Mario & Luigi

How can they save the series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/otTWcMs7Ifk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Make the duration of bros attack and boss attacks reasonable again.
Cut back on the hardware gimmick minigames.

Make bros attacks not just the brothers using an item.

>make the overworld shit with absolutely nothing of interest
>slap in a bunch of shitty minigames to advance the plot
>recycle said minigames every time a convenient road block is placed to bloat play time
>make attack animations longer
>make the majority of the specials reskinned jumps utilizing an item
>require picking up pieces of some shit to actually get an attack
>give the brothers less screen time to focus on something trying too hard to be funny
>throw in a shitty new gimmick style of fighting that is slow and tedious
Oh wait, you said save, not ruin.

Odds are that they can't. Superstar Saga was very much a unique product of its time. Even disregarding the recent trend toward homogenizing the games with normal Mario games, Superstar Saga was made with an almost incredible mixture of hardware limitations (that kept them from going off the rails with gimmicks), experimental trends (that are no longer surprising, like Luigi being relevant and the Beanbean Kingdom in general), and self-referential humor extending from then-contemporary games all the way back to Mario Bros. in almost equal measure. None of that gels with Nintendo's modern development strategies and without even one of those things the game would almost certainly fall flat in comparison.

The series has made several attempts to carve out its own identity, with varying levels of success, but at the end of the day it always was a fluke that would've been impossible to replicate from the second the DS was released. There is no way to make it happen again for at least another five or ten years.

Make unique characters that aren't just Mario enemy with a name or Toad. Keep the tutorial bullshit to a minimum. I can't even get into Dream Team because of the slog of a start it gives you.

Dream Team has unique characters, genius.

Why are Paper Mario fans trying to drag M&L into their shit?

The last game I played in the series was paper jam so that's why. I want to play dream team but going from finishing a game to tutorials for dream team is really annoying and feels bad.

best commedy and charm>star saga
best athmosphere and villain>partners
best game overalla and music>inside bowser
cou can't argue with this

>you can't argue with this
fuck i had a stroke

Make all tutorials optional. Thats all they need to do for me.

OC donut steel third Mario Brother creator.

It worked for Sonic.

Played partners in time and star saga. Should I buy the dream team one? I have some credit on gamestop and I saw the game for around 17 dollars.

>Bring back the Superstar Saga overworld, art style and Bros Attack system
>Allow other characters to join your party, but keep the main focus on just M&L
>Add more end game content ie. optional bossess, side stories, and secret areas.

can you just please go away or just merely stop using your name

I like this thread, it's nice
please don't ruin it

I vastly prefer the music in dream team
the dream battle music is a master piece

if you don't have any games you want to buy sure it's not great but it's still pretty fun

fuck i cannot argue with that but i still enjoyed the overworld music of bowser inside story more.
Fuck the dreamy castle song

>tfw Bowser's Inside Story is so fucking fun and good but nobody believes you because HURRR NICE VORE FAGGOT

I mean as a medfag I'm annoyed that every single part of Bowser's body looked like some Willy Wonka shit but this game was still fun as hell, I've wanted a Bowser game since the minigame in Paper Mario

>Implying Bowser Falcon Punching Dark Bowser or whatever wasn't the coolest shit

Whatever losers

This

that wasn't even the best fight
>punching a pig in the face untill he gains ice powers
>still punch the shit out of him until he becomes a giant snowball and dies

chill out with the minigames or outsource them to someone who knows what they're doing. Even all the way from Superstar Saga the minigames have been more "miss" than "hit".

Don't go too overboard with bros. moves making them last a minute long and shit unless they're the super powerful endgame ones that deserve the spectacle. Paper Jam is on the right track for the most part in this aspect.

Aside from these two I think the series is going in the right direction anyway. We already know that Paper Jam only had a simple, basic story because of the crossover so I'm not worried about M&L6 having a generic setting and story.
The writing is still as good as ever, as is the music. And the animation is better with each game. And they finally got over the tutorial fetish.

Yeah, Mario and Luigi doesn't really need saving.

I'd recommend it as long as you're patient. It's a good game but it's got pacing issues and tutorials out the ass. But what's hidden under those tutorials is great.

You could just sum up every single part with Bowser as

>Just punch the fucking shit out of it until it fucking dies

I actually started maining Bowser in Smash because of this game honestly

Add Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong

I don't know how it'll work. That's Nintendo's job.

