OMG, why doesn't Dishonored 2 have a neutral route?!?!?!?!

>OMG, why doesn't Dishonored 2 have a neutral route?!?!?!?!

Holy shit you neutralfags are insufferable

Why do you faggots always want every game developer to bow down and service your every indecisive retarded need?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No matter how many times you make this thread your shitty argument will always get shot down

There is no such thing as neutral

Only varying degrees of good and evil

This

If neutral is like that in a game, that just proves the game is bad.

There is no such thing as good and evil, only varying degrees of personal belief about what is good and evil.

>tfw the only time people discuss Dishonored 2 is to bitch about idtech or neutralfags

Reeee

Is it technically an argument if a bot is making the thread? There nobody on the other end.

>ME2 Renegade

>THIS STORE DISCRIMINATES AGAINST THE POOOOR!!!

That image is really what brainlets thought kotor 2 was that you didn't take sides. The game doesn't let you not take sides. It just wants you to actually think about the consequences of which side you take, and taking the same "light" or "dark" stance uniformly is stupid.

OP, have you ever heard of the term "straw man" before?

Personal belief is evil compared to group belief

>I am incapable of holding strong beliefs
Neutralfags are pussies.

I'd enjoy a neutral route that was just 'fuck your problems'. Neutral done right is deciding not to get involved in petty bullshit and looking out for yourself without going full edgelord.

Being a centrist isn't necessarily being neutral to every issue concerning the right and the left; you're just not fully committed to one viewpoint. For example, I don't want refugees in my country but I don't think we should electrocute gay people.

Does this dichotomy even exist on reality?

Why would someone make a bot just to post an irrelevant, outdated shitpost every day?

Probably sliding something they dont like off the board. Autism is a hell of a thing.

>looking out for yourself
Called evil route

Reminder these threads are made by crossposters hoping they derail into politics threads.

>Equating the far right to the right
user you're fully retarded don't enter politics k thx bye

I strongly believe humanity can more successfully grow when there are people who try their best to stay neutral. They act as bridges that let people on different extremes communicate when they would just except a Strawman of the other side otherwise. I strongly believe in communication. Because when different sides refuse to communicate that's when a spiral starts where everyone starts to assume the worst of each other with no way to disprove their theories. Which ends in violence and death. And moves humanity backwards.

/thread

Making the choices and decisions that are the most fun for you the player is whats important.

Forcing yourself to only do good or only do evil is boring. Even in literature and movies, characters rarely always do the right thing or always do the evil thing.

Woops
*accept a Strawman

>not being an extremist is bad
lol k, whatever you say autismo

Neutral should be a balance. If "good" is the preservation and growth of peaceful life and altruism and "evil" is the intentional destruction of peaceful life and selfishness then neutral should be somewhere in the middle. You're not out to make life grow or be selfless but you're not out to destroy life for your own boner neither. You help where you can spare it and hold your own where you cannot to suit your own personal needs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

This. Everyone says "I want to be all good" but have you ever thought how hard it is for a character to live that type of life? A 100% good character is both boring and sad to watch. Did a burglar break into his house and kill his wife. The good character can track him down but he can't kill him in revenge, he has to give him due process. Forced to choose between the village and your son? Sorry son, I have to think of the greater good.

The interesting part of heroes comes from seeing how far they can be pushed before they drop the hero thing and act of their own self interests. Because people aren't angels nor are they automatons. They have certain things they're willing to lose, some things they're willing to negotiate with, and certain things and lines they absolutely refuse to cross and will rise in power if that's what it takes to protect it.

SMT Chaos - SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST, ORDER IS UNNATURAL
SMT Law - FREE WILL IS SHIT BECOME A PUPPET FOR YOUR CREATOR
SMT Neutral - Humanity is capable of deciding it's own future, we do not need demons, gods, and angels telling us how to live our lives.

Why do you add "fag" at the end of the thing that you don't like? Do you not have any arguments besides using slang? Are you that much an insecure manchild?

I seriously have to play SMT one of these days

Aww, did you get your feeling hurt because someone without a bias disproved your shit ideology?

>roleplaying is about adhering or rebelling against secular morality and not actually playing a fucking role beyond good guy/bad guy
suffering

Don't all of these games generally funnel you into being completely good or completely evil (or at least lean very heavily to one side) making it basically impossible to be neutral?

>looking out for yourself is inherently evil

>spooks

what about when you aren't talking about good or evil, but two different flavours of diametrically opposed idiocy?

Then neutral would lay in between those two points. Which was why I defined the two extremes first before explaining what neutral was. If you have a game where one end was a culture fighting for the glory of ass while another culture fights for the glory of tits then neutral would settle for belly buttons. Or may worship both. As long as you define the two end points and what they stand for good and evil can be whatever you want it to be.

But why doesn't Dishonored 2 have a good game route?

It's mostly because choices in games are so hilariously juxtaposed, neutral is the only rational decision.
>building is on fire
>calls for help can be heard from inside
>good choice is to save the person inside, go back in time, stop the fire from starting, then go back further to stop the invention of fire
>evil choice is to go in the building, deflower the poor grandmother's daughter, son, and favorite cat in front of her, shoot the grandmother, and spread fires to the rest of earth
>neutral choice is to focus on the mission at hand

I can't believe I'm saying this but mass effect had the right idea with paragon and renegade. In the end saving the galaxy is for the good of everyone but it was a matter of how you come off. As officer friendly or as dirty Harry. At least until the 3rd game where you where either putting off galactic war to find peoples missing car keys or you were a moustache twirling douche fucking over the people trying to help you.

