Now that the dust has settled and we're all a little older...

Now that the dust has settled and we're all a little older, do you think you're mature enough to admit that this was actually a good game? It's got an 89% on MetaCritic.
>b-but muh samus had to take orders from a man!
Non argument, has absolutely no baring on gameplay and it's believable because this was at the beginning of her career.

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/game/wii/metroid-other-m
youtube.com/watch?v=SfS0254dRRw
youtube.com/watch?v=pX4mhp-8sOc
youtube.com/watch?v=VzIW2g7jFvI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

sage

The gameplay was dogshit though. Possibly the worst aspect of the game.

Primebabby detected.
>If it's not a first person rooty tooty point n' shooty then it's shit!

No. Stop it, user, it was terrible. Terrible story with baby's first symbolism, ass controls, pixel hunting, unnecessary fps mechanics, three zones, almost no power-ups, no new items, nothing creative or inventive. It sucked, user.

>muh maturity
>lying about metacritic score
>shitty strawman
>lying about gameplay
>lying about the timeline
5 lines, 5 different baits, impressive here have a (You) actually no fuck off

It failed as an action game because the dodge function is too powerful, and using a d-pad to control your character in a 3D environment is fucking retarded.
It failed as an exploration game because there fucking is no exploration. It's by far the most on-rails Metroid ever made.
What this has to do with Prime I have no idea.

It has mediocre gameplay and tacked on motion controls that break the flow of the game.

And the awful story argument still stands.

You are now authorized to kill yourself

Is a good action game with metroidvania elements.

As an entry of the series....yes is trash.

>Is a good action game
But it fucking isn't. Why must you tell these lies?

>It's got an 89% on MetaCritic.
LIAR:
metacritic.com/game/wii/metroid-other-m

it has a 79

This. No. OP is clearly trolling or knows nothing about Metroid. This topic has been done to death and there are even essays on this.

a good game, no, but probably not as bad as people make it out to be

>89% on MetaCritic
>baring
>beginning of her career

>no new powerups

fusion had like two and prime 3 really only had the grapple lasso

>only secrets are missiles, e tanks, and accel charges

instead of missiles, e tanks, and powerbombs like in fusion, zero mission, and super? wow big difference

% on MetaCritic

if you did some research, you would know that is a fucking lie

Metroid was never a good game. Just like the Sonic fandom you pretend like this series is good because Nintendo put out multiple garbage entries once they knew people would throw money at them for it.

>It's got an 89% on MetaCritic.
why you lying?

it's 79% with a bad userscore

I don't know if it was my Wii; Both Other M and Prime had bugs that got me stuck, and I lost interest.

Nah, it was crap

No, its still shit

It had shit gameplay, and even shitter plot that forces itself on the gameplay.

youtube.com/watch?v=SfS0254dRRw

youtube.com/watch?v=pX4mhp-8sOc

youtube.com/watch?v=VzIW2g7jFvI

>Bounty hunter
>Taking orders from anybody

I haven't played but someone explain this shit to me.

Pinball deserves higher tbqh

In order to invesitgae the Baby's Cry signal from the Bottleship, Samus had to co-operate with federation troops lead by Adam.

Yes, that Adam from Fusion nut for some reason Other M Adam is so dumb an incompetent that Zap Brannigan is more competent

Beginning of her career? This is the second to last game in the timeline currently you blithering idiot

thanks for pointing that out, I was too focused on OP lying about the Metacritic Score.

see

>Samus had to co-operate

Why?

It's all shit. These are the same people who defend Other M and somehow still think that Star Fox, Earthbound, and F-Zero should make a come back regardless of how dated and irrelevant they are now.

because otherwise they would not let her say on the ship.

Did we mention that Other M is fucking dumb?

The Baby..

>beginning of her career
I can't tell if this is a part of your trolling or not.

They had to call Samus to do what they couldn't (Take out Mother Brain) but they're not gonna LET her stay on some ship?

Please, Samus could wipe them out without breaking a sweat. She must want Adams dick or something.

So because Japan doesn't know how bounty hunters work, Samus the bounty Hunter really means hero of justice. Which is stupid but let's go with it.

Anyway in MOM Samus meets with her old CO, Adam, who responded to the same distress call she did. Adam is mad that Samus left the galactic federation so he basically told her to fuck off. But since Samus's nuclear suit is too good an asset to pass up he grudgingly allows her to follow his unit under the conditions that she follows his every order.

This is stupid for a lot of reasons to avoid a wall of text I'll name 3. First Samus is under no obligation to listen to this cunt. She really could've just left and let them all die, she's not on contract with the Federation nor is she a soldier anymore. Second, Samus remarks that this is the first time she's worked co-op with the feds since she left as if Prime 3 didn't happen. Trolls will say Prime was non canon but then I'll point them to the link where Sakamoto says Prime was a Gaiden tale that did happen. As if his word means anything considering the million plot holes in this one game that I won't get into. Third, Samus follows Adam to the point of stupidity, refusing to use life saving equipment because Adam didn't specifically give her permission to do so.

