New Phantom Dust thread

New Phantom Dust thread.
It's up on Windows 10 and Xbone, for free.

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/phantom-dust/9pcdnbhr11mr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>It's FREE*
>*Now with the cool new feature of microtransactions,

Looks like shit

ebin

play through the singleplayer and you never have to worry about them. they are just a shortcut for lazy asses who want to skip the good campaign

link for the game btw:
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/phantom-dust/9pcdnbhr11mr

native res runs like shit, like what the fuck its a Xbox game.

*a single $5 microtransaction for multiplayer unlocks you can get from playing the game normally

Windows 10 Store is a fucking joke. You can't even find the game when searching for it.

I had to find the DLC and then use the link on that page just to get to the game. You would think that something like this would get a spot on the front page of at least the games section,

It's pretty fun so far.
But what is "memory box" for?

There's a terminal to your right of Leader. The first few are tutorial texts, everything after is lore.
Also, friendly reminder to not jump off the level during multiplayer matches. I saw that happen four times in one match.

Do i need xbox live to be able to play this? :(

on the bone you probably need gold, on windows 10 you probably just need an xbox account.

>It's ok when Let It Die does it

Is it? Because I thought that was the entire reason that game died.

>windows
>have account
>still can't play

wellp, guess i have to uninstall it

It died because it sucks lmao

I see you everywhere, it seems like you have no life at all. Why do people dislike you so?

It wasn't okay and everyone hated that aspect.

Honestly the only thing that killed Let it Die for me were the fucking load times.

Since last thread died cause we hit the bump limit, Is anyone else's game just crashing when you launch it? I was able to play for an hour before it started doing that.

My download is almost done on Xbox.
I'm pretty hype.

Microtransactions in LiD are utterly optional. You never need to pay any cent.

How long is it free for?

You really want to, though, storage space is a fucking bitch otherwise.

Permanently

forever apparantly. probably an apology gift for cancelling the reboot

Forever.

>windows 10 exclusives

>and Xbox One

Microtransactions in every F2P game are optional, that doesn't mean the core gameplay doesnt suffer in order to promote purchasing things.

this game is total shit

Friendly reminder that Edgar did nothing wrong.

In this case, Phantom Dust doesn't suffer at all. Literally, the main microtransaction is "unlock all 300+ skills for multiplayer immediately" to skip going through singleplayer for them.

>had to seriously fuck with permissions to just get to the game files
windows apps are fucking trash
at least the assets are all just kind of sitting there waiting to be fucked with

Which one?

Everything working just fine for me. Quick match doesn't work but just use opti to join rooms.

Go away, shill.

>Paccato shoots me through the ground and kills me

Why is this even fucking allowed in current year

Neat

>free
>shill

>People are gonna start shitposting on your favorite video game

I'm feeling a weird mix of relief and dread

should i have posted a BLACKED thread or TWO SCOOPS BLONALD GRUMPFFF thread instead?

>start

But they already have

space man

How was the previous thread by the way? I'd like to know what Sup Forums thought about Phantom Dust.

he obviously wanted you to say something nice about her(!)

>Kill the remake for a cheaper remaster
>Blame the dev for using the money elsewhere which was bullshit
>Still force micro-transactions and Gold for Xboner cucks
>Then ditch azure in favour of P2P "back up" which appears to be the main hosting system like Halo TMCC all over again

greatness awaits

>people complain about microtransactions
>all of which are in the multiplayer which barely anyone will likely play
>you literally get a whole single player RPG for free
>it's bad because muh M$ boogeyman
Sup Forums was a mistake

Did anyone else who installed it through the W10 store have an issue where you launch it, and after 1-3 seconds it just closes?

Anyone have any idea on how to fix it?

Connecting my bluetooth earbuds fixed my issue, but I was told it may be a microphone issue, you could try to disable your mic if you have one.

Finally downloaded on Xbox.
Fuck year

>that nurse
HNGGGGHHHHH

It's not half bad. It does suffer a bit from that "westerners take too much inspiration from animu" type thing, but it's no fucking Jak and Daxter, it puts its own spin on it and stays clear of the bug-eyes.

wtf I can't beat the first boss, I'm too casual for this

>first thing I do is check out the Online
>look at the store
>see this

More stuff than I thought there was gonna be.
Oh well, I'm gonna start the single player and get the basics down first.

what the fuck is phantom dust

Phantom Dust is Japanese, bro. It's made by Yukio Futasugi, the guy who made Panzer Dragoon.

