I may have been too harsho on Keiji Inafune

I may have been too harsho on Keiji Inafune.

During the launch of MN9, I and others were spamming "CON MAN" in the chat. I considered it harmless fun. However, considering how dejected he looked, and that a laptop with the chat was right in front of him, I realized he probably saw it He looked so dejected and sad and basically apologized and said it was okay to hate him.

Did I go too far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DGCe_HpgH6c
gematsu.com/2017/05/inti-creates-announce-two-new-switch-titles-bitsummit-2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The unfortunate price of being in the entertainment industry. He promised a better product and failed spectacularly. Some of the comments were uncalled for, but that's the internet and you need thick skin. He should've delivered a better product.

he made a bad product. I dont feel bad for him

So what's he doing right now? What happened to the 3ds and Vita version of Mn9? And that other Kickstarter of his?

>What happened to the 3ds and Vita version of Mn9?

It's actually nothing.

And that other Kickstarter of his?

The animated short was released. No word on the game. if it'll ever get made.

I just don't understand how he went from THIS masterpiece to fucking MN9.

Literally, how?

Didn't realize that until now. Damn that's depressing.

Inafune doesn't deserve credit for MegaMan, the same goes for Playtonic and BK

Inafune and Comcept don't make games, they make art and concepts. Idea guys for games who can draw basically. So they come up with some ideas, then leave and another team makes the game. So if you like the game, thank Sony's game devs for it, not Inafune, who only came up with vague scenario and gameplay ideas.

Inti-Creates made the core of MN9 under the same system.

Anyone can make ideas, since they're easy. Turning those into real games is hard.

SS's director was on Comcept's end.

He's working on something new, so I'm hoping Sony give the IP another chance.

>SS's director was on Comcept's end.

Thank him then.

Guy's name is Teruhiro Shimokawa btw.

When Comcept goes under, I hope that he finds a nice job.

At least he did a good job with Inti Creates and Gunvolt 2. Game is the real MegaMan spiritual sequel everyone wanted.

Inafune had almost no role in Gunvolt.

youtube.com/watch?v=DGCe_HpgH6c

There is a zero percent chance he knows english

We made sure to spell it out phoenetically in Japanese.

Inafune only "advised" Gunvolt. The real quality came from elsewhere.

Mind giving me a sample? How do you spell out con man in japanese phonetics?

Post yfw two games with shorter development time and no multibillion dollar kickstarter blew MN9 out of the water and became the real Megaman successors people wanted.

At least Soul Sacrifice was decent.

>Use the Unreal Engine 3
>Game looks worse than some PS1 games

Legitimately how?

Those PS1 games had actual talent put in them

>Mind giving me a sample? How do you spell out con man in japanese phonetics?

Don't ask me. I wasn't the one doing it. It just looked like Nihonese symbols to me. But he didn't get banned for spamming it, since the mod of the room couldn't read it. I got banned pretty fast for my conman spamming in English.

Inti Creates has no programmers, and only knows how to make 2D games.

I need GV 3.

>Igarashi later revealed these studios as DICO, who have experience with localization and global development, and Monobit, for technical assistance with the game engine.[40]

ie Inti-Creates are bungling morons who can't use Unreal Engine 4 and need help.

Yeah man. It actually is a really fun platformer, especially the second one. The setting is also interesting. Favorite character?

Does anyone have that comic where Megaman is being all sappy and telling Beck that he is the successor and the last panel has Beck holding a money bag and saying "tight budget"?

Inti seems to be good with spritework but not so much so with Unreal Engine. I think it's good IGA got someone else to help when he had the chance, at least Bloodstained won't be held back as much by Inti.

Thanks friend, been looking for that

Is Ben Judd right?

Zero and X never got fooled

he belongs in jail
fuck that slimy gook

>X and MMZ Zero knew something was wrong and didn't fall for that shit

I don't get it

Then you never will

To the people who actually backed MN9

Was there any point where warning flags popped up during the whole development period?

I don't even think they even got their extra shit for backing the kickstarter

I really wanted MN9 to be good. I loved mega man as a kid and was really pumped for the supposed spiritual successor. It just wasn't mega man. I mean some parts of it were cool. I felt just as pumped finishing a level as I did when I was a kid. The idea was cool and I could look past the fact the game didn't look incredible. I mean it's not a huge AAA kinda game.

In execution though it just wasn't mega man. The dash mechanic would have been cool if it wasn't forced so much.

