What's a bunny hop?

>he doesn't just use a script

it's an old stupid thing FPS used to have that was artificial difficulty

thank g*d valve, halo, CoD, and overwatch got rid of it once and for all

sounds pretty lame and cringe...

how long did you have this planned?

>5 replies
>4 posters

I pretended to bunny hop in CS so people thought I was 1337. Of course I ended up going slower than just normally running.

What the FUCK am I reading?
KYS faggot for this shitty b8.

>being so retarded you can't flick down on the mouse wheel

yeah it sucked and was for losers that played dumb games that required no skill, like quake

how the fuck do you b-hop without pressing spacebar???

In CSS and TF2 yeah
It's alot harder in GO so kinda

bind jump to mousewheel up

in HL engine games it didn't have input buffers like in quake, so you either had to time space exactly every time, or bind it to mousewheel and flick it every time you were about to hit the ground

CSS and TF2 didn't really have it though. I mean the speedcaps were so low it made such marginal difference.

The only FPS I've played that had bunny hopping was Painkiller.

I think.

Not consistently but I could usually get at least 5 jumps before fucking up.

>calling strafejumping "bunnyhopping"
Fuck off child

>bunnyhop level
>youtube.com/watch?v=wIIi38dHjos starts playing

its not just moving side to side retard

its a method of moving forward faster

>so underage he doesn't even know the difference between strafejumping and bunnyhopping

ADMIN HE DOIN IT SIDEWAYS

>bunny hop
that looks like strafejump though

>in HL engine games it didn't have input buffers like in quake,
So that's why I can bunnyhop all day in Quakeworld but can't do it for shit in any GoldSrc/Source game.

Meh.

he's not holding W, it's not strafejumping

I'm pretty sure both bunnyhopping and strafejumping require you to hold W.

in classic qw/goldsrc bunnyhopping, holding W actually slows you down, the whole thing is using just A, D and jump in combination with air control

I guess...? It looks simple enough to do, though I don't know the context.

IIRC they tried to kill bunny hop in Counter Strike, but they couldn't. Now I'm legitimately curious, can youbunny-hop in Overwatch?

Overwatch has no advanced movement techniques. No bunnyhopping or strafejumping and no air control to speak of.

The only reason it's in Valve games (despite them continually and sometimes successfully trying to kill it) is because Valve's engines are based off ancient Quake 1 tech, including player movement and how friction is handled.

FROM IVY

We're actually at the point where bait is this fucking cheap and low effort.

And yes, I realise that I shouldn't respond because it's bait. But come the fuck on, man.

Nope. Even if your speed changes after you jump (IE sprinting as 76 then letting go midair or jumping just before speed boost from Lucio wears off) your velocity is slowed down automatically. The game is designed around being as simple as possible.

momentum doesn't do anything to movespeed in overwatch, you always move at a fixed speed

>nu-Blizzard
>allowing their games to have any advanced tech of any kind ever
lol

But OW has a far more complicated movement mechanic (Lucio), the reason why bunny hoppin is not there is because it breaks immersion since it looks so retarded

What's so complicated about Lucio? He's just a slow Titanfall pilot with none of the movement depth.

Any scrub can wallride on titanfall, being consistently good at wallriding as lucio is much harder
he is also faster now than he used to be

Literally everything in Overwatc is designed for any scrub to be consistently good at. Does Lucio accelerate as he rides on walls yet?

>Any scrub can wallride on titanfall
anyone can wallride on titanfall, only good players can into fast.

>game claims to be realistic or tactical
>players can bunnyhop
into the trash it goes

ive actually shown this video to a bunch of younger guys when they talk about "mad skills" in current gamers. every single time they are just fucking mesmerized.

Yeah. It's easy with a trackball mouse.

I can bhop in 1.6 with 10aa
how fucking mad are you guys

Is this why FPSs aren't as fast as Doom or Half Life 1? Because they're afraid of players having fun breaking the engine?

Not entirely, but not having any movement tech doesn't help.

i used to be able to bhop with spacebar instead of scroll wheel but it's really hard to keep it going for any meaningful amount of distance

>tfw learned to bunnyhop in a shitty F2P Facebook Quake clone when I was underage

It was fucked up because the game was really P2W, I had to outspeed my opponent with movement and outsmart him to win with the shitty free weapons

strafe jumping and bunny hopping are 2 different things

strafe jumping is a quake 2/3 thing where you hold down W

bunny hopping is just A/D with air strafing

>Lucio
>complicated
lol

what game was this

yes

>using an ability the exact way it is intended
>advanced tech
lol

This isn't hard to do, at all. Titanfall does not have difficult movement.

