For those of you considering getting a PS4, do you think the slim is still worthwhile...

For those of you considering getting a PS4, do you think the slim is still worthwhile, or is it pointless to get anything but a Pro?

I got Pro, just because I got a good deal and I don't consider sub-1080p at sub-30fps acceptable this day and age. Also it's almost a matter of time before we'll start getting "Pro exclusives", which may be sooner than later if the rumors of Sony pushing out their next-gen machine as early as 2018 end up being true.
All the talks about "it's only worth if you got 4K TV!" are bullshit. I play at 1080p, and I simply want AA and steady(-er) framerates.

I don't see how anyone considering purchasing a PS4 could even think of doing anything other than getting the pro

Look on ebay for bundles, theres a solid one with 2tb internal upgrade and persona 5 on there

-lies about the 4K requirements
-people wanting to save pennies and "just play"
-"muh aestetics"

list goes on. In other words, hype, lies, and gullible masses. If all of those could be remedied over night, everyone would own a nice mid-tier PC already.

I'd rather get a slim. It's cheaper and a performance improvement is barely noticeable

get a pro, worth it for 60fps and 1tb hard drive.

"why the hdd" you say, well the ps4 doesnt actually run games from disc, it copies them to the hdd.

900p sub-30 fps versus 1440p+ 60fps

The performance improvement is certainly greater than "barely noticeable"

Unless you need the extra $100, get a Pro. If the price was substantial I'd see why people would opt for the slim, but $100 is fuck all unless that money is needed for agmes obviously. I could go on about the benefits even to 1080p owners, but Google and Digital Foundry can do a better job of that.

I saw a lot of anons pick the slim because "who cares its a whole $100!!!"

>if the rumors of Sony pushing out their next-gen machine as early as 2018 end up being true.

The rumors are for a new handheld. They already found job listings for its software on top of various patents.

Ok, Sup Forums, help me out now.
Deus Ex Mankind Divided is 70% off on PSN, is it any good? Also, Murdered Soul Suspect is 80% off

I would only care about framerate. 4k is a meme, and the Pro doesn't have enough titles running at 60 FPS to really care about it.

Both are shit, and wouldn't play DE on a fucking gamepad, no matter how streamlined & shooter-ified it is.

I only have a 1080p monitor, so I got a Slim. It was much cheaper.

I care about framerate but the Pro patches don't seem to do much to help framerate. They prioritize resolution I guess.

What's the point of getting a Pro? For starters on average most people don't have the tech for 4K. Most games aren't taking advantage of the 4K HDR anyway. I guess you can justify it for the few that do, but what are the odds that you're going to buy and play EVERY GAME that does take advantage of it?

And then to top it all off, we'll be entering next gen within 3-4 years anyway so there's really no point spending that extra money on it. I was honestly thinking about getting one since I bought my PS4 March 2016 but then realized it'd be pointless.

You're better off buying a regular PS4 or a slim and then spending that little extra money on the side on upgrading your HDD since games are getting bigger and bigger with each release.

>60fps
a wild meme appeared!

>4k is a meme

What did he mean by this?

what said.

I had to choose between Murdered Soul Suspect and Killzone Shadowfall. Everyone convinced me that Shadowfall while still being pretty meh, was miles better than Murdered Soul so I went with that. I think I played the first level of Shadowfall and haven't touched it since.

I mean I like shit like Murdered but I feel like it would've been a waste of money too. At least Killzone has multiplayer that some people still play. Regardless of what retarded mustard races will tell you, the better game out of those 2 is Deus Ex, but you should pick which game you think you'd enjoy more.

I played HR for the first time on a X360 and it was alright

>Buying a console for good graphics and performance

I was less about having to play with a gamepad, and more about to what they turned Deus Ex into with the HR and MD.

>reddit spacing

If you get a good second hand deal anything will do but if you're going to buy a new one, Pro is the only way to go.

consider this;
There's currently a deal where I could buy a 500GB PS4 Slim with second controller for AUD$299

The PS4 Pro with 1 controller is $560

The Slim is $250 and the Pro is $400.

I really don't think the Pro is worth the extra $150.

>better off buying a regular PS4 or a slim and then spending that little extra money on the side on upgrading your HDD

Are you trolling? Do you really think it's a good idea to spend the money on the inferior system, then pay to upgrade it as opposed to just buying the pro that already has the TB HDD?

bloodborne on slim = 30fps

bloodborne on pro = 30fps

Went to the local store last week and played nier and horizon on the pro and on the slim. I ended up buying the slim. Nier on the pro had this weird as fuck motion blur and the FPS wasnt stable at all, the fps was actually better on the slim. Horizon on the other hand runs at 30 on both and it looka fucking amazing on a 4k TV, i don't have one so o got the slim

bloodborne on pc = 144 petitions/s

That it's fucking pointless and some shit that marketers use to sell TVs. You only notice the difference if you're extremely close to a very big screen. You're better off with 1440p and higher framerate.

But what you just said isn't true. That's something that poor people say to justify not having one.

Nigger, 4k shits all over performance without giving you any real gains. And 4k TVs are cheap as fuck nowadays, you can get one for 500 burgers.

