FFXIV

What went wrong? Why is a korean MMO out-doing us?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o8JUmCwOZvM
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/7e1d69066e956707ca023409ef56680e40e2d494
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wonder if this game will ever actually play like a Final Fantasy.

Even XIII has some things of the list.

There is a reason FF11 will be remembered while FF14 will be forgotten.

Hell I play 14 and can't even tell you the main story characters names despite how much they try to sell you merchandice about then.

Doesn't matter. It's casual as fuck, so it sells more, that's what matters for square

>chocobos
>good

It might sell more but what MMORPGs really want is to keep people playing

It's about Final Fantasy elements, not quality.

they're still better than peco pecos though

I know a lot of casual folk who already think FFXIV is complex enough. You throw into too many other mechanics, and you're going to drive them off.

MMOs just go where the money is, so complexity tends to take a backseat. Would love some really complicated classes but that'd be no good.

XIV could be compared to Nintendoland. A theme park of references and nods.

>What went wrong?
WoW

>thinking any of this mattered when SAM came along and shat out solo skillchains
>thinking any of this mattered when BLU came along and shat out solo skillchains along with solo magic bursts
go back to fighting Flans, mr.useless BLM

I JUST WANT TO PLAY FFXIV BUT THE MAINTENANCE
fucking TWO days

How does squeenix get away with making such a trash "mmo"

The real meme is still secretly caring about XI after chains of promathia. I don't even know what the game is like today but I'm guessing it's a mess.

Because they wanted the WoW market, did we really need another thread about this game?

Yes, actually. Fucking maintenance.

ded gaem
ded thred

But Ragnarok had bootleg chocobos.

Pretty sure RO has some king of giant chicken mounts.

Even in my RO mobile

>that noise
>it was a fucking pet

>it was a fucking pet
knights can mount them

I mean it was also like a minion that you could summon to follow you.

I'm sure that it was the main motivation for Gravity to remove pet noises in a patch.

>Not memorizing the sc chart

What are you some kind of casual?

so when are the servers supposed to be up?

I read 12:00am PST on Wednesday, but that was before it started. It may well have changed by now.

XIfags literally cannot stop crying bitch tears about their dead MUD 15 years later, and damn if it don't feel good.

is FFXI worth getting back into? I hear it's absolutely dead nowadays and it's turned into the same generic endgame-centric mess that's infested the mindset of most MMOs. The best times of my teenage life were spent online, chatting with that auto-translate shit, yelling at japs to let me join their party.

It's trash now and everything that made it special to you is gone. Listen to big boss poster. He's entirely right. I'm just a bit sad that XIV reuses so much from XI but isn't the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=o8JUmCwOZvM

>You will never play mmos with your dad

FFXIV is such a shame compared to FFXI.

I mean, they took all the in-depth stuff and just threw it away in favour of casual shit.

This disheartens me, but I am doing jack in XIV right now waiting for the expansion, not to mention the current maintenance. With the recent free 14 day trial, I'm giving XI a shot out of curiosity.

>Makes servers a bit better for one region while making it worse for multiple regions, and completing eliminating EU players on Aether

You should look into the Dark Star project and windower. If you have enough autism to setup your own private server you can use windower and it's plugins to multibox a whole party and relive old memories.

Or just dick around with cheats and change server properties to do things you never got to do in the base game.

>multibox a whole party and relive old memories

I am averse to multiboxing usually, but if the community is dead I don't see a problem with it. And that sounds kind of neat, like in Icewind Dale, where you could design an entire party of characters and control them to tackle challenges.

>elemental weakness and resistances
Saddens me this isn't a thing anymore

It's not so bad considering its a private server and windower has enough shit to make it work and feel like you're just controlling NPC characters.

If you play XI today on official you just kinda run around with 3 NPC's that kill everything for you. I think the record for hitting level 99 is an hour or some shit to give an example of how broken they are.

But everything is weak to fire.

Is it possible to forsake said NPCs for the sake of challenge?

>New Datacenter: Sacramento, CA

Enjoy you new ping Canada.

Yes. But you'll be solo for everything up to 99. The game is piss easy as they want everyone to hit the cap as quickly as possible. I think exp had been increased by 5x the rate you've been used to before using exp increasing items.

How do I find a good fc in this game? I'm playing tank. Soon about to hit 60.

Weakness to Fire IV

Still speculation, but probably true

>I'm playing tank

Try sleeping around. I have no idea really. My server seems to be filled with normies with no interest in end game content, so I stick around in a casual/social FC where I am well liked because I help people often and because they think I am a girl.

Implying it will be any different with the godawful tickrate

Is no one using teamspeak in FF14?
Isn't that a job that is in demand?

>Is no one using teamspeak in FF14?

Playing on PS4 is my excuse for never entering voice chat. Otherwise, plenty of people use stuff like Discord.

Sad to say, it is for the most part, but sadly, it's the least needed class. Considering you can clear everything without tanks at all, or even solo-tanking. I miss tanking with titan egi.Too bad this tickrate drove me insane.

Maybe now that everything is outgeared and on farm status. They'll be needed in Stormshill again.

Fuck off.

WoW didn't make you do MANDATORY 100+ quest chains that are literally 15 minutes of walking + 10 minutes of cutscenes and 1 minute of combat.

Also

>2.5 second GCD

I don't hate the fact that they try to make it a Final Fantasy game in addition to being an MMO. The mix is hardly graceful, but I know what I signed up for.

yes chocobos are good like you said user.

Don't go to Ul'dah tomorrow if you're on Balmung, some of you are alright.

