Other urls found in this thread:

oed.com/view/Entry/77468
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_history
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Disgusting but name 4 games that do this

>game has a sexuality slider with over 20 ticks on it

>Haha we love science we're such geeks and nerds lol
>What's that? That's not science, that's just sexist/racist/whatever -ist is popular this week
>REAL science is about how I feel

You have no idea how happy I am that upper levels of bio/chem/calc classes chews these fucktards up and spits them out, and after like three years of this shit I'm free

>Gender slider
but why???

Silent Storm has a gender slider in its character creation that affects how masculine or feminine your character looks.

Buzzkill context for people who haven't played Strafe; it's simply a voice selector.

gender is mental, sex is physical

>ENGLISH
>stars and stripes

Why not? There are definitely more than two genders, and it's not like this idea has been a new thing either considering certain cultures like the Samoans or even looking at the origins of the term gender itself. There are still two biological sexes though.

None of that has anything to do with science though. Sounds more like you have become a victim of scientism.

why to put gender instead of voice? that's a stupid decision.

>gender slider has only one axis
How black and white thinking, I'm almost getting triggered here

But why to put it on a game? is the game focused on genders? if not, then there is no fucking purpose.

What's the problem bongcuck :^)

Saints Row.
But then again, it's satire anyways

The devs are simply memeing. Considering the game has a lot of 90s nostalgia shit in it and the devs clearly spent more time working on the presentation values than the actual gameplay, I wouldn't put it past them.

If the game has a social element to it at all, it very much makes sense to have it in some way shape or form.

It's just a voice selector.

>social

Only matters for sexual acts. And 98% of games don't have sex.

So basically the player have to scream at the entire world the MC gender identity? the player have to tell a specific sexual taste to every single NPC he meets?

fucking why? if it is to get into a romantic relationship with then NPC just remove the straight only option and let the entire gender shit for the player to roleplay for themselves not as a meaningless game mechanic.

Not at all. You don't take into account how characters would interact with this person and how this person would interact with others.

No, this has nothing to do with hamhanded writing. Just little subtle quirks based off of it that show rather than the character just telling.

>You don't take into account how characters would interact with this person and how this person would interact with others.

Unless you're bumping uglies, that "interaction" has nothing to do with gender nor sex (the adjective)

but why?

gender is a fancy way to say sexual taste, the final objetive of all this gender thing is to let the others know what you wanna fuck or be fucked by.

Schizophrenia is also mental. Your point?

>tumblr arbitrarily made a distinction between the two so now we all have to abide by it
Ok

The distinction is older than Tumblr and older than the internet.

So then why to put gender and not a full character customization? unless the main focus of the personality of the character is that it go and say: "hi I'm user I'm pansexual, not that a NPC like you will give a fuck about it nor even understand what the fuck pansexual even means, but I will let you know anyways"

Prove it.
I'm older than the Internet, and gender was always synonymous with physical sex my entire life until literally 5 years ago.

>1945 Amer. Jrnl. Psychol. 58 228 In the grade-school years, too, gender (which is the socialized obverse of sex) is a fixed line of demarkation, the qualifying terms being ‘feminine’ and ‘masculine’.
>the socialized obverse of sex
This is from the 40s so it's still limited to 2 categories but it's social things surrounding it and not just the biological ones.

oed.com/view/Entry/77468

>more than two options
>pic clearly has two options

user, there were trannies in ancient Greece and Rome. Some ancient gods were transgender or hermaphrodites.

The topic was heavily suppressed until recently, but it's always been there. Trannies have always existed.

Not an argument.

I don't remember Saints Row having more than 2 genders

Used to be a slider in earlier games

>revisionist history

Not the same, transgender has social connotations in our culture it did not in theirs.

Yeah, by you and all the monocle-popping posh fucks who wanted to cover up anything that didn't jibe with their sensibilities.

Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
That's how facts and reality work, it's there regardless of your dumbass ideologies.

They can't user, they're too young to understand shit.

Prove it.

I proved it though. See

Here's more proof for you, not sure it supports your message though.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money

Literally anything I provide will be labelled fake and liberal propaganda unless it lines up exactly with what you already believe. Why the fuck should I give you the time of day?

Research it yourself, fuckwad.

Burden of truth, user. Saying I'll call it fake doesn't just free you from the burden of truth. Make sure your source is good, though.

>people who think "gender" has any meaning outside of gendered words found in many languages
How do you even define it outside of that context?
Gender corresponds to gendered speech, you can find it in Spanish, English, German etc.
The words were used to describe things as masculine, feminine, non-gendered, or biologically male or female.
Of course it's binary, everyone is born male or female, those who aren't are afflicted with an uncommon and unfortunate disorder.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_history

And before you say >Wikipedia, look at the citations, read what you can.
That's about the quickest way I can point someone in something resembling the right direction, because I'm not about to write a whole thesis on historical transgenderism for some whoever on a Mongolian basket weaving forum.

John Money was disgusting pedophile and should not be given any credence.
I won't dismiss him just because he inspected the genitals of young children, but what he published was non-scientific and flawed.

He was one of the first to have your ideas, user.

