ITT: fuck you, I liked it

ITT: fuck you, I liked it

didn't everyone?

Most Mafia fans disliked it for casualization. Others disliked it for having nothing to do in the city.

I didn't care for the dlc.

there was more to do in Mafia II than either of the other games, unless you're talking about the lack of free roam.

Free Roam + Ultimate Free Roam

Loved it, great atmosphere. Loved the car ride at the end too. Makes you feel satisfied but also helpless.

IN NAPOLI
WHERE LOVE IS KING

League of Legends and more like fuck you, i used to like it and kinda miss it.

Perhaps one of the most "comfy" games ever when driving period appropriate cars in the winter portion of the narrative while some smooth classic R&B croons.

The game also nailed time progression better than most titles---when you leave prison some five-to-ten years afterwards, you feel overwhelmed by the new sounds and sights.

He did NOTHING wrong.

He was a rat. Vito served his time like a man, but Henry tried to weasel out of it by informing on his associates.

>drive to mission
>do mission
>have to drive home
>do this for every mission

who thought this was a good idea?

The "driving home" part is your designated free roam time.

people love to shit on this game, especially when shenmue 3 is coming

When there is nothing to do and you still have to drive home once you are done driving around and robbing stores, it sucks.

So don't play it.

What can I say? It was comfy

I liked it until after the jail sequence. Game spiraled after it.

Nowhere near as good as the first game.

its funny how more and more people are starting to like this game after mafia 3 was released....

Mafia 1 was more impressive relative to other games at its time of release, but Mafia 2 is the better game.

Shenmue 2 is great, first one blows.

>Mafia 2 is the better game

fucking how

I thought this game was great. God tier soundtrack too. Ending was weird as fuck but I appreciate it now.

It was a literal objective improvement in almost every measurable way?

misunderstood vidya kino.

this game was boring as fuck

Better melee
Better shooting
Better driving
Better technology
Better visuals (important to mention since Mafia 2 still looks better than Mafia 3)
Better city design.
Better missions.

Mafia 1 has a better story and characters though.

ur mom blows me lol

>Better technology

Wrong

When i played it, it wasnt as good as i expected. Story too short, many repetitive missions.
Call me a powertripping faggot, but too grounded in reality.

>better missions

also wrong

Only good parts are the voice acting and the facial capture tech. Otherwise, shooting is functional but dull, driving is functional but dull, story is predictable and dull with a terrible ending, interrogations are broken, the finding clues mechanic is tedious, and since there is no failure state for solving the cases, no matter how much you fuck up, you can still continue and solve them.

>It was a literal objective improvement in almost every measurable way

Improvements because of how more modern it is doesn't count. Mafia was still better as a whole.

More modern doesn't meant instantly better, you underage shit.

I didn't find it that predictable especially when you lose your rank and go down a position.

I definitely agree with you the interrogations were broken , that was probably to me the biggest flaw of the game. Some choices made absolutely no sense or were too similar to one another. To each their own.

It is better in every way gameplay-wise, user.

Only collectibles in vidya I ever cared about. I searched every inch of the game for these.

>tfw upgrading to a GTX 480 and being able to have physx enabled to see all the snow

Maximum comfy

Who actually disliked these games?

Thumbnail looks like Mafia IT.

The deadly game of cyberwarfare and lasagna

the game actually has a mod that allows for multiplayer

I've watched too many noir movies like LA Confidential, Zodiac, Chinatown, The Maltese Falcon, Double Indemnity, and The Big Sleep, so I predicted most plottwists beforehand. I was very disappointed how LA Noire so often took plotpoints and stories wholesale from movies instead of using them as inspiration to create something different and subverting expectations.

I think the driving in the first game is better.

I also think the gunplay is better because fuck generic cover shooters.

I expected nothing and got something special instead. Yes, it's a teenage girl power fantasy, but it is also a passion project, a feel trip with some great character development and lot of care put into it.

Have you tried Remember Me yet? It's from the same devs.

Both trash.

>>>/tumblr/

That's actually the reason I gave LiS a shot. I found Remember Me beautiful to look at and to listen to, but aside from that, the perfect butt on the cover and some interesting interactive cutscenes, it was kinda meh.

Glad that Dontnod are doing fine, although Vampyr's combat looks atrocious.

Fuck you.

Playing through Remember Me kinda made be depressed all that impressive art and environment design would go to waste on a game with such mediocre gameplay. Though I wouldn't want this to become commonplace, I think Dontnod would be smart to reuse a lot of those assets to create a different game. They still hold up.

It's a shame when good world building gets stuck with a shit game.