Do MNKs actually use fracture or is that just a meme? Seeing a guide right now that actually recommends it

Anyone test out their ping

77 for me from the east coast

He's being a memeing retard, except in the case of 24mans and the current EX primal which won't even be current in a month.

They do. It's used, but only as a filler move if you're in stance #3, demolish has 6+s left, and ToD doesn't need to be refreshed yet.

When are the servers coming back? 3AM?

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/7e1d69066e956707ca023409ef56680e40e2d494

So in 3 hours huh?
Welp.
I wanna go to sleep with the real confirmation on the server location.

Shit nigga i was at 30-40 and im hitting about 110-120 now. Why is SE so shit when it comes to their na players

64ms from DFW area.
Montreal and Sacramento are both about 1700 miles from here so mine didn't change much.

>All the caliposters coming out on the forums saying "Well im from cali so this is a good day xD" completely unaware of greater issues

No because the servers aren't connected yet. All these ping tests people are doing are pointless.

I hope Ystola finally gets raped and turned in to a submissive little kitten like all the fucking miqotes in that game.

>Sword Oath increases power of spells by 20%, adds a cast time to all combo finishers, doubles their power and makes casting uninterruptable
>Shield Oath makes all your spells instant
>Almost Holy: 3s cast, 180 potency, 5s stun, 1600MP/cast
>Inspirit: adds 15% attack speed and 20% damage for 60 seconds, costs 2000MP

Paladin is now the caster tank who can be instant or not. Would this make PLD fun?

But user, all that matters is my ping. I literally want the most people possible other than me to have worse ping instead of it being in the center of the country where the ping is as even as possible. Don't you understand?

Can you queue in LFG with your chocobo out yet? Also do you still have to drop your group anytime you queue for something or need to enter an instance?

I don't, it's stupid and outdated.

I fixed your image OP.

you can dungeon que with your chocobo out now.
I don't quite understand your second question. queing with a group will put you all into the que together and you all have to accept to join it. if you join a group while already in a que it drops the que.

>Elemental weaknesses and resistances
You farm the gear you need to resist certain bosses, then stack classes that do the type of damage you need. No skill required, just "planning" that anyone can figure out with a quick google search or by asking someone in-game.

>Gear with various important stats
People stack the stat that gives them the most DPS and ignore the others. Even with almost no stats in XIV, there are no varying builds and people always prioritize one stat over others. If you make different encounters favour different stats, you still haven't added any choice, just forced people to change loadouts to the optimal one on a per-encounter basis.

>Gear Customisation
>Spell Customisation
>Stat Customisation
All same as above. People pick the things that are calculated to have the best performance and ignore all others.

>Branching jobs
Fundamentally no different from having jobs separate, except that tying jobs together means you can't balance one without unbalancing the other.

XI fags really need to get a grip and either accept that things which work in single player games don't work in MMOs, or just kill themselves already because your childhood is never coming back no matter how much you bitch.

Yes
Yes, make a linkshell or something if it's somebody you talk to reguarly and you want to keep talking.

>Can you queue in LFG with your chocobo out yet?
You can actually.

This is so wrong that I feel too lazy to even argue

it's a joke but it's technically "right." he just changed the extreme of having the gameplay element to a "yes" or "no"

>Huton
I know that romanizing it with a H is also correct but it bothers me due to all the people saying it wrong

Hallelujah, thanks. The second question was more an annoyance having to drop group whenever we had to jump into a solo story instance

Dunno why they didn't simply wrote it as Futon honestly.

>Cast Futon
>Ninja summons a cozy mattress and goes to sleep

>Ninja summons
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YOURE A FUCKING WHITE MALE

>adding more cast timers
FUCK OFF I SWEAR TO FUCK
GAUSS BARREL WAS A MISTAKE

>XI and XIV are not the same game

Wow.

>Gear with various important stats
>Gear customization
>Spell customization
>Stat customization
>Branching jobs

None of these were in more than 2 or so mainline games you triple nigger. Branching jobs isn't even a mainline gameplay element

And it's exactly what belongs on a bait picture like that. I'm not technically "right". I'm right.

Jobs themselves aren't a core mainline gameplay element. Only 1, 3, 5 and X-2 (plus the Tactics games) have actual job systems, in every other FF game, jobs are either fixed to a character and can't be changed, or all the characters are effectively the same and specialize by other means.

Yeah the image is correct. I'm also saving it for later thanks for editing it.

>completely eliminating EU players
I don't see the issue?

>tfw live in Bay Area
BASED
A
S
E
D

Eastcucks and possible hue br monkeys btfo Feels good man

Never played XI or XIV but I was telling some fat bitch at work that I heard XI was superior and she very angrily told me never to say that and that the community doesn't talk about XI like it was some sort of traumatic shit that happened to the FF series.
I remember the releases though and XI was hype as fuck while XIV was nonstop complaining about how everything was shit and nothing worked right.

Pretty much what he said. From consolegameswiki site because it's all written out and I'm lazy to say it myself:

"Use Fracture when you are in the appropriate form for Dragon Kick, Twin Snakes, or Demolish; the timer for it is at 4-6 seconds remaining; and when Touch of Death doesn't need to be reapplied. This ensures that the re-application of those three skills will be "staggered" so that you benefit from their full duration without missing ticks/GCDs, as Fracture is higher potency than any other non-DoT weaponskill. Do not upkeep Fracture, as this will lead to dropping your buffs/DoTs and running dry on TP quickly. "

I enjoyed this post.

>mfw East Coast babies have been crying on the forums and everywhere else

I feel like Reinhard every single goddamn day playing this game.

>there are now people in NA who have higher ping than me in NZ