When is the FGC going to accept Smash?

When is the FGC going to accept Smash?

We have the most hype/viewers and single-handedly carry your events.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7dWsRlzdAMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BgTfhUn_3Uk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I play Melee, but it shouldn't matter if Melee is a fighting game or not. There's a big competitive scene, and that's all I want.

Smash is like really autistic, boring wrestling. It's just the same half a dozen people who win every time and the only reason people follow it is for muh plot and muh lore.

FGCucks have an inferiority complex when it comes to Melee.

Melee doesn't need the FGC

There used to be a larger pool of good players, but you're right. I still find it fun to watch though.

Because it's not a fighting game

youtube.com/watch?v=7dWsRlzdAMQ

Is Mario a bad matchup for Donkey Kong?

smash doesn't need the FGC and FGC doesn't need smash

only thing that needs to happen is sm4sh and melee communities having babby hissyfits at each other

>When is the FGC going to accept Smash?
They already did.

Judging by the fact that it's been consistently accepted at EVO, it would seem it already is accepted. If you're complaining about other FGC people in the community not liking Smash well I'm afraid to tell you that will never go away. Street Fighter fans don't even like their own game (Street Fighter 5). Complaining is just something that people on the internet do.

>plot
>lore
Come again? This is Melee we're talking about, right?

Who's this random trucker?

Exactly this. Sup Forums and Kappa get on their high horse, but irl FGC doesn't care at all.

If people cared about the lore, there wouldn't have been such a shitstorm over Amiibo.

What's the lore of Smash again? Oh, right. A magical glove brings Nintendo toys to life so that they can beat the shit out of each other.

Is there some reason I'm supposed to care about what this fatass is saying

It's not at EVO because the FGC accepts it.

Your community is being duped and the only part of the FGC that pretends to accept your game (T.O.s) are people with a vested financial interest to do so..

What's kappa got to do with this?

>smash moms

what?

literally no-one gives a shit about smash "lore"

How good are you Sup Forums? Ever made it out of pools?

WHY the fuck is a 15 year old party game getting more viewers and entrants than actual fighting games? WHY?

Why in the name of god are you fucking faggots still doing this shit, and why are there so fucking much of you? Why the fuck can't good fighting games get the viewers and entrants you idiots get?

It's autism, right? It has to be fucking autism. I refuse to believe that a shitty old broken party game legitimately gets so much more views and entrants than actual competitive fighting games. You're all just inflating your fucking views and entrants with fake entries and alt. twitch accounts. I fucking know it.

There's just NO way in fucking christ that your shitty fucking dated mindless garbage actually gets the numbers that it does. I refuse to accept that.

>Your community is being duped and the only part of the FGC that pretends to accept your game (T.O.s) are people with a vested financial interest to do so..
Duped? How exactly is the smash community being tricked by being allowed at EVO? I'm not sure how traditional FGC fans saying nasty things about them online is really detracting from them as it clearly never has.

Smash players are the literal dirty, stinky niggers of the fgc; a community full of actual niggers. At least they have the decency to shower.
>Smell like piss and shit and BO.
>Steal everything in sight at CEO and LTT.
>Shit in a fountain at CEO.
>Gloat about shit like stream viewership.
>Complain about finals time and station count at events that are vehicles for other games or traditional fgc events.
>Molest your own community members.
>Smell like peepee and turds while refusing to shower.
>Boo other games that potentially interfere with your top 8 schedule.
>Have the worst version in-fighting in history, completely splitting the scene in half.
>Demand insane things like chicken tendies, SpongeBob handwarmie stations, and bowls of "red-only" M&Ms.
>Redefine decade-old terms due to having zero knowledge of fighting games.
>Complain when events refuse to supply an insane amount of CRTs, even though every other game doesn't run them.
>Have the most boring Evo top-8 in literal history that concludes with a spastic flailing around on the floor, crying.
>Take to Twitter to voice your displeasure about events instead of speaking man-to-man with TOs.
>Smell like crap and sweat while refusing to wear deoderant as university student buildings begin refering to Smash weeklies as "Stinky Days.

my question is

why do FGC people even care?

he's talking about the history of the players not the plot of the game you fucking mongoloid

>literally no-one gives a shit about smash "lore"

Exactly. I rest my case.