>She must want Adams dick or something.

she treated Adam's words like they came from God himself.

and yet this guy ended up being the most likeable guy in the game

Wait, why are posts being deleted? What's going on?

>now that the dust has settled
Sorry user. This is just bait.

This whole story line sounds fucking retarded.

They should've left her backstory a mystery. Nintendo just fucks everything up when they try to flesh out characters like this.

Glad I didn't waste any time on this turd.

I will never forgive Other M for being LESS lore friendly than fucking Federation Force.

Like, Jesus, that game was shit, but at least it didn't shit on every single atom of backstory and history the series had.

>and it's believable because this was at the beginning of her career

I don't remember my feelings on the gameplay as it was a while ago and I didn't bother to finish the game, but don't fucking lie moron. This is the second to last game in the chronology of the series. Gets your facts right before you start spewing shit

This is why you need a team of writers rather than one waifufag in an echo chamber

>You don't move until I say so, you don't fire until I say so
>I felt strangely exhilarated and excited as I said "understood"

What the fuck? I'm paraphrasing Samus's line here but I can pull up the exact scene. But the point being that this is stupid. No one thinks or acts this way. This is Sakamoto's boner talking to us right now.

>pretending you've never heard of Nintendo-shill Janitors.

First day?

it's just one guy who deleted his post and reposted it as

>all this crying and entitlement
Metroid truly has the bottom of the barrel fanbase

>all this crying and entitlement
Fuck off MovieBob

You're not even trying, user.

what crying?

It's a legitimately bad game

It doesn't have anything to do with Prime.
That's just the go-to response for these kinds of trolls.

Anthony was the only good part about Other M.
I honestly hope he returns some time.

Little late to be working, ain't it?

Oh trust me you've barely entered the rabbit hole. Spare yourself the game and watch the cutscenes on YouTube. Watch the whole goddamn thing. There's so much shit that makes no sense.

I think probably the worst scene in the entire game is when Adam makes his "heroic sacrifice." Adam goes incommunicado so Samus goes looking for him. Before reaching sector zero she runs into a Metroid. Before she could react Adam shoots SAMUS in the back, deactivating her armor. How did her armor break down from a single shot from a standard, troopers ice beam? Don't ask questions. So Adam kills the Metroid and Samus asks the obvious question

>why did you shoot me?
>because you can't defeat these metroids. They're immune to ice
>but the ones you just killed wasn't
>because it was in its larval state

Hold on, aren't ALL natural Metroids like that? They're vulnerable to ice but they lose that weakness as they grow? And why did you have to shoot Samus? She's better at killing Metroids than you are. Why not just yell? Oh because you didn't want her to kill herself destroying sector zero. You'd rather kill yourself instead by blowing up sector zero. With the self destruct sequence that can only be activated from the inside. And Samus is left to cry like a bitch while you walk off to your death. Wait what's the point of armor that deactivates when you need it most?

Fuck it I quit. I can't do this shit again.

He's the only one who had a genuine personality. Everyone else including Adam existed solely to die.

DISTRESS SIGNAL: BABY'S CRY.

IT WAS CALLED BABY'S CRY BECAUSE IT WAS IMPORTANT AND MEANT TO DRAW ATTENTION WITH THE URGENCY OF A BABY'S CRY.

IMAGINE THAT! A DISTRESS SIGNAL THAT'S SO IMPORTANT YOU'RE ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO INVESTIGATE IT! WHAT A CONCEPT.

I feel the same about the God of War series when they kept pimping out the prequels.

Commander faggot: I'm going to send in a crack team to the bottle ship to find out what happened. But I'm also going to plant an assassin to kill anyone on the ship who knows what happened including his own team members

Why did they never elaborate on Sylux.

Oh man that babby image takes me back. Sup Forums memes have changed for the worse.

Will the Krikens ever take over the galaxy?

I went to wally world to pick up some compressed air last night and they still had copies of this game ON THE SHELF for full-price $60. What the actual fuck.

Just like Mega Man and Sonic, Metroid has an unbearable fandom.

Never.

It's pretty jarring that AI Adam is more of a reasonable person than the actual Adam.

The "Always low prices" sales pitch worked.

He was basically an OC designed for the Hunters Multiplayer.

