Start playing FF7

Start playing FF7.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0dnl6NoEVdo
youtube.com/watch?v=SJzfOA9uV6E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I am ready for the era of cloud posting.

I don't care just the play the damn game.

OPTIMAL PARTY

Cloud
Vincent
Red XIII

debate me faggots

Vincent is just a shittier Barret.

Why do you think that? My guess is limit breaks.

Death Penalty makes him the highest damage dealing character in the game. Go fuck yourself.

>Make a masterpiece with FF7
>Immediately makes mediocre shit with FF8

you can make any character stupidly overpowered using exploits/cheats

>Equip weapon
>Somehow exploit the game

It is what it is user. Vincent is #1.

Tell me why a FF8 remake isn't a better idea. Why remake the game nobody has any problems with? It can only get worse.

oh jolly, just 5000 kills to make his weapon on par with other ultimate weapons.

Has anyone ever tried the hard mode hack? Is it any good or is it shit like every other RPG hard mode ever made?
I was thinking of trying it, but I already find regular FFVII to be decently challenging, so I'm not sure if it'd be a good idea.

>on par with other ultimate weapons

It is the ultimate weapon newfriend.

Midgar is awesome and engaging as fuck, but once you get out it really slows down.

Limit breaks (Vincent's are trash), better hp, he also can perform the damage overflow glitch, and he's not an edgelord.

ive already beat it like 3 times. 100% no thanks im good

pretty much my dude sometimes i like cid instead of vincent cuz cid is a badass

Too busy playing better Final Fantasy games, there's plenty of them 2D and 3D.

r.i.p pastilda

Already did not to long ago, it was bretty good but highly overrated

how come?

Yeah pretty much this.

It picks up again on the boat but then it goes back to being fine and doesn't really get cool again until the Ancient Temple. See, this is what I'm hoping for with the remake: More midgar, better cool shit plot points pacing, and whatever else to spice up the game.

>Vincent's are trash

Are they? I remember the one that doubles his HP being pretty good.

Ah, the delusions are real.

>but but Kefka poisons the water!

kek

I got a friend that's emulating it after seeing the Remake trailer.

His game is freezing at Kalm at the start of the flashback right after Sephiroth kills the dragon. What should he do?

It's been 2 years since we heard anything on the remakku

Losing control of Vincent sucks to begin with. But the later levels really can't do damage comparable to any other characters' level 3 or 4 limits.

Final Fantasy 6 sucks and the only people who like it are edgelords who think Kekfa is le ebin JRPG version of The Joker. No FF6 fans actually like Final Fantasy or JRPGs in general and they all need to fuck off.

Cloud
Tifa
Cid

Fucking final limit breaks.

Buy the PSN version.

I guess I was just blindsided by the amount of damage that bosses start doing in the endgame, so I just liked having a character that could stay alive easily.

that isn't my goddess

I tried but dropped it. I like the art direction and atmosphere but I just lose interest and begin to feel like I could play a better ps1 jrpg.

youtube.com/watch?v=0dnl6NoEVdo

I feel you. I still love me some hp plus materia even if everyone else says they're a waste of a materia slot.

Do you guys actually believe 7 is the best Final Fantasy game, and that no one enjoys 6? Holy shit, even the general 90s "dieselpunk" aesthetic was more fleshed out in subsequent games. FF7 is a very good came, but seriously?

I can't. I always lose interest when I get to the wall market.

I tried, couldn't get into it and quit right before meeting Vincent.

Naw. I've beat 7 about as hard as you can beat it. I've got no desire to replay it.

Is 8 worth a try?
I played the first 45 minutes a while ago and wasn't blown away, but maybe I should go back to it.

nah I dropped the game, it's teenager bait crap

Combined with the Deathblow move
>unstoppable

FFVIII was literally worse in every way minus the slight graphical upgrade.

8 is broken the second you understand how the game works. Some people love it some hate it. Personally I enjoy it but I see why so many people hate it. The story is a load of horseshit.

I dug the pacing right after Midgar. Let you explore the story at your own pace. Let you explore the world a bit. Besides you know once the WEAPONS get released the game goes into full gear again.

I like Vinnie but even I have to admit, his limits are stupid. I did like the chainsaw hockey zombie though

But I don't want to

I never finished it either. Every time I've tried to play FF8 I just play through the main story a bit, fuck around with the card game, then quit.

Again, why risk the legacy of the franchise on an FF7 remake? The setting/characters of FF8 are perfect for KH-bullshit combat

Nah man, FF9 is the best Final Fantasy game.

I'd say everything until the end of disc one is engaging but it really shits the bed after that. The atmosphere changes and it's almost like an entirely different game. I probably shouldn't say it shits the bed because it's not a bad game after that per se. It's just nothing nearly as great.

That's what he's saying. Why remake a game that everyone already loves the way it is, instead of trying to make a less well-recieved game better than it was before?

Edgiest party*
Cloud, Barret, Tifa master race

he has ecksbawks wan That he's thinking of trading in for a ps4

It brings a lot of really unique things to the table. Unfortunately, not a lot of them work very well. Nonetheless it is a good game I'd say worth playing if you enjoyed the other FFs. Music is objectively the best

>When Cloud goes full retard and this theme replaces the airship theme when cid takes over
youtube.com/watch?v=SJzfOA9uV6E

I already replayed it earlier this year.

No. I liked FF8 more and don't want to go back.

Because FFVII is so old now. A lot of babbys arent gonna try it because of shit teir poly chibis and game boy music. But its got a reputation. So slap a fresh coat of paint on it, put some production value into it and not only do you have decades of die hard fans, but also newcomers spending bank on it for years to come.

FFVIII would be a risk. It may sell good but not great. If 7R sells enough, I think itd be highly likely to see more remakes.

Tell him to get the PS4

I kinda wished Cid would have stayed the leader.

Original AVALANCHE is the way to go muh nig

Give it a go. I'll give you a few huge hints on how to make it more painless:
>buy tents, refine tents to curagas, junction curagas to HP
>draw Blind from enemies in Garden training area, use the lamp Cid gives you early on (save first), blind Diabolos, kill him, get Diabolos GF, immediately work on enc-half and enc-none
Once you do those two things, only worry about getting spells from refining cards, and keep enc-none on the whooooole game because the dungeons are fucking awful otherwise.

That said, once you get past the first few hours, the game gets very good. The plot is pretty ridiculous, but it doesn't take itself all that seriously, despite its reputation. I think it's the first game since FFI where no major named character dies (except in backstory), and it cracks jokes pretty constantly.

Stupid advice. Just fucking play the game normally, let him decide if he wants there to be no encounters or not.

Install the New Threat mod and skip the flashback altogether.

I prefer III (gauntlet is a slog), V, VI, IX, X, and Tactics to VII, I didn't really feel VII's variation on the general gameplay. I think V is my favorite off of just how how dank the job system is alone.

I don't know why I posted, people have the right to enjoy games if they want, I have affinities to certain games that are strictly considered inferior in their genre. Vincent a shit.

I'm letting him know how to get it if he wants, since it's pretty obscure for a new player. I think it helps a lot.

I lost my data twice for FF7, it's really hard for me to pick it up again now

Happened to me nearing the end-game. Happened to have a friend with a save file around the same point, so he let me copy it. He did not have a single cure materia, and his only means of healing was Phoenix linked to Final Attack, I shit you not.