Yooka-laylee is super nostalgic but in all the wrong ways, and I really really want bloodstained to be good but it's been in development for a long time.

That's pretty fucked up. Part of me feels sorry for Inafune for all this negativity but then I remembered he scammed 4 million dollars from people

>too harsh
He brought it on himself.

Why do they keep going for Inti Creates?
This is what I don't understand.

>Was there any point where warning flags popped up during the whole development period?

When gameplay was released. Holy hell that looked bad. I gave up on the project after that. For some reason a lot of people didn't and thought it would improve.

Still mad they killed the loli and replaced her with a hag.

They made the best MegaMan like games for a while. MMZ was great

The loli's inside him. Something the hag never accomplished.

>great
I think you mean the best 4 Megaman games there are.

And yet Inti made Gunvolt and those were fine games and much better successors to their respective Mega Man titles.

Con man lives. Photo from March 17th, 2017.

NOT ANYMORE

Inti made Megaman 9 and 10 and those were great. As well as Gunvolt.
So what happened with MN9? Just a misstep?

MM9/10, and Gunvolt were cheap games, made in 2D for one console at a time. MN9 was made in Unreal, (they had no programmers), and made simultaneously for 10 consoles at once.

You'd think the long development time would have compensated for that

>You'd think the long development time would have compensated for that

It seems they had to treat the actual game as an after thought they rushed, while they spent all the time on technical issues or features that no one cared for (like online).

The whole Dina thing. And I don't mean in the "muh SJW" sense, but rather that the whole shitstorm happened and literally no one else from Comcept said anything or tried to calm people down.

And then the gameplay screenshots after the UE3 proof of concept video. What's funny is that said videos looks better, but then again I have the impression they went with the brighter, plastic graphics because of the 3DS version. Which ironically hasn't been released and no word has come from Comcept on it.

Here's the thing about MN9: It taught people to be more critical of game development in general. Inafune didn't deliver a game but a life lesson.
Give me back my $250 you hack wojak.png

8 consoles
And the 3D stuff was a big mistake
And then all that merch. And the show. Everything about it was bad decisions.

>xir

I thought that was only in the shitty original translation

I feel like the second one is only better because of Copen, since Gunvolt got no new abilities and plays pretty much exactly the same, at least, from what I could tell. Copen also is basically made for speeding through levels.

Also we actually learned Copen's reasoning behind hating adepts, only to make him question himself in the end if that hate is an okay thing.

>man steals money from people and releases a terrible game
>Hires fuckbuddy as PR rep for biggest sales territory
>Rides on past fame that was built on the backs of people who were much more talented than him
>starts new projects when it's blatantly obvious the current one is going down in flames

Nah, he's a fucking hack. I'm not sure if "con man" is the correct term, because that inblies Inafune is smart enough to set up a con, and not merely an impotent moron who couldn't tie his own shoes without drooling all over himself like the knuckle dragging retard he is. "Eternal Fuckup" is a better description for him.

Pic Related, the Mn9 booth at anime expo 2016

The hag wanted GV inside her, not the opposite.

>tfw the freebie created for advertisment ended up being the better game featuring Beck

It's possible to beat the withoutvever stumbling on them but Gunvolt got two new skills that don't consume SP or reset your kudos.

What are your thoughts on Koji Igarashi?

he was an arrogant man and he said a lot of wild things. A lot of people bought into his arrogance and believed he was a real genius but really he's just a man that had one good idea his entire career. Sit down, Keiji, be humble.

what a fucking copout of an excuse for "i didn't really tell him shit in japanese"

gematsu.com/2017/05/inti-creates-announce-two-new-switch-titles-bitsummit-2017

No. Fuck this guy for faffing around for so long with this piece of shit. I never trusted him and this whole debcale proves that Sup Forums doesn't know much about media production, as you unironically thought them getting a CHARACTER designer assured the actual design of the game's levels would be good.

Hope he cried like an anime fan on prom night.

>that had one good idea his entire career.

what was that idea?

The design for Zero

keiji.inafune.9

He has a facebook page. Like a normal one. Not a fan page. You have to be friends to see it though.

link to video?

Iga:
koji.igarashi1

takuya.aizu.5 (inti creates head)

There's a bunch of people on there.

I'm searching through their friends to see if I can find anyone else. Interesting, none of them seem to keep in touch with old collegues who left gaming. I was hoping maybe I could find their pages and see what they're up to.