Does this game still hold up?

Does this game still hold up?

N-no...

No, and people who think it does are lying to themselves, this coming from a massive Nintendo fag

yes

Other than the camera I'd say so controls still feel pretty good and the framerate is quite stable especially compared to later N64 games.

Yes, BUT FIRST

It's alright, but first, we need to talk about parallel universes

if you didnt grew up with it than most 5th gen games are unplayable

no

movement = yes
everything else = no

Camera is bad and Mario is a little slippery to me, but I still liked it and I played it not to long ago. Definitely more organic than other 3D platformers.

>fly, plaything. fly.

you're not ready.

The n64 one ? Yeah, the DS version is garbage though

No. But Sunshine does.

>but first, we need to talk about parallel universes
Fun fact: this exact phrase is not spoken in the video.

>Does this game still hold up?

No, but the fact that it doesn't speaks dimensions to how polished Nintendo has made their other platformers.

Mario 64 aged like milk, but that's a GOOD THING- It means Nintendo has learned, improved, and retroactively made their first ground breaking 3d platformer look like oatmeal.

yeah, right. next you'll tell us that most memes are just people parroting dumb shit because no one even bothers to watch the source material

The best game in the genre

the "nostalgia goggles" genre?

Let's talk about half yosi

Camera is iffy and Mario's movement is a little stiff, but otherwise absolutely. The level design is top notch.

this

By having worse level design and a shoehorned gimmick?

Sunshine is shit

I'm genuinely jealous of people who have good memories of this game

>Mom was always super poor until she got remarried
>One of the first things my new stepdad did as a "please love me new son" kind of thing was get me a 64 the night it came out
>Had an old shitty TV so the castle was super dark and the Bowser picture scared the absolute fucking Christ out of me
>The endless staircase gave me nightmares
>Lived in a shitty apartment and one time the power went out while I was going up the endless stairs
>Older cousin held me down and forced me to stare at the Bowser portrait, made me scared of Bowser for years

>Time passes

>Get DS for Christmas the year it came out
>House burns down because my dad's psycho girlfriend went nuts and tried to kill us all by starting a fire

I have literally no happy memories involving this game

WRong

God I love white trash. Just knowing you exist makes me feel better about myself

It's TRue

>96 game
>developed a couple years before that
>3d platform
>in 96
>wanting the game to control perfectly
>with a good camera
>in 96
>when 3d was in its early years, more when platforming games
>later games did better gameplay wise than earlier games

nice blogpost you fucking idiot

>White trash

lol

That was like twenty years ago you double nigger. Whatever makes your tic tac wiener feel better.

Yes. Mario controls more smoothly than most character control even these days. The only issue is the camera which modern games are still having problems with and the graphics which both it can't control because it's an old game and indie fags are keeping old graphics alive.

Nice made-up story.
What fucking model of TV did you have that couldn't adjust brightness?

>made up story
dude what, should I have thrown in a part about how then I got a blowjob from every girl at school?

Also it was one of those shitty old knob tvs that barely worked, like what the Simpsons have

I've still yet to play a modern game with a platforming as responsive and fluid as Mario 64

The version on the NDS was far superior, that shit was so much fun even if you had to use the touchscreen sometimes.

It's a bit dated but is still a great game regardless of how the camera is