What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UujtfN7hCdo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I agree.

We know this for a fact after gaben tried to force paid mods down our throat multiple times.

steam is healthy enough for my gaming, without steam i would just be pirating

and i was until i bought the orange box

b-but i thought i was besties with a giant corporation

nintendo's still my friend though, right?

It's true though. Gabe has gotten very problematic for the rest of us.

They're right, none of the gaming companies are our friends.

Monopolies are bad for consumers QED. Especially when you talk about paid mods like Valve will keep reaching until they have real competition to curb them.

wtf i love Polygon now? In all seriousness though I'm impressed by that headline, do you have a pastebin?

They're right for once.
People who play on Steam and think they're above consolefags are the most pathetic and delusional retards.

He means redditers that make the shitty Jesus Gaben pictures unironically think valve is their friend and they let him get away with nearly anything he wants to.

>polygon
fake news, go home

This would have caused people to make really good mods that you could have pirated anyway.

>This would have caused people to make really good mods

This, Lord Gaben will punish you OP! You won't get your summer sale and all your lootcrates will be shit! Lol fucking wrecked

People have already made really good mods for free.

>Waaa our friend's games keep getting refunded because they're less than two hours long, waaaaaa.

It would have you retard. Sure a bunch of cash grab garbage too.

>skse64 still not out
lol, yeah man.

>Valve will keep reaching until they have real competition to curb them.
The only ones who have a chance at doing that are the Nipps. And those gooks are too retarded to get into the PC gaming market.

>It would have you retard

Because monetary gain guarantees quality or that it will be out, right?
t. Patreon & Kickstarter

>here's a strawman
No, kill yourself. I already said there would be cash grab garbage, and you would be """paying""" for the mods after they're out.

>80% goes to valve and the "video game" devs
>making anyone do a good job
imagine if you got taxed 80% at your wagecuck job, would you be doing shit at all?

There is LITERALLY an exact copy of this thread, wtf is this summer-tier shitposting without even checking if an existing shitpost thread exists?

Based Polygon. I love Polygon. Polygon is the best.

>don't make games
>shit like Steam Guard
>sales aren't even good anymore
>tried to push for paid mods
>DRM everywhere
>Steam Early Access
>Monopoly over PC gaming
>the disgusting jew shit that is Steam market

They are correct, Steam and Valve fucking suck.

Where's the lie here? Valve has been banking on Half-Life/Portal/steam sale good will for years now and has no intention of continuing any of their old games. It's literally an abusive relationship

i actually agree with polygon for once

why is Sup Forums so tsun for steam? it's a great service. i guess it's just sht-eating console women (men)

That article is kinda odd to me because I thought people stopped putting valve/gaben on a pedestal years ago

>i guess it's just sht-eating console women (men)
you say that but then you're reminded of the steam friend threads and what kind of people use steam
Steam is a cancer on the PC market desuyo

Steam has the largest concetration of faggots. Any Steam friend thread is enough proof of this.

>No sequel to this or that game?
>Rape! Rape!

Steam is better for marketing than it is for gaming.

Some of their sales/promos have gotten me to buy shit that I thought I'd get into but drop 9 times out of 10.

>casualized dota
>paid mods
>turned counter strike into a laughing stock
>portal is casual numale garbage
>gabe is a libcuck that hates trump

valve is the antithesis of Sup Forums and reddit at it's core

Valve has done nothing for the consumer in years, they only implemented refunds because they were forced to. They are a shit company.

"let's stir up some shit for the sake of getting hits"

>POLYGON IS NOT YOUR FRIEND, AND NOT HEALTHY FOR GAMING

Just read through the full article. Very interesting shit, especially about the people who previously worked there and the workshop artists.

Actually agree with Polygon for once, has hell frozen over?

>Polygon

That's not how the mod scene works.

Modding thrives off of derivative works. Having to worry about which mods are monetized throws a wrench in things.

Pretty much the only sensible thing polygon has ever said.

I look forward to someone being fired.