Back on topic, what the hardcore Melee diehards need to understand is that acceptance is a two-way street. Look at what happens whenever Melee's younger brother Smash 4 is mentioned, and then we see just how accepting they are.

Smash takes up two spots that could go to actual fighting games.

>What's the lore of Smash again? Oh, right. A magical glove brings Nintendo toys to life so that they can beat the shit out of each other.

Actually there's three different Smash canons.

>Super Smash Bros
>the fighters are toys animated by a child's hands and imagination at his window-sill

>Super Smash Brothers Melee and Brawl
>the fighters are now figurines in a sort of table-top Mage Knight battle game in which the game play is a dramatization of the interactions of the statues on the board, Adventure Mode and Subspace Emissary being various story modules of the tabletop figurine game

>Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS
>fighters are amiibos

Video game players just smell bad

>considering EVO to be a fighting game tournament rather than a business

Speak for yourself.

I like it because it reminds me of when I was younger

youtube.com/watch?v=BgTfhUn_3Uk

Maybe actual fighting games should step their game up.

I saw you yesterday and you smell bad.

then why not take up this issue with the TOs that actually plan events instead of shit talking a community that has done it's best to exist despite all odds

i obviously meant that no-one in the smash community gives a fuck about smash "lore" either

melee is fun but the community sucks. The FGC is pretty bad, too. Just ignore everyone and play/watch melee.

nobody wants to see: Dead Generic Anime Fighter #1479

The literal only reason the FGC hates smash is because of it's EVO timeslot. They're particularly upset these days because they want SF4 to have a slot at EVO and they stupidly think it's Smashes fault that it's not there, when it's actually because Capcom only want to promote SF5.

It's always something extremely inane like SMASH WENT OVER TIME AND I HAD TO WAIT X LONG TO SEE FINALS, or whatever. Smash has a lot of viewers and that's why it's accepted at EVO, period. FGC hardcore fans just want to scream and complain Smash out of existence but it's not working and never has worked, but that doesn't mean they won't keep trying.

How many of you meleefags are also brood war fans? Just curious.

Atleast Dead Generic Anime Fighter #1479 is an actual fighting game and not a party game for children.

>Why the fuck can't good fighting games get the viewers and entrants you idiots get?

>implying there are any fighting games as good as Melee

>Nintendo release an actual fighting game in pokken
>pokken is actually good
>they don't market it or advertise it at all, almost nobody cares about it
>gets in evo but because the game is only a month old the showing is terrible and it made the FGC think it's shit
>Still doesn't have the arcade characters almost a year later

>Smash has a lot of viewers and that's why it's accepted at EVO, period

Melee is at EVO for viewers and Sm4sh is at EVO for Nintendo money. Mr. Jeward has all bases covered.

I was a brood war fan before I was a meleefag

Thats not helping its community numbers, pots, or tournaments.

>Sm4sh is at EVO for Nintendo money.
This much is true.

There's (un)surprisingly quite a lot of crossover and a lot of Starcraft folks love and respect smash.

I think a lot of people enjoy Smash because its basically a physics fighter. I enjoy traditional fighting games but they just feel so locked down compared to Smash so I can't play them nearly as long.

There are a lot of similarities to their positions as the most competitive game in their series, but not a lot of fan overlap.

Smash doesn't need some FGC for validation, it is the most popular fighting game of all time with tens of millions of sales; more popular than Street Fighter II. 15 years after the games' release it is still reaching hundreds of thousands of people with super majors every tournament, while Capcom, Netherrealm and all the weebshit fighters fight to try and get over 10k for their events.

Smash is keeping EVO alive and it was something that the PLAYERS wanted to get in, not NRS paying shitloads of money to get their trash games featured on the main stage.

Oops wrong image.

I don't care, you already have 2 anime fighters, and one is nearly dead. If you wanna play anime go to anime EVO.

>a lot of Starcraft folks love and respect smash

Yeah that's because Starcraft and Melee are high apm games for people who just like to push buttons.