The thumbs-up sign had been used by the Galactic Federation for ages. Me, I was known for giving the thumbs-down during briefing. I had my reasons, though... Commander Adam Malkovich was normally cool and not one to joke around, but he would end all of his mission briefings by saying, "any objections, lady?" He was joking, but others weren't. At the time I felt surrounded by people who treated me like a child or used kid gloves because I was a woman. And yet, with Adam, I was grateful for the nod... My past has left me with an uneasy soul, and as a result, it touched me on some level that Adam would acknowledge that past by calling me something delicate -- like "Lady." And I knew more than anyone that every word from Adam was deliberate. My thumbs-down was a two-fold response: a sign of derision at being called a lady, and a signal of my complete understanding of the mission orders. The other soldiers were always willing to support me with easy smiles, despite the fact that I clearly had so much yet to learn. Among them was Anthony. In the face of his well-meaning behavior, and that of other soldiers, my response was to become increasingly bitter. I was a child, always with something to prove. A chip on my shoulder. And I was angry. I felt that if I let my guard down, I would easily by broken. And beyond that, I was scared. But even in the naivete of my youth, I could see in Adam's joking manner how close he felt to me. Adam knows my past. And he knows me better than anyone else. Confession time. Because I was so young when I lost both of my parents, there's no question I saw Adam as a father figure. When I rebelled against him, I knew I could get away with it. And his paternal compassion in the face of my rebellion reinforced the special bond I felt with him. I understood well that chances were slim that I would ever find anyone that understood me like Adam. And yet... When the time came, I still left his side. I was so young. Young and naive...

Other M is the video game version of How I Became Yours

>Random ass military commander is her father figure
>As opposed to her real biological father and her TWO bird dads who made her an unstoppable murder machine

>obvious shitty troll thread baitposting
>already 60 replies and 33 IPs

>The One Competent officer in the Federation.

It was 50 Shades of Grey type shit.

Horrible gameplay and mediocre soundtrack. Not to mention that hideous mole.

Not to mention that it's always okay when Adam does it. I'm not kidding, Samus is cool with everything Adam does and says. I hate being treated like a kid but not when Adam does it. I hate being treated delicate because I'm a woman but not when Adam does it. I'm so fragile on the inside, so I know I can run to Adam.

The ONLY thing Adam has ever done that pissed Samus off was not letting her save his brother. Which is why she quit. Only to run back to his command the first chance she got and to think to herself "maybe I was the asshole there."

What the fuck is this shit?

>Never heard of HIBY

It's better if you don't know

But I want to know

Well yeah, obviously, but any excuse to openly riff and shit on Other M will always be a welcome topic for discussion on Sup Forums, even seven years after the game's been out.

Ask Sup Forums.

Imagine a 300 page shipping comic that completely destroys the characters of everyone you love.

>Toph fucking Aang in the Avatar state

MOM is one of those therapeutic games that feel good to tear into. It's like Mass Effect 3. Or FUCK YOU featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series

True, but there's not a lot more to say about it, everyone knows it's a fucking turd with not a single gracing save and it killed metroid forever, it literally doesn't have a single good thing at all.

I mean, it's so bad the only people who "defend it" are shills and different breeds of nintenbros with petty insults or classic strawman unrelated to the game, because the game just doesn't have a single, good, feature.

Godfuckingdamn, I'll never stop getting angry for what this shitty game did.

how's the worst, very autistic, and most annoying Nintendo fanbase holding up after 7 years of Metroid: Other M?

sucks doesn't it?

>because the game just doesn't have a single, good, feature.
It runs at a consistent 60fps and is one of the best looking games on the Wii. Those are literally the only redeeming qualities.

Excellent bait thread. Let the hatred flow through you, this game deserves to be dragged to its death behind an f-150.

>no baring on gameplay
my problem with the game WAS the gameplay.

I am willing to give the benifit of the doubt that, to some people other than me, the gameplay was not the worst thing ever barring a couple of completely fucking awful design choices like the lack of a nunchuck, the forced walking, and the search sections.

The story and script are the worst things I've ever seen. Litterally-- no, hyperbole, if you replaced the script these people had to read with a random word generator and got the cast of House of the Dead 2 to do the voice work, it still would have come off as a more well thought out product than Other M.

I don't. He's likeable in a corny B-movie kind of way, but his existence in the series is not worth Other M remaining canon.

I'd kill for a game to focus on the Kriken. These guys are apparently worse than the space pirates, and Trace, judging by his lore, wasn't even considered an adult yet in Hunters and could still hold his own.

I liked the game when it came out. Idk why, maybe my standarda were low back then. I replayed it last year though and vomited from how awful it is. It's so fucking bad.

You know what it is? This almost looks presentable if it was in diary format-- and even then, it only LOOKS almost presentable. It still sounds like dog shit if you read it out loud. My guess is that Sakamoto never actually had these lines said out loud before he put them in the voice actor's hands.

>best looking game on Wii
Please, Gamecube games look better.