This is the second thread I've seen this week with the exact same arguments about genders. I'm just going to give the shitposters the benefit of the doubt though and assume nobody is fucking stupid enough to launch a concentrated effort to change the way people think of genders on Sup Forums of all places.

May be talking to the wrong person.

Gender(function of language) and sex(biological) are two different things, but gender is easily defined as a tool in language that we refer to things as masculine or feminine, male or female.

The gendered language we use always corresponds to the (apparent)biological sex of the person we are referring to.
That's the only distinction to be made between the two.

I challenge someone to define gender any other way outside of the function of language.

Half of these sources are embarrassing, but the other half are research papers so I won't complain. I'm honestly just surprised that someone gave any evidence in this kind of thread.

Ah, I thought I was talking to a "gender is a social construct" memer, and was just posting the first guy to actually say that.

>No schizophrenia slider

What games involve the protagonist dealing with Schizophrenia? I can only think of VtM:B off the top of my head.

genuinely curious do trannies (i.e. those that take estrogen/surgically alter themselves, not just cross dressers) actually believe it makes them female despite having developed physically as a male and not being able to reproduce?

It gets them as close as we can currently get, and their bodies effectively consider the switch flipped, from what I can tell.

But yes, generally they do believe that transitioning makes them the gender they intend to be.

Then why do people want trans to be its own gender? Wouldn't they rather be identified as just male or female, not trans-male etc.? I'd be fine pretending that it was true if it makes them happy.

>Then why do people want trans to be its own gender?
Most don't, but it's easier to pretend the whole group is made of the dumbest people in it, so that it is easier to spew memes at it.

Maybe if the dumbest people and meme-trans would shut the fuck up, I could see actual trans people as humans.

That's just how people work. Gotta ignore the dumbest ones to see normal people as just people.

I don't actually see the normal ones at all, but they'd probably be happy about that, so all's well that ends well.

Might as well not say anything and fap to chinese cartoons.

yeah duude, many people are stupid, so we should treat literally everyone like shit xD

That's just it, if you met them on the street you wouldn't give it a second thought. And that's how it should be; they're just trying to get along in the world like you are.
Live and let live, y'know?

>reading comprehension

Exactly. As long as I'm not going to go to fuck some girl and she has a dick, it's all good. I just want the "activists" to fuck off.

wtf is that disgusting curved image eww

>more than 1 gender option

No game can accurately portray schizophrenia.

You're a retard if you think correctly identifying the problems with your shitty logic is bad reading comprehension.

Replace "trans" with anything else and your tard logic obviously stands out as fucking retarded
>maybe if people who talk on tv weren't stupid, I would treat people IRL decently xD

In before tranny accusations because you have no arguments to defend your idiotic ideas and have to pretend you are doing it for any other reason than just the fact that you're an immoral cunt.

>strawmanning this hard
I never said anything was wrong with trans people, just that they get a bad reputation from every public example being an attention whore.

But it's just as bullshit. Gender differing from sex is not a real thing. Deep down every Apache Attack Helicopter knows he's just a poofter male, they're just fooling themselves.

>Made a game
>Added gender slider
>Actual gender is still a boolean
they didn't even notice

to trigger you. successfully :^)

What's even the point of having gender in a game where it isn't two choices? Would it even change anything?

>the gender selector isn't a clear tube filled with a white, creamy fluid

>Male
>Female
>Futa
Nothing wrong with this.

>Game has gender slider
>only two options

topkek

No reason to have the male if you're having futa.

>As long as I'm not going to go to fuck some girl and she has a dick, it's all good.

>Reducing a person to their genitalia
Yah nah fuck you
Probably some piece of shit who goes around to bars to get as many drunk one-night-stands to brag to all your friends about.
Fucking garbage pussy chaser.

That's a lot of projection, user.

>it's another tranny thread.
no.

Not an argument

>mfw I put it in the middle

> incorrect appraisal of strawman
It only follows as you have no idea when to blurt out > reading comprehension

obviously you have males for the futas to sodomize

Your example is shit, because people who talk on TV aren't the only people you ever hear talking, you get other examples every day. I've never heard from any trans people who aren't batshit crazy.

What kind of a subhuman retard would keep women instead of men when you have futa?

All it does is change the pitch of the character's voice and it's there ironically.

>it's fine to not like guys
>it's fine to not like girls
>it's somehow not okay to not like "girls" with dicks

>I've never heard from any trans people who aren't batshit crazy.
because the ones that aren't batshit crazy are quiet and don't make a big deal out of themselves

My original point was that the only reason trans people are disliked is because the only ones we hear from are the crazy ones. I'm glad you agree.

Maybe if the worst whites weren't trailer trash incest babies
Maybe if the worst blacks weren't violent criminals
Maybe if the worst asians weren't dog eating psychopaths
Maybe if the worst hispanics weren't lazy border jumpers
Maybe if the worst dog didn't bite people
Maybe if the worst pizza didn't taste terrible
Maybe the worst poster in this thread wasn't (you)
Do you see where I'm going with this?

See
You see more good examples than bad of all those groups, user.

Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne

There is Chaos;Head.

They still adhered to the gender binary though.

>There are definitely more than two genders
Unless you have Turner/Klinefelter Syndrome or you're a Samoan or Hijra nobody in the real world is going to take your third gender identity seriously.