Pretty much, in terms of role playing good/evil doesn't exist. If you are part of the empire then you will see yourself as good and the rebels as evil. If you were part of the rebels you will see yourself as good and the empire as evil. Good/Evil often doesn't even work on video games. A reputation system such as on Daggerfall or Witcher generally work better. Hell fucking EA Jade Empire did the system better (barely) with Open Palm & Closed Fist though even then it ultimately lead to how much of a white knight/asshole you could be after the first 30 mins. Even Lawful/Chaotic rarely works, you could be a rebel and still be a good guy who is extremely lawful...Just with the rebels. One reason why people are forced to play chaotic stupid when trying to be chaotic evil...The idea of people doing shit for no reason whatsoever is retarded unless the character is literally mentally ill. Comparing The Joker to chaotic evil as a good example doesn't help the case.

If you haven't adopted the reputation system and just let your characters decide how to act by now then you can't really complain when the game only suffers from it. Paladins being braindead "good" people they are often have the worst rep overall by the end of the game. Chaotic evil/neutral when play correctly often end up with the best rep as generally anyone who end up hating them personally ends up dead. Beyond that they are just a possibly famous but a nevertheless stranger to everybody else. Switching to a realistic system was the best thing my gaming group ever did and surprisingly we rarely ever had arguments about playing out of character compare to before as we are able to focus on our characters themselves and not just the board label that we gave them.

user, have you turned on the TV in the last 23 months?

Ideological dichotomies are a false concept.

what's wrong with being neutral?

DIPLOS

>He doesn't play True neutral

Playing games wrong.

Ask Zapp Brannigan

>There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

The funniest part about this image is how right it is. Its correct, but people use it to make fun of others for some reason.

People who hold serious EXTREME convictions that are farther from than close to neutral ARE fucking retards. If you're farther to the left or right than you are closer to the middle then you're probably a fuckin retard.

No backbone early 20s virgin detected

>YOU EITHER HAVE TO EAT MY SHIT OR DRINK MY PISS!
>How about neither.
>FUCKING NEUTERFAG! YOU HAVE TO PICK ONE CAUSE I SAID SO!

>neutral means you have no beliefs/convictions

Stop this meme. It only means that your beliefs don't align with the two choices presented to you. The ones without conviction sell out their beliefs to appear decisive to others.

That's not the fallacy I am making. There's a difference to wanting conservative values and wanting gay people zapped, migrants killed and muslims bombed back to the stone age. Those latter 3 cases are not conservative values.

Just like SJWs do not speak for liberal values. The more you know. /thread

I've been waiting to unleash this meme

>You get to be a dick
>You get to be a bitch
>You don't get to do anything
Such a hard choice. /thinking

>My bait is still being posted
Neutralfags are still stupid for taking it though

>people think High/Low Chaos = Good/Evil

>tfw Dishonored is literally too smart for some people

>neutralfags
>literally stay the fuck out of the game plot choices

There's a fucking reason why no one caters to you retards.

>I really hate the way Donald Trump is acting as president
>WOW YOU SJW KEK GO BACK TO TUMBLR
>I also hate SJWs and how they have no grasp on reality and constantly attack everything
>WOW YOU CENTRIST KEK HAVE SOME SERIOUS OPINIONS!

The alternative was Hillary Clinton user. Would you rather she was president? OR fucking Bernie?

>Would you rather she was president? OR fucking Bernie?
Absolutely.

Hillary or Bernie with a Republican controlled congress would have been ineffective, do-nothing, no impact presidents. That would have been just fine.

Donald Trump has gotten a lot done, but almost none of it has been good or beneficial for anyone but him and his donors.

Hahahaha

>Evil is an edgy unrealistic faggot
>Good is a righteous little bitch with no testicles

God forbid I want to be something different fron these stellar choices

>tfw Neutral lets me punch God and Lucifer in the face

is stagnation better or worse than progress - even detrimental progress?

>The alternative was Hillary Clinton user. Would you rather she was president?
Uh, yeah? Is this even a fucking serious question? She was extremely competent, her promises were actually realistic, and she had a solid grasp on the most important Constitutional part of being president which is foreign policy (domestic stuff is supposed to be mostly up the legislature). She was reasonably moderate, I wish that liar Sanders and his idiot progressives hadn't been able to push her as far left as they did but she held them off alright in a lot of important areas. But she would have been a fine president. Trump is just as fucking terrible as expected.

>Donald Trump has gotten a lot done
When? He put Gorsuch on the supreme court which was a gimme anyway, and that's about it. Everything else has been executive orders which are not even close to as powerful as actual legislation, and golfing at mar-a-lago.

He's not actually done much beyond create a new scandal every day.

>detrimental progress
Aka regression? Yeah, holding steady when overall America was doing quite well is not bad at all. Only children or "adult" mental children with memory problems who have zero recollection or knowledge of what "bad" actually looks like could think wild random change would actually be good.

In a rare instance of actual, genuine irony, the core original point of "conservative" was precisely the opposite of "radical", as in they'd be wary of people promising crazy changes and I CAN DO EVERYTHING and so forth and prefer to proceed with care and deliberation or keep things more the way they were when possible. How far we "conservatives" have fallen from our forefathers that now any charlatan can come along and just repeat lies people want to hear and be greeted with not a hint of skepticism by most of our party. There appears to be no bullshit detector amongst the majority anymore.

he's gotten a lot done from the perspective of the russians and america's other enemies. good enough.

>Effectively ended Net Neutrality with his FCC appointment
>Strongarmed AHCA through the House
>Removed a whole bunch of environmental restrictions
>Forced the Dakota Access Pipeline to continue
>Pushed his idiotic border wall
>Devoted an entire task force to crimes committed by aliens
He also tried to do a whole bunch of other things that got shut down or refused funding

Lol