>Best villain
>Implying Shroob is better than Cackletta
I like Shroob's design but she has little personality and is hardly present in the story at all, then she's replaced by a shoehorned final boss. Meanwhile Cackletta is a threat from the beginning and showing up even after her death fake-out.

>shroobs
>best villains
Ha, no. It's a toss up between Fawful and the Bowser duo.

>Finally leave Bowser
>Forget that you literally left him in town
>He busts in on at the Doctor's for a fight
>He starts using all the shit you taught him against you

20+ hours of gameplay/story AFTER all the tutorials are finished

another 20 hours of optional side stories

for real though, there shouldnt be tutorials an hour before the final boss

from a personality stand point you are right but as a faction they are fucking scary man
>straight out murdering toads by sucking their juices in trees
>transforming people in purple shrooms
>actually destroying the mushroom kingdom and getting shit done

they are pretty blank but they pose a real fucking threat from start to end

I was so sad there wasn't a boss fight against the bros as Bowser

Miyamoto would have probably had a heart attack if they did that

>Bowser subconsciously respects the bros so much they're the guardians of his brain

>Shroobs
>best villains
>BIS
>not having inferior gameplay to SSS

>Miyamoto would have probably had a heart attack if they did that
because absolutely no game in the entire Mario & Luigi series has had a fight between the Bros. and Bowser
ever

was the SSS remake fake?

That's true. As an organization they were pretty cool. I still have to give it to Fawful though cause he got shit done. He basically accomplished everything he wanted until the very end.

Re-read my post you monkey

>fight against the bros AS Boswer
>AS Bowser

>Super Donkey Kong RPG
>A family of tiki-wearing bear brothers have stolen the Crystal Coconut from your old man Cranky
>They've even seized control of the Kremling Korps by stealing K. Rool's crown!
>Team up with old friends and foes to restore Kong Country to its rightful order!

>Miyamoto would have probably had a heart attack if they did that
what about smash?

>not liking the snappiness of bowser's combat
>not getting scared by alien mushrooms killing you your family and burning your house

i'll give you that shroobs are not that interesting but they got shit done real quick

I want an RPG with Bowser and Peach as the protagonists. Their moves together could be funny like Peach slapping Bowser into enemies or kissing him on the cheek to power him up.

Paper Jam and Dream Team were mostly fine.

Paper Jam had the annoying toad fetch missions and lack of unique characters (this is mostly because of Paper Mario) but besides that it was solid overall.

Dream Team just had too many tutorials and the motion controls in giant battles were unreliable and annoying, but besides that, that game was great too.

To make the next ML game great, they just need to tone down on the tutorial garbage and have more unique characters like the Shroobs, Fawful, etc.

>Bowser learns important story information that what the bros are doing will lead to destruction on a global scale
>During a section of playing as the bros Bowser shows up to stop you
>Fight starts but instead you're switched to playing as Bowser but on the left side of the screen

I don't know but it really was a missed opportunity to not work in a fight where you battle the brothers as Bowser.

they also should stop putting chracters from older entries just for the sake of it like fawful in partners and the thief guy in dream team

All it needs is more characters

I remember someone posted a good plot for a M&L game that instead of mario and luigi you control Wario and Waluigi

I absolutely hated how Luigi wasn't an actual party member for most of the game. Playing as empowered Mario was really boring and unnecessary. Felt like a gimmick on all fights. In fact the whole game was a huge gimmick.

>Wind up in Bowser's bloodstream (???)
>On the Body Chart as "Rump Command" or something
>Do... Stuff
>He comes back to life and kicks ass
>Yfw you did a literal asspull

>we will never have a 4 man bros move

why even live

>Wario & Waluigi: Partners in Crime

Dream Team music was this amazing blend of early Mario Party and Mario Kart music. You ever play that shit with headphones on? Fuckin' magic

These games are good but have just gotten progressively worse, in my opinion. I ended up not even finishing dream team and I never played paper jam. Is it better than dream team?

i don't know man maybe im beeing harsh on it because i absolutely hated a coupke of the traks. Still was jamming at the dreamy boss music

nope. i feel you on dream team but try finishing it's still worth it

this

This is the first time I've seen a BiSfag act like they're in the fucking minority, holy shit.

I'm sad now that I just realized we're more likely to get a Rosalina and Peach game than Wario and Waluigu

Would play.

Although I'd probably play any DK game.