BASED Polygon! FUCK videogames!

youtube.com/watch?v=UujtfN7hCdo

origin is better, it's UI looks way better and it has better games.

>pushing political ideology into gaming field
fuck off or tell me how letting Bethesda demand money for shit like Fallout 4 made the industry better

>When someone bad says something right it makes what they said wrong

>not the first post by this IP

My my, some Valve fanboy isn't pleased to see this thread.

they aren't wrong about valve

>Let's all listen to the retard, surely he's due to be right this time!

I can get the rest of this, but what's wrong with steam guard? Are they not supposed to have shit to help protect accounts or something?

SG isn't just the mobile bullshit - it also includes the browser/IP checks and two-step email verify.

of course there will be faggots in the video game service with the most users by far

S-SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! BUY THE DOTA 2 BATTLEPASS NOW!!

hey newfag

>Valve

Bought 4 CSGO crates and keys to spite you faggots.

I miss when games didnt need to run through a client. Why cant rhey just let me download the game and run it through an exe like the cracked versions

The meaning is that Microsoft paid polygon to convince people that turning PC's into Xboxes with keyboards isn't a fucking retarded thing to do.

He is.

you sure showed us

No it fucking wouldn't.

You spent your own money, not mine, retard. You only did a disservice to yourself.

>Polygon

maybe not other people, but you -- yes

Not to mention you are also taxed by the gov for that income too. Looking at losing 90% of your earnings to a bunch of fat jews.

>Valve

I totally believe this.
Paid mods was the greatest sin a developer could ever commit.
Fuck valve.

if your mod is good enough you can monetise it anyway
see: Insurgency, Squad, PUBG, CS

Also true

>we killed 20+ years of good will amongst a community by trying to get them to sell eachother out
>HOW ARE WE THE BAD GUYS, WE'RE PAYING THEM FOR SOMETHING THEY ALL LOVED TO DO FOR FREE!

Holy shit Polygon got something right?

>Polygon

Valve listens to the community, just look at when they listened and brought back sprays.

there was a spray controversy?

Beat me to it.

Seriously I remember when gaming sites were full of cheat codes and guides and previews of games. Not horrible bait articles full of shit. Steam isn't perfect, but it gives a unified platform. Windows is worse for gaming than Steam.

I would imagine that someone got offended or something

now sprays are pretty much broken

He means (you) are as degenerated as Polygon.

He's joking... they "brought them back" by making them in-game items approved through the workshop that they sell for money.

I know this anyway.
I don't need a Microsoft funded, 'gaming' website to tell me that.

>>He's joking... they "brought them back" by making them in-game items approved through the workshop that they sell for money.
what
I have a spray still?

>polygon of all websites calls out valve on their horseshit
first the last few "writers" left at valve leave and now this happens, what a time to be alive, I can't wait until other journalists follow suit. where were you guys when the toppling of a once giant began?

>polygon

why because of that alt-right nazy consumer first ideology?

I have been against Valve and Steam for many years. I've been buying computer games since I was 7 when I played Diablo 1 with my father. When Steam came out I thought it was the most intrusive crap ever and only meant to stop me from playing a game I paid for. I never purchased a game through steam or used the service until fucking Skyrim of all games required me to install steam with the game disc (really?) in 2011. Since then only more and more games have required me to use steam to the point of complete pc market dominance we see today. The only thing Steam does is allow Valve to exist and keep making shitty games that nickle and dime you for shit like hats and gun skins from gambling. It offers very little to the consumer besides convenience for people that don't want to deal with retail. If you're not autistic such circumstances were never an issue before Steam acquired the market share it monopolizes today. Sure retail is dying in general, but the service steam offers to consumers can just as easily be achieved through a website without the always online bullshit and "game licencing" as a service. When steam dies one day everyone will lose their games, I guarentee it.

>Does the company sell good games
Yes

>Are the prices low
Yes

>Is the service convenient
Yes

>Have I ever experienced any mild inconvenience with with this service
Maybe once of twice, but nothing major.

