Still king and still the best game ever made

Still king and still the best game ever made.
Brainlets not welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

metalgearinformer.com/?p=29879
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_2:_Substance#MGS2_V.27s_Fix
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I completed all the VR missions. MGS1 is still better

>There are people who actually think Vamp was a vampire

VR missions + Snake Tales are better than the entire MGS1+VR CD combo

If this was the best, why did MGS4 have to explain fucking everything 2 introduced?

Because 2 was going to be the last Metal Gear and it ended masterfully, disregarding its plot and embracing vidya as a completely innovative form of art.
Then Konami asked for more.

>and it ended masterfully

I don't recall that Arsenal Gear mess to be "masterfully" in any meaning. It's like the plot stopped giving a fuck so I stopped giving a fuck about the game

>the plot stopped spoonfeeding me misinfo so I stopped paying attention
Oh it shows user, it shows.

it wasn't spoonfeeding.

it was that it was no longer making any god damned sense

But it was, Raiden went into the whale and came out as a real boy, got integrated into the lore and Snake recognized that he was inside a video game, all while the AI GW is getting fucked in the head and doing weird shit because of EE's virus, it's the point where the game goes overboard with the virtual reality undertones and even has the fission mailed false game over screen.

Can't say I agree. MGS2 is a fucking good game. But I don't know if it's better than MGS1
That doesn't make sense. I didn't play MGS2 on release, but I would think that the very last exchange between Ocelot and Snake about the data they took making no sense must have implied that there was going to be another game, right?

>all while the AI GW is getting fucked in the head and doing weird shit because of EE's virus

and yet people here still believe it's final speech despite all this shit

**Otacon, dunno why I said Ocelot

No, it just meant that the Patriots had been one step ahead the whole time, everything Snake and Ocelot did was so they could get some names of people that had been dead for a century, meaning that they weren't even close to the surface of the thing, it implied a larger plot without giving it away, and went right with the game's constant misinformation and twists.

Meant Otacon as well but kept thinking of Ocelot getting the simulation disc at the end of MGS1

best way to emulate this game?
just a ps2 emulator, or?

Play the PS2 version on emulator.

yeha I thought this was probably my only option as the HD remasters are ps3/xbox360 only right? will i miss anything?

i beat the game a handful of times like, 10 years ago ish?

You'll miss better textures and 60fps, that's it. The PS2 version actually has a skateboarding mode that the HD version doesn't for some reason.

Yes, PS3/XB360/Vita
You'll miss nothing if you get the Substance version since the HD remaster is Substance, not vanilla SoL, in fact HD remaster lacks the skating minigame.

>missing 60FPS on PS2
But the game had 60FPS on both PS2 and PC back in 2003. It's MGS3 that suffered from franerate problems and hardware limitations.

Snake and Raiden were an awesome duo

How can it be king when it's inferior to its predecessor and successor?

I love this game .. and I'm out

>inferior to a MGS1
Better graphics
Better controls
Better plot
Better textures
Better animations
Better everything
>inferior to a menu driven saturday morning cartoon
Better pacing
Better narrative
Better plot
Better resolution
Better characters
Less menus
Less retarded shit

It's superior in every way user.

>had 60FPS on both PS2 and PC
>and PC
wot?

>Better graphics
Wrong

>Better graphics
Yes, I understand that being 90s trash you need point this out.
>Better controls
Yes.
>Better plot
LOL
>Better textures
Again?
>Better animations
I'm beggining to think that you're actually 00s trash.
>Better everything
LOL
>inferior to a menu driven saturday morning cartoon
>Better pacing
Objectively wrong
>Better narrative
Debatable.
>Better plot
LOL
>Better resolution
Thanks for confirming my doubts.
>Better characters
Hahahahaha
>Less menus
And? All in all, kill yourself. Don't even bother memeing to be honest.
Less retarded shit

Why is this game good?
I never played any mgs

No, I'm right, everything from the textures to the models to the animations are superior, 2 has objectively better graphics than 1

Best MGS desu. 3 is overrated

imagine a movie filled with stupid bullshit that sounds like a contrived 80's movie but you care about its characters, and it's always riding the line between earnest and serious so hard that you don't know what's what and don't care because of how unique the tone is.
That's just the narrative of MGS, the gameplay is tight, the presentation and pacing is top notch, it fucks with your head for a while and uses its gameplay to do so, try 2 after playing 1.

MGS1 had a real art style. MGS2 had awkward PS2 models and lame lighting

Meant earnest and not serious, my bad.
>LOL
>LOL
>LOL
>Hahahahaha
Thanks for trying my man, here we have your average Sna

>Better graphics
Irrelevent
>Better controls
Agreed
>Better plot
A plot so bad that Kojima had to sacrifice another game to deal with it
>Better textures
That would be under graphics really
>Better animations
I would hope so being a generation apart
>Better everything
Except...

>worse support characters
>worse main character
>worse boss characters
>worse soundtrack
>worse codec
>worse location

I wouldn't be surprised if MGS2 was your first MGS.

It didn't have to. It would've been better if it didn't try to bring back every character and explain everything

Your average Snake Eater*

>Thanks for trying my man
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, see you next week buddy, try to step up your game.

