Who didn't see it coming?

Who didn't see it coming?

Goro

Impossible with how often spoiler were posted even before tune JP release. Now try being unspoiled for a year after that.

>Impossible with how often spoiler were posted even before tune JP release.

I know, fucking SMTxFE fans

I didn't because I made myself believe that he was going to be the MC's rival. I predicted Adachi but I didn't think they would go this route again. I'm disappointed with the game and myself, I loved his design the most. Bummer.

i was spoiled on it but once you see his 'angry' portrait its super obvious anyway.

Literally as soon as he joins your team, if you didn't know at that point, you may as well get shot in the head irl

>Who didn't see it coming?

You will.

>tfw spoiled that Goro was the traitor
>but it wasn't even the best twist

I didn't get spoiled on much of anything going into P5. To be fair I abandoned Sup Forums for like three weeks after I got the game but even then I was here daily from JP release until then and never saw shit.

Even then I saw it coming a mile away because I mean, was it even meant to be a surprise?

Maybe someone who never paid attention to how they avoided showing Akechi in anything promotional and even blocked out his face when showing dlc costume packs.

This. I got spoiled all over with Joker's brains splattered all over the table and Goro shooting him, then the actual game hit and I was like, "Wow, so they actually thought Goro was a retard and devised that plan. What a tweest."

>Hey I'm your new team member
>Confidant ranks up and unlocks most team related abilities in a single rank up
Hmm, I wonder what this could possibly mean?

It's like with P4. Everyone always goes on about who the killer is but that shit is nothing compared to what happens afterwards. The "Igor" reveal got me pretty bad. Can't believe they used the replacement of a VA due to death as a fucking plot twist.

or the fact he was not in the opening animation
or on the display they had up at walmart

Indeed, I thought I fucked up somewhere and got the bad ending.

>regular walmart shopper

how embarassing

That guy is a parody account, right?

I saw it coming cause I was spoiled with the head splat of Joker and his grin. However I actually don't mind it was so obvious regardless because it was super obvious to the actual characters themselves to such a point where they made a plan around his inevitable betrayal, which was a very nice surprise.

I picked up P5 Steelbook at Walmart on launch day

I did not expect to find P5, let alone the Steelbook edition at fucking Walmart.

>Well allow me TO SHOWEW YUU...
>PERSONAAGGHHHHHHUHHH
Hos english VA is godly

Goro betraying the party made sense, especially since I picked up on the pancake thing when it actually happened.

The party knowing and preparing for the betrayal was really surprising though. I honestly didn't expect them to pick up on something weird and use it to their advantage.

My mind was too fast for his eyes

I didnt know. Then again I went in completely blind knowing NOTHING else about p5 other than futaba being best girl. I was also awake for about two days when the pancake burnt so I didn't really catch that. Actually, most of the game was played when I was sleep deprived. That explains quite a bit actually...

I didn't really pick up on the pancake thing. I mean, I recognized it, but just figured I'd meet him in the metaverse doing his own thing, kinda like what happened with Haru eventually I guess. That and it kinda slipped my mind for a good long while. It wasn't until he was like "oh I just got my purse owner last month" that I realized I was about to be dealing with an absolute madman.

for some reason I kept thinking mishima was gonna be the traitor. Dunno why.

The twist was that the thieves were playing Goro the entire time not that Goro betrays you.

I thought the same as well, probably because you'll never see it coming (no pun intended).

YouTube options to filter out reccommended videos, auto replay enabled, playlist off. Disable view history on YouTube account.

Dont look up anything Persona related on Google or elsewhere. Get off the popular boards wheb the JPN version was out.

I had P3 and P4 spoiled, nothing for P5 was spoiled for me.

I may have picked up on the pancake line, but then literally 60 hours later it gets referenced. I didnt like Akechi, his betrayal felt for me like how Yusuke suspected something was off with Maderame but he lied to himself Same with me, I didnt want Akechi to be the traitor despite the red flag he was blackmailing us.

I felt Igor would be the traitor from the start due to his slight shift in speaking mannerisms. Igor should be an obvious one for long time fans IMO.

