

The combat is decent, but everything else is pretty lackluster.

I found the jump attack people thought was missing.

Sprint then click left stick/whatever it is on pc then push r1. Sprinting into an r1 just does a slide that goes under high attacks.

A shitskin inherits a company dedicated to reversing the effects of global warming from a white guy and promptly fucks everything into the ground.

I'm 2 hours in and the combat is already getting old Tbh. It's just dash in > attack > back out > repeat

Alright. I'm lost. Where the hell do I go after the botany lab chick gets freed and you get the drone core. I feel like I've been running around in circles for an hour now.

why did that have to make the finish cut attack a button hold?

completely fucks with the flow of combat

It's from the Lords of the fallen devs so of course it's shit

It'll probably perform better on my Bone.

its got an edge
kinda axe like

>that is horribly bugged.
So just like Dark Souls?

the greenhouse nearby has the drug the guy needs that you get with the drone upgrade then you go back on the train

you can open the huge door when you get off the train with the drone

upboaded

Use your duck/hop and counter attacks to stun enemies. Ducking under a high then hitting r1 knees them in the face, staggering humanoids.

Alright, cool, so il grab those and I guess I'm done with this zone for now. Thanks

the combat is ok
the world is complete shit
almost no content

Dont forget about NG+ cycles. Each one populates the world with new enemies and gear.

That doesn't make it feel less shit to use.

Why the hitboxes are so shit? PAX was hitting me even if I was out of his range.

So its most like Dark Souls 3?

Does this game have any ranged weapons?

It has a really long weapon. Stay close.

but it's not new gear. it's the same shit with an additional 4 upgrade levels.

A drone that follows you around and shoots lasers, very useless.

I thought everyone knew about the jump attack, because the tutorial actually tells you about jumping and attacking.

Its not useless. It pulls enemies out of groups.

The game is very good. It gets repetitive after a while, but the challenges that appear in every corner like the smelting robot or the wolverine guy are pretty cool.

>just realized it doesnt have denuvo

>Western devs can't handle dying so they put in save scumming

Anyone able to get passed those security guards early? I'm like 34 in my power core right now and they fuck me with up with that stun gun on their shoulder.

>enemies get flamethrowers, grenade launchers and tasers
>you get a shitty drone laser

There's gotta be more drone functions or something because that's some bullshit that you can't get them even if you cut them.

>This wasn't a joke

PC master race.

The Surge = GOTY.

just keep baiting with drone so you don't fight two at the same time

anyone else genuinely creeped out by the zombie enemies? whenever I hear those screams I get fucked up so much

The grenade launchers are weird and I'm not sure I'd even want them, but at least having some kind of one-shot ranged weapon for interrupting/stunning enemies besides the drone's stun would be nice.

>Lynx set bonus
OH GOD THIS IS TOO FAST HOLY FUCK I'M A GOD DAMN BLENDER.

Here's your (you).

Couldn't really feel the difference. What do you think the attack speed bonus is?

It's really not, but at least they're learning. At this rate their next attempt might be genuinely good.

DID SOMEBODY SAY BLENDER?

The lynx bonus makes a huge difference when using something like the pax. Im don't know how much faster exactly i is but it's enough to blitz things and not get interrupted.

HOW FAR IN ARE THOSE GLORIOUS FLAME SHOOTERS?

this is just proving again and again that western devs can't make games for shit

make sure to cut off all the legs from spin 2 win boss

They are the 2nd boss drop weapon.
I don't know if the flame is only on the improved version or not though but mine are the better ones. TO cut off all the legs which is really easy.
Does it not flame if you don't cut off all the legs?

Second boss, you have to destroy all it's legs to get the 2.0 version of the weapon.