How badly is my FX 6300 4.0GHz going to bottleneck this?

How badly is my FX 6300 4.0GHz going to bottleneck this?

i also have fx-6300 and i'm thinking of getting rx 480 to upgrade from my r9 270. thoughts?

None. The 6300-9590 can easily handle a 1070 in most cases with no issues. In fact your processor out does i5-(upto 6600) in games like BF1, that have horrible issues with how their engine is.

both of you, just do it. it's not gonna bottleneck a 470/570 or 480/580.

I have a 6300 and bought an rx 470. I imagine it has some bottle neck but I've played many recent current gen games at 60fps high settings

If you need a new card then may aswell pull the trigger. You should think about upgrading your CPU at some point. And going SSD/DDR4 RAM if you haven't already.

I'm gonna upgrade to a Ryzen 5 chip and board when I have the money.

i'm not sure how big is the difference between the fx 6300 and fx 6100, but i have the latter paired with a gtx 1060 and the bottleneck it causes is awful

Not likely to bottleneck it that badly. Maybe in games like CSGO or Overwatch, where you get higher FPS count and it's more CPU bound. Other than that, it'll be fine.

It's fine for games that are actually optimized for PC, but if you're talking emulators (which are bound by CPU core clock speed) like PCSX2 and CemU, you are going to be crying tears of blood.

I have an FX 6300 and i'm about to upgrade to an FX 8350

worth it bros?

not in the slightest

In gaming, probably very little if at all.

Get Ryzen or Kaby Lake.

why not

but then I need a new motherboard too, right?

my mobo is AM3 but ryzen is AM4. do they cross over at all

Why would you do that when you can get ryzen?

no. I thought about this but the difference in performance between the two is so negligible that it's pointless. Upgrade to a Ryzen 5 or 7 chip and am4 board

From someone who has an FX-8350, don't bother. Go Intel or go home. If it absolutely has to be AMD, get a Ryzen. I cannot emphasize this enough.

You're gonna get a shitty already old CPU, instead of spending maybe 150-200 more for an amazing setup with a new Ryzen, assuming you don't want to get a 7700K.

You must be fucking retarded to want an 8350 with what's on the market at the moment. Either that, or you're getting that 8350 for like $15.

You'll need a new mobo and ram. Might as well eat the cost now so you don't have to upgrade again in a couple years and have to buy a new mobo and ram anyways.

CPUs:
>G4560 - budget builds (R5 1500x - generally all you need for 60fps with power to spare. No i5
>R5 1600 - the best value for higher fps gaming & mixed usage; 1600x if you don't want to OC
>i7-7700k - bad value but good; may have heat issues even at stock clocks
>R7/Xeon - compute/multitask/mixed use, R5 if budget

Nvidia cards do better with shitty CPUs than AMD cards. Most graphics card reviews are going to test them on a Core i7 77700K which is where AMD cards perform best. On a shit CPU like the FX 6300 OP would be better off going Nvidiot.

the 8350 is just a 6300 with more cores
the performance upgrade in games would be negligible
get ryzen5 or a intel i5 6k/7k

Hello pajeet. Still on suicide watch this late in the game, are we?

It's not 20fucking12 anymore. There's literally no reason to still have an FX cpu now that Ryzen is out.
Fucking upgrade so you don't waste all the potential of a new gpu.

>Tfw MOAR COARS might not be a meme

>GTAV
Just one game that needs a good CPU to run because the optimization is shit, properly optimized games leave the damn CPU alone and force all the work to GPU

GTA V isn't badly optimized just because it's demanding.

It has long draw distances and lots of NPCs all of which put great load on CPUs.