Saw it coming from the get-go
Should have expected him being a colossal fucking joke, but they really made him seem much more pathetic than I could've predicted

It's lies. They clearly say lies.

>but they really made him seem much more pathetic than I could've predicted
REEEEEEEEEEE HOW COULD I LOSE TO ATTIC TRASH WHEN I LIVE IN A NICER APARTMENT!? WHY DON'T I FEEL SATISFACTION FROM PEOPLE LOVING ME FOR A COMPLETELY FABRICATED IDENTITY AND FALSE ACHIEVEMENTS!?

everyone here saw it coming purely because they dared to ever look on Sup Forums while playing it

Worst of all, he never got those pancakes.

>Igor should be an obvious one for long time fans IMO.

Maybe it's just because I played the japanese audio but I just wrote it off as "well his original VA died, so they probably told the new one to do something wildly different instead of just trying to impersonate him."

>Adachi
>Akechi

>reply in wrong thread

Well I guess that's what I get for not shitflinging, and telling everyone to go back to /vg/

Holy fuck my sides.

When the fuck does P5 take place? From the small cameos from P3/4 characters I'd think like, 2014 at the latest, but at the same time it feels like it'd take place in the whole "near future" the other games did besides them.

>day before that was a broadcast of Yukiko being stuck in the inn

Literally saw his character design, went "oh it's Light Yagami" and assumed he was gonna be a bad guy at some point. Also the confidant unlocking combat stuff all at once was a big giveaway. And the fact that he uses bless skills, because Japs invert that trope so much it'd be rarer to see someone with a church theme not be a bad guy at this point.

the dates line up with 2016. there's also a tv broadcast saying Rise is 20 apparently.

While I didn't notice the pancake tip off, I did suspect Akechi. I also looked at Makoto as a possible traitor too.

I put on assloads of filters before the JP release and didn't get spoiled, this is like a quarter of them. Had things like "traitor" and "purse owner" and every character name

I'm glad I'm not the only one that though he was basically light.

I saw that coming but FakeIgor, now that i did not see coming

Akechi was supposed to be Zenigata is you realise Joker is Lupin, Yusuke is Goemon, Sojiro is Jigen and Ann is Fujiko.

>tfw ryuuji shared the same voice actor as light

>Makoto as a possible traitor too.
Man, that would have been interesting. She's number one in popularity because she's bland as fuck, imagine if people played the game, got close to her and then she betrayed the MC.

>Makoto kills her sister at the end of Sae's palace.

how many cameos are there?

>the actual twist is that your party isn't completely retarded

I actually didn't see that coming

>FukuJun
>Mamoru Miyano
>Nana Mizuki
>Sugita
>Yucky Aoi
>Tomato

I've only played dub, but I'm switching to JP now. There's absolutely no way the ENG dub can compete.

>Sugita
>Doesn't mention Joseph Joestar despite having the room to show more roles
What the fuck?

>Madoka's Japanese seiyuu is in this game.
>QB's english VA is also in it.

Find this kind of funny.

quite a few that I've seen:
one for akihiko (whispers)
one for the nurse from p4 (in a social link with tae)
one for mitsuru (whispers)
one for chie (tv)
one for yukari (tv)
the poster for rise and kanamin
one for adachi (tv)
two for naoto (tv and whispers)
one about yukiko's inn (tv)

a couple of other ones have been mentioned in other threads, I think the Nanjo group is mentioned along with another persona 2 reference. It's hard to say because there's a few that pop up on tv and a few that pop up in npc dialogue whispers and there's so much of that throughout the game and it usually only pops up for one specific day so it's hard to catch it all.

Can someone find this to confirm?

>one for chie (tv)
The one with this also mentions a detective with red sunglasses (Katsuya) and cop who fought a bear (I think that was something Akihiko did prior to Arena? Which is why he has those scars)

It wasn't supposed to be a twist. What WAS supposed to be a twist was that the entire party knew he was a traitor and were actually setting him up secretly.

It's not hard to calculate based on the calendar.

anyone who didn't realise it at the pancakes scene is an idiot.

There's one for Uehara; she's mentioned during one of Tae's scenes.

I avoided this place for 7 months and enjoyed it spoiler free.