This

I'm holding out hope for a Switch version that adds the arcade characters and balance fixes. But yeah, as much as I like Pokken, I really don't think it was ready for EVO.

It's like Nintendo wants to fail, but they don't.

Yeah, I'd hope that was unintentional.

That's probably the only image I've seen of Peach just having straightforward sex with Mario.

>not NRS paying shitloads of money to get their trash games featured on the main stage

This year Nintendo paid shitloads of money to put Sm4sh on mainstage.

played melee and brood war as a kid, follow both scenes as an adult

primarily watch SC2 because it was the big game when i started watching esports

>for people who just like to push buttons
what did xie mean by this?

have you played it?

Yeah, there needs to be more.
I dont mind her getting the good ol Lizard dong but Mario is ok too.

See: Weston "ballz" Dennis

>butthurt poverty communities getting cucked by two Smashes as mainstage games at every major
>Melee seeping into dedicated side tournament space with all the GameCube+CRT setups that are used for literally nothing but Melee
>TOs taking tables from another main stage game's setups because Melee needed more
>TOs taking a projector from another main stage game's setups because only like 5 people were standing around watching their pools while like a hundred were gathered around Melee's
>the sheer number of entrants, viewers, and Nintendo sponsorship means Smash will be around forever
>SF, Marvell, and NRS communities don't give a shit because the Smash dosh supports their tournaments and brings them to greater heights
Better luck next time, Vampire Loli Midnight Masquerade IV: Melancholy Requiem players.

>just pushing buttons
Lmao Ok, youre just gonna get whiff punished for free.

Nintendo, at least NoA, started shilling Sm4sh hard as a competitive game because they mistakenly see Melee's longevity as a PR threat, despite a relatively small portion of people even caring about that shit.

At this point it's the Smash community that needs to accept the FGC because the Smash community is much larger and relevant now.

you mean the guy that has fallen out of the top 10 and is like top 25 right now?

>Starcraft
>whiff-punished

Melee is an interesting game but I find that there's a little too much redundant button pressing. Stuff like L cancelling, ledge dashing, wavedashing, multishines, shield dropping, this and that and this and that. All these things have to be practiced so much and are just hard to input for the sake of being hard to input.

In Melee the "gods" almost always beat everyone else because there's so much needless tech skill involved that they win simply by nature of having like 10 fucking years of it ingrained into their brains. Makes tournaments not that exciting when you know what the placements are going to look like most of the time before the tourney even starts.

Street Fighter is much less "tech" skill heavy, but it's smart in the sense that the button presses are a vehicle for a decision or action and not just hard button presses for the sake of being hard.

Yes, did you need to google him?

Isn't a complaint about Smash that moves are too simple to pull off? Sure, those specific techs are more difficult, but at the same time literally hitting a button and one direction will do the rest of your moves.

Fuck off. You subhumans smell like shit and stink up every venue. Learn how to bathe yourself.

>n Melee the "gods" almost always beat everyone else because there's so much needless tech skill involved that they win simply by nature of having like 10 fucking years of it ingrained into their brains. Makes tournaments not that exciting when you know what the placements are going to look like most of the time before the tourney even starts.

not really, Plup and Wizzy are much more technical players than Mango or M2K, it's all in the mentality

Plup tilts pretty much instantly vs everyone where Armada or Hbox are almost unshakable

>Smell like piss and shit and BO
I can get behind this.
A bunch of autists managed to convince my university to allow them to use a small lecture theatre every week or so, so that they could hold weekly smash tournaments

I went to the first couple but stopped real soon. One of the reasons was because these guys collectively made the room smell of garlic chutney and piss.

Do none of these fuckers wear deodorant? Honestly, it's not expensive

>Isn't a complaint about Smash that moves are too simple to pull off?
You will hear a lot of complaints from people who have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

>Plup and Wizzy are much more technical players than Mango
Not at all. Nothing Sheik or Samus or Falcon do is more technically demanding than mango's Fox and Falco actions.

The only "gods" that are technical are Leffen and Armada. M2K, Mango, and Hbox are all less technical than a lot of other top players.

