All JRPGs are shitty and derivative 'use your best skill to win' games. Prove me wrong

All JRPGs are shitty and derivative 'use your best skill to win' games. Prove me wrong.

Hard mode: No SMT or Persona.

I don't care what this thread is about. I want to lick that girl's stomach.

All WRPGs are shitty and derivative 'use your best weapon to win' games. Prove me wrong.

She's wearing it backwards

SaGa.

>p-p-prove me wrong
>But not this,this or this
>kill yourself

Ys

What if you have multiple best skill?
A best skill for single target healing, a best skill for group healing, a best skill for physical damage, magical damage, buffing, debuffing, crowd controlling, summoning and so on?

A2 isn't exactly the brightest android around

>all JRPGs are this
>except these

Wanted to like it but I feel it takes forever to get good.

They're pretty much the only place you'll get any sort of originality and creativity in the industry.

Except for FFXV. Fuck that game.

Etrian Odyssey
Growlanser

Is this the Hunniepop artist? Getting some same-face vibes but I can't quite put my finger on it.

I felt the same way at first, but I kept playing and found out that it was worth the wait.

Doubtful.

I'm playing Dragon Quest 2 right now and if I used my best skills I'd probably not last throughout some of the dungeons. Using sleep to stave off damage or using weapons as items in battle, even if those things aren't my "best skills" allow me to stretch my resources further.

Sounds like you should play some old-school jrpg wizardry

Fire Emblem games for the most part require you to manage your limited-use best skills, as well you also have to position decently to win.

TLR

>Hard mode: No SMT or Persona.

That's a dumb meme anyway, and I say that as a MegaTen fan. Using buffs/debuffs during tough boss fights does not make them challenging or deep, and virtually any MegaTen in existence can be broken to fuck with things like demon fusion or status abuse. Press turn does not add depth because it's literally just exploiting elemental weaknesses, which you can do in every other jrpg already anyway. Press turn just rewards you more for it. But you're not actually doing anything different.

People play RPGs for the story, not the gameplay.

RPG players are basically vn/walk simulator users in denial.

You take the story out of Mario, Doom, Puyo Puyo, Trackmania, etc and people would still play them because the gameplay is good. You take it out of the Witcher, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, etc and nobody would play them because the gameplay is an afterthought.

>All JRPGs are shitty and derivative 'use your best skill to win' games. Prove me wrong.

That's wrong due purely to the fact that many of them are actually 'use basic attack and sometimes heal.'

I play them for the gameplay. Lately I've been enjoying the older games that don't have much in the way of story far more than anything recent.
Like I just did a FF series replay and found myself enjoying 1 and 3 the most.

Shit like phys skills with high crit and low hit rate add some good depth though, and Nocturne and Apocalypse's boss battles make great use of non-positioning turn based gameplay with distinct patterns and skillset that you have to play around.

And fusing OP demons always break the game. That's given

A2..

Also fuck you

Pokemon.

>And fusing OP demons always break the game. That's given
In Persona 5 they saw that coming and had a greater idea of making no matter how perfect your shit is, it's still going to be the same shitty damage.

Egrian odyssey

>No persona

Persona is casual shit don't be fooled by the rabbid weeboo here.

Fuck off you fucking maniac look where the fuck are you

Yeah, now you just need Null Phys to break the game

>hard mode
>two of the worst offenders
>two of the worst jrpg series
What did he mean by this?

Oh boy I sure do like to hang around my extremly well written high school friends!

What a shitty fantasy.

I find it amazing that idiots think that removing that as a core conceit of the genre was an improvement.

Etrian Odyssey
Fire Emblem