>daddy dick
LIKE MOTHER LIKE CHILD

This

Reminder that

>Shido did nothing wrong
>Madarame did nothing wrong
>Okumura did nothing wrong
>Kaneshiro did nothing wrong
>Kamoshida did nothing wrong

They're all innocent.

>escaped
>and then came back
Why

I was spoiled on it but once you see his "angry" face its very obvious anyway.

Kamoshida had a really good argument when he said everyone profited from him as king. I was really disappointed when the rest of the palace rulers didn't have one last word that made them seem reasonable.

He's not dead right bros? He totally escaped, and will be in P5G right?

>died off screen
This shit is a massive cop out waiting to happen

But he was your rival.

I liked the way they let you choose how to interact with him over the course of the game. You can be a straight asshole to him, or you can play the whole "keep your friends close but your enemies closer" game. It made it more satisfying when you face him in Shido's palace.

I only wish the game would have forced you into a 1v1 with him during his second phase using Loki. It would have given more gravity to the situation.

>died off screen
>never show a body
>"dies" right when they set up a redemption arc
hmmmmmmmmm

>Every palace owner is shamed publicly and forced to atone for all of their crimes.
>Except for Sae
>She's thought of as a great prosecutor when if her Palace is any indication she put countless innocent people in jail so she could "win"

Don't worry his Justice rank 10 gave him a second awakening and he got out.

God I hope not. Let him be dead.

It wasn't that he was reasonable, it was that he was right that he was not the only person in the wrong there. The teachers, principal, students, and many of the parents were all in the wrong and ignoring his acts for their own benefits.

His cognition killed him and cannibalized him, gaining his powers and abilities

it's amazing that u can be here for so long and sometimes you'll still find something that surprises you

The only spoilers i got were when the western version was released, and neither of them were that big

That's honestly pretty funny. I bet it was supposed to be in the "near future" like other games but as the game got more and more delayed they decided to just say "Fuck it it's 20XX"

They really didn't hide it well, and trying to be clever with the whole "Oh they knew the whole time" but just kept that information away from the player because the MC had some drug induced memory lapse was dumb in my opinion. It's not like there HAD to be a twist like that where someone was a traitor just because P4 did it.

>Avoid Sup Forums for a month
>Only thing I got spoiled on was Akechi's red/white outfit because of some fanart, and Lavenza's appearance, but no more than that, so I just figured one of the twins took off their hat and eyepatch
>Caught pancakes early so was immediately suspicious of Akechi
>Freaked out at Igor's twist

>I put on assloads of filters before the JP release and didn't get spoiled

all it takes is a picture which got a lot of people. I would know because I spoiled as much as I can during that time

>Oh Akechi... where have I heard that family name before
>Right, Akechi Mitsuhide, the dude that betrayed Nobunaga
>Does that same insincere grin all backstabbers do in one of his portraits
>Oh party is about to talk about him and the screen flashed white and time skipped
>Get in the palace, he starts saying things offhand only the killer would know "Oh yeah, I'm an amateur at hacking, Futaba is way better"
>We should definitely send the calling card at this specific day and time

Even without pancakes, it's basically a plot point that he was way too obvious, and it's believable the party would figure it out way ahead of time.

I avoided spoilers but once he mentioned me holding off sending the calling card, I knew he was setting us up

and the scene with the pancakes, I was more concerned with the fact that he was eavesdropping so I didn't notice Morgana said that

Hairy armpits are something that surprises you?

He uses light and dark because he's a two faced bastard.

They never stole Sae's treasure.

>Goro is Kira
Fuck. I knew he sounded familiar

heh. only an idiot did not see it coming. no one else had a reason to sell you out.

Mishima had one.

The guy sitting behind you could've easily sold you out for the 30 million.

Wait what

-DELETED BY ADMIN-

>ONCE HE'S AT THE TOP, I'LL TELL SHIDO I'M HIS SON AND RULE OVER HIM
I still don't get how he was dumb enough to think Shido'd care

they fucked up by giving igor that demon voice. of course something was going on.

Seriously this. This fucker is more bro than Yusuke. He sees you in class making lockpicks, smoke bombs, and moltovs all day. He probably reads your PT texts and only God knows how many times hes heard you talking about it