This game is a masterpiece. Why was it so easily forgotten?

This game is a masterpiece. Why was it so easily forgotten?

More like master piece of shit

GOTY for me

the people who cared had to wait over a decade and then they just didn't care anymore

Annoying controls. Serious problem.

The puzzles aren't actually all that interesting and it feels like a drag towards the end until actually reach the blue tower.

There's also a point where hype begins to undo itself.
A game can pass from anticipation into a mythological territory where it's actual release instantly becomes a ghost.

Beautiful art.
Beautiful music.
Beautiful animation.
Beautiful storytelling.

Should have released a decade ago.

>60$ for a 9-10 hour long movie
Fuck off

awful controls and performance for the largest portion of the PS4 userbase.

30 years in development and doesn't even come close to ICO quality, let alone SotC.

The "linear puzzle game meant to convey a specific theme through a vague story" market was cornered by the indies over the past couple of years. It's no longer particularly very novel.

If it was a PS3 game it'd have been fine. But launching these days with bad AI, awful controls and shitty framerate is unjustifiable. I still enjoyed it, and it uses HDR in a great way, but it's rough as fuck.

This is about the same tier as Ico.

No need to put it on a pedastal.
You just didn't have to wait 10 years for Ico.

I was gifted the game at Christmas, but did not own a PS4 at the time. Two weeks ago I got my Tax return and bought a PS4 Pro. Started playing through it with set to 1080p, and while the performance is not too bad, god damn the controls are shit.

The camera gets stuck on everything. I feel like it wouldn't be too bad in an open air game, but being in close caverns really hinders it. I especially hate how if it gets stuck bad enough, it quick fades to black and re-adjusts itself.

Also fucking Trico, he won't do what I want him to do. I had a food barrel but the fucker just kept ignoring it. Then I got stuck and he jumped up to a cliff I had no idea how to reach.

Played maybe for like 3 hours and put it down. No urge to play it since.

Pressing R1+X instantly cancels Trico's current animation

you're welcome

>people bought a PS3 just for this game
This will never cease to amuse me.

user, please

not JUST that, I bought it the exclusive FF13 too, and let's not forget FFv13

because shitposters who never played a team ico game before heard about sotc and how you can do cuhrazy shit like climb bosses

so they expected some arpg game instead of ico 2.0 which is exactly what everyone who'd already played team ico games before knew we were getting

it was great, and easily better than ico, but you'll never be able to have a discussion about it because Sup Forums is full of consolewar faggots that don't actually play games

>trying to discuss sony exclusive games on Sup Forums
kek
also this:

there is one more thing, this game is a VERY personal experience, so its really divisive and clearly not for everyone

I thought it was great, but it was a story-driven, linear, single-player experience, that doesn't leave much room for interpretation.

There's just not much to discuss.

Because when it was released people weren't hyped anymore.

>bad AI

>fucking Trico, he won't do what I want him to do
It's almost as if he's supposed to be some sort of animal and not a human companion right?

Indeed. People are way too impatient and expect a boy to be able to tell a beast exactly what to do and the beast does it.

Trico felt amazingly real. He wouldn't just instantly do what you want just like your dog doesn't

I was really disappointed by how clunky the controls were and how poorly signposted most of the puzzles were. There was one moment in particularly where I spent like 15 minutes just looking around for where I was supposed to go. Randomly decided to hang onto trico for a moment and then he randomly jumped over a wall and took me to the next place I had to be. That's not a fun puzzle, that's "read my mind".

>implying SOTC is even remotely obscure
Everyone played fucking SOTC. And I'd take Ico over TLG any day.

look at me, I didn't!

I do own 2 copies of the damn game though, also a PS+ "free" copy that I don't really own

someday...

It was like ico but with bad unimaginative
puzzles and an annoying ai partner.

A disgrace to Team Ico

Well, general audience is retarded as usual. Sup Forums has even worse taste than mainstream general audience in video games. That only leaves a select amount of patricians that fully understand and appreciate what this game really offers.

He never got any better, real dogs learn to listen better after a while

are you seriously trying to act like the shitty controls to this game were intentional.

This, half the puzzles were jump on trico and wait for him to do something so fucking annoying.
The best part of the game was when you are separated

I have been enjoying the game, but I just got to the part where I can actually issue commands to Trico and so far it has been the clunkiest part of the game.

Im going to buy this at some point. The wait was long and im kinda pissed about it, if they would have released it on the last generation of consoles it would have been great.

Now after reading about it and well, the lack of threads about it i have a feeling that im not the only one who feels this way. Im not going to bash it before playing but i have a bad feeling about The last guardian

For every shit game a casual likes Sup Forums probably dismisses ten good games.

It was GOTY alright, but there's nothing to discuss.

It's a very good, but also very short game with no secrets or anything. Platinum'ing it is just bullshit too.

I loved it but there's not much to say about it except that it hurt too much to see them beat him up and then maul his tail off like that, mfw watching it

The barrels were not made out of people, it was just given as a treat to make them want to kidnap people.

Trico not necessarily doing what you want him to do was definitely intentional. You do not control Trico. He is an animal and he may or may not do what you want

I really didn't experience any other "shitty" controls

>and easily better than ico
Fucking shitposter.

ee-except it felt nothing fucking like you were trying to get through to an animal, and more like you were wrestling with awful controls you're fucking delusional.

>fps game has unresponsive aiming
>GOTY aiming is hard like in real life

Idiot. the only enjoyable level is the one without trico

Yeah, after years and years of training.

Sony exclusive therefore the ninten.drones that make most of Sup Forums have a visceral need to shit on it and blow its shortcomings way out of proportion

I agree with all of this.

I really wanted to love this game since I had been looking forward to it for so long but the controls made it frustrating to play thus taking away quite a lot of the enjoyment. I spent far more time feeling aggravated by not being able to perform an action or feeling absolutely lost on what to do.

There's a fine line between trying to make a beast companion seem realistic and unpolished game design. Yes, I thought it was pretty cool that we had to teach him to do things. It was rewarding to see him "learn" and the accomplish a task. However, at some point the developers need to remember that they're making a game and game mechanics need to work once they're learned - both by player and AI. Otherwise, it's going to turn people off from playing or make a game unplayable.

Over all, I still liked Last Guardian and everything about the environment, ambience, storytelling, and the emotional connection to Trico was awesome. I expected some sloppy controls since it's a Team Ico game but I was hoping for something that felt a bit more solid to play than what we got.

Because it's not.
>Shit on rail gameplay that took a way too Uncharted like approach
>Architecture is nonsensical, especially near the end
>There was absolutely no need of this shitty antagonist nor the scify ending
>horrible gameplay phases like wiith the cage
>The idea of delaying the consequences of your inputs makes no sense in a puzzle game

Also, movies and books have depicted similar Beast-child relationships way better.

t. Chad