It still hurts...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wr1HMERZcBs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll never stop being mad.

why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Roll > Tron

I just want a new game starring best girl

I've never played MML, but man you guys have had it rough.
>MML3 gets cancelled
>Inafune uses the fact as bait for people to kickstart MN9

And who is that?
>Two of my favorite series
>Both get shit on in the end
>realize their creators were just highly fortunate cons

It's our fault really

Glad I was broke when that shit happened. I'm certain I'd have taken the bait, otherwise.

Really dodged a bullet there.

I love this design

Those are fighting words.

Obviously you're talking about mega man, but what was the other series you were refering to?

Metal Gear Solid series

>this one didn't win

Japs have no fucking taste.

What's stopping them from releasing the prototype? Wasn't it finished?

I actually like the design that won but yes, that one is definitely better

I feel for you guys and all, but you should really just be happy that it didn't come out only to be shit.
Sometimes dead is better.

It may have looked good from the trailers, but you should know not to trust those by now.

mah nigga

Shut up, Metroidnerd. Go wallow in your own thread,

Really wish there was a comparable alternative. Metroidvanias got Axiom Verge, Hollow Knight, Ori, etc. It'd be nice to see OoT/MML clones take off

This looks so good...

IT'S NOT FAIR

The fucking reason I bought a 3ds.
Never again I have paid for a capcom game since then.

Anyone else replay the games every summer?
I started it up a few days ago and started crying when "In a world covered by endless water" started up. And then when I walked into the market for the first time and the music hit me I curled up in a ball and started bawling.

holy shit are there any millionaires out there that can make legends 3 happen now please.

No but I'm considering it.

I don't know if I should pirate or download from psn

I replayed them about a year ago and was disappointed when I remembered how short they were. Like I tried as hard as possible to stretch out MML2, did everything possible and still beat the game in no time.

Who's flying the Flutter ?

Nothing, but it will never happen regardless.

I distinctly remember it being said the prototype would be used to gauge interest for green-lighting the actual project too, since it was going to be a paid demo.

;_;

Tango. All 20 of them.

Just move on.
The best parts of the game were
>a cute overworld with shops, mingames and sidequests that hid
>several story related and side dungeons that got harder the deeper you dug down and eventually interconnect like a big underground spiderweb
>finding oddities and broken robotics to build weapons and upgrades
>a strong aesthetic and character interaction

Just you wait, fuckers. I'm gonna make NotMegaMan Legend. It is my destiny.
What do I include?
What's your favorite aspect of 1 & 2?

>sometimes dead is better
I need to watch this again soon.

>Indian Girl didn't make the cut
>Met Hardhat girl didn't make the cut
>generic pink hair gets in the official art
Everyone has shit taste but me

>We will never see Roll's new outfit in-game

Also the great OST

Why should I believe you're gonna make a good game

user can I be your engine programmer? I just don't want to see it done on unity.

>they couldn't add all the waifus
why even bother

I thought they said the remaining girls would be npcs?

What's your favorite track, cunt?
Unity isn't inherently bad. It just has a knack for attracting crap. That being said I don't want to use it either.
In house stuff's in the works.

They salvaged the game and turned it into E.X. Troopers. Game never left Japan though, so not many people know about it.

youtu.be/Wr1HMERZcBs

A lot of fake hype for a new game from a bad game series that hardly sold anything.

I bought a 3ds due to the announcement. I got use out of it of course but still. My rage will never, ever subside. Every mistake and flop capcom makes fills me with geniune glee.

>bad game series
Please bait elsewhere you big gay

Reason why I originally bought a 3ds because they announced a playable demo would be released for the 3ds launch...it never arrived.

The 3ds was originally $250 too, I was so mad.

>shitcan MML & Lost Planet projects
>just throw em together with some weeb paintjob I guess who cares
Everything I love turns to shit

I'd say a lot of people who were following MML3 are aware of it. That isn't really what people wanted though.

Is it any good?
I'm pretty thirsty for something even tangentally like legends.
Would you say it's worth pirating for someone who can't speak moon?

It's not for one-offs and simple projects. but I've played some amazing games that were really held back by it. Orbital gear for instance is the closest thing I could imagine to a tribes/quake game turned 2d and it's extremely fun. BUT ten minutes in Unity decides it's had enough fun and you're going to get hitches every 10 seconds. That completely kills it.

Holy shit, are you me?

I know what you mean.

I had a dream about a year ago that the servers were still up, I was jumping around Steel Canyon just whipping people to death. I woke up, slightly teary eyed.

Then.. then I realized the 5th anniversary of the shutdown was a few days ago.

I still miss it. I miss my scrappers, I miss my masterminds, I miss my corruptors, brutes, controllers and blasters.

Dear god I miss my Blasters and Masterminds.

I had a whole fucking arsenal of Touhou characters. Fucking fire/fire/fire Mokou, even death was an attack. God damn Nitori Bot/ff/mace mastermind, Yuugi ss/invul brute and god damnit, the character I stuck longest with was Staff/Regen scrapper, Remilia. Those fucking Incarnate powers really pushed everything to fit the vampire shtick and make Regen viable as fuck.

Well over 30 fucking touhou characters just gone.

Gone.

I want City of Heroes back.

I'm still hazy on the details.
Why exactly was it canned?

To spite a conman.
Also the legends games have never sold well so business men didn't want anything to do with it.

This is going to be one of those wounds that'll just never leave you.

But I heard it was because there wasn't enough interest shown in the game?

At least we got a bunch of shitty games that are easily emulated, for the low, low, price of only $70.

Not enough people played ball. Though more likely it was because Inafune left the company in the middle of development.

Capcom said that was why.
It's also bullshit, but it's the excuse they gave and they're sticking too it.

