What are some good depressing games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0TvSjLLOdiU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Dark Souls
SOTC

Conker's Bad Fur Day.

And the guy above me was correct with stalker. When you're a lonely alcoholic piece of shit like me stalker and fallout games are noticeably more immersive.

Nier

Theresia Dear Emile

Pokemon if played ala nuzlocke.

Liking the residual gunpowder left inside a gun's barrel

Witch House

more like ROAD HOUSE

Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter (DS)

DUDE ALCHOHOL

Nier Automata

MGS4

Max Payne

Penumbra

Overwatch
Dark Souls
Melee
Start feeling like you deserve punishment.

undertale

Overwatch would honestly be the most depressing game of all time, because nomatter how good you think you are, your team will let you down.

Darkest Dungeon

Horizon Zero Dawn isn't particularly cheerful.
Any of Fumito Ueda's games.
Fragile Dreams is beyond melancholy.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
That moment when:
you return home after your journey without your big brother and your father breaks down and cries while you stand there steadfast because now you have to be the anchor of the family after the death of your mother

League of legends. It baffles me how easy one can feed at only 3 mins.

Max Payne, 3 in particular.

youtube.com/watch?v=0TvSjLLOdiU

LISA

Mother 3, first time I cried my fucking eyes out over a video game character.

Neptunia Rebirth 2
>Game starts off with good guys getting their asses kicked and locked away for years
>Sidekicks manage to break into the enemy's stronghold and try to rescue everyone
>All they could manage to do is kidnap the little sister of the previous game's protagonist
>She's literally, objectively the most useless of them all
>She knows she's complete trash and has a hard time getting enough confidence to fight properly
>But she's the only person around that can maybe save everyone else so it's up to her to save the day
>Over the course of the game she gathers friends and becomes stronger and more confident
>Manages to break into the enemy's stronghold and rescue everyone, including her big sister who she loves dearly
>Unfortunately its too late, the villains have had years to try and summon their demon god to destroy the world and it doesn't matter if all the heroes are free now
>They only have a couple of days before the demon god appears. They can't stop the summoning but they also know they're too weak to fight it
>With no other options, they try to find a legendary sword that was used to defeat the demon god in the past
>They find the sword but it's seemingly useless, it just looks like a rusted piece of junk
>They find out that the sword is cursed, if one person kills the rest then the survivor will activate the sword's true power
>They universally decide that's a bad idea
>Little sister says their only other choice is that everyone gives their power to her and she fights the demon god
>Instantly rejected, no one wants to lose their powers (plus doing so would destroy their home countries). And besides, why don't does it have to be you? Why doesn't everyone give their power to ME?
>Get into a huge fight, entire party splits up
>Little sister is left alone, with the cursed sword
>Little sister decides to go to each country and appeal to each party member one last time

Sunless Sea

ending is too happy

Silent Hill 2

I don't find DD depressing at all. It's a fun over the top tribute to Poe and Lovecraft, bordering or the ridiculous sometimes.

What's depressing about it? It's funny if anything.

>Goes to the country neighbouring hers
>Party member there accuses her of trying to use the cursed sword on her
>Little sister denies it
>Party member asks why the hell did she carry the cursed sword all the way here then
>Little sister can't answer, because deep down she actually thinks the cursed sword is the most likely way they'll win
>Party member tries to take the cursed sword off her
>They fight
>During the fight, little sister accidentally stabs and kills party member with the cursed sword
> There is no going back now
>Little sister decides to kill all of her friends, the weight of taking one life forcing her to take more.
>Eventually the only people left are the little sister and her big sister
>Big sister says she has to die now too, to power up the sword to its true potential
>Little sister refuses, saying that she should be the one to die instead
>Big sister says that the little sister has finally gotten stronger than her, so she has to be the one to use it. If they lose against the demon god, they slaughtered their friends for nothing
>Little sister kills her big sister
>Goes to fight the demon god
>Demon god doesn't even fight back, just lets itself be killed
>Little sister demands to know why the demon god is just letting itself die
>Demon god says that now that the world won't survive with all of the other heroes dead
>Since everyone in this game is a console, killing them essentially forced the game industry to become a monopoly for one console
>The market will stagnate and die out, video games are finished
>Why bother fighting when you've destroyed the world for me?
>Demon god just laughs in little sister's face as it dies
>Little sister is forced to install a one world government with herself as the leader just to stop everything spiralling into chaos, even though she knows this is exactly what the demon god is talking about
>Little sister is forced to live on, knowing she scarified everyone she loved for a useless cause

That actually sounds like a decent plot, if only the neptunia games weren't irredeemable weebshit I might play them.

Definitely the STALKER and Metro series. Very depressing imo.

What's a video game character that I can relate my crippling loneliness to?

Meh just play Hanzo or something purely for fun. Then you might even have a shot at turning the tides if you get good.

Sure, but it takes a long time to get there and everything is a fucking downer along the way.

Fate/Extella has some depressing routes in it.

>Your servant loves you more than anything in the world
>She's always energetic and cheerful, especially when she's around you
>The absolute worst thing that could happen to her occurs
>YOU get hurt
>You slip into an inescapable coma in which you're guaranteed to never wake up from
>Your servant swears to stay by your side and watch over you forever, waiting for the day you wake up
>You will never wake up
>Credits roll

It's honestly like trying to explain to a dog that his owner is coming back home because he died. The dog doesn't understand, so he just waits for his beloved owner to return forever

Grim Fandango, depressing and uplifting and melancholy and more all in one.

Kentucky Route Zero

>tfw Johnny gets killed in a fucking cutscene in 5
He had a hard life

Also Max Payne 3 is a great game to play and get drunk during

Silent Hill 2.

Life is Strange