>L cancelling, ledge dashing, wavedashing, multishines, shield dropping
That's all just muscle memory and it doesn't take that long to get good at doing that stuff. Anyone who plays casually for a year can master all that stuff.

it's not about the character but the player

mango didn't start shield dropping until last year, and while he's good at it now it took a while. Plus he drops things that should be simple for someone at his level like jab-upsmash as fox

plup and wizzy have been shield dropping since it was a thing. I would say Plup has the best platform movement of probably everyone

Westballz and SFAT are both more technical than mango. Syrox is too and he's not even close to them. Even literally whos like Relno are way more technical than every god. Tech skill definitely gives Melee a skill barrier, but it doesn't matter as much as you think at the absolute top, as long as you have the basic tech skill down.

God SFAT is so hateable. I don't even know why I hate him, but every time he speaks I just want him to stop talking. Also PewPewU looks like a baby.

>ledge dashing
>Anyone who plays casually for a year can master all that stuff.
>Top players still constantly miss ledge dashes

Does anyone have that article where Sakurai said that if people wanted to actually play a fighting game they shouldn't play smash and they should play actual fighting games? I don't get what's the point of trying to make a casual party game an actual fighting game?

Mango's movement is extremely technical and he constantly does shit like triple drill waveshining Armada into upsmash like he did over the weekend. M2K's Marth chaingrab is also an incredibly technical feat that literally no other player does as well as him. Not even PPMD gets close.

>it's not about the character but the player
It actually is about the character a lot, because some characters have astronomically more technical input than others, meaning people who play those characters have to be more technical players.

> I would say Plup has the best platform movement of probably everyone
That's aMSa by a fairly wide margin he had absolutely rock-solid consistent shield drops back in 2014 and his movement across platforms and the stage in general outclasses everyone other than maybe Axe.

> but it doesn't matter as much as you think at the absolute top
Could you maybe quote back to me where I'd made any statement about the level that techskill matters at the top?

Autists can't handle change.

You expect Melee players to switch to real fightans when they can't even switch to the latest Smash.

>people who don't understand competitive melee trying to analyze its flaws

not even all melee players call it a fighting game

also melee is nothing like normal fighting games

there is LITERALLY nothing else like melee out there to play, RoA and PM aren't the same

That more from the fact that ledge dashing is partly a crap shoot every time you do it. you can get better and better to the point you won't mess it up most of the time, but I don't think you could be 100% perfect. Especially in actual matches when the pressure is on.

SFAT is just one of a few people who've become prominent in the community based solely on ability while being outwardly just a black hole of charisma. Melee's been gifted with top players who are also good personalities which is one reason it's gotten more popular than it otherwise would have as a spectator sport, and so when you've got someone just devoid of any special personality or character they stand out in the pack.

No-one is more hateable than Fendrick though.

sakurai said so much fucking shit it's impossible to pull a real philosophy out of it

>Could you maybe quote back to me where I'd made any statement about the level that techskill matters at the top?
In you said that the gods always beat everyone else because they have 10 years of needless tech skill ingrained in their brain. Point is that their are players with better tech skill ingrained in their brains that still constantly lose to the gods because of mental game.

Just like people won't switch to SFV? Anything you try to do with that point is going to be hypocritical.

fox players always go for perfect, fully invincible ledgedashes. They'd SD a lot less if they did just alright ones but that's not optimal

Yeah Sakurai also said that everyone should be brought to the same level because he hates losing to people better than him.

George Lucas said Han shot first.

Not me.

Only Fightan I was ever into was Tekken and I assumed it was never taken seriously. I quickly got out of it when I realized how good people at actual tourneys and people who play ranked online are. Way better than I was at my VERY best.

My two cents is worthless but if I was a fag in the fighting game community, I'd say let smashfags have their fun, because they're going to regardless, but don't let them pretend they have the same kind of pedigree as Street Fighter or MvC.

Not retards, aka people, play the game for the mechanics in it, not because its genre.

The retards that don't even play the game are the only ones fighting about if it's either a fighting game or an erotic mahjong simulator.