So.. The era of dark souls bad clones has begun?

So.. The era of dark souls bad clones has begun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hxUmdlhaxmA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It started in 2014

In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

Nice list, except those are not the things that make a Souls game good. Souls games live and die for their atmosphere, exploration elements, level design and boss design.

Sure PvP wise DS2 has some nice things, but actual fans of the series don't play souls for the PvP which should be nothing more than an environment hazard so to speak.

>Souls games live and die for their atmosphere, exploration elements, level design and boss design.

Except Boss design, do you seriously believe this bs? Souls lives and dies by slow deliberate combat and artificial difficulties.

the surge only copies the bonfire mechanic, fuck off

>but actual fans of the series don't play souls for the PvP
Literally half the players play souls for PvP, and still continue to play it after hundreds of hours just for that, too

The fact that you don't like PvP doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't as well

>377188865

you are so unbelievably wrong and stupid sounding for even typing that.

WHy does it have to be an era of BAD souls clones? Why can't we have an era of GOOD souls clones? I love the dark souls series and would like more of the formula, and it's clear that the surge game is better than LotF, albit not by much.

Hell, the third game could be in the 90s on metacritic. Don't you guys want nice things?

Kind've the opposite considering the PvPers are the ones that still play the games well past anyone else.

DS3 has very little original content.

Souls vet here, this is my take on things as someone who has obsessively played the shit out of DeS and DaS1 since their respective launches on PS3.

Concepts:

>New Firelink Shrine (DaS3) == The Nexus (DeS)
The resemblance is fucking stunning if you've ever played DeS. Lord Thrones are in the exact same alignment that the archstones are, surrounding where you spawn in, with multiple levels of height within the area accessible by curved staircases.

>Lothric Castle (DaS3) == Boletaria Castle (DeS)
You start the game here, and the climax of the game is here (fighting twin princes/false king allant).

>Karla (DaS3) == Yuria the Witch (DeS)
Karla teaches forbidden hex magic/miracles/pyromancies that channel the power and rage of the abyss, Yuria the Witch teaches forbidden magic that channel the power and rage of demon souls.

> Stormruler (DaS3) == Storm Ruler (DeS)
Used to take down mighty foes with a legendary sword found in the corresponding boss arenas. Yhorm and the Storm King are basically the same type of "puzzle boss" until you find the sword.

Mechanics:

> FP (DaS3) == MP (DeS)
Literally the same exact shit.

> Rolling
Functions the same exact way as DeS, because med rolling was buffed so fucking hard that the difference between fast roling and med rolling is so small that staying right under the fat roll minimum is required for every build.

Case-in-point, DaS3 is super fucking stale for veterans who have been with the series since DeS in 2009/2010. It's literally because the game is around 50% recycled DaS content, 30% recycled DeS content, 10% recycled bloodborne content, and 10% original content.

The Golden age is over, but we skipped straight to the Dark ages.

He thinks the casuals who summon 3 phantoms to clear the game for them are representative of the souls community.

i like this post.

The Surge is already better than two of the souls games though

It actually copies many mechanics, like soul recovery, deliberate one on one fights, even the way it hides enemies around corners and behind breakable boxes is the same. It's definitely a clone.

Not that being a clone is bad. I do wish this was better though

Just beat the second boss, here's some thoughts and impressions.

>combat is pretty fun on a 1v1 basis, with dodging and blocking feeling decent against human enemies
>it quickly becomes a "please zone and pull one with your drone or get clusterfucked" when another human enemy joins in
>enemy drones can be semi-annoying but are easy enough to combo down
>weapon variety is decent, but there's only one set of moves for each weapon class and the different weapons have different damage attributes and shit in the same class
>damage mitigation on gear feels fucking pointless because you'll get hit for 80% of your health if you get hit by any decent attack anyway, so just wear Lynx or Gorgon gear
>bosses are okay so far, the five bosses meme is whatever, the second boss was WAY more enjoyable than the first
>level design is legitimately interesting and you get those DS1 "oh shit shortcut! it was right there!" tingles sometimes
>fuck scorpion dogs and toxic waste.

I rate it 7/10 or so. I got it for 30, wouldn't pay more than that. It's very fucking punishing for no reason sometimes.

DaS2 was only good for PvP. The PvE was just horrible.

Let's not forget that Dark Souls 2 made whips actually fun to use and effective among other weapons and then Dark Souls 3 reverted them to being a joke item like in DS1.

This is why you keep getting shitty clones.

>6.990 scrap
Why are they using such small numbers with 3 place decimals? Wouldn't it be easier to just make that 6990 scrap?

It is 6990 scrap, that's supposed to be a comma I think. Or it's a decimal for muh techno feels.

In the crafting / level up menu it's a comma.

Souls games haven't been fun since Demon's Souls.

>begun
>lords of the fallen exists

DaS2 pvpfag subhuman contrarians btfo

>Clones that don't have PvP

Nice argument friend-o

Certainly better than the last two. Low playercount so far but Dark Souls launched with under 10k players from what I remember on PC at least. The game is certainly more (((fun))) and the combat feels much smoother.

Yeah, because we all know the thing that never worked throughout 5 different games is the pillar to this formula. Not the level design. Not the bosses. Not the art and sound. Not the storytelling. Not the bloodstains. Not the messages. Not the actual gameplay. No. Souls is all about guessing what someone with a double digit ping will do a whole 3 seconds ahead of him and stabbing him in the back.

Fuck off Deck13, this game is not better than Bb or DS3.

>DaS3 is super fucking stale for veterans who have been with the series since DeS
I don't know what you're talking about. DS2 practically killed my interest in the series from the start, but I'm just now getting into DS3 and I'm having a blast.

youtube.com/watch?v=hxUmdlhaxmA

Allow me to sum up Dark Souls 3 for you:

>Member Artorias? here's abysswatchers!
>Member Oolacile and blightown? Here they are in one area!
>Member Pinwheel? Here he is as a sage, twice!
>Member congregation? Here it is even worse!
>Member Bloodborne? Here's a entire village with copy-pasted bloodborne assets.
>Member the catacombs? Here's some more catacombs
>Member Izalith? Here it is with some of the exact same enemies
>Member Black Knights?
>Member Silver Knights?
>Member AnorLondo?
>Member Darkmoon invasions? Haha just kidding, theres no BEO
>Member Gwyndolin? here he is.
>Member Priscilla? Heres a QT 3.14 version of her.
>Member Yuria the witch? Here's a copy of her.
>Member Tower of Latria? Here's the same level
>Member Giant Lord and Storm King? Here a fight with both of them!
>Member the Hellfire Drake? Here's two drakes!
>Member Ornstein?
>Member the Astral Clocktower from TOH?
>Member Kiln of the First FLame?
>MEMBER GWYN?

>>Member Bloodborne? Here's a entire village with copy-pasted bloodborne assets.
That city existed since DaS you retarded sonyger.