DK is the fucking best.

thats how you know it's bait faggot

youtu.be/otTWcMs7Ifk

I would also argue that dream team has the second funniest dialogue in the series, maybe only second to the first game
Some of the beef brothers parts were great

Do people on Sup Forums seriously care about kiddie shit like mario?
I liked paper mario when but it was ages ago.

like everything in that game there are a lot of really good things but also a lot of debatable/bad things

By taking it out back and shooting it. Nintendo is incompetence made flesh.

Is there anything that isn't bait to you cocksleeves, jesus christ

user just ignore him and he will go away

I hope not, assuming it'd be faithful, they could relearn how to make good M&L games.

Please no more bro items. Please. It was alright iroducing the, once, but constantly bringing them back isn't. The Fire Flower could have easily been changed around instead of using the exact same animation every following game, same goes for other returning items.

I just hope this remake announcement is a good thing and not a bad thing.

Remake superstar saga

im terrified they will make them have an artstyle similar to dream team and change the bros moves

>Rosalina
No, please... Daisy

They did.

End it and let AlphaDream make a new IP.

Why's you quote me you big gay? I wasn't saying anyone was baiting.

>BiS
>Bowser's in Story
BIS*
It's called "Bowser's Inside Story"

No more generic fucking Toads. In fact do it like the old Paper Mario games and have tons of unique characters, multiple towns, less linear dungeons, side content.

REMOVE THE YELLOW BOB OMB STAR BITCH FOR FUCKS SAKE

Go back to Superstar Saga. In terms of mechanics, lighten up on the gimmicks.

Wasn't she Bowser's immune system or some shit

Why the fuck is she still around

M&L has always been linear as fuck

i think a mix with sss an bis would be perfect, also gimmiks are okay outside of combat if not overused

Stop making Mario and Luigi games and make a Peach and Daisy (with Rose) game.

but user how do i play a game with only one hand?

where is it

Where have you been
Dataminers found the 3DS icon for the game with new artwork in the eShop, someone saw the icon on the 3DS home screen at a press event for upcoming 3DS games (EverOasis, Pikmin 3DS, Miitopia)

It's coming dude

She was a star sprite that visited the Mushroom Kingdom to help solve the problem of toads turning thicc.

Ah ok, to be fair it's been like five years since I played it, and it was the last M&L game I played before rebuying SS on Wii U

Post the new artwork.

>best athmosphere and villain>partners
no

Fawful = Cackletta > Antasma > Shroobs > 2 Bowjas

Save from what exactly?

Paper Jam was a good game

And they already confirmed that the setting and no OC story was a one time thing

The problems with Dream Team were fixed with Paper Jam gameplay wise

So there's literally nothing bad right now
Imagine the SSS remake with PJ's graphics and improvements
The already great bros moves will be even more satisfying with the Paper Jam flare and sound effects

make mario and luigi the villains, wario and waluigi the protagonists

make an interesting overworld

NO MORE TUTORIALS

bros attacks, no items

I dont know if Nintendo is still capable of making good games, but this would be the best strategy on all fronts.

>we get a game based in dreams
>no subcon, no wart

you had ONE job, nintendo

So... make bros attacks bros attacks again??
I disliked that too, even the commands for the item attacks felt dumbed down.

>Make an interesting overworked
SSS and DT
>NO TUTORIALS
Paper Jam fixed that
>Bros attacks no items
Paper Jam has items that are really quick and satisfying, regular acrobatics can only do so much

You've got that all wrong.
You're pumping him full of adrenaline, and it doesn't happen from rump command.

Let's just take a moment to actually appreciate that the series has no bad games and based Alpha Dream will always keep improving.

Even Paper Jam had a bunch of improvements to make up for the weak story and World despite it arguably being the best and only proper RPG set in the Mario World with known characters

Nono. The icon was datamined, along with Ever Oasis' icon, and the icon for Ever Oasis was the same as the one that was later seen at the press event.
No one actually saw the M&L icon at the press event.

They haven't even announced it yet. Nintendo's playing dumb. This is basically the same situation as Twilight Princess HD, where it was discovered months before it was officially revealed.
We're probably going to see it at E3.

>even the commands for the item attacks felt dumbed down.
Definitely not the case. The commands get more complex with each game.

So user is talking outta his bootyhole about "new artwork". Gotcha.

Chances are there will be new artwork when it's revealed. We just don't have anything yet.