>irrelevent
But it is relevant.
>so bad Kojima had to sacrifice another game to deal with it
It didn't need to be dealt with, that's something you faggots will never understand, that the game disregards its own narrative because it's riding the line between "this is really happening" and "this is a simulation" really fucking hard.
>worse support characters
All more fleshed out than Naomi "I hate you but you want to save Meryl so I don't hate you" Hunter, even Rose. Yes, I said it, Rose is a better character than Naomi Hunter.
>Worse main character
>hating on Jack the Ripper
You went full retard son
>worse boss characters
Vamp, Fatman and Solidus > Sniper Wolf, Ocelot and Liquid
>Worse soundtrack
Masterful soundtrack by Gregson-Williams, going beyond what even MGS attempted to do with idiosyncratic jazz-like structures and arrangements
>worse codec
Better codec, allows for movement of models and even replies if you pressed shoulder buttons.
>worse location
I'll give you that, the Plant is worse than Shadow Moses but Arsenal Gear is way better than the MG room in MGS
I'm not shitposting, go and keep overrating Snake Eater because muh feels, kid.

@377190708
>even Rose. Yes, I said it, Rose is a better character than Naomi Hunter

Stopped reading right there. You're not even trying at this point, or you have unbelievably bad taste. Enjoy your thread I'm out. You're not even getting a (you) from me for that.

Not him but you didn't even get to the most retarded part.
>Vamp, Fatman and Solidus > Sniper Wolf, Ocelot and Liquid

>unbelievably bad taste
>says he while defending Naomi "I stole the identity of this person but still went and did her job investigating my own genes I hate you but I love you Snake" Hunter.

what? ocelot and liquid are some of the shittiest fights in the series

1=2>4>3

RIP John Cygan
You voiced someone who did nothing wrong

What do you get out of shitposting at 1:11 AM?

>everything I disagree with is a shitpost
Why are MGS1 and/or Snake Eaters such rabid shitposters? We're trying to discuss MGS2 AKA the best Metal Gear game here.

Yet you couldn't answer my question.

>Best plot
MGS4
>Best gameplay
MGS3
>Best cast
MGS1
>Best bosses
Ghost Babel

prove me wrong. protip: you can't.

He also voiced Solidus.

Because it's a dumb question you fucking retard, I'm not shitposting so I couldn't get anything out of "it", just because you don't like the fact that 2 is the best MGS doesn't mean whoever says it is shitposting.
I swear to god you children that love MGS3 are unbearable with your overrated menu driven cutscene

Man i can't belive John Cygan is dead, just today i thought of him and how he was one of the few non wooden actors in War in the North. He's was great in everything i heard him in and he literally made that character (Solidus) through his delivery and voice alone.

>fights
2>1
>characters
1>2 solidus was cool though

Garbage until arsenal. 1, 3 and even 5 are superior games.

>best plot mgs4

Wrong.

Isn't Ghost Babel the bastard Metal Gear that Kojima hated?

Hey, Rose is one of the best written characters in the series. Just because she gets on your nerves doesn't make her bad. Also she has some great codec calls where here and Raiden really go at it and her voice actress did an amazing job.

You must be thinking of Portable Ops

>Garbage until arsenal
This, MGS2 is the definition of "it gets good x hours in".

or snakes revenge

she*

>some brainlet did this out of spite because his overrated snake eating game is slowly but surely losing its underserved crown

You think you know better than Kojima, faggot?

It's main issue is that when it drops exposition, it's usually so fucking massive that's it can be hard to take it all in the first time.

The fact of the matter is that you're a pathetic shitposting faggot doing this because dad used to beat your mother while you watch, crying, in shame, because you were to much of a bitch to do anything about it, and then in turn she hated your worthless ass. Come on, meme about it and deny it.

Kojima never said that you fucking retard.

>all these projections
Shhh shhh user, no tears, only dreams now, your dad can't touch your mom anymore, and don't play MGS2 if it brings those nasty memories to your head :(

Exactly what I expected.

>projects
>you're projecting
>HA I EXPECTED THAT RESPONSE
Yeah no shit you did kiddo, you're a master debater.

every time i play mgs2 it amazes me how good the start of the tanker looks. that shit was a ps2 launch title.
mgs1 had great style but it's not as Impressive

my favourite thing about this game is the physical impossibility of the boss fight with all the RAYs
how does arsenal gear have this huge platform surrounded by empty space
where does that fight happen and how can it exist
i love it

Good story. Shit game. It's literally 1 again but worse.

If you squint a bit at that cover art, it almost looks like Raiden has huge tits. Oh and MGS 2 is overrated and not the best one.

>MGS2
>MFW just found out Solidus' English VA John Cygan passed away few days ago.
metalgearinformer.com/?p=29879

Feels bad man.

But it is the best one.

>377191814
Definitely both.

I'm sorry your opinion is dog shit

Fuck you, fight me.

MGS2 has themes that only became super relevant about five years ago. It was the last intellectual game Kojima gave you idiots before you philistines cried cause your brains hurt too much, so he made you faggots some playskool level shit like MGS3 and MGS4.

Fight Club for illiterates.

Is it playable on PC?

I thought Ghost Babel was fucking god tier for a non canon Metal Gear game

Was Raiden simply playing a video game all along?

You can play MGS2 at 4k on PC using a mod some dude made. Torrent it and then install his fix. Even gives you full 360/Xbone controller support and the option to switch between the classic button layout or one similar to MGS5

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_2:_Substance#MGS2_V.27s_Fix