Pro is pretty hit or miss and twice as expensive. It's a better idea to save your money and buy a slim, then buy a decent computer for PC games.

I own a slim and it has been great. But I mostly play singleplayer games on it then multiplayer on my PC.

Picked up a slim for persona and a few other exclusives. If I wanted framerate, vr, or actual graphics then is just use my pc. There is no appeal to the ps4 pro in my eyes

You need new glasses, user

To me the pro is worth it even with only a 1080p screen. You get either bumped visuals, sometimes even in the form of upgraded textures/lighting, or otherwise a 60 fps mode. Also, FF XV will be getting a "Stable" 60 fps mode in june, Of course id only recommend if you plan to mainly game on ps4.

i wasn't aware of this 60fps mode. Is it really true? I thought the boost mode only gave a slight framerate bump

NOTHING RUNS AT 1440p 60FPS ON THE PRO.

its either higher FPS or higher Res NOT BOTH

also the only game i know of that runs NATIVE 1440p is a game from last gen

Yes, the "high performance mode" is 1080p without HDR, and generally tends to generate neat jaggie-free image WITH better framerates.

The end result depends on the games themselves. Some games have not been patched to make use of Pro's crossfire GPUs at all, while some of the flagship games really do shine.

The real question is, as a gentleman of poor disposition, when can I expect for the consoles best titles to drop sub $30.00? My soul refuses to pay more than that for a game.

Boost mode is separate. Its a tool sony added to the ps4 pro itself. Only a developer's update to a game can go past the framerate cap, thats what the FF XV 60fps mode is. Thankfully they didnt neglect it and kept working on it since they couldnt get it at launch

Was a late bloomer. Main'd a PC for awhile. But yeah, got a good deal on a PS4pro and an LG 55' 4k with hd and all that other bullshit. Really haven't touched it aside of some psn games and some tearaway for my daughter.

i saw digital foundry's video on FFXV's '60fps mode', and im sure they said it was fluctuating around the 40-50fps mark.

The original mode, or the more recent announcement? They said they were going to update in june to that mode would be real 60fps

Ps4 games are dirt cheap on ebay because there so many of them in circulation, that plus regular sales console games have honestly never been cheaper. Apparently theres even some best buy club that will save you shit tonnes off new games

I know that feel

My PS4 collects dust and has since ive owned it.

i didn't know about a more recent announcement. My point was that since the pro came out i have heard of numerous games getting framerate enhancements, but i am not aware of any hitting true 60fps. I hope I'm wrong though

Sorry, correction: They said they were GOING to keep working on it. I cant find a post specifically saying they actually had the mode ready to ship. Again though, at least theyre keeping at it

>60fps
Hold it right there. Getting a Pro doesn't automatically make every game run at that framerate. If the game runs natively at 30fps, it'll stay at 30fps. You'll only get more stability in the framerate.

Yes, this means you can't run Bloodborne at 60fps.

And this is exactly how Sony wants consumers to think.

Why buy the more affordable option when Sony will make more money on this one?

Some games like Tomb Raider have a legit 60 fps mode tho. I dont think he meant all games had it

>get a pro, worth it for 60fps
Except it doesn't do that, you fucking shill.

If only PS exclusives would take advantage of the Pro hardware...

Oh wait, those are are the only ones that do, which aren't playable on PC.

I'd go for the Slim.
Their prices are around $250 for a slim with game bundle or a bit under $400 for the Pro. If you really cared about the best performance then you'd be better off making a decent PC instead. I don't think the Pro really took off either so I don't see them doing any Pro exclusives.
Then again E3 is coming up and there's always the chance for a new bundle, or a price drop. If you can hold off a month then do it. I can see something like a "spite Microsoft with a price drop on the Pro before Scorpio comes out" kind of thing happening.

Not all, but again, games like Tomb Raider and Last of us Remastered have it

i got the pro, mainly for future proofing. That's what my recommendation would be.

Slim. If you really cared about graphics you wouldn't be buying a PS4.

Also, developers can add in extra modes any time they want via update. Its not likely any older games will get something if they dont have any special modes already, but newer games that dont currently have it might get a 60fps mode, or other, soon

Well, this guy has a point.

I mean if youre really only a ps4 gamer and dont have a ps4 yet, i could see it as being quite worth it for that particular person. Might as well make your favored platform a little better. Not so much as caring about graphics that way, but spicing up what you'd get any way. Otherwise yeah he has a point

If you're only gaming on one platform you're a faggot.

God damn, so pc master race people are faggots for gaming on one platform?

Yes, anyone who plays exclusively on a single platform is a faggot.

You're not nearly as clever as you think you are.

Yeah, i am. For this current gen i play on pc and xbox, though i have older ps3 and nintendo as well. Doesnt make me not a fag :)

I don't remember saying that playing exclusively on a single platform is the only way to achieve being a faggot. Clearly you've found one of many alternative method.

If you can easily afford it, it can't hurt to get the PS4 Pro. In the worst case scenario, it'll be as good as the regular PS4. In a best case scenario, you'll get better graphics (higher frame rate, resolution, or post-processing effects.)

just get a slim. ps5 will be out in like a year and a half

500 dollars is a lot for a shit ton of people.