So given that, Valve is indeed my friend. Cheap games + convenient network = muh friend.

>not the first post by this IP

Why are you still here, Gabe?

JUST

The problem is it's forced because some 12 year old got scammed out of his account because he's a dumbass and bitched a fit to valve and valve doesn't like customer service.

Lots of sales, prices are whatever when not on sale, its convenient to use and I never had any problems with it except when I had ghetto internet for awhile.

Broken clock is right twice a day.

Its Polygon but its absolutely true. Valve is a cancer.

>Steam sales become the norm
>Every PC platform other than Steam forced to conform
>GoG used to be vocally anti mass sales but they had to conform to compete
>Consoles follow suit and games are inexpensive (relatively) in a year
>Even happens to a small extent sometimes with Nintendo
>EVERY fucking dev that opens up about their sales say that they get massive week 1 sales, mediocre week 2 sales, and then sales totally drop off until the first time the game is discounted. After it goes on sale 3-4 more times sales dry up completely for all but the most popular releases. Indie gaming rarely sees runaway success anymore, and those that do can't afford to make more games even if they make it big, this hurts devs on all levels, and PC exclusives that can get ported are getting ported to Xbone/PS4/Switch/Smartphone/Etc
Valve shortsightedly forced the entire industry into an unsustainable business model thats going to crash and burn the whole fucking thing.

>Polygon
Better the devil I pay then the devil paid by SJWs.

>This would have caused people to make really good mods
>Doing mods for money instead for love is better

Yeah you can have cancer and die now.Thanks.

A good product is a good product, I don't care if it was made with love you gay redditor.

>unsustainable business model
With people buying brand new games just for cards or buying a game twice because they got banned, looks like a pretty good model to me.

Valve is shit but they made a controller concept interesting enough that I bought one on sale.

I want to play Torchlight 2 and other shit on my PC

>As the industry crashes and burns around steam
Also your retarded if you honestly think enough people are doing Steam trading card/item autism to support the entire video game industry

works with Sup Forums

The funny thing is - no one on Sup Forums will call Valve on their bullshit. Most of you are kids or NEETs, who don't understand how Steam is bad for you in the long run, by being bad for devs and content creators. You only see the fucking carrot, not the stick.

It's understandable why and how Valve is shitty at what they do, they literally play the good guy and you will still suck their cocks during Steam Sales etc. Because you only want cheap games, not thinking how what Steam does affects you.

Anybody who has had to deal with Steam "Customer service" has known this since day one.

Not to mention they consistently breach consumer rights regulations and laws.

>A good product is a good product

You missed the point entirely faggot. Look at what happened with the bethesda mod fiasco and the first mod released that way. A shitty quality mod for muh money.

It was a joke and you are part of it.

>the first mod released
Yes, it was released minutes after the change you idiot. Recognized and distinguished Mod authors like that sperg arthmoor were willing to quit their jobs to make better mods and improve upon existing ones. You're a fucking retard.

Since nobody is explaining why its bad i will see if i can do it

First scenario (no paid mods) means just people doing it as a hobby, you have people creating mods that go from really shitty to impressive, the later inspires more people to get into modding themselves which continues the cycle as old blood leaves, a good example of this is the Doom community which is still alive after decades and built new engines just so they could further push to the limit

The second scenario (paid mods) is bad because it ruins the community part, the people who would just do it as a hobby start doing it as a job (the "i have bills to pay" argument, not talking about donations), so instead of just being a circle of friends doing it for fun its now a business, you have people who are left out because they can't afford the mods, and most importantly, a huge nosedive in quality because some start going for this quantity over quality approach where they just shit as many mods as they can to make profit, shitty mods will exist anyway but in this case some people will do things like put less effort into good mods or cut them into pieces to make more money, it will be kinda like the DLC/mobile market

Another good point made in the past was the possibility of just adding a donation button, Valve's argument was that modders deserved money, problem is that if donations were added Valve wouldn't make profit from it, with paid mods both Valve and the company that owns the game gain part of the profits, i hope that also clears up their true intentions