Well that's weird.

It's probably about as damning as it gets that I thought the art style was by westerners.

Glad more people will get to play this hidden gem.

Microsoft should try to port some classic Xbox games like Ninja Gaiden Black, Breakdown and Jet Set Radio Future to Windows 10 and Xbox One, because back then almost no one had an Xbox, so these games will end up forgotten.

This looks way more confusing than moba webms.
What are those spheres for?

How does saving in this game work?
Autosave?

yes, everything just auto saves

>It does suffer a bit from that "westerners take too much inspiration from animu" type thing

The game is 100% Japanese.

>Sega says they wanna reboot old IPs
>Microsoft starts remastering original Xbox games like this and Voodoo Vince
If they teamed up and put the old Sega Xbox games revivals on there we could actually get JSRF on PC through Play Anywhere. I'm liking this direction for both companies tbqh.

You build a deck of cards and the spheres are the cards. Press whichever of the four face buttons you want to assign that move to that button.

>microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/phantom-dust/9pcdnbhr11mr

Thank you. I wasn't having any luck searching for it or xbox or microsoft.

Do Microsoft hate money or something?

>windows 10 exclusive

hell no senpai you couldn't pay me to put that shit on my computer

The spheres are "cards" you have a deck of 30 of them to start out with and you start with 4 in your hand by default.

The meter in the circle is your mana you have which you need to cast spells.

Some spells only last once while others have infinite uses.

There are stat buff spells, spells that effect everyone, spells that remove spells from other people, defense spells, and then attack spells.

No one can take from your "deck" of cards, your 3 spheres will always spawn in the same spawn which is near your respawn.

From there its games of cat and mouse switching up cards as needed.

This is midway through a match since often the first minute or two of a match are people building up their mana and getting cards they want.

I still am having a hard time believing this is real and that I've been playing it.

you forgot
>release it for free to get good boy points for your chicken tendies

is this a more single player orientated game or is it designed more for MP with single player as the afterthought?

Is this working for anyone on win10?

I get a window that opens saying phantom dust then it closes after install?

The singleplayer campaign is very strong, and the game was made to use Xbox Live in its infancy. It exalts both equally.

Both as the other user said.
I'm the one who posted the webms so yup game is working just fine single and multiplayer.

this looks too hard do people seriously play this? how? where are all the popup notifications? how can it be playable with the items not being autohighlighted or auto collected like DOOM which is way more realistic,

The shitposting begins.

>I'm the one who posted the webms so yup game is working just fine single and multiplayer.
how did you start it from store or that xbox app? both open a small window then it auto closes? win10 says no new updates available even though i checked.

>it's a Tsubutaki wants to kill herself level

doesn't even work at 60fps
game is shit

>This is my punishment.

This game is wonderful. Feels good to be back.

I'm assuming windows app

It's not free if you are the product being sold desu

So what are they gonna gives us for canceling scalebound and fable legend

A Viewtiful Joe port and Black & White for Xbox.

>Windows 10 exclusive
Way to ruin it.

This game is pretty fun yo and I been doing just tutorials.
Hope it picks up.

All I get is this window then it auto closes what should I do or how are you starting it from teh search it looks like?

is there a way to verify the download like steam does with cache i cant get it to start.

I really can't remember, but I had the exact same problem you are back when gears 4 came out. I think I had to reinstall windows store somehow or something of that affect.

But yeah I just launch all games through the search, which I don't know if it would work for you. Might look online for games closing that are windows 10.

There is literally no reason to not be using Windows 10 at this point unless you're a complete idiot or using Linux and if you're using Linux why are you complaining about a game not working in the first place.

just tried some ms bingo game and that workled but this doesnt how do we reinstall ms store?

I couldn't find the fucking bar because those guys blocking the stairs and here I found the bar way on the other side of the map.

If I could help I would, worse case you might have to try reinstalling the game.

I did the gears 4 thing many moths ago now, I remember nothing anymore.

thumbnail reminded me of MGS1's coloring scheme, im gonna go replay it now

>There's a fucking skill that lets you listen in to the other team's voice chat
I keep finding new awesome shit I forgot about this game.
Also party chat was a mistake.

Can you not set it to fullscreen? And is the game locked to 30fps?

Shame if so. I'll still play it though. Seems very unique.

Alt + enter puts it in fullscreen.

Just hit Alt+Enter it works just fine
>example

No way of changing FPS as of yet? Or would that fuck with the game and 30fps is just what it has to run at?