>daily reminder that he'll never get back home

So the last thing Inafune did, after destroying so much, was ruin this too?

The only alternative is gay furries the PS1 game.

And that makes me sad.

I'll make it first. By myself.

>started playing around the time villains launched
>first char was a merc/ff character
>get laughed at in groups
>rarely invited to strike forces
>then this one patch introduced procing invention enhancements
>-20% resist to all, stackable with your personal attacks and each tier of pets
>able to get easily -60% resists on enemies from yourself, soldiers and spec ops, and sometimes the commando
>everything melted
>medicine pool
>teleportation
>some auxiliary pool that had cool shit like AoE webs, a personal shield and another temp robot spider pet i cant remember
>no game has ever been able to match the feeling of the mastermind since

Fuck you NCSoft, im glad guild wars 2 is doing shit

I'll do something about that, user.
secret level: moon mission, objective: rescue

you always have that weird tron bonne mecha game where you control the small yellow guys.

It was supposed to be his last gift to the fans before he left.

But some people theorize that he knew it would get cancelled, and that it was just a ploy to help fund his new studio.

And it worked.

Fuck you Inafune, fuck you crapcom.

Why didn't they just release the fucking paid demo? It was complete. It was also summer when the eshop opened, and there was no fucking games at all for the system, people would have bought it just cause. Fuck sake, the gameplay looked so evolved from the first 2, but kept the look and feel. I'll always be mad, didn't support mn9 because that asshat leaving before the demo at least being out.

Ok.

Maybe I'll just make a thread some other time during US hours where people aren't salty cunts and give real replies.
Or maybe not, I'd rather have something to show first to open the thread with and get some interest going.

I don't understand why they couldn't kickstarter it if they wanted to be greedy jews, it would've worked out for them.

I am literally shaking in rage. Fuck, I am imaging how much fun I would have playing mega man legends 3 and shaking. I am in so much pain. I would do anything for a conclusion to the series.

nobody which is why it's crashing in that picture

with no survivors!

>Still in high school so money was sparse and I had to plan every single purchase
>E3 got me hyped for the 3DS but Kid Icarus and Animal Crossing weren't enough to sell me yet
>Megaman Legends is revealed and that's absolutely enough to push me over
>Bust my ass cleaning a friend's house and digging a garden for a neighbor in the heat of summer for weeks to save up enough for a 3DS and some games
>All the Legends 3 fan participation stuff only served to get me more hyped
>Have a blast in the Sup Forums threads and even make new friends through it all
>After all that it turns out they won't even release the fucking demo
>Got chemical burns and horrible sunburns on top of that all for Inafune to slap my tender skin and piss on it
At least I learned a life lesson from it. I don't entirely blame Inafune but he's an easy target so why not.

well user, you're just another anonymous person posting on Sup Forums without anything else to go on. Given there hasn't been any Legends inspired stuff posted on /agdg/, what do you really expect?

Thank god, I would be hella mad playing as non megaman in megaman games Unless it's a spinoff's spinoffs.

shut the fuck up. You would love to play this

The fuck? Pink looks like a Star Force reject design. Guess it's Nips' shit taste as usual.

No fuck you, this shit deserved to be dead. Next time use fucking character in the title for the promotion image, you fucking dumbsack

>No fuck you, this shit deserved to be dead.

A curse upon your houses!!!

I mean think about it, there's not enough interest is the reason for cancellation.
THE FUCKING promotion image is a literal OC donutsteel, like fuck man, are we even playing a megaman game?

I still have hope. is that sad?

You were only going to play as that character in the beginning prologue to help Roll build the rocket to retrieve Mega from the moon. After that you'd play as Megaman.

It was a mystery who that character was Maybe part of Roll and Mega's past, and part of the adventure was finding out.

>MML3
The anger will never go away.

WE ARE LITERALLY TRYING TO GET THE BLUE BOMBER OFF THE MOON.

Why would we play as megaman the first part?

>The Moon

I never got this. It's not the moon. Hell I'm not even sure if the final dungeon was even in Earth's orbit.

BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING MEGAMAN GAME YOU ASS. Like fuck, I don't care if you didn't play as him at first, you still need to convince the viewer that you're going to play as MEGAMAN.

LITERALLY NO SCREEN OF MEGAMAN GAMEPLAY ALL OF THAT WAS THE LITERAL DONUT STEEL.
EAT FUCKING SHIT
And you wonder why there's so little hype for this

I'm still mad, but judging from what I saw of MML3, it looked like they were going in a direction I didn't care for.

>...eventually interconnect like a big underground spiderweb

They got rid of this in MML2. I was so sad. I missed Kattleox.

>This is how pathetic Legends babies are
Grow the fuck up

Hey, if you're still in the thread, try posting it to the facebook group. They could always use more stuff to talk about, and you might be able to get some good opinions/ideas from some of the folks there. Some of them are working on making their own stuff, so maybe you can get some insight.

fuckyou fuckyou fuckyou fuckyou fuckyou fuckyou fuckyou fuckyou fuckyou fuckyou fuckyou fuckyou fuckyou fuckyou fuckyou
You don't understand the pain we go through everyday.

Because it's catchier than "satellite" or "Elysium." In Jap its name translates to "Heaven," but that doesn't roll off the tongue so well, you know? Gotta keep things snappy or ideas don't catch.

Elysium was in Earth's Orbit, you can see it from the splash screen at the end.

Sad!
i know they were 100k at one point. I remember they day it happened

My grandchildren will see me mumbling angrily in a rocking chair. Probably think that I hate their new music or that I am upset that the new waifu vr simulations are too intense for me to handle.
But it will still be about MML.

Did the PSP ports ever add anything new or are they just a 1:1 port and the reason why no one has bothered translating them?

user give me a name for your game and i will write it down and i will support you