Where were you when the MMo genre was saved?

Where were you when the MMo genre was saved?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9C1yDfF0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Still waiting for it to be saved. This looks like Korean MMO shit

game looks bad and it's probably a clone of some other mmo anyway

It actually reminds me more of Duskwood in WoW, but instead of being done by some of the best graphic artists in the game industry, done by bottom of the barrel arts students.
Art direction looks like ass. And yes I know it's per alpha, maybe it will look better, but I don't see them making any drastic changes.

Yeah I haven't heard this 584828383 times already
This game is definitely special and will be the saviour of this shit genre

an mmo's success will never be determined by gameplay.

>Pre Alpha
>MMO genre saved
That's like saying a copper screw will have as much computing power a super computer. It may be a fun time waster for a week or two when your sub runs out in other games, but a new contender won't save the MMO genre; only death can save it.

>I don't know anything about art design but I want to shitpost so I wont make any specific criticisms and hope nobody notices

IT
LOOKS
CRAP
I mean if you wanna play it go ahead buddy, not my fucking problem.

That's literally the only thing WoW has going for it though. The only reason to play an MMO in 2017 is for challenging coop PvE encounters, and no other game offers depth in that the way WoW does right now.

You can find character progression in literally any other game.

Socializing with others? Social media popularity late 2000s (no its just muh old school RPGs were better look at EQ today or Elysium Vanilla private server it's the same deal.)

PvP? The multitude of video games that offer a far larger and more balanced variety of it.

Loot hunt? ARPGs got you covered.

It looks fine and you're too retarded to even come up with a specific criticism even after I called you out.

your game will fail lmfao. You will pay for this garbage and no one will play it. You won't even have buyer's remorse. You will shill this shitty game until the server shuts down aprox 6 months after release when population hits sub 100 and there is nothing you can do about it

>No targeting
>Hotbars change based on how you want to play
>Craft from breaking stuff in the world
It's like Trove, but with no levels and with characters with proper proportions. The biggest thing missing is charm though; the game seems bland and uninspired, as it looks like nothing unique.

>Hunger meter in an MMO
Instant shit. This is terrible in every way outside of a survival game.

/thread

Okay, two can play that game. What SPECIFICALLY about this makes you think it'll be special?

>Not waiting for Ashes of Creation.

Wait, it has a hunger mechanic?
Lmao dropped.
Yet another sad attempt at jumpstarting the MMo genre.

hey there's always a reason to have faith

battleborn's servers are still up and that game has like 12 people playing it

I jumped around through some videos (all of which have annoying streamer glory holes in a corner), and yeah. There's a fucking hunger meter.

Same place I was the last 10 times MMOs were "saved".

Playing on my PS4.

There actually just had a graphics overhaul. Personally don't mind the art direction as long as the controls and animations are decent.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9C1yDfF0U

Looks neat but they haven't really shown anything worth getting excited over.