No, I'm a useless fucking casual

Gets a small boost as he jumps off the wall now

Yes, I can.

A way to move faster and be a little harder to shoot because lolhitboxes in video games.

It's been kind of phased out in modern video games because gamepads are more used than KB+M and it can't really be done on a pad.

It's not really hard to do once you've figured it out, it's just really fucking hard to figure out HOW to do it, if you get me.

I used to cheat:
>bind mwheel up to jump
>mwheel down to jump
This makes it easier to spam jump
>run
>jump forward
>let go of w
>press a
>turn left with mouse
>spam wheel so you jump again as soon as you land
>do the same thing with the w key and turning the mouse right

The key is to fucking forget the W key exists once you've started jumping.

but both air strafe and bunny hop are in Titanfall

I keep fucking up the tutorial in Fortress Forever

people still play that game? I thought it was DOA after like a week

I'm bringing it up since it's one of the few games I know of that have a bunnyhopping tutorial.

youtube.com/watch?v=SNvDUO42Hys

We sea demons?

>H-he's fast!

So what modern games have bunnyhopping? Can I bunny hop in CSGO and TF2?

Bind jump to right click?

No, couldn't figure it out. Never put much more thought into it because I didn't play too many games that benefitted from it.

I'm wondering more is how people can keep up a rhythm for this, I either just start spamming A and D like crazy while spinning the mouse and forgetting to jump

they crippled it in both those games to cater to casuals, so not really, may as well not even bother

I constantly am pressing both a and D but I somehow learned when to press which button to maintain speed while spamming them

Was phoon really legit?

>EPG
my nigga

Only D.Va can. When you use her boosters she sometimes says "Bunny hop!"

>as fast as Doom
I wouldn't say Doom is that fast outside of SR45/50 shenanigans to be honest.

Doom has never been that fast yet people remember it being fast

I don't understand

On a higher level of play, like say deathmatch or speedruns, the use of straferunning is indeed quite fast. Otherwise you can generally go at your own pace with the game as far as vanilla levels are concerned, but user-made maps are definitely much more challenging

>he forgot to set run as default

There is air control in OW it just feels really trashy since it's not confined to mouse movement at all

You sprint at the fucking speed of light in Doom. Doomguy literally runs at about 60 MPH

In most modern shooters you """sprint""" at the speed of a 500-pound man who just heard he can get two big macs for $5

>Thief: the metal age still had silly arena FPS jumping before they removed it in 2

Nice to see children respecting the past

why does no one play titanfall
the it's got all the movement tricks and speed you could want plus newer stuff like the grapple where you can fly across the entire map yet niggas just want to keep playing counterstrike or whatever the fuck

no. couldnt replicate at LAN

scripter

I love how people say that bunny hop took skills and that new games are casual because they don't have it when 95% of the people actually did bunny hop just used a macro or binded it into the mousewheel.
It's a shitty mechanic that should belong in the past

Bunny hopping is the micro of FPSes.
Micro killed the RTS genre so if bhopping was still a thing, FPS would be dead.

yeah i used to stay up all night playing on bhop servers in css

Because the first Titanfall was utter garbage, I have no reason to care about its sequel.

Doom can be pretty fast.
shit, your movement speed with autorun on (set joyb_speed to 29 in the config file in OG Doom since it doesn't expose an autorun setting in the config) is pretty high on its own

>the first titanfall was utter garbage

I love going fast in video games, I've replaced my blood with pharmaceutical grade speed. Going fast is all I know how to do.

I tried to go fast once and ended up an ascetic free from mortal concerns.

A single sane person in a sea of people who think having a useful tech to practice and master in order to gain an advantage is somehow a bad thing

I'm a huge advocate for complex movement mechanics in video games, because to me it's another pillar of the gameplay. If you have shit movement, you notice.
That being said, every game needs to having bunny hopping, I need to go fast and there's not many games to satisfy my craving.

go to bed brandon

FINE

>lol let's add a breathing button so that people who know how to use it well get another advantage!
Tribes Ascend got bhopping right: by replacing it with something that achieves the same effect with less bullshit.

Does thief have bunny hopping? Even though a game like thief doesn't need it I realized that simply jumping at the right time without anything else will increase your speed to insane levels to the point hitting a wall kills you

The source material is shit, but the attack on titan tribute game has really fun movement with a really high skill cap. It's so satisfying once you get good at seamlessly keeping up a high speed. I used to be able to compete for top kills in random servers, but I didn't play for a couple years and people have advanced way past me now. I'm excited to see what it will look like eventually when some guy has been playing it every day for 10 years.

VGS
FAST
HAYAI
tfg numbah one

>thank g*d

OUT MIDDLE