"user, you have a lot of free time and love games, you should stream."

>"user, you have a lot of free time and love games, you should stream."
>Nah
>"Just play something you like, you'll do fine."
>Hmmm, okay
>"That game is boring, play (modern game every fucker is playing)!"

Is this a Wynne thread?

It can be, will be far more interesting than me attempting to stream.

I liker her accent

Good.

Bit of advice. Play a popular game to begin with, and then branch out once you get enough subscribers. I played overwatch and csgo for the first couple of weeks and then went on to playing other more obscure games as my subscriber base grew. Always remember to come back to a popular game every now and again to build up a bigger sub base.

>her

>Be god at quake champions
>It's literally the easiest viewership right now if you're good
>My pc is not good enough to stream and play

A few friends don't really care about what I play, they actually enjoy watching me play games and talk about them. However, the majority wants me to play new popular shit like PUBG and I refuse to give some faggots $30 for an early access game EVEN if it meant getting viewers and what-not.

Like I said, you don't have to get a new game.
If you already have a game like csgo, overwatch, dota or lol then you're guaranteed new watchers and potentially followers.

>Stream FFXII
>Only get 3 viewers
>We get comfy talking about the game and sperging over my 25 chain Quickening
It was cool

>post yfw you remember you will never give her a total ladyboner

What's the preferred program to stream with? OBS seems to be the more popular one.

Just get a shitty laptop to output the stream, lots of people do that

OBS Studio is pretty much the best at this point, and it's free.

>gets nagged to play something
>play the original mega man
>people keep constantly accusing me of using some sort of TAS or bot because i keep shooting enemies before they appear onscreen
>not even that good at it

Hang on, if its popular then doesn't that mean you're competing against 500 other streamers for views? At least if you're playing an obscure game, you're guaranteed to grab people who want that obscure game. God knows I've watched some literally whos play a game purely because I was interested in the game and not the person.

>gets nagged to play something
Is there a worse feeling?

>don't want to play
>don't want to upset the person

I don't want to play the Zelda series. I don't want to play GTA5 online. Please leave me alone.

>Look at twitch stream list
>All of those streams with less than 20 or so people watching
This is so different from youtube.

you and i are a minority. there are way more autistic kids and manchildren who spend their time browsing their favorite ESPORT

Yeah, Youtube would have had under 5. Everyone is on there. I swear.

Well yeah, but I'm guessing most of them are just happy watching Pewdiepie play Minecraft or whatever the fuck, instead of literally whos like us

Well not the youtube streaming. I'm very unfamiliar with streaming in general. I'm just saying that even the least popular youtube videos have at least a few hundred views, so it's weird to see all these streams with only a handful of people watching.
I mean, I understand why. I guess I'm just not used to it.

>tfw no minami star doujin of this character

Youtube views counts every single view since the day it was posted, streaming views only counts the number of people currently watching at that very moment

>Brother plays league
>He's like plat 4 or something
>Started steaming, little views
>Asks if he can use my account
>I rarely play anymore, if at all, so why not
>He already has regular viewers and donations
>tfw I get a cut

Why did he need your account if he's plat 4?

Does he have big tits?

>streaming the first xenoblade
>weird motherfucker comes into my chat and goes "do you think shulk and fiora started dating after the end of the game?"
>another guy goes "haha Melia must be really cold in that outfit xD"
Sup Forums likes to meme about Nintendo fans being autists but I'm starting to believe it. I still regularly get children who jump into my chat, say "I'M REALLY FEELING IT!!!!" and then leave.

>Streaming Mario Galaxy
>This one kid pops out of nowhere who had no idea what an emulator was and kept asking me to make him a mod even though he was the only viewer
>Never stream again

I think the worst viewers are the ones who start watching for like 10 seconds, say "this is one of my favorite games ever :)," and then just leave.

OP here, I'd much rather record and edit and post on youtube than stream. Especially since I don't cam and would prefer silent long plays, though I wouldn't mind chatting a bit if I did stream.

I've only streamed once, because a friend bought be FNAF2 as a joke present and I felt obligated to play it. And he wanted to see if I would scream like a bitch while playing, so why not stream it?

For some reason either sound would work but not visuals or vice versa. I eventually gave up, it was too frustrating.

Man if I had any charisma I would be a fucking streamer in a heartbeat. You won't get rich but it beats the fuck out of a shitty deadend job.

My upload speed is pretty garbage. If I put a vhs filter and streamed retro games, think I could turn it into a gimmick?

I may not be the right person to talk since I don't really get why someone would watch a twitch streamer in the first place, but watching a FRIEND, someone I personally know, playing a game, talking, without having the ability to interact with him somehow sounds even more absurd to me. I can't really put my finger at it, but the thought weirds me out. It sounds obsessive somehow, and not like a good time.

Exactly how do you stream? I've tried once but my game's connection kept dropping even if I was streaming on low settings. Is there any simples guide out there? I was using obs studio.

I think about streaming sometimes. I'm really good at vidya of all sorts and I'm told I have nice voice.
I don't think I'd be able to fill dead air for that long though, and a majority of people who watch twitch are adhd memers who watch for the "personalities".

>started playing it for a 4th time yesterday
>still just as amazing

How did they do it bro?

Why would you watch a twitch stream other than the personalities? If I wanted to watch really good players I can do that any time in esports or on youtube. Genuine question since I don't do any of this.

I work from home, so not hurting on money, but wouldn't mind making some change on the side, even if only I got the point that the games paid for them self.

That's another reason I find myself having a hard time doing it. I can't think of what to say or talk about to fill dead time that doesn't make me feel like I'm just shooting the shit to make noise. I'm to focused on playing the game 90% of the time and unless others are in the room watching me, I never find myself having anything to say.

>start speedrunning one of my favorite games
>it's an obscure PS2 game
>had to route the game myself
>get literally zero viewers despite streaming it with splits and everything multiple times
Feels bad man.

The scene is over-saturated, don't feel bad.

You're totally right, there's really no reason to watch a live stream without commentary.
To rephrase, I would probably upload to youtube.
I don't do any of this shit either so I honestly have no idea if there's an even audience for that on yt

Is it? I try not to stream when there's a lot of speedrunners on, and the community on Twitch never seems to have too many. Even then, I see Mario or Zelda 80% of the time.

>watch streamer play something obscure
>streamer has no mic or
>streamer never talks or
>streamer using discord instead or
>has nothing informative to say about the game
what's the point?

>Only play XIV
>Worst "spectator mmo" on the market
yeah thats why

Streamed a Mario 64 mod once. No viewers wasn't sure if I should talk when there aren't people around so I just played the game in silence.

What game?

not even remotely the cutest eo4 girl

>enter a random stream
>'Hi welcome to my stream I hope you enjoy your st-'
>leave stream

how dare you speak to me

>see morrowind stream on youtube, think it might be kind of interesting
>guy is shouting like a fucking spastic with add, im the only viewer
>"uh WUHEY lets check if i have any viewers"
>leave immediately

Every time.
I don't come to be a meme spewing moron. I want to see shitty videogames

Liar, Wynne is best girl.

don't be too hard on Boggy. His life has been downhill ever since his wife left him

So close, yet so far.

While my info might not be useful at all, I watch streamers mainly because I just want to have something on my second monitor and a background noise for when I'm doing other stuff. So as long as you have a good voice and tell a good story you got me hooked.

I do have a big dislike for facecams though. Mainly because they add nothing to the stream at all other than bait for the loneliest of lonely people who somehow relate to a face

Low level/elo account lets you do stupid shit while basically smurfing. It also makes you look way better than you are because you can stomp literal retards by being half-competent at the game.

>she will never tie you up and try to find the wrench size that will fit your dick so she can apply 100lbs of torque to it

>Marina Liteyears colors
What did they mean by this? Are they encouraging me to fap?

>I do have a big dislike for facecams though. Mainly because they add nothing to the stream at all other than bait for the loneliest of lonely people who somehow relate to a face

Agreed, don't feel like I need one if I do stream.

Name me one twitch streamer that isn't a meme spouting cancer fuck and is actually good at the games they play.

>someone else streams a fighting game
>play with them regularly
>stream dies one day out of nowhere

Man I miss those days.

Vinesauce Vinny (sometimes)

Fuck I hope he doesn't ruin himself. I'd rather he stay with good edited videos on Youtube. He's one of the few people I still watch.

>good at games
I don't like watching those people. Don't like watching speedrunners either. Nothing is more boring than watching someone do the same thing over and over again or be a perfectionist at a game.

Rather watch someone have a good time, joke around, and accept their downfalls and go on to try again.

literally me

>starting streaming a moderately popular game i was trying at the time just for shits and giggles
>get a following from it

>play something else i actually like
>literally 0 people watching and everyone complaining why i'm playing garbage and not what they "came here to see"

god, fuck humans
just fuck them really hard
meteorite can't come sooner

Please don't tell me you think you're friends with any of those people, only reason to watch someone else play a video game is to see high level play or speedrunners beating your favorite games

The trick is to do a gimmicky playthrough in non-popular hours

I would probably be good at streaming, but I couldn't talk at the computer for hours at a time. If I could have someone else to stream with/talk to, I could probably do a good job at it.

>only reason to watch someone else play a video game is to see high level play or speedrunners beating your favorite games
that's the opposite of why you would ever want to watch someone stream
you hang out in streams to chat and have fun

if you want to see someone skilled, you google X game no death run or something and then watch a youtube video

I'd talk with you, cutie

I don't believe they're my friends, but I enjoy the community in some of the streamers I have watched as we all joke and bullshit as we watch someone flail around playing a game.

>only reason to watch someone else...
If I want to see games get beaten or well, I'll do it myself.

How is chatting and giving your money to some person that only shows a persona of who they really are in order to gain subs fun?

>Have a large game collection
>1080 games at last count. Stopped keeping track
>Invite people over all the time to play old multiplayer games
>"user, you have a huge collection, a good personality, and a voice like a radio talk show host! You should stream!"
>That honestly sounds fucking retarded
>Eventually get talked in to giving it a try
>Upload a video that a few people actually watch. Not tons of people, but those few that watch it all leave positive feedback
>Maybe I can do this as a hobby.
>"Hey user, we should do a sort Game Grumps thing where we play together and crack jokes it'll be fun!"
>"We should play Dudebro Duty 4: The Actioning or MOBAttle: Faggfuck Arena!"
>Literally just like playing old games by myself and not having to deal with peoples shit.

>"""hanging out""" in twitch chat to """have fun"""

Yeah I actually have friends thank you.

Good speedrunners spend months learning how to beat the game quickly, I don't have the autism required to do that but I still find it enjoyable to see someone beat my favorite games abusing stuff that wasn't intended by the devs.

>Literally just like playing old games by myself and not having to deal with peoples shit.

OP here, same. I'd probably start with some of my favorite, earlier games, playing silent unless someone joins and strikes up a conversation. Playing games with people and trying to mimic something like GG or the likes doesn't sound appealing.

Dumb Tomoko poster, you're supposed to talk to you viewers silly.

When did he mention giving his money? It's not required to sub or anything. Even if it's just a fake personality, there's nothing wrong with having a stream on the side to give some light entertainment. Always funny to see Sup Forums go into full defense mode when it comes to e-celebs.

Tip
don't play old games or games you like

play whatever's come out in the last few days and everyone else is playing

no one, literally no one wants to see you play old shit
unless you have a following already of hundreds of thousands of people

this might actually be the worst advice i've ever heard in my life

I think if I stuck to it, I wouldn't actually "stream" gameplay.

It seems more fun to just upload videos of me playing to something like YouTube and get people's feedback afterward. When you record it ahead of time you can edit it and add commentary or notes, and do different tricks with it.

If I did a show on YouTube, I would kind of do a sort of weekly "Let's Play" along with a sort of Podcast thing. Where you have pre-recorded gameplay with commentary on it, then periodically have people discussing things over it.

>don't play old games or games you like
but that is all the best streamer on twitch does

I think this thread may have convinced me to start a shitty YouTube Channel that's part Let's Play, part Retro Game Review, part talk show.

No facecam. No mic. Play a game you'd be terrible at. Don't look at chat.

I want a Darkest Dungeon game but with EO art.

she gives me a serious lady boner.

>no facecam
Okay
>no mic
Well at least you will respond in chat
>Don't look at chat
Then why the fuck would I want to watch you stream when I can watch a youtube video instead? Terrible advice

Girl or girl (female)

I might do this and play an rts. I suck at those.

But would I actually be talking to the viewers, or would I be reading their chat and talking at nothing? I think the listening part is important. Also, how could I read and respond if the chat is moving really fast?

I want Etrian Souls.
I'd be satisfied with EOV in english though.

Grubby is a pretty cool guy. He only plays WC3 and HotS though.

NEVER EVER

I seen him a few times streaming HotS, decent guy and he's good at the game.

Lobos, he's quite good at Dark souls, and that I know, he's not much of spouting memes.

His brother otherwise has quite the cringy meme-like acting on all the time.

Wait, they stopped porting this to the west? Damn.

Why the fuck hasn't it been localized yet? Nintendo clearly haven't given up on the 3DS